Female Law-Enforcement Crushes Tourney Opens With Castle, X-Files, Medium, Warehouse 13 and V

Their stated goal is to uphold the law of the land and put the bad guys behind bars, but every TV fan knows that our favorite small-screen cops, detectives, and agents — as well as their colleagues who semi-officially serve in crime-fighting capacities — have a duty to increase pulses and raise the temperatures of whatever rooms they enter.

We recently wrapped up a 64-player bracket tournament for male law-enforcement types — won by NCIS‘ Tony DiNozzo — and since we’re equal opportunity oglers/romantics, we figured we’d better construct a similar showdown for their female counterparts.

Today, we kick things off with hotties from The X-Files, Warehouse 13, Medium, V, Southland, Castle, and Cagney & Lacey.

Every afternoon over the next few weeks, we’ll launch another set of bouts that will have you dialing 911 with an emergency of lusty proportions. So make sure the right choice is made by heading down to our polls to vote for your favorites (Round 1 voting will be open for 72 hours), and hit the comments to justify your picks.

(Oh, and in case you’re wondering/fretting, we put a cap of two cast members per show for the bracket, which meant some fan favorites had to warm the bench this time around.)

UPDATE: If you’re interested in the match-ups we’ve got planned for the coming weeks, CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT THE ENTIRE 64-PLAYER BRACKET (then click again for a zoomed-in view) — and sign up to follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV.

Now ready, set, vote!

Comments (193)

• Beckett….. ‘Nuff said.

Comment by He-Touches-Things – November 23, 2011 08:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Was Michael Slezak in a coma during the last two seasons of “24″? How could you leave off Annie Wersching (24′s Renee Walker) from this list? Seriously baffled.

Comment by Sean – November 23, 2011 08:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The disparity in the vote between Beckett and Brown is hilarious. Beckett will go very far in this contest.

Comment by He Who Shall Not Be Named – November 23, 2011 08:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow. Div D is crazy. So many good characters in there!

Comment by em – November 23, 2011 08:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Woah in Division D there is going to be Jane vs. Jane. Gotta say that I’ll have to go with Helen Mirren for that one

Comment by Morgan – November 23, 2011 08:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Did anyone else think Gillian Anderson was hotter in the most recent movie than she was in the 90s?

Comment by Matt – November 23, 2011 08:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Frankly Div D is completely unfair.WTF

Comment by JGL – November 23, 2011 09:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • div D is so good that’s bad because it’s bad that it’s so good

wayyyy stacked there
      not cool

Comment by agreed – November 23, 2011 11:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dana Scully, of course. She’s the best character, smart, independent, beautiful and sexy

Comment by Anniegilly – November 23, 2011 09:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not cool TVLine.
    These parings are ridiculously unfair and it’s obvious bias.
    You really think Chickie (an awesome character from a small cable drama) has a fair shake against Beckett (a character from a cult favorite network drama)?
    I voted for Chickie, but I doubt it means anything with the way you structured this…

Comment by AP – November 23, 2011 09:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I know! It sucks they put Chickie against such a strong competitor. I voted for Chickie too, she’s a fantastic character, plus IMHO Southland >> Castle.
      I was hoping Lydia would had a better chance, but if I’m reading this right she’ll go against Kima Greggs. Neither of them is extremely popular I think; they’re both awesome characters from superb shows so it sucks they’ll have to go against each other on round 1.

Comment by MJ – November 23, 2011 11:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You people realize that everyone is up against everyone at some point? Would you be happy if she faced Kate Beckett in round 2 or 3? Same difference! Get over it!

Comment by NM – November 24, 2011 05:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This is a seeded tournament, where the #1 seed (Beckett) faces the #16 seed (Chickie). It is intended that Beckett beat Chickie, as Castle does have a larger fan base than Southland. Chickie didn’t really have a chance.

Comment by He Who Should Not Be Named – November 24, 2011 07:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Stana Katic… FTW.. that woman made me almost question my sexuality.. XD

Comment by Alex – November 23, 2011 10:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Same here. Although, without almost – she did made me question my sexuality. ;)

Comment by Tay – November 24, 2011 12:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How could you be so cruel?! Div D has so many that I adore!

Comment by Audrey – November 23, 2011 10:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Beckett!!

Comment by Audrey – November 23, 2011 10:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m voting for you too, Beckett! Not that I have a crush on you… I love Jenny! This just got awkward…

Comment by Ryan – November 23, 2011 10:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I voted Stana Katic (Love her)! She should just win the whole thing right now! Scully & Elizabeth (I have crush on neither, but Lost is one of my favs and I have seen a few episodes of X-Files)

I’ll try to predict the winners
    Div A: It’ll either be Scully or Brennan (I feel bad for Anna Torv. She is awesome, but doesn’t have a huge fan base like the other two)
    Div B: KATE BECKETT! Nobody can give her a competition! She is the best a guy can want!
    Div C: I don’t know about it since I only watch ‘The Mentalist’
    Div D: Tie between Walker and Bristow.

