The TVLine-Up: TV Worth Watching This Tuesday

On TV this Tuesday: One incandescent caribou, Ringer vs. ringers, the latest Cougar Town cameo, a parade of undergarments that ain’t fitting in any lingerie drawer, and more. We’ve hand-selected 14 programs to keep on your radar.

8 pm Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (CBS) | I want to be a dentist.

8 pm Glee (Fox) | As the race for class president comes to an end, someone is caught trying to fix the results; Coach Beiste gets up the nerve to challenge Sue; things get complicated for Puck and Quinn. (Watch a video preview/see photos.)

TNT’s Mystery Movie Night Casts ER Alum in Patricia Cornwell’s Hornet’s Nest

9 pm Scott Turow’s Innocent (TNT) | The cabler’s brand-new Mystery Movie Night franchise kicks off with this adaptation of Turow’s sequel to Presumed Innocent, starring Bill Pullman (Independence Day) as Rusty Sabich, Marcia Gay Harden (Damages) and Alfred Molina (Law & Order: LA).

9 pm Ringer (The CW) | Fall finale: Henry enlists Bridget’s help as he targets a suspect in Gemma’s disappearance; Malcolm shares with the cops his suspicion of Charlie; Juliet develops an unhealthy obsession with Mr. Carpenter (raise your hand if you see where this is going!); and Machado meets with an informant (Buffy alum Amber Benson) in Wyoming.

9 pm The Epic History of Everyday Things (History) | This two-hour special recounts the extraordinary origins of everyday items.

9 pm New Girl (Fox) | Jess gets jealous when Winston joins her handbell quartet and proves to be — wait for it — a ringer; Nick and Schmidt engage in class warfare as they debate how to get the toilet fixed.

9:30 pm Raising Hope (Fox) | When an invention convention comes to town, Virginia urges the family to submit their own cash prize-worthy ideas — from unusually flavored yogurt (courtesy of Burt and Andrew) to a new baby mop (from Jimmy and Sabrina). Andrew Dice Clay guest-stars as himself.

Matt’s Inside Line: Scoop on the Sons of Anarchy and Covert Affairs Finales, and More!

10 pm Sons of Anarchy (FX) | Season finale, Part 1: What can I say that I didn’t already tease here?

10 pm Parenthood (NBC) | Fall finale: Kristina and Adam, overwhelmed with their work schedules, put Max’s well being in danger; Julia tries to keep her distance from Zoe; Sarah and Mark think deeply about their future.

10 pm Covert Affairs (USA Network) | Annie is rightly suspicious after she is approached by an MI6 operative who is unaware she’s with the CIA and wants access to the Smithsonian.

10 pm Flashpoint (ION) | A onetime recruit passed over by Parker enables a burglary at a hockey stadium. Then, when Parker doesn’t recognize him, he takes the sergeant hostage.

10 pm Sanctuary (Syfy) | Special night! Tesla and Magnus get warning signs that there’s a sentient being in their computer system.

10 pm Body of Proof (ABC) | A murdered young woman’s body turns up in place of a med school cadaver, leaving Megan to rely on a star student (Franklin & Bash‘s Dana Davis) to help solve the case. (You can also watch to try and spy the latest Cougar Town cameo.)

10 pm The Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show (CBS) | Musical guests include Nicki Minaj, Kanye West and Maroon 5, while one of the runway themes — in some unabashed bid to get guys to tune in, I reckon — is superhero-like lingerie costumes. (You can also watch to try and spy me in the crowd.)

TVLine’s Guide to Fall Finale and Winter Return Dates

Which of the above is must-see TV for you? And by all means, hit the Comments to offer tune-in suggestions of your own!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. scooterbeanbag says:

I cringe every time I see Sue in a Glee synopsis. This is what happens when you overuse one of the supporting players and make them entirely unbearable for the remainder of the series.

2. Bec says:

Agreed. Sue was a nice adversary and often funny in season 1, but now she’s basically pointless and she doesn’t have much to do with what the show is even about anymore. I would’t miss her at all if her character was cut, which is a shame because Jane Lynch is great.

3. gerald says:

Ringer! It’s the fall finale and there’s a Buffy reunion, so you can’t go wrong there…. Plus, knowing Ringer there’s going to be a great cliffhanger.

• CastleBuffySVU says:

Can’t wait to see Amber Benson in this one. Sarah Michelle Gellar has been brilliant thus far on Ringer, not that I expected any different. There will most likely be an awesome cliffhanger, no doubt.

4. Jana says:

Parenthood Fall finale is a must tonight!!!

5. Snapy says:

Ringer finale! Yeeee-haaaaaaaaw!!!!!!!

6. Totally ready to see what madness Ringer puts out for its fall finale. I just wish that Juliet was absent again – the last new episode was so good without her!

Get caught up before tonight with the full recap on here:

7. kirads09 says:

Rudolph is an annual must (love love love the Misfits song!)

The Turow movie on TNT appeals to me since NCIS is repeats.

8. Templar says:

Have to go with Innocent since I’ve lost interest in Covert Affairs. Can’t explain why.

• Aysh says:

I agree its just got a repetitive feeling this season…I am waiting for the New Girl :) why don’t the shows give a rest to the teacher- student romance?!!!

9. Laur2222 says:

New Girl
    Raising Hope!
    great shows and so happy new girl is back :)

10. J says:

I’m totally excited for Ringer! I love that show. You know it will be an awesome cliffhanger.

Superhero-like lingerie costumes as a bid to get men to tune in? I don’t think getting men to watch is the problem. I always thought mostly men watched it to ogle the models. I don’t know a single woman who watches it, but if guys want to, more power to them.

• Ella says:

I know women who watch it. In fact, I know women who DVR with their boyfriends and rewatch it. It’s more common than you might think, oddly enough.

11. fernando says:

yay Body Of Proof is back on tonight

12. kevin says:

The Fall finale of PARENTHOOD is destined to be an instant classic and it won’t return ’til January 3rd for its remaining episodes heading towards the season finale on February 28th. Thank goodness for CBS now that the crappy new crime drama UNFORGETTABLE is off tonight and this is why mixed reviewers weren’t pleased about Poppy Montgomery being back in the same genre and same network she was in WITHOUT A TRACE.

13. BC485 says:

Looking forward to both New Girl and Parenthood! Fox needs to stop pre-empting New Girl so that it can keep an audience; all of these weeks off have really hurt the momentum that the show had!

14. Lisa says:

Last Man Standing
    New Girl
    Raising Hope
    Covert Affairs

15. Lisa says:

Oh yeah, Amber Benson (Tara-Buffy) is on Ringer tonight :)

16. JJ says:

New Girl

17. Natalie says:

So ready for New Girl. Didn’t realize how much until dinner with the roommates last night produced two New Girl references: turtle face and beautiful savage.

18. Justin says:

Looking forward to Covert Affairs and Sanctuary tonight. I might check out that TNT movie Innocent as well.

19. socalgal says:

Nice night to get caught up on reading.

20. em says:

I know it’s a classic, but I cannot get through the Rudolph movie. For whatever reason, the Santa creeps me out. I’ll be watching New Girl and Raising Hope tonight.

21. CastleBuffySVU says:

I, for one, cannot WAIT to see Ringer. Definitely an amazing show.

22. Carmichael says:

> Tesla and Magnus get warning signs that there’s a sentient being in their computer system.

Ashley? Please? PLEASE? I want to start watching again.

23. Richard says:

Tonight “90210” says good-bye to Teddy and I say good-bye to “90210”.