USA Sets Return Dates for White Collar and Royal Pains, Premiere for New Cop Drama

Mrs. Suit’s fate will be revealed on Tuesday, Jan. 17, when White Collar resumes its third season.

USA Network has also announced the return date for Royal Pains, which will continue its own Season 3 on Wednesday, Jan. 18. Both returning shows will air at 10/9c.

Exclusive: Meet Fairly Legal‘s New Legal Eagle

Additionally, a series premiere date has been locked for Common Law, the cabler’s newest “blue sky” dramedy. Starring Michael Ealy (Sleeper Cell) and Warren Kole (The Chicago Code) as “odd couple” LAPD detective partners who are ordered into couples therapy, it will bow Thursday, Jan. 26 at 10 /9c. [UPDATE: Common Law‘s premiere has since been moved to summer 2012.]

Exclusive: Las Vegas Beauty Cast in Royal Pains Season 3 Finale

Jack McGee (Rescue Me) plays the Common Law police captain who resorts to this unorthodox solution, while Sonya Walger (Lost) is the tough-as-nails therapist tasked with helping the detectives understand and resolve their conflicts so that they might improve their ability to work together solving crimes.

White Collar‘s Hilarie Burton to Guest-Star on ABC’s Castle

Which of the above USA shows are you most looking forward to?

1. jj says:

Wow, another quirky USA procedural! How desperately exciting. *yawn*

2. Michael says:

Its better then anything on NBC or FOX

3. Emma says:

A new cop dramedy? No thanks. Castle is good enough. We don’t need a ‘hot new’ show.

4. Amy says:

yes! can’t wait to watch White Collar

5. Lisa says:

I won’t be watching Common Law.

6. CJ says:

Exactly – it’s a LONG 5 months between episodes!!!

7. Lisa says:

I’m looking forward to White Collar, Royal Pains and…In Plain Sight next spring. Man, I am really going to miss Mary Shannon and Marshall :(

• maggie says:

I really don’t understand why they are cancelling In Plain Sight. It really seems like it has a lot of life left in the show. It’s really puzzling why they are cancelling the show.

8. jbird says:

Looking forward to White Collar! Though I wonder if it’ll be up against Justified, which also starts on the 17th.

Matt, any chance if you know when Suits will be back? Is it only going to be a summer show or will it have split seasons like everything else on USA?

9. Lisa says:

I can’t wait to see Molly Sims on Royal Pains.

10. sa28 says:

Common law actually sounds interesting, I love USA programming. Matt, any idea when Necessary Roughness is coming back?

11. Amy says:

And still no mention of a return date for Fairly Legal?

12. Esaul says:

USA Network may have a certain format for their shows, but it’s proven successful thus far, hasn’t it? USA is the number one cable network. All of their new programming has done well. I was skeptical about Suits when it first came on, I gave it a shot and now I’m in love with it. The programming is a lot better than some of the shows on NBC as Michael earlier stated. If it ain’t broken, don’t fix it. The biggest flaw is the amount of time between the shows when they go on break. Now if I had two shows that played throughout the year, then I’d be fine. But I watch Psych and Suits. I had to wait forever for Psych because USA felt the show can hold its own without another program supporting it. With these new shows, I’m concerned they may cancel Psych soon since it’s the most senior show. USA still also does a great job with the syndication shows like SVU, Criminal Intent and NCIS. They aren’t relying on them as much as they used to, but I like how they haven’t gotten rid of them entirely.

Lastly, if I remember right USA Network topped NBC once a few months back, and if I recall right it was repeats on USA?

• maggie says:

I’m also worried they may cancel Psych because it’s their oldest show. I love Psych, and it’s still as funny as ever!

• Esaul says:

The show does its best to keep costs relatively cheap. I was listening to some production stuff on the dvd features. I am hoping for the best. Psych I believe is one of their top programs too? I should research that. As long as it has the ratings, I believe it will stay on for a few more years. *fingers crossed*

13. Sarah says:

Cam it be summer so Suits can come back? Way too long of a hiatus!!!

14. Jane says:

Insulting a hit tv show’s fanbase by comparing them to TwiHards? Really?

15. Mandy says:

If it ain’t broke don’t fix it. It may be a formula, but it works very well for USA. Their shows may not have the same level of critical acclaim as some of the other cable networks, but they deliver consistently strong ratings across the board.

It’s kind of funny that USA is so successful, while it’s parent company, NBC, is currently a such a mess with its shows. NBC may want to pilfer some of USA’s programming ideas. Cable shows tend to be “nichier” and won’t necessarily do as well with broadcast TV’s wider and more general audience, but given that USA’s ratings seem to be on par with that of NBC shows; at this point, it can’t hurt.

16. Justin says:

I’m definitely looking forward to White Collar, Royal Pains and Common Law (yeah, I said it!). This new show looks like it’ll be good, just like USA’s other shows, which is not a bad thing at all. USA network shows may have the same winning formula, but each one has a different plot, whether it be a burned spy (Burn Notice), white collar crimes (white collar), doctoring in the Hamptons (Royal Pains), etc. Each show has developed its own identity, which is so cool to me. Anyone who is bored by this simply doesn’t know good tv.

17. Bruno says:

If we’re talking about the format of USA shows, how about the way they’re scheduled. They usually air new shows in 12/13 episode first seasons (Suits, Fairly Legal, Necessary Roughness, Common Law) and then if it were to get picked up for a second season and further, they air 16/18 eps in two half seasons like White Colloar, Royal Pains, and the currently airing Burn Notice.

I only watch White Collar, Burn Notice and Suits. I will check out Common Law. I got tired of Royal Pains this summer so I gave up on it.

18. Jake says:

Royal Pains..cannot wait…love that show.

19. Rachel says:

I, for one, LOVE the USA formula, and tend to adore anything they create. So I will be watching Common Law, without a doubt.

20. Kaiulani says:

All that matters is that Matt Boomer will be back on my TV on January 17th!

21. Caro says:

WHITE COLLAR of course!! It’s THE BEST show ever!

22. lily says:

White Collar is worth the wait. It’s the only show I make sure to catch.

23. maggie says:

I can’t wait for White Collar. It’s one of the most entertaining shows on TV.