Southland, The Wire, CSI: Miami and Rizzoli Highlight Day 5 of 'Law-Enforcement Crushes'

And on the fifth day, they increased our pulse rates.

Yes, folks, we’ve reached Day 5 of our Ultimate Female Law-Enforcement Crushes Bracket Tournament, and the competition is getting hot in more ways than one.

Ultimate Crime-Fighting Crush? Ladies of Psych, Eureka, Fringe, NYPD Blue, Blue Bloods Clash!

Today, we’ve got crime-fighting characters from Southland, The Wire, Rizzoli & Isles, CSI: Miami, Body of Proof, NCIS, CSI, and Crossing Jordan entering the TVLine Thunderdome, and it’s up to you to decide the winners!

Every afternoon over the next few weeks, in fact, we’ll launch another set of bouts that will have you dialing 911 with an emergency of lusty proportions. So make sure the right choice is made by heading down to our polls to vote for your favorites (Round 1 voting will be open for 72 hours), and hit the comments to justify your picks.

(Oh, and in case you’re wondering/fretting, we put a cap of two cast members per show, which meant some fan favorites had to warm the bench this time around.)

Ladies of NCIS: LA, Burn Notice, Mentalist and 24 Face Off in Day 4 of ‘Law-Enforcement Crushes’!

UPDATE: If you’re interested in the match-ups we’ve got planned for the coming weeks, CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT THE ENTIRE 64-PLAYER BRACKET (then click again for a zoomed-in view) — and sign up to follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV.

Now ready, set, vote!

Comments (161)

• Can’t choose between Lydia (Southland) and Kima (The Wire), want them both to win !! :(

Comment by Soso – November 27, 2011 02:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Respect the classics: Kima all the way! ;-)

Comment by Adi – November 27, 2011 04:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • My heart votes for the lovely Regina King.

Comment by Anna – November 28, 2011 03:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Maria Bello on Prime Suspect is heads above everyone except maybe Lydia on Southland. Maria Bello on Prime Suspect is in a league of her own. Do we get to vote for her?

Comment by shaunna – November 28, 2011 01:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Some of these polls are hurting my heart. Kima should be sailing by

Comment by Mia – November 27, 2011 02:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah but Regina with the shotgun fighting an entire gang in season 1? She was awesome.

Comment by Plum – November 30, 2011 07:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The picture you posted of Angie Harmon is actually Lindsay Boxer of Women’s Murder Club, (not Jane Rizzoli). And she’d be the winner, by far. ;)

Comment by B – November 27, 2011 02:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The easiest one. Kate, Sara, Kima and Jane.

Comment by Gabrielle – November 27, 2011 02:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeeeeeeaaaaah Emily Procter our Angel and ICON is super hot!!!!! I just love her. What a dynamic Actress, Director and Very Active Humanitarian who helps others all across the nation. Deserves to win. #TeamCalleigh!!!!!!<3

Comment by Erika Young – November 29, 2011 11:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • EMILY FREAKING PROCTER <3

Comment by Moi – November 27, 2011 02:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sorry Calleigh I like you too, but I’m gonna have to go with Jane on this one.

Comment by Lisa – November 27, 2011 05:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, I had to do that too. Had it been early Miami Calleigh maybe but Jane wins it.

Comment by Ashley – November 28, 2011 08:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gotta show love for Kima, Jane, Abby, and Jordan.

Comment by Justin – November 27, 2011 05:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yeahh girlll

Comment by Taylor – November 27, 2011 05:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Calleigh will win this! No matter how many votes she’s behind!

Comment by Beth – November 27, 2011 05:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sara Sidle!

Comment by SNS – November 27, 2011 06:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Emily Procter aka Calleigh Duquense all the way!

Comment by Lex – November 27, 2011 06:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I so agree, Emily Proctor to win all the way.

Comment by wendy – November 29, 2011 02:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • EMILY PROCTER!!! Calleigh Duquense all day every day she is unbeatable!

Comment by Betty – December 1, 2011 12:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i love them both they kick ass an they are allways sovling crimes in miami an in DC an in vagas

Comment by SashaDuqcaine – November 27, 2011 06:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I couldn’t choose between Abby and Sara.

Comment by John – November 27, 2011 06:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I definitely want my girl, EmilyProcter to win. She is so amazing. What a Goddess!!!! #TeamCalleigh all the way…..

Comment by Erika Young – November 27, 2011 06:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I dont care what the votes are right now, Calleigh is the best! :)

Comment by Mayra Cansigno – November 27, 2011 06:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You got that right, I love CSI Miami and Calleigh rocks, the girl know her stuff and with H and Eric on the team you can’t loose, the whole cast is rocking.

Comment by Pamela Stuckey – December 1, 2011 11:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Abby of course. And Jane Rizzoli too.

Comment by Joni – November 27, 2011 07:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • AByy for the win. Not only is Abby totally crushable but Pauley Perrette is absolutely one of the most wonderful stars in the TV heavens; between her charity work, her stance on NOH8 and animal rights Pauley is a person worth ‘crushing’ just because she is such a wonderful person.
    All that talent and niceness wrapped up in a classy package; what’s not to love?
    Go Abby/PauleyP

Comment by JustJeanette – November 27, 2011 07:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Abby is awesome!

