Parks and Recreation Exclusive: Louis C.K. Returns… To Steal Leslie Away From Ben?

Parks and Recreation is not making things easy for Leslie (Amy Poehler) and Ben (Adam Scott) this season.

As if Leslie’s political ambitions weren’t enough of an obstacle for the star-crossed lovers, the show is now bringing back ex-boyfriend Louis C.K.

Sources confirm to TVLine exclusively that the actor/comedian — currently between seasons of his FX comedy, Louie — will reprise his role as Leslie’s former police officer beau Dave Sanderson in an early ’12 episode.

The extremely laid back, mild-mannered character was last seen in Season 2 when he took a job in San Diego.

At PaleyFest2011 last March, Poehler expressed hope that Louis would someday return. “I would love to see Louis and Adam together,” she told me. “I think it would be very interesting to have [Dave and Ben] in the same room together.”

Comments (38)

• This will be fun but it’s always going to be Ben :)

Comment by Jenny – November 28, 2011 02:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So many great Parks & Rec exclusives! I voted for Ben in the poll but deep inside I’m also rooting for a Leslie & Dave romance!

Comment by Junior G. – November 28, 2011 02:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this! Ben is already awkward around cops and to have Dave be not only a cop, but Leslie’s ex!! It will be fantastic!

Comment by Katie – November 28, 2011 02:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh good point! I forgot about that little nervous quirk of Ben being nervous around cops. Who else is looking forward to Adam Scott playing incredibly and painfully awkward?

Comment by MV – November 28, 2011 02:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yes very much so.

Comment by Julia – November 28, 2011 10:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh this will be perfection! I love Dave so much (but in all honesty, Ben has been worked up as Leslie’s perfect soulmate, there’s no one else for her)

Comment by MV – November 28, 2011 02:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Soulmate = Ann

Comment by Dani – November 28, 2011 02:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Her?

Comment by RichieOnTV – November 28, 2011 02:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Thank you, RichieOnTV. This got me the biggest laugh I’ve had all day.

Comment by Guybrush – November 28, 2011 03:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Well done, RichieOnTV, well done.

Comment by Levondrious – November 28, 2011 04:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • best reply i’ve seen in a while. made me happy :) thanks!

Comment by noa – November 28, 2011 09:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I call her Annabelle because her name is Ann and she’s shaped like a…

Comment by KNichols – November 29, 2011 09:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • She’s the belle of the ball!

Comment by MV – November 29, 2011 10:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Brilliant Arrested Development reference – the best comedy to ever grace the TV.

Comment by mooky123 – June 14, 2012 10:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • An early Christmas present! Thank you, Parks & Rec! :)

Comment by Linda – November 28, 2011 02:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow. I forgot that Mark ever existed tbh.
    While I love Louis C.K., it will always be Leslie and Ben for me.

Comment by RichieOnTV – November 28, 2011 02:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Same here! Wonder what that guy’s up to these days…

Comment by Cy – November 28, 2011 03:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes!! I love Louis C.K.. And I love when he’s on Parks & Rec!

Comment by Elizabeth – November 28, 2011 02:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • wow I wasn’t sure if I had hallucinated Mark or not

Comment by Carmichael – November 28, 2011 03:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I had a dream about this last night… hmmm,

Comment by W – November 28, 2011 03:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so excited for this! Louis C.K. as Dave is endearing but Ben and Leslie belong together. also, surprised with the random pick of Mark.

Comment by Marie – November 28, 2011 03:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LOUIS C.K!!!

Comment by Hojana – November 28, 2011 03:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I usually find it vaguely annoying when a show trudges up old love interests to put pressure on a couple, but I’ll gladly make an exception here. Dave was great, I trust Leslie and Ben will be fine in the long run, and there are few things funnier than Ben being awkward.

Comment by R – November 28, 2011 03:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m excited and I think that this could be awesome but if he puts his P anywhere near her V I’m gonna have to kick someone in there Bs

Comment by Amy – November 28, 2011 03:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is so exciting!!! I cannot WAIT to see Ben and Dave acting all awkward around each other.

Comment by CinephileSandra – November 28, 2011 04:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Such awesome news!!! I’ve always felt that Louis C.K. had way more chemistry with Amy P than Adam Scott. I think Adam Scott is great but I just don’t see any chemistry between those two. Yes, they’re “so alike” and the writers have pushed them as the perfect couple down our throats but I really really loved Leslie and Dave. Soooo looking forward to this episode!

Comment by Charlotte – November 28, 2011 05:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This news excites me because Dave x Leslie were so much funnier than Leslie x Ben ever were, albeit not as romantic. Louis CK is a great comedic actor.

Comment by AJL – November 28, 2011 05:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m all for this if it means we get to see Adam Scott act all awkward on screen with Louis C.K. What I will not be happy about is a love triangle to create contrived angst and drama. I did like the Leslie-Dave storyline, but never saw them together long-term. Leslie needs someone who’s her intellectual equal. Ben fits the bill; Dave does not.

Comment by Alysse – November 28, 2011 06:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i only voted none of the above because i honestly think dave and ben are both legitimate possible soul mates and i can’t pick between the two. i know everybody loves ben right now because he’s the most recent (and he’s young and good looking), but dave is such a sweet guy and he might just be the yin to leslie’s yang, whereas leslie and ben can tend to butt heads a little more. then again, butting heads isnt’ necessarily a bad thing, it can help stoke the flames. AARGGHHHH i just can’t choose!!

Comment by cj – November 28, 2011 09:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is so awesome. Now if Paul Schneider can put in an appearance or two as Mark Brendanawicz!!!

Comment by AndyLuvr – November 29, 2011 01:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This has to happen! I still miss Mark. I just want him to come visit Pawnee for a week or two (did he leave Pawnee? I’m assuming yes because I can’t remember). Not to be with Leslie, just to have him back for a bit. I loved his dry sense of humor.

Comment by Nicole – November 29, 2011 06:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • He took a job for a construction company after season two….in Eagleton.

Comment by geoff – November 29, 2011 09:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s one episode. It won’t be a love triangle, it will just be hilarity!

Comment by kt – November 29, 2011 01:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES! Can’t wait to see officer Dave again (though I love Ben & Leslie together). Haven’t missed Mark one bit.

Comment by erin – November 29, 2011 07:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Way to plant, Ann! I cant wait to be secular with you.

Comment by liz – November 29, 2011 10:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I LOVE BEN!!!!!

Comment by Tamara – November 29, 2011 11:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ben all the way! I like Dave and I think he was sweet with Leslie and I honestly think they could of made it work. But intellectually and passionately it is always going to be Ben. And I don’t get how anyone can say Ben and Leslie have no chemistry. Did they not see the last scene together in Smallest Park? That kiss was packed full of chemistry. Amy and Adam play off each very well. All you have to see is an interview with them together, they have great chemistry and I think it plays well off onto the screen as well.

Comment by AJ – November 29, 2011 06:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I vote for Dave. Ben is so wimpy. Almost as bad as Gabe on The Office.

Comment by Meghan – November 30, 2011 07:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post