Exclusive

Parks and Recreation Exclusive: Louis C.K. Returns... To Steal Leslie Away From Ben?

Parks and Recreation is not making things easy for Leslie (Amy Poehler) and Ben (Adam Scott) this season.

As if Leslie’s political ambitions weren’t enough of an obstacle for the star-crossed lovers, the show is now bringing back ex-boyfriend Louis C.K.

Sources confirm to TVLine exclusively that the actor/comedian — currently between seasons of his FX comedy, Louie — will reprise his role as Leslie’s former police officer beau Dave Sanderson in an early ’12 episode.

The extremely laid back, mild-mannered character was last seen in Season 2 when he took a job in San Diego.

At PaleyFest2011 last March, Poehler expressed hope that Louis would someday return. “I would love to see Louis and Adam together,” she told me. “I think it would be very interesting to have [Dave and Ben] in the same room together.”

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: Casting News, Exclusive, News, Scoop

1. Jenny says:

This will be fun but it’s always going to be Ben :)

2. Junior G. says:

So many great Parks & Rec exclusives! I voted for Ben in the poll but deep inside I’m also rooting for a Leslie & Dave romance!

3. Katie says:

I love this! Ben is already awkward around cops and to have Dave be not only a cop, but Leslie’s ex!! It will be fantastic!

4. MV says:

Oh this will be perfection! I love Dave so much (but in all honesty, Ben has been worked up as Leslie’s perfect soulmate, there’s no one else for her)

5. Dani says:

Soulmate = Ann

6. Linda says:

An early Christmas present! Thank you, Parks & Rec! :)

7. RichieOnTV says:

Wow. I forgot that Mark ever existed tbh.
    While I love Louis C.K., it will always be Leslie and Ben for me.

8. Elizabeth says:

Yes!! I love Louis C.K.. And I love when he’s on Parks & Rec!

9. Carmichael says:

wow I wasn’t sure if I had hallucinated Mark or not

10. W says:

I had a dream about this last night… hmmm,

11. Marie says:

I am so excited for this! Louis C.K. as Dave is endearing but Ben and Leslie belong together. also, surprised with the random pick of Mark.

12. Hojana says:

LOUIS C.K!!!

13. R says:

I usually find it vaguely annoying when a show trudges up old love interests to put pressure on a couple, but I’ll gladly make an exception here. Dave was great, I trust Leslie and Ben will be fine in the long run, and there are few things funnier than Ben being awkward.

14. Amy says:

I’m excited and I think that this could be awesome but if he puts his P anywhere near her V I’m gonna have to kick someone in there Bs

15. CinephileSandra says:

This is so exciting!!! I cannot WAIT to see Ben and Dave acting all awkward around each other.

16. Charlotte says:

Such awesome news!!! I’ve always felt that Louis C.K. had way more chemistry with Amy P than Adam Scott. I think Adam Scott is great but I just don’t see any chemistry between those two. Yes, they’re “so alike” and the writers have pushed them as the perfect couple down our throats but I really really loved Leslie and Dave. Soooo looking forward to this episode!

17. AJL says:

This news excites me because Dave x Leslie were so much funnier than Leslie x Ben ever were, albeit not as romantic. Louis CK is a great comedic actor.

18. Alysse says:

I’m all for this if it means we get to see Adam Scott act all awkward on screen with Louis C.K. What I will not be happy about is a love triangle to create contrived angst and drama. I did like the Leslie-Dave storyline, but never saw them together long-term. Leslie needs someone who’s her intellectual equal. Ben fits the bill; Dave does not.

19. cj says:

i only voted none of the above because i honestly think dave and ben are both legitimate possible soul mates and i can’t pick between the two. i know everybody loves ben right now because he’s the most recent (and he’s young and good looking), but dave is such a sweet guy and he might just be the yin to leslie’s yang, whereas leslie and ben can tend to butt heads a little more. then again, butting heads isnt’ necessarily a bad thing, it can help stoke the flames. AARGGHHHH i just can’t choose!!

20. AndyLuvr says:

This is so awesome. Now if Paul Schneider can put in an appearance or two as Mark Brendanawicz!!!

• Nicole says:

This has to happen! I still miss Mark. I just want him to come visit Pawnee for a week or two (did he leave Pawnee? I’m assuming yes because I can’t remember). Not to be with Leslie, just to have him back for a bit. I loved his dry sense of humor.

21. kt says:

It’s one episode. It won’t be a love triangle, it will just be hilarity!

22. erin says:

YES! Can’t wait to see officer Dave again (though I love Ben & Leslie together). Haven’t missed Mark one bit.

23. liz says:

Way to plant, Ann! I cant wait to be secular with you.

24. Tamara says:

I LOVE BEN!!!!!

25. AJ says:

Ben all the way! I like Dave and I think he was sweet with Leslie and I honestly think they could of made it work. But intellectually and passionately it is always going to be Ben. And I don’t get how anyone can say Ben and Leslie have no chemistry. Did they not see the last scene together in Smallest Park? That kiss was packed full of chemistry. Amy and Adam play off each very well. All you have to see is an interview with them together, they have great chemistry and I think it plays well off onto the screen as well.

26. Meghan says:

I vote for Dave. Ben is so wimpy. Almost as bad as Gabe on The Office.