Apparently quirky works for me, because my two favorite women on TV from the point of view of “I’d totally aske her out.” are Abby from NCIS and Garcia, from Criminal Minds. Both are utterly adorable. But neither of them are classical eaxamples of TV babehood.

Comment by Ziggy – November 28, 2011 01:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The adorably AWESOME Abby from NCIS and Jane Rizzoli all the way!!!

Comment by Sam – November 27, 2011 07:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh, Abby and Jane all the way!

Comment by Blix – November 27, 2011 07:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • seriously, michael, where’s the fancy bracket?? this shoulda been takin care of before the tourney began!!

Comment by cj – November 27, 2011 07:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gotta add my comment to CJ’s. Where’s the bracket like you had for the Men? Would help to have it to see previous rounds at a glance.

Definitely Abby. She and the woman who play her are the “real deal”. Both with incredibly big hearts.

Comment by Joni – November 27, 2011 08:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • it really hurt voting against Emily Procter but I would have been disowned by my friend if I didn’t vote for Angie Harmon

Comment by Carmichael – November 27, 2011 09:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • you can always vote for both! it doesnt hurt, and every vote counts ;)#teamCalleigh

Comment by Baby – November 28, 2011 12:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, it’s not very fair asking us to choose between Emily and Angie
      Would gave been better having them in seperate votes

Comment by Paul – November 29, 2011 07:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sara Sidle all the way!

Comment by jen – November 27, 2011 09:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am totally with you on this, but NCIS has a very large and very devoted fanbase, so unfortunately for us Sara’s got a slim chance of making it past the first round.

Comment by Hannah – November 27, 2011 09:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Emily Procter as Calleigh Duquesne!! You will win this, i love you! <3

Comment by Andrea from Norway – November 27, 2011 10:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love CSI and Sara, but Abby is my ultimate girlcrush. Love Pauley loads too.

Comment by Clarissa – November 28, 2011 12:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sara sidle :]

Comment by Debi – November 28, 2011 01:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • these brackets are rigged

Comment by AARON – November 28, 2011 01:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Duh… these brackets are designed to force a desired outcome.

Comment by Blix – November 28, 2011 12:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • These polls are totally off! Really, I watch most of these shows, but no matter how much you like the character or the actress, you have to be reasonable… Some of them are much prettier than the other one! How can Calleigh (from CSI Miami) and Sara (from CSI) be losing? They’re prettier than Abby and Rizooli, for sure! It’s a shame they won’t be going to the second round just because these fan groups have to have their actresses in there.

Comment by Jamie – November 28, 2011 02:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Calliegh always came across as snotty to me; which makes her unattractive. As for fan bases supporting their actresses; Anna Torv is completely devoid of either beauty or talent; but she made the cut.

Comment by Anna – November 28, 2011 03:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I feel the same way! I prefer Rizzoli over Calleigh, though – but Sara is prettier than Abby (and I love love love NCIS and Abby). Fans should be fair; I barely watch CSI, but I’ve been trying to vote on the ones that are prettier, doesn’t matter the show they’re in. I like Fringe too, but I didn’t vote on Anna Torv.

Comment by Julia – November 28, 2011 08:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Calleigh is the Best! the end!

Comment by Mayra – November 28, 2011 12:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • FINALLY,SOMEONE ELSE SEES CALLIE
        WITH THE HOITY TOITY ATTITUDE THAT I DO!!!

Comment by LEE – November 28, 2011 07:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I did vote for the two you mentioned specifically, but either way being crush worthy has more to do with looks (which is in the eye of the beholder anyway. I used to love Sara, but never thought she was all that fantastic looking). Abby is loveable and Calleigh’s character has changed so much over the years, not all of it for the better.

Comment by Ashley – November 28, 2011 08:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Are you SERIOUSLY comparing Calleigh to Sara in the beauty category? Are you blind???? Calleigh is a million times prettier, hands down. Jorja Fox may be a lot of things, but beautiful is not one of them.

Comment by Barbie – November 29, 2011 08:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How come they didn’t add Alana De La Garza from LO???????

Comment by kevin – November 28, 2011 06:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sara Sidle all the way.!!!

Comment by cecii – November 28, 2011 07:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can only assume you’re talking about Emily Proctor…right?

Comment by ultimate troll – November 28, 2011 08:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SARA SIDLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3

Comment by TJ – November 28, 2011 09:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I might have picked Emily Procter, if she hadn’t ruined her face with plastic surgery….

Comment by PFitzDC – November 28, 2011 10:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Do you research you eejit! Emily hasn’t had anything done, unlike that other THING that has changed their gender completely!

Emily is pure beauty, and continues to grow more beautiful as she ages.

That competitor on the other hand is just growing more manly! #ENDofRANT

Comment by Chloe – November 28, 2011 12:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She hasn’t had plastic surgery. Her face is fine and she looks fabulous. No need to be judgemental and rude.

