Exclusive: Glee Casts Ricky Martin as 'Hottest [Spoiler Alert] in History'

Ricky Martin GleeGlee is temporarily lifting its moratorium on stunt casting, and with good reason.

The Fox phenom has officially closed a deal with Ricky Martin to guest star early next year, sources confirm to TVLine exclusively.

The bon-bon shaker extraordinaire will play what a Glee insider is calling “the hottest Spanish teacher ever in the history of Ohio.”

And a musically inclined one at that.

I’m told Martin’s scalding instructor will headline two big musical numbers in the episode, which is slated to air in late January.

Glee Spoiler Alert: Somebody’s Getting Engaged!

After wrapping Glee, Martin is off to New York to begin rehearsals for his role as Che in the Broadway revival of Evita (opening in April 2012).

The Glee stint marks Martin’s most high profile acting gig since his two-year run on General Hospital in the mid-90s.

Thoughts? Which McKinley pupil do you think will sport the biggest crush on the new hot prof? Care to predict which musical numbers Martin will perform? Hit the comments!

Comments (154)

• Maybe Will transfers to a different teaching position. One that he’s more geared for like music, thus opening up the Spanish teacher position.

Or as was suggested, Ricky’s character is just another Spanish teacher because there actually can be more than one. Considering that it would be impossible for one teacher to teach 4 grades of students at once. No school has just ONE math teacher, or one science teacher, or one english teacher. It makes sense that there are multiples for every subject.Unless McKinley is the smallest highschool in America.

Comment by Finn fan – December 15, 2011 05:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think Santana will have the biggest crush! I love Ricki and can’t wait for this!

Comment by Jessica – December 15, 2011 05:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • R u kidding me I love celebrity guest stars

Comment by taz – December 15, 2011 05:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What is wrong with celebrity guest stars on Glee? NOTHING. Just let it he.

Comment by Liz – December 15, 2011 05:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My only feeling about this is that I don’t want guest stars detracting from the stories of the main student cast in the 13 episodes left where they are all together.

Whatever they do with Martin’s storyline, it had better be there to further the stories of the kids and to do so very, very well. If it isn’t there for that and is about him or adult characters who will be around for a long time, I’ll likely be frustrated with it. That goes for Gloria Estefan and any other guest stars; I don’t watch Glee for them, so when they’re integrated well into the plots I like ‘em (Cheno, Gwyneth, Josh Groban, Neil Patrick Harris) and when they don’t, they bother me a lot (Carol Burnett–biggest waste of a guest star ever; Olivia Newton John).

Comment by stw – December 15, 2011 05:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i don’t understand why there are some people being so rude about gays/lesbian. They have done nothing wrong, they just being who they are.
    I for once can’t wait to see this episode of glee and ricky martin as a guess star…….

Comment by joan – December 15, 2011 06:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I totally agree it doesnt make ant sense isnt it 2011?

Comment by David – December 16, 2011 07:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • gay, straight, famous or not who cares. this show is fantastic for all the above. it has given teens everywhere and a few of us old farts who had nothing when we were young. keep it up and keep bringing “glee” to everyone who needs a little sunshine in their life.

Comment by bob – December 15, 2011 06:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Ricky Marin! And, not to be sterotypical homophobic because i love gays, but I think Kurt would probably like the new teacher!

Comment by Jordan – December 15, 2011 06:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • is it juss me or do u guys really wish he has some sort off connection to santana? idk maybe my imagination lol (: #GLEEK

Comment by michelleeeee – December 15, 2011 06:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow….running out of ideas now huh? Kinda disappointed:-/ Not looking forward to see this dude on my favorite show. I was much happier with him out of “the scene” & hiding out, away from all the craziness of the industry.

Comment by Bruno – December 15, 2011 06:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • All you homophobes get over yourselves! Seriously grow up. It sucks that you need to bag in other people to make yourselves feel better! If you don’t like it don’t watch it its as easy as that. Quit being rediculous!!!

