Female Law-Enforcement Crushes Tourney Opens With Castle, X-Files, Medium, Warehouse 13 and V

Their stated goal is to uphold the law of the land and put the bad guys behind bars, but every TV fan knows that our favorite small-screen cops, detectives, and agents — as well as their colleagues who semi-officially serve in crime-fighting capacities — have a duty to increase pulses and raise the temperatures of whatever rooms they enter.

We recently wrapped up a 64-player bracket tournament for male law-enforcement types — won by NCIS‘ Tony DiNozzo — and since we’re equal opportunity oglers/romantics, we figured we’d better construct a similar showdown for their female counterparts.

Today, we kick things off with hotties from The X-Files, Warehouse 13, Medium, V, Southland, Castle, and Cagney & Lacey.

Every afternoon over the next few weeks, we’ll launch another set of bouts that will have you dialing 911 with an emergency of lusty proportions. So make sure the right choice is made by heading down to our polls to vote for your favorites (Round 1 voting will be open for 72 hours), and hit the comments to justify your picks.

(Oh, and in case you’re wondering/fretting, we put a cap of two cast members per show for the bracket, which meant some fan favorites had to warm the bench this time around.)

UPDATE: If you’re interested in the match-ups we’ve got planned for the coming weeks, CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT THE ENTIRE 64-PLAYER BRACKET (then click again for a zoomed-in view) — and sign up to follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV.

Now ready, set, vote!

1. He-Touches-Things says:

Beckett….. ‘Nuff said.

2. Sean says:

Was Michael Slezak in a coma during the last two seasons of “24”? How could you leave off Annie Wersching (24’s Renee Walker) from this list? Seriously baffled.

3. He Who Shall Not Be Named says:

The disparity in the vote between Beckett and Brown is hilarious. Beckett will go very far in this contest.

4. em says:

Wow. Div D is crazy. So many good characters in there!

5. Morgan says:

Woah in Division D there is going to be Jane vs. Jane. Gotta say that I’ll have to go with Helen Mirren for that one

6. Matt says:

Did anyone else think Gillian Anderson was hotter in the most recent movie than she was in the 90s?

7. JGL says:

Frankly Div D is completely unfair.WTF

8. Anniegilly says:

Dana Scully, of course. She’s the best character, smart, independent, beautiful and sexy

9. AP says:

Not cool TVLine.
    These parings are ridiculously unfair and it’s obvious bias.
    You really think Chickie (an awesome character from a small cable drama) has a fair shake against Beckett (a character from a cult favorite network drama)?
    I voted for Chickie, but I doubt it means anything with the way you structured this…

• MJ says:

I know! It sucks they put Chickie against such a strong competitor. I voted for Chickie too, she’s a fantastic character, plus IMHO Southland >> Castle.
      I was hoping Lydia would had a better chance, but if I’m reading this right she’ll go against Kima Greggs. Neither of them is extremely popular I think; they’re both awesome characters from superb shows so it sucks they’ll have to go against each other on round 1.

• NM says:

You people realize that everyone is up against everyone at some point? Would you be happy if she faced Kate Beckett in round 2 or 3? Same difference! Get over it!

• He Who Should Not Be Named says:

This is a seeded tournament, where the #1 seed (Beckett) faces the #16 seed (Chickie). It is intended that Beckett beat Chickie, as Castle does have a larger fan base than Southland. Chickie didn’t really have a chance.

10. Alex says:

Stana Katic… FTW.. that woman made me almost question my sexuality.. XD

11. Audrey says:

How could you be so cruel?! Div D has so many that I adore!

12. Audrey says:

Beckett!!

13. Ryan says:

I’m voting for you too, Beckett! Not that I have a crush on you… I love Jenny! This just got awkward…

14. GK says:

I voted Stana Katic (Love her)! She should just win the whole thing right now! Scully & Elizabeth (I have crush on neither, but Lost is one of my favs and I have seen a few episodes of X-Files)

I’ll try to predict the winners
    Div A: It’ll either be Scully or Brennan (I feel bad for Anna Torv. She is awesome, but doesn’t have a huge fan base like the other two)
    Div B: KATE BECKETT! Nobody can give her a competition! She is the best a guy can want!
    Div C: I don’t know about it since I only watch ‘The Mentalist’
    Div D: Tie between Walker and Bristow.

15. Rosanne says:

Ziva David (Cote de Pablo) is so gonna win this <3

• estefania says:

TOTALLY AGREED … SHE IS PERFECT … THI IS MY OPINION..I SAID THIS BECAUSE HATERS WILL BEGIN TO SPEAK AWDFUL THINGS ABOUT ZIVA

16. Laura. says:

For who am I gonna go?
    Ofcourse I will vote 1000000times on Stana a.k.a Beckett!!!! Castle all the way!
    And for Andy McNally, JJ Jeraeu, Lisbon, Grace Van Pelt, Prentiss & Bones.
    That’s the bad side from watching al the crime-shows. ='(
    But I am going for Stana Katic & Missy Peregrim.

