Exclusive

The X Factor Exclusive: Tinie Tempah Set as Top 7 Results-Show Guest

Two more X Factor contestants will be sent to the guillotine before the week is over, but before they do, the Season 1 Top 7 will wanna be startin’ somethin’ on a thriller night in which they won’t stop till you get enough. Yes indeed, Wednesday’s performance telecast (8/7c, Fox) will find the remaining finalists — Melanie Amaro, Drew Ryniewicz, Rachel Crow, Astro, Marcus Canty, Chris Rene, and Josh Krajcik — covering tunes from the Michael Jackson songbook.

Meanwhile, Thursday’s results-show telecast, featuring another double elimination almost certain to send Nicole Shwarzenwhatzit into a mascara-testing fit of emotion, will feature guest performer British rap star Tinie Tempah performing his latest hit “Pass Out.”

Excited about this week’s musical guest? Wondering if anyone will dare tackle “Man in the Mirror” or “Will You Be There” seeing how Melanie has already performed them this season? Visualizing Jennifer Lopez stirring her cauldron while watching the show and declaring “Earth Song” an obscure track nobody knows? Hit the comments and sound off! And for all my X Factor news, opinions, and recaps, follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV!

1. Jessica says:

Ugh… Michael Jackson songbook. :( This disappoints me immensely. May be watching the results show only.

2. lethargic says:

The sad thing is that there will be more uptempo numbers on Michael Jackson night than there was on Rock night.

Oh, and goodbye Marcus and Astro.

• LSnow says:

Simon last week you critized ASHRO for his attitude, you should be
      reprimanded for your attitude tonight. In order to have good followers, you must be a good leader. SHAME ON YOU11111.

3. RichieOnTV says:

It wouldn’t be the worst thing if The X Factor was cancelled.
    With American Idol, America’s Got Talent and The Voice; X Factor just seems unnecessary.

4. Yanis Khamsi says:

Hey Michael!

You usually predict finalists really well. I guess I’ll give it a shot.

Final FOUR

Drew
    Melanie Amaro
    Chris Rene
    Josh Krajcik

I exclude Rachel Crow because as much as I don’t want her to go home, and as awesome as I think she is as a singer. If Chris Rene doesn’t step up this week, then I will replace him with Rachel Crow.

5. Yonofoco says:

MJ night, Ugggh! I can hear Drew and Josh all day long regardless of the song choice. Getting tired of the other contestants.

Drew FTW!!

6. Kari Hope says:

“Ben” would be a perfect song for somebody with a powerful voice. Melanie?? ;-)

Bottom 2 to go home: Astro and Chris.

• Tess says:

“Ben” might be good for Rachel – being both youthful and poignant, it would be a better choice than a cheeky uptempo number like “ABC” or “I Want You Back” for her, though I could also see her and Simon agreeing to “Who’s Loving You” since she’s really at her best on more bluesy material.
      I’d love to see Melanie and Drew both tackle some uptempo numbers, especially Melanie since we’ve seen her do two slower MJ songs already. I can’t for the life of me think of what would work for them at the moment though. Oh wait, maybe “Human Nature” for Drew…? That might be interesting.
      I hope to God Josh stays away from the Chris Cornell version of “Billie Jean” so no one goes and compares it to David Cook’s rendition (as perfect as that choice might be). Maybe he’ll do Alien Ant Farm’s version of “Smooth Criminal”? Or he’ll fight Rachel for “Who’s Loving You?” since he can pull off something like that well too.
      No matter what Marcus does, he will come off second rate. I think he’s better off with something uptempo and just hoping people will vote more for him this week since he was in trouble last week.
      Chris might do “Rockin’ Robin” in ode to his grandfather (am I correct he wrote it?)…he might be better off with something like “Black Or White” though. Astro will likely pick some random MJ track and just do his own rap over it as usual so it doesn’t matter much what song he picks, does it? Best options though are probably “Jam” or “Scream”.
      I hope you’re right Kari that Astro and Chris go…I am more than ready to see them leave. Frankly, I’d love the bottom 3 to consist of all of LA’s boys – none of the girls deserve to go and neither does Josh. They should be the final four, IMO.

7. Denise says:

LOL **Visualizing Jennifer Lopez stirring her cauldron while watching the show and declaring “Earth Song” ** How did you know??? I don’t think I can deal with another season of her…. wish Idol would have gotten rid of Jenny from the hood.

• karenb says:

This.^^ You know it’s a scary day when Steven Tyler is the only voice of reason on that show.

• yeah says:

Yeah, who would’ve ever thought that the day would come when every reasoning person would have to agree that Steven Tyler was the voice of reason.