This is a great show for teenagers it shows them how to accept people for who they are flaws and all. Keep it up Glee!

Comment by Boots – December 15, 2011 06:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • AWESOME!!!!!! Cant wait to see that!! I hope we see some latin flavor in that episode!!

Comment by Adinson – December 15, 2011 06:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank you…. Because a television show can’t have a sexuality

Comment by Rachel – December 15, 2011 06:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love it! I do wish he wouldve been one of Rachel’s dads!!! He is hot, gay or not!!!

Comment by llcoolmom – December 15, 2011 06:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think the writers of Glee are doing a amazing job, who ever came up with Ricky as a guest star is brilliant. From the Opera show it showed Ricky being very coy with his sexuality. I know that the Glee cast will provide the kind of love support he needs. Great job to you all.

Comment by ALEXANDRIA TIPTON – December 15, 2011 07:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’M EXCITED AND CAN’T WAIT TO SEE RICKY ON GLEE!! YIPPEE YAY!!

Comment by CARMEN RIVERA – December 15, 2011 07:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If you had the “good sense” to stop watching this show ages ago, then you should also have the “good sense” to stop shoving your closed-mindedness in our faces, and keeping your own morals to yourself. Just like you don’t want to see sex, nudity, language, or homosexuality on television, we don’t want to see someone bashing a show (that they supposedly don’t even watch) that we like, in a place meant for us glee-watchers to discuss this show.

Kindly keep your own feelings to yourself, as many of us do not agree with your definition of “poor morals”.

Comment by jae – December 15, 2011 07:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m really looking forward to seeing Ricky on Glee! I’m old enough to remember watching him on General Hospital and can I just say, he’s aging better than I am! Gay or not, who cares!, bring on some Ricky!!!

Comment by Debbie – December 15, 2011 07:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I watch glee because
    It make sense

I am profesional
    A can release my stress

Cos i feel
    Like happy
    When i see them all together

Having good times and solving thier problems together

No man is an island
    We need friends

… Ricky hes an i con
    Hes good and noble man … Look on the mirror and see the difference

Peace to all

Comment by Azis – December 15, 2011 07:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree, every1 should stop being judgmental, who gives you the right to judge, your not God. Ricky is a gr8 performer & will make Glee even better, plus we get to see some fine ass! Compliment people, those who can’t say something nice about others are jealous and jealousy is a curse, so grow up, face la musica, cause this is life. You don’t like it, there are places for you kinda people a mental institute cause you need to be medicated & counseled into understanding the world we live in today- clearly your not coping, JUST SAYING THAT’S ALL!

Comment by Belinda – December 15, 2011 07:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am extremely happy that a Boricua get to be part of such an amazing show. I know he’s going to be wonderful in it! Ricky, orgullo Boricua… pa’ que tu lo sepas!!!

Comment by Sally_pr – December 15, 2011 07:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is giving me a headache. Season 3 has been awful so far, and not because of the homosexuality that’s been heavily inlaid in the series. The story lines this year have been awful. ZERO continuity and they are kind of placed randomly really. I could be specific, but I don’t feel like writing a book. I think they need find better writers (or throw a few more writers in there) with a little more creativity than this. Having Ricky Martin guest star is cool, but come on. Be more creative than a spanish teacher (which wouldn’t be an obvious choice AT ALL). Actually place him as having been in someone’s life or something and not showing up as just a teacher who will leave after an episode or two just because it’s easy. But if we’re going to do random… just do a Spice Girls episode randomly. Not because it fits anything, but it would appease me. I mean, there’s been a Britney Spears and Madonna episode. Now we need some Spice. SPEAKING of Britney S. Pierce… why are we no longer doing the silly Brit stuff???? I MISS THAT. Bring it back old school.

Comment by prettynerd – December 15, 2011 07:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • O…M…G!!!

