Exclusive

It's Official: Chris Meloni Joins True Blood as a Series Regular -- Exclusive New Details!

That noise you hear is the sound of Twitter exploding into a million little pieces over the following news: After weeks of negotiations, Chris Meloni is officially joining True Blood as a series regular in Season 5.

According to executive producer Alan Ball, the former Law & Order: SVU front man will play, “An ancient, powerful vampire who holds the fate of Bill and Eric in his hands.”

Major True Blood Spoiler Alert: Meet Eric’s Vampire “Sister”

The gig brings Meloni back into the HBO fold for the first time since his days on Oz. It also mark a high-profile return to the small screen for the upcoming Man of Steel actor following his sudden departure from SVU last spring.

Urgent Notice: I’ll be revealing more details about Meloni’s vamp alter ego in the next 24 hours on Twitter, so best start following me at @MichaelAusiello now!

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Casting News, Exclusive, News, Scoop

1. Devan says:

Omg!!! I don’t know how I will like this!!!

2. jta1973 says:

Boo…hiss

3. tulip says:

Quinn is my favorite character in the books, simply awesome. Chris Melloni is a great actor and welcome addition, but no Quinn. Give us Quinn!

4. morgan p says:

It is ocella he will be playing. Eric’s maker. Its in the book! And in the book he has a brother Not a sister…..hmmm

5. ash says:

This is awesome news and i can’t wait to watch. But any news on Scott Foley.. he was on the finale and am interested to know if he is sticking around

6. Ella says:

Well……They finally signed the best actor on the block !!!!!
    Will miss him on SVU….but, he made a money move ! You GO CHRIS !!!

7. kyle says:

I don’t see how meloni can be the one to hold bill and eric fate in his hands with being an ancient vampire. As we remember in season 3 bill and eric buried russell edginton alive in concrete. With that being said, edginton escaped in the end of season 4 and is going to want revenge. What do you think will happen?

• sockpuppet says:

Russell was badly burned and pretty much allowed it—he needed time to heal anyway. Eric could whoop Bill’s ass easily, so I don’t know why you think an ancient wouldn’t have power over them

8. Mike carroll says:

Thats great cant wait the show is already off the hook.

9. Steph says:

If he’s going to be someone over them I’m going with the king from Vegas in the books

10. nikki says:

I never saw him in Oz…but if he showed more skin on HBO, I will be more glued then ever! Love me some Stapler

11. elizabeth says:

so loving it. lost him on one of my favorite shows to gain him on another one… cant wait for true blood yesssssssssssss

12. Lora penton says:

I’m so happy to hear that Michael Melonie is going to be on True Blood….this is like my all time favorite show I live for my sundays…

13. Mickey508 says:

He might be that Vamp King from Nevada???

14. herbert says:

gratifying to know that Mr. meloni wing integrates most fabulous series of this decade, I’ve seen his work in the series oz and made ​​me an actor without prejudice, doing nudity where he saw his penis and I hope that this new stage to do it again because you have to exploit that side so what is a good plus size and give a lecture and the other actors who act in the series that made ​​mere hours naked and covering the walk are not to see your penis the truth is I do not like the preacher in the series, if you teach it in and not walk sign esque actors causing or are ashamed of their penis size and they could lose their bonuses, gentlemen we know that all men have different size please see Mr. meloni and you will see that he does not give anything of her physical shame that is to be an actor in the whole extent of the word good now Mr. Meloni congratulations

15. Alchamilla says:

WoW,more newbies less of our faves in scenes? Pardon me but did you get a look at this Meloni guys forehead…. NOT attractive

16. Lisa says:

I cannot believe some of the comments I’ve read… Can you people NOT separate the books from the show? It’s a tv show people …. Just enjoy it

17. Daniel kowalczyk says:

It will be interesting to see some new characters, atleast they didn’t decide to put in frankenstine , goblins or zombies!.

18. Tyler says:

Well, it’s not like they use the great content of the books for story. It’s too bad because the show had such potential after the 1st season. Sorry to say that last season only had about 1 1/2 good episodes :(

19. Rosa says:

I’m so glad he’s on True blood …he’s my favorite on any show… especially Oz…

20. ba says:

should be good that guy is creepy even when he plays a good guy

21. colossus says:

I love Chris Meloni.

22. DLJ says:

I will never understand people that say they will never watch a show without so and so or how can they do anything else. That is just well I do not want to insult anyone. Actors need change. Chris was great as Stabler, but I did not realize how truly good he was until I saw him in OZ and I think he will be terrific in TB. Now I did not see anywhere in the article where it said he was going to be Eric’s maker as that just was not said above. I have read the Sookie books and the series is absolutely nothing like it so they can do pretty much anything they want at this point as I think of them as separate story lines anymore. I think the new season will be great.

23. Trubldfan says:

Using words like “titties” shows alot of class! I am sure u get alot of dates with that kind of language !!

24. deborahof the Dead says:

Oh You give the best scoops, Loved him on Oz and Svu, Hopin Nude nude scenes from him :) although I do hope they give us a quin Just I can’t see him as her interest but I can see him as a bad ass giving Eric and Bill some vamp scare or a svu through down

25. vanilzete medeiros says:

It’s wonderfull! I love chris Meloni, and i love true blood

26. mari boche says:

It’s not the sane without stabler he needs to come back to Olivia and the svu squad!!!!!!

27. Shaina says:

There has been talks about him maybe being a guest star on SVU next season but nothing is anywhere near set in stone sadly :(

28. phyllis morris says:

just one question..isnt chris meloni on law and order now?? love him on that show when I see it..he is so perfect with his partner..they are quite a pair..someone please answer me…