TVLine Items: Doctor Who Christmas Special Sets Date, Grey's Alum Enters Secret Circle and More!
BBC America has officially announced that Doctor Who: The Doctor, The Widow and The Wardrobe – the cult hit’s Christmas special for 2011 — is set to premiere Sunday, Dec. 25.
“There’s a Narnia-esque shape and feel to the telling of this story,” star Matt Smith tells RadioTimes (via BBC America) of the installment. “Whereas last year felt more like a Christmas romp, there’s a slow-burning, ethereal magic to this.”
As part of a 48-hour countdown to the main event, BBC America is presenting Doctor Who: Best of the Christmas Specials on Saturday, December 24, at 8 pm. Take a peek at The Doctor, The Widow and The Wardrobe here:
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• Lauren Stamile aka Grey’s Anatomy‘s stabby Rose is joining The Secret Circle in the recurring role of a psychic with ties to Cassie’s dead momma and John Blackwell, Zap2It reports. Stamile, whose other TV credits include Burn Notice and Community, debuts on the CW series in Episode 12.
• Eastbound & Down‘s third season will premiere Feb. 19 on HBO.
• Liev Schreiber (Scream) has been tapped to star in Showtime’s drama pilot Ray Donovan. The potential series centers on a professional “fixer” of the Hollywood elite.
• The inaugural season of Project Runway All Stars is set to premiere Thursday, Jan. 5 at 9/8c on Lifetime, and EW.com has an exclusive first look at all of the unfashionable dramarama.
• Oxygen announced Tuesday the development of three (more!) new docu-series: All the Right Moves will follow the life of So You Think You Can Dance choreographer Travis Wall and his dancer friends; That’s D’Amore features the D’Amore sisters — Caroline, Bonnie and Christie — maintaining their family business in California’s beachy Malibu; and Taking NY stars four female friends — beauty director Leigh Cherrier, former E! Online writer Marianne Garvey, designer Leila Shams and publicist Kelly Brady — striving to “have it all” in New York.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?