I got so sick of FakeLo and I’ve So Sold Myself Out That I Can’t Even Say Anything Reasonable Anymore Even When Not Directly Under Nigel’s Watch Since I’ve Forgotten How Randy by the end that I’m not going to watch Idol this year. They kept Nigel, Randy And JLo so sorry but I’m outta there. It just became so utterly beyond apparent how completely fake and scripted and what a total joke the show is and they even stooped so low as to basically try to publicly humiliate a contestant in the hopes of causing a meltdown rant for ratings to top it off. Pathetic.

Seriously the stuff coming out of Randy’s mouth even post Idol is so ridiculous it’s hard to believe he used to be respected for his musical opinion. He has so sold out, so deeply for so long he has nothing left of his old true self anymore.

And I used to defend JLo but now I see that those calling her a fake were correct after all.

• yeah says:

haha yeah
      and I bet Randy will screaming at his TV “WHERE ARE THE RUNS!! WHERE ARE THE #?#?#?## RUNS THAT MJ NEVER PUT IN! YOU HIT THE HIGHEST NOTE EVER HIT BY ANYONE IN THE HISTORY OF REALITY TV SINGING SHOWS TONIGHT BUT IT STILL WASN’T WITHIN 10 OCTAVES OF WHAT MJ DID!!!!!! MAYBE EVEN NOT WITHIN 20 OCTAVES!!!! YOU HAVE NOOO, NOOOOOO RNAGE!!!!!! WHY DID YOU NOT SMILE AND SOUND HAPPY AND SING WITH HAPPY TONES! HAPPY TONES PEOPLE! HAPPY TONES! WHEN YOU SANG ABOUT CHILDREN DYING AND CLUBBING BABY SEALS OVER THE HEAD?! WHERE WERE THOSE HAPPY, MELLOW TONES!?!!! WHY DID YOU PICK A SONG THAT MEANT SOMETHING?!!! WHY???!!!!!”

• yeah says:

“OH AND IF I REALLY, REALLY HAD TO PICK WHO WAS THE BEST TONIGHT…. AHHHH UMMMM I’M GOING HAVE TO GO WITH EVERYONE ELSE DID GREAT AND YOU SUCKED.”

8. jennrae says:

Nicole P. Doll has got to go. It’s like she and Paula are competing to see who can give the most hyperbolic critiques, what with all the angel tears, rainbows, and unicorns cheering in heaven. Enough is enough! And how is it that none of the judges could hear Marcus bleating off-key throughout his song last week?

9. Tess says:

Oh, and I am actually kinda stoked for Tinie Tempah. Love the fact that Simon’s bringing a lot of UK acts onto X Factor result shows.

10. karenb says:

I’m sure my kids will cringe with embarrassment, but I have to ask: who in the world is Tinie Tempah? I so hate being outta the loop!

• em says:

Don’t worry, even your kids might not know who he is. He’s much bigger in the UK and “Pass Out” was never a hit here. “Written in the Stars” was played over here on radio though. He seems pretty pop-friendly, as far as his hits go.

11. MJ defender says:

i can’t believe how stupid these comments are why is it that everytime people come up with the name MICHAEL JACKSON everybody talks so negative MICHAEL JACKSON is the greatest entertainer in the world hes more famous than all of you all of you are a bunch of hypocrites i bet if it was justin bieber week or usher week yall would be so happy and excited but NOOOO everytime they mention michael yall are talking negative about him it doesn’t matter what you do or say MICHAEL JACKSON IS GONNA LIVE FOREVER AND HIS SONGS ARE TIMELESS HE IS IMMORTAL SO TO EVERY HATER OUT THERE F.U.C.K Y.O.U AND KISS MY ASS X.

• em says:

Nobody’s disrespecting MJ. MJ has a vast catalog, but no one chooses to take advantage of it. We often hear terrible covers of the same song every time MJ week is done. As a fan of MJ, I’m sure you have to dread hearing awful covers of the artist you love so much.

12. MJ defender says:

MICHAEL JACKSON KING OF MUSIC F.U.C.K THE HATERS MICHAEL IS THE BEST
    LONG LIVE THE KING X.

13. dan says:

At least someone already sang “Man in the Mirror” so that we don’t have to hear Drew’s ultra-slow funeral dirge rendition of it.

14. Elena says:

Michael Jackson again? Can’t Simon come up with anything original? I guess not. Exited to see Tinie Tempah on the results show. I would have no idea who he was if I didn’t watch BBC America but I’m glad he gets a chance to perform on a U.S. show.