Comment by GK – November 23, 2011 10:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I concur.. Btw Ziva David will probably win Div C.. Stana Katic should win this entire competition..!!

Comment by Dean – November 23, 2011 11:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Why! Oh why did Anna have to be put in a group with Scully & Brennan T_T

Comment by Erica – November 24, 2011 05:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Beckett & Scully FTW!!!!!!!!

Comment by Agreed – November 24, 2011 10:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ziva David (Cote de Pablo) is so gonna win this <3

Comment by Rosanne – November 23, 2011 10:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • TOTALLY AGREED … SHE IS PERFECT … THI IS MY OPINION..I SAID THIS BECAUSE HATERS WILL BEGIN TO SPEAK AWDFUL THINGS ABOUT ZIVA

Comment by estefania – November 24, 2011 04:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • For who am I gonna go?
    Ofcourse I will vote 1000000times on Stana a.k.a Beckett!!!! Castle all the way!
    And for Andy McNally, JJ Jeraeu, Lisbon, Grace Van Pelt, Prentiss & Bones.
    That’s the bad side from watching al the crime-shows. =’(
    But I am going for Stana Katic & Missy Peregrim.

Comment by Laura. – November 23, 2011 11:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ooohh, Beckett/Stana is going to win this. It’s not even a real competition hahaha. Awesome!

Comment by Lori – November 23, 2011 11:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Go Beckett!!!

Comment by mary – November 24, 2011 12:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Seriously? No “Cold Case”? Does everybody forget about that show? I think Kathryn Morris used to be one of the most charismatic faces on a crime thingy!!!

Comment by kateshomesick – November 24, 2011 02:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SCULLAAAAAAYYYY and Kate BAMF Beckett. My two girlcrushes, wonderful characters portrayed by two awesome actresses.

Comment by Jolie – November 24, 2011 02:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This isn’t fair poll. Majority who read this site are teenagers or early 20′s. They don’t know the kick ass shows in the 90′s so of course, that chick from Castle will win. So not fair Ausiello!

Comment by Andi – November 24, 2011 02:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The majority of people who watch Castle are not teenagers or early 20′s. And if ‘that chick from Castle’ goes far on this competition it’s because she deserves it. I think it’s too early to start bashing.
      With that said, go Scully (can’t get more 90′s than that), go Beckett!

Comment by Jolie – November 24, 2011 02:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I said majority who read this site. Not everyone had opportunity to visit website like this and vote. Based on the comments section you can see that teenagers and early 20′s are more common to visit this site. Take a look at the male version of this poll clearly the NCIS guy win because it’s a latest and one of the most watched show.

Comment by Andi – November 24, 2011 03:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • yup, it’s not fair. because people recognized the latest show than the old one.

Comment by Eve – November 24, 2011 03:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • So true, I’m almost 20 and I don’t recognize some of the contenders. This will be a battle between the old generation and the new generation. But too bad we will win! So I think it’s not fair at all.

Comment by Alysa – November 24, 2011 04:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • To be fair, you can watch the old shows from cable and internet, but I understand your sentiment some people can’t afford cable right now because of tough economy and teenagers right now would rather download the episode from CW shows rather watched an old school shows.

Comment by biteme – November 24, 2011 04:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post

Comment by biteme – November 24, 2011 04:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am a 21 year old guy who loves Stana Katic and haven’t seen any X-Files episodes. I also don’t know who most of the older ladies are. But the thing is, old or new, Kate BAMF Beckett would kick everybody’s ass in this thing just because she is the best and not because most voters are teens or in their 20′s!!

Comment by GK – November 24, 2011 05:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not really. I’m in mid 20′es, and have watched almost every of this shows. Still voted for Beckett.

Comment by Tay – November 24, 2011 01:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Exactly. This was what I meant. I know most of these characters and still vote for Beckett (and other awesome characters). All these shows have somewhat mature audiences, so I don’t think teenage hormone charged votes are an issue. Just the size of the fandom and sexiness of the character. And every character deserves respect as well as the fandoms supporting them. I just don’t want to see the bashing that happened in the male rounds.

Comment by Jolie – November 24, 2011 01:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Scully, Benson, Rita Lee Lance, and Brennan are my favorite female enforcers… What a horrible thing to have to pick between several of them! Definitely hoping for Scully all the way though! Smart is sexy

Comment by Jen – November 24, 2011 03:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh well… Erica Evans!

Comment by Elizabeth Mitchell Fan Club – November 24, 2011 03:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Stana/Beckett FTW Suckers!

Comment by Laura – November 24, 2011 04:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kate Beckett FTW! But as I see it, she may possibly be paired up with Ziva in the final round and that would pretty much be the hardest decision in of life. :O

Comment by Nina – November 24, 2011 04:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Let’s skip the rest of the formalities and go ahead and give this to Kate Beckett.