Comment by Lisa – December 15, 2011 07:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well,i don’t care what song he is going to sing but I’m pretty sure that it is extraordinary having him in the show :)

Comment by Wilfred – December 15, 2011 07:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glee also already had a glee club teacher, but that didn’t stop them from that horrible Shebly storyline…

Comment by Electro – December 15, 2011 07:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ricky Martin can be my spanish teacher anyday! i love glee it makes me happy and i already love the men of glee addin this one to the mix with his accent, voice and sexy moves is just…. orgasmic lol (I can be a lil dramatic)

Comment by cat – December 15, 2011 08:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Actually Modern Family is more gay than Glee – one-third of their cast a gay couple. But that’s neither here nor there. I hope Ricky does “She Bangs” with Blaine.

“Well if it looks like love should be a crime
    You’d better lock me up for life
    I’ll do the time with a smile on my face
    Thinking of her in her leather and lace”

That just seems perfect for Kurt

Comment by Betty – December 15, 2011 09:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Santana crushes on him!

Comment by Mary Lynne – December 15, 2011 09:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • hmmm…”somebody gets engaged”??…Makes sense! (Gwyneth Paltrow’s) Holly is also a Spanish sub. = bet the plotline hooks Holly & new Spanish sub. (Ricky) together, while highlighting Will’s (at one time) attraction to Holly !!!! OOooo, I’d REALLY be up for that !!!

Comment by TerryGleek – December 15, 2011 09:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s THEIR storyline. THERE refers to a location.

Comment by Emily – December 15, 2011 10:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Actually, the word gay first meant ‘to be happy, gleeful’. It’s ignorant who turned it into the word that it is today.

Comment by OptimusClaire – December 15, 2011 11:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • you people are ridiculous kyle king IS gay. stop being so hypersensitive to anyone even mentioning the word gay. its like you’re looking for someone to say something offensive

Comment by faith – December 16, 2011 01:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Will gets booted (suspended) for booze in the classroom (hold on to 16]…Rickey new teach…Santana hot 4teacher??? Gloria hot 4 Ricky after counseling session as Santana’s mom with Ricky…Now mom & daughter hot 4 teacher..enought said

Comment by Bill Talbott – December 16, 2011 02:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My Latin Lovers gonna be on Glee now i know why im a Gleek

Comment by David – December 16, 2011 07:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A Spanish teacher who can actually speak Spanish? Now THAT’S a twist.

Comment by lucia – December 16, 2011 12:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Don’t like, don’t watch!

Comment by Di – December 16, 2011 12:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i swear glee is gonna lose so much viewers if they kept on bringing celebs to be guest stars. i’m not homophobic or anything but isn’t the show gay enough already??!!!!

Comment by Jessica – December 16, 2011 06:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes, Glee is the gayest show on TV. yeah!!! Finally, there’s a show everyone can enjoy. It’s actually a hit internationally as well. They had showed teacher student relationship complexities while keeping the show fun and entertaining. Move never seen a light hearted fun show that is able to touch on very challenging topics. Remember how everyone was up in arms when Roseanne kissed Hemingway on her show? Glee is awesome. I wonder if Blain has the hots for the hot Spanish teacher and cause all kinds of ruccous in the school. Glee sure knows how to make it fun at the same time tells a real life situational story. I like how they touch on topics without making audience deal with one heavy subject for an hour. They make people think. Think about what it would be like…for you, your friends, your kids, and for others…life sure does not revolve around the universe of 1.

Comment by Funfest – December 17, 2011 07:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve really loved this season!! and i have complete faith in ryan murphy so even though i dont like ricky too much….. and i really just want to watch the main characters. I’m going to stay positive and be excited to see what happens. soooooooo stop whinning everyone!!!!!!

Comment by mar – December 21, 2011 03:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Heya i am for the first time here. I found this board and I find It really useful & it helped me out
    a lot. I hope to give something back and help others like you helped me.

Comment by Calzoncillo Calvin Klein – March 24, 2014 12:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think the admin of this website is in fact working hard in support of his website, as here every material is quality based material.

Comment by series fox – April 18, 2014 06:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post