15. Famous Artist says:

I am sick of Astro. I wish he would change it up a little. I wish his voters would get bored.
    Chris Rene is from my town, but he has to make a major jump or he wont be around much longer.
    I’d like to see Rachel in the top four. But I am guessing that Drew will win.

16. T says:

I would love to see Marcus do “Rock With You” or “She’s Out Of My Life”. I like him better a bit striped down. What in hell is Josh going to sing?? MJ is totally out of his wheel house. “Scream” maybe?? The show sounds like it could be a train wreck….

17. Jason says:

This show is sure fizzling out fast huh? It seemed so promising with Simon and Paula. The production has been making huge mistale. A) Firing Cheryl Cole – Nicole is ok but her mentoring and judging skills are subpar. She would have been good in small doses as the host and then Steve Jones wouldn’t feel so awful because he would have less to do. B) Jones is floundering out there. The mimbo host with no personality. 1) The talent has been really subpar.

Prediction:Lakota Rain will sell the most albums of contestants this season.

18. JohnDoe says:

I wonder how many seasons it will be before Ryan Seacrest is hosting this show too?

19. jen says:

Why are they having 2 double eliminations in a row. The show really isn’t planned. Live shows are usually the best part of these talent shows and we’re gonna get down to the finals very quickly. Unlike Idol, XF usually has 3 acts in the final…So we go from 9 to 5 acts in 2 weeks? Then next week is the quarterfinals, then following week semifinals with 4 acts and then the finals? I guess thats right if the show ends by Xmas – we have 4 performance shows left for $5 million…This is easy money. Im having more f un watching the UK show on line every Sat afternoon – Go Marcus Go Little Mix Go MIshaB…..ByeSteveJ – and Simon, where’s Mariah. Lets just get to the Melanie/Drew/Josh finals…let Drew do her duet with Justin Beiber and Mariah finally come on the show for Melanie’s duet…and get some rock guy to sing with Josh…and have Demi Lovato meet LA Reid

20. Dang! says:

I think someone should call the “Frakkin'” Police lol

21. S says:

MJ? really? ugh. I’m so tired of hearing him. Sorry. Oh well this will probably be my last week any way since everyone saying Marcus will go. I’ll never watch this show again because I really do think its horrible. 2 acts going every week is stupid, the contestants are a bore , audience is too loud and annoying, judges suck and Simon is not like the Simon from Idol I loved. I actually miss Idol and am looking forward to its return.

• JohnDoe says:

I know! I miss the AI judges, and their overpraise, and cliche “that was beautiful” even for the crap performances. We need more fakery from our X Factor judges.

• yeah says:

But infinitely better than AI at least on XFactor they don’t fakely bash down the best (unless they are a producer’s early pick pet) so there is none of that sickening side of things. So what they are doing is 100x better than what AI has become (over praise who they want to win and tear to pieces anyone who suddenly might threaten no matter how much the plot has moved on from their original tale.)

• yeah says:

well LA Reid might do a little of that but in this case it’s clear he is just fighting for his team so it doesn’t come across in the awful way it did on AI

• yeah says:

What’s wrong with MJ?
      He was awesome. Great catalog.

22. tammy wilkinson says:

I absolutley love the show,,I think Simon is the best judge…I love him most…I love paula & Nicloe as well,,they bring style & class to the show,,,I love LA. i just think hes a bit harsh,,especially to the younger contestants,,,i wish he wasnt so brutal”” I also auditioned in LA. for the X-Factor,,but i auditioned for one judge who didnt let me finish my song & wouldnt allow me to sing my second choice song,,,it wasnt fair,,,I just wished i had a fair chance,,I think i definatley have the X-Factor!!!!!! Love you all;)

23. Kevin C. says:

It’ll be interesting to see if Astro manages to find another way of skirting the theme (any rap songs that sampled at least 5 seconds worth of MJ?) and what Michael Jackson sounds like when slowed down to dirge tempo (Drew).

24. cheryl says:

why don’t they let them sing songs that suit their voices, I think it’s so much more enjoyable to listen to each individual sing the types of music that complement their voice, style and personality. They are all talented in their own way but to saddle them with awful songs is painful to watch. And what is with the annoying special effects, I feel like I’m at the circus. ugh
    And what is a Tini Timpah? thanks goodness for my DVR..

25. socalgal says:

#1: This show is so horribly over-produced it’s a job to watch. #2: Let all contestants pick their own songs – give them the parameters #3: Yes, let the contestants emphasize their positives, however, keep in mind that if one to become famous, would you want to hear their rendition of our national anthem at some televised event?

26. J says:

Chris should get to sing all original songs. I’d like to see him and Josh in the finale.

27. It’s going to be end of mine day, but before finish I am reading this great piece of writing to increase my know-how.