Comment by sjpatrick – November 24, 2011 05:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • AWWW CRAP! Mary Shannon is awesome but she’s going up against one of the few I would vote over her in the very first round!

My bracket picks are -
    div A – Dana Scully
    div B – Diane Russel- weakest bracket though
    div C – Ziva David
    div D – Sarah Walker

C & D are over stuffed I think

Comment by ultimate troll – November 24, 2011 06:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I hate bracket D for making me choose between Sydney, Sarah, Mary, Nikita, Nikita and frickin Deb.

Why you hate me bracket D?!?

Comment by ultimate troll – November 24, 2011 06:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dana Katherine Scully,hot hot hot!

Comment by evelyn – November 24, 2011 08:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No Good Wife?

Comment by Mimi – November 24, 2011 09:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Medium DAMN IT!!!

Comment by nate – November 24, 2011 09:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Where the hell is Jaime Murray for playing HG Wells in WH13??!!! Some of these first pairings are SO not fair but…. decisions had to be made… SCULLLLYYYYYY!!!!!

Comment by Dre – November 24, 2011 10:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ZIVA DAVID IS DISGUSTING

Comment by scubafaan – November 24, 2011 10:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ZIVA DAVID IS DISGUSTING in every way

Comment by scubafaan – November 24, 2011 10:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ZIVA DAVID IS DISGUSTING – worst female character on Television

Comment by scubafaan – November 24, 2011 10:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Zina is very very hot!

Comment by James – November 24, 2011 10:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nobody is talking about their characters. Only the ‘crushability’ quotient. I think Zina is sexy.

Comment by Daniel – November 24, 2011 01:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Detective Kate Beckett – cracking actress and gorgeous with it. Stana Katic wins hands down – no contest in my mind, Stana should be Numero Uno.

Comment by MS – November 24, 2011 10:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ZIVA DAVID is far too DISGUSTING TO WIN A PLACE IN THIS COMPETITION

ABBY HAS GOT THIS

Comment by scubafaan – November 24, 2011 10:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You suck. Don’t diss my gal pal!

Comment by abby sciuto – November 24, 2011 03:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Scully FTW.

Comment by Cecilie – November 24, 2011 10:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Shouldn’t Kathryn Morris from Cold Case be in there as well?

Comment by EvaneSam – November 24, 2011 10:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cagney vs. Lacey in round ONE! >_< What a cruel world.

Comment by Brendan – November 24, 2011 11:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can we have one of those cool tournament bracket things like we had for the guys side? With the pictures that show who is up against who and who the winners will move on to play, etc. I mean no hurry, I know it’s Thanksgiving and all, but I found that very helpful in the last tournament. :)

Comment by Billie – November 24, 2011 12:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m sorry, but what is even the point of this whole stupid “tournament”? Not even going into the fact that the 64 “most CRUSHABLE females” were selected by a gay dude.
    Based on the responses in this thread sofar, the majority of ppl voting are female and are voting based on whatever show or character they are a fan off. Wether a character is crushable seems to be the least of people’s concerns. So why even bother naming it such? Why not just name it “favorite female law enforcement characters”? Cause that’s what this really is.
    FYI, if this vote truly came down to an audience of mostly heterosexual men it would be the likes of Amanda Righetti, Yvonne Strahovski, Heather Locklear, Sarah Shahi and Stana Katic in the finals.

Comment by Eli – November 24, 2011 12:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Go Beckett, you got this.

Comment by Juan – November 24, 2011 01:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • (kate beckett)-stana katic rece w góre

Comment by jolanta miłkowska – November 24, 2011 01:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Allison Dubois for the win !!!!

Comment by Soso – November 24, 2011 01:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They forgot to put in.
    Jennifer ‘JJ’ Jareau (A.J. Cook) – Criminal Minds
    Emily Prentiss (Paget Brewester) – Criminal Minds
    Penelope Garcia (Kirsten Vagnsness) – Criminal Minds

Comment by Alicia L. – November 24, 2011 02:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • There’s a couple things wrong with your post Alicia…

Comment by squanderer – November 24, 2011 03:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 1. beckett
    2. kate
    3. stana
    4. katic

Comment by moa – November 24, 2011 04:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh man for div D I got to pick between Sarah Walker, Alex and Nikita ugg this stinks.

Comment by Joe – November 24, 2011 04:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • where is hetty???

Comment by zura – November 24, 2011 05:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hmmm… so my preliminary guesses are:

Bones
    Becket
    Ziva
    Sydney

Comment by Emilie – November 24, 2011 06:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just to the comments about younger people not knowing the older characters..I’m just 21 and i do no who they all are , so that’s not totally true.
    Anyway tough call for some but Dana Scully and Sarah walker are my top two Yvonne Strahovski cos have you seen her..?I’d go gay for her :-D Not to mention how much depth she has added to her character she adds so much to the show and looks like she can actually kick arse..and Scully is Scully nuff said.
    Where is Lilly Rush? The main lead for a 7 yr running detective show?

Comment by Rach – November 24, 2011 06:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post