Comment by Sophia – November 28, 2011 01:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s Emily PROCTER and she did not have anything done to ruin her face. Do your research, kiddos.

Comment by Beth – November 28, 2011 11:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • To the people hating on Emily/Calleigh, you’re funny. Really. She’s an AMAZING character. Calm your balls and keep voting on this rigged poll.

Comment by Morons – November 28, 2011 12:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Calleigh (Emily Procter) is beautiful!! That Rizzoli looks like a man.

Comment by Sophia – November 28, 2011 12:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That woman from R&I looks like a man! At least Emily is beautiful, inspiring and a REAL HERO! She deserves to win because she is an amazing actress and hasn’t yet received the credit she deserves! Emily Procter for the win! WE. LOVE. YOU. <3 #Inspiration

Comment by Chloe – November 28, 2011 12:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This disgusts me. R&I fans/some others are very rude. I understand that you’re voting for your favorite, but just because you aren’t voting for Calleigh, no need to say negative things about her for the people who love her, to read. If you have nothing nice to say, avoid this bs and don’t say anything at all. This is stupid, and rigged. It isn’t even a website connected to the show runners. Just to the bitchy fans. How lame. BYE.

Comment by Rizzoli and Isles sucks ass – November 28, 2011 01:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ^
      Agreed.

Comment by TeamCalleigh – November 28, 2011 01:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • this so sad how so called fans are arguing and saying negative things about stars who laughing all the way to the bank. i am a Emily procter supporter and very proud of it. She is an inspiration and a positive role model. But most of all, she is simply beautiful and has a Beautiful heart. i love you and will forever be a Fan and Friend. So all you haters step aside. #TeamCalleigh #TeamEmilyProcter all the way.<3

Comment by Erika Young – November 28, 2011 04:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So the comment from a Calleigh supporter saying that Jane/Angie looks like a man isn’t rude?

I like ‘Rizzoli & Isles’ and don’t care for ‘CSI: Miami’ so that’s why I’m voting for Jane Rizzoli.

Comment by NoChance – November 28, 2011 03:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Calleigh all the way, for a million reasons, even though she won’t win. First of all, because Angie Harmon to play Rizolli was a ridiculous choice. Yes, she’s beautiful, but have you people read the BOOKS? She’s nothing like the character! Sasha Alexander, though giving Isles a new, bright light the books didn’t carry, brought something fun the books didn’t have, and it worked. But it was Angie Harmon’s beauty that took what was best about Rizolli — the fact that she was not beautiful. If you read the books, she was often jealous of beautiful women — Dr. Cordell, even Isles, and many other women who showed up. I was appalled when they chose Angie Harmon to play her, because Rizolli is UGLY. So, that’s why. I’d like to see a woman without the looks to play badass Rizolli and make her as awesome as in the books.

I’m not blaming Harmon, of course, she can’t take the blame for being casted. But I’ll blame the casting director. I think that, in the end, that’s what really did it for me, that’s why I couldn’t get the show, even though I LOVED and read and reread (some!) every single Tess Gerritsen book!!!

Comment by Barbie – November 28, 2011 04:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Deeeefinitely rigged. Every time I try to vote for Sara, her number goes down or Abby’s goes up. I mean, come on, look at the eyes on that girl. If that doesn’t melt and break your heart all at the same time, I don’t know what will!

Sara is the winner in my book :)

Comment by NoBrainer – November 28, 2011 06:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • To those who think the voting is fixed: why are you participating if you think it’s rigged? Isn’t that condoning that you think the people who created it are cheaters?

Comment by NoChance – November 28, 2011 06:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • calleigh is not snotty if u sit n watch all of the csi miami u would understand she was brought up by a lawyer father really not for sure what her mom done for a living but she was brought up living in like a protective shield around her but shes not snooty

Comment by dana – November 28, 2011 07:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CALLEIGH ALL THE WAY!!!!! HOPE SHE WINS!! ;)

Comment by Amanda – November 28, 2011 07:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jordan sara regina and, sorry calleigh I gptta go with jane!!!

Comment by Brittany – November 28, 2011 07:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • EMILY PROCTER (Calleigh Dusenque, hope I spelled that right, CSI: Miami) and JORJA FOX (Sara Sidle, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation) got my votes!

Comment by Camila – November 28, 2011 07:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • EMILY PROCTER FTW!

Comment by Andrea xD – November 28, 2011 07:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • EMILY PROCTER FTW

CSI MIAMI IE A TV PROGRAM WITH BEST ACCTIION

Comment by CINTHIA SAL – November 29, 2011 06:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kelly Proctor cant beat her she’s so naturally beautiful. Love her accent & her acting wish her & Eric would get togeher & stay together.
    Go kell !

Comment by Sharon Desmond – November 28, 2011 07:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hey, i just wanted to tell you that her name in real life is EMILY MALLORY PROCTER and in CSI Miami it is CALLEIGH DUQUESNE :)

Comment by Andrea – January 2, 2012 12:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Calleigh you go girl…

Comment by Sonya – November 28, 2011 07:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cali you rock, csi miami is my favorite crime show!!

Comment by Donnell herzberg – November 28, 2011 07:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post