The TVLine-Up: Your Guide to 88 Thanksgiving Marathons and Specials

FRIDAY, NOV. 25
Say Yes to the Dress (TLC, 6 am – 1 pm) | Money well spent. Not. Sorry, ladies.

SpongeBob SquarePants (Nickelodeon, 7 am – 9 pm) | This should keep the little ones occupied all day.

Storage Wars (A&E, 7 am – Saturday, 4:02 am) | That is a lot of neglected knick-knacks.

American Restoration (History, 8 am – 10 pm) | That vase you found in an abandoned Stor-U-Self? These folks will restore it to glory.

The Parkers (BET, 8 am – midnight) | The Moesha spin-off lives on, in syndication.

Project Runway (Style, 8 am – 10 pm) | Go back in time to the Bravo days of the fashion competition series, with a marathon of the Christian Siriano season.

Top Gear (BBC America, 8 am – Saturday, 6 am) | Shotgun!

Auction Hunters (Spike, 9 am – 9 pm ) | Two of the best prospectors in the biz scout for treasure at public auctions of abandoned storage units. (Not to be confused with Storage Wars. And yet it shall be.)

The Glee Project (Oxygen, 10 am – 8 pm) | If you missed it this summer, here’s your chance to check out the new faces still to come during the third season of Glee.

Awkward (MTV, 11 am – 5 pm) | If you haven’t seen the MTV gem and don’t watch this Season 1 marathon, I’m not sure we can be friends anymore.

The Millionaire Matchmaker (Bravo, 11 am – Saturday, 4 am) | Here’s hoping for some happy endings this weekend.

Rocket City Rednecks (National Geographic, 3 pm – Saturday, 3 am) | These NASA rocket scientists keep things interesting by fueling their creations with homemade moonshine.

Paranormal State (The Biography Channel, 6 pm – Saturday, 4 am) | Who needs sleep when you can be scaring yourself all night?

General Hospital (SOAPNet, 7 pm – midnight) | A “Lucky Friday” marathon of five favorite episodes featuring Luke and Laura’s boy.

Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer (The CW, 8 – 9 pm) | The animated special brings to life the popular song, as a young boy sets out to track down his missing maw-maw on Christmas Eve and prove that Santa is real.

The Lord of the Rings Trilogy (Encore, 8 pm – Saturday, 5:30 am) | Celebrate the 10th anniversary of the epic trilogy by watching the extended special editions of all three films, back-to-back-to-back.

Hoops & Yoyo Ruin Christmas (CBS, 8 – 8:30 pm) | How do you ruin Christmas? By disrupting the time-space continuum after sneaking into Santa’s sleigh, apparently.

The Elf on the Shelf: An Elf’s Story (CBS, 8:30 – 9 pm) | A boy learns to believe in Christmas again, thanks to an elf named Chippey.

Olive, the Other Reindeer (The CW, 9 – 10 pm) | Too cute: Olive the dog wants to step in and help deliver presents when Blitzen gets injured.

The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame 25th Anniversary Concert (VH1, 10 pm – midnight) | Rock out to performances by Metallica, U2, Bruce Springsteen and more, all from the comfort of your couch.

PROCEED TO NEXT PAGE (CLICK BELOW) FOR SATURDAY HIGHLIGHTS!

1. Templar says:

So, there’s nothing on then? Huh!

2. katya says:

You missed Arrested Development on IFC Thursday.

3. Evan says:

Take note guys:

Happiness is a Warm Blanket, Charlie Brown is a brand new never before aired Peanuts Special. It was released on DVD/Blu a few months ago. The fact that Fox is airing it against the traditional Charlie Brown Thanksgiving takes guts (Then again, the fact that FOX is airing new Peanuts over ABC who always airs them now is shocking enough).

As for the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade, you should add the addendum: Try to watch a parade on NBC where its more important to run commercials every 5 seconds and barely show the parade, period.

Seriously, one year I’d just love to see them do a commercial free airing of the parade from start to finish! Just start with everything coming in at the end so we don’t miss any of those Broadway musical numbers and celebrity singers doing the worst lip syncing ever.

• GraceRolek says:

I’m glad to see that FOX is running Happiness is a Warm Blanket. I just hope that everyone tuning in to watch a Charlie Brown Thanksgiving on ABC know to change the channel half way through. I can honestly say they won’t be disappointed. And I’m not just saying that because I’m the voice of Lucy. Happy Thanksgiving!!!

4. Daveedtjr says:

What about FX channel. By any chance a SOA S3 MARATHON????

5. kevin says:

Nothing on the list but I’m planning to watch big time Football on Thanksgiving Day when the Green Bay Packers looking to remain undefeated against the Detroit Lions which handed their first loss to the San Francisco 49ers whom I assumed they would eventually lock horns against an Aaron Rodgers squad maybe for the NFC Championship.

6. ant says:

The blonde woman in that picture is gonna give me nightmares

7. Carrie says:

Why is Chiller airing a marathon of “Buffy’s” Season 7 episodes?? There was a terrific Thanksgiving episode in the 4th season.

• Ash says:

I may be in the minority but season 7 was my all time favorite. I don’t know why it is called uneven. My favorite episode of Buffy ever is “Lies My Parents Told Me”. I agree about the season 4 Thanksgiving episode! “You made a bear! UNDO IT! UNDO IT!”

8. S says:

An uneven Buffy Season 7? DISAGREE.

• Jonathan says:

I do agree. season 7 was uneven by far. it started off well, but it turned horrible towards the end of the run.

but it depends on the fan. to some, it was bad, to others is was awesome. to me, season 7 was bad. but season 6 was worse.

• Dalia says:

While season 6 is not my favorite, it was needed to set up season 7, which I loved! I don’t know what people didn’t like about season 7! Big war, fighty fighty, Spike goes out in a blaze of glory, the hellmouth closes for business, Xander loses an eye (sad face), Willow finds her true power, Buffy finds her role, Giles is still British. GREAT season.

• Jonathan says:

Rather than go through the specifics, it basically boils down to spike. i know a ton of people who hated how spike performed the last few seasons. some people loved him, and some people didn’t. again, i can go into specifics, but i won’t. i’ll just leave with saying spike either was loved or loathed. to me, i loathed him. he started off awesome as a big bad in the early seasons, and commical during the chipped years. but when the show moved to upn, he just did a big nose dive in my opinion.

9. Carrie says:

It bums me out whenever you guys cover these marathons because it feels like there’s always a Buffy marathon on Chiller, which we, with Comcast, don’t have. Granted I have all the seasons on DVD and they’re all available on Netflix instant streaming, but it’s still fun to catch random episodes on TV.

10. televisionplus says:

Uneven Season 7 of buffy? It was their best one ever? U on some type of drug ?

11. Jenn says:

What about The Odd Couple on Thanksgiving Day from 11AM-5PM???

12. Steve says:

For a complete list/schedule check out

THANKSGIVING WEEKEND ON TV: 425 TV Series & Movie Marathons, Holiday Specials & Episodes for November 23-27, 2011

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

13. Emily says:

How can SCI devote a day to Firefly and stop four episodes short of showing the entire, too-short series? I was hoping to capture the whole series on my DVR for easy viewing (loaned my DVD set to a friend long ago & haven’t gotten it back).

14. tahina says:

Hmm, nothing appeals to me other than maybe James Bond’s movies. I remember by this time we used to have X-Files marathon for almost 48 hrs! Also House comes to mind, yep, the old classic House marathon..those were happy days, sigh**. Happy Thanksgiving!

15. Danielle says:

I can’t wait for the Awkward marathon!!!

16. Templar says:

Enjoying the dog show on NBC.