17. Lori says:

Ooohh, Beckett/Stana is going to win this. It’s not even a real competition hahaha. Awesome!

18. mary says:

Go Beckett!!!

19. kateshomesick says:

Seriously? No “Cold Case”? Does everybody forget about that show? I think Kathryn Morris used to be one of the most charismatic faces on a crime thingy!!!

20. Jolie says:

SCULLAAAAAAYYYY and Kate BAMF Beckett. My two girlcrushes, wonderful characters portrayed by two awesome actresses.

21. Andi says:

This isn’t fair poll. Majority who read this site are teenagers or early 20’s. They don’t know the kick ass shows in the 90’s so of course, that chick from Castle will win. So not fair Ausiello!

• Jolie says:

The majority of people who watch Castle are not teenagers or early 20’s. And if ‘that chick from Castle’ goes far on this competition it’s because she deserves it. I think it’s too early to start bashing.
      With that said, go Scully (can’t get more 90’s than that), go Beckett!

• Andi says:

I said majority who read this site. Not everyone had opportunity to visit website like this and vote. Based on the comments section you can see that teenagers and early 20’s are more common to visit this site. Take a look at the male version of this poll clearly the NCIS guy win because it’s a latest and one of the most watched show.

• Eve says:

yup, it’s not fair. because people recognized the latest show than the old one.

• Alysa says:

So true, I’m almost 20 and I don’t recognize some of the contenders. This will be a battle between the old generation and the new generation. But too bad we will win! So I think it’s not fair at all.

• biteme says:

To be fair, you can watch the old shows from cable and internet, but I understand your sentiment some people can’t afford cable right now because of tough economy and teenagers right now would rather download the episode from CW shows rather watched an old school shows.

• biteme says:

• GK says:

I am a 21 year old guy who loves Stana Katic and haven’t seen any X-Files episodes. I also don’t know who most of the older ladies are. But the thing is, old or new, Kate BAMF Beckett would kick everybody’s ass in this thing just because she is the best and not because most voters are teens or in their 20’s!!

• Tay says:

Not really. I’m in mid 20’es, and have watched almost every of this shows. Still voted for Beckett.

• Jolie says:

Exactly. This was what I meant. I know most of these characters and still vote for Beckett (and other awesome characters). All these shows have somewhat mature audiences, so I don’t think teenage hormone charged votes are an issue. Just the size of the fandom and sexiness of the character. And every character deserves respect as well as the fandoms supporting them. I just don’t want to see the bashing that happened in the male rounds.

22. Jen says:

Scully, Benson, Rita Lee Lance, and Brennan are my favorite female enforcers… What a horrible thing to have to pick between several of them! Definitely hoping for Scully all the way though! Smart is sexy

23. Laura says:

Stana/Beckett FTW Suckers!

24. Nina says:

Kate Beckett FTW! But as I see it, she may possibly be paired up with Ziva in the final round and that would pretty much be the hardest decision in of life. :O

25. sjpatrick says:

Let’s skip the rest of the formalities and go ahead and give this to Kate Beckett.

26. ultimate troll says:

AWWW CRAP! Mary Shannon is awesome but she’s going up against one of the few I would vote over her in the very first round!

My bracket picks are –
    div A – Dana Scully
    div B – Diane Russel- weakest bracket though
    div C – Ziva David
    div D – Sarah Walker

C & D are over stuffed I think

• ultimate troll says:

I hate bracket D for making me choose between Sydney, Sarah, Mary, Nikita, Nikita and frickin Deb.

Why you hate me bracket D?!?

27. evelyn says:

Dana Katherine Scully,hot hot hot!

28. Mimi says:

No Good Wife?

29. nate says:

Medium DAMN IT!!!

30. Dre says:

Where the hell is Jaime Murray for playing HG Wells in WH13??!!! Some of these first pairings are SO not fair but…. decisions had to be made… SCULLLLYYYYYY!!!!!

31. scubafaan says:

ZIVA DAVID IS DISGUSTING

32. scubafaan says:

ZIVA DAVID IS DISGUSTING in every way

33. scubafaan says:

ZIVA DAVID IS DISGUSTING – worst female character on Television

34. MS says:

Detective Kate Beckett – cracking actress and gorgeous with it. Stana Katic wins hands down – no contest in my mind, Stana should be Numero Uno.

35. scubafaan says:

ZIVA DAVID is far too DISGUSTING TO WIN A PLACE IN THIS COMPETITION

ABBY HAS GOT THIS

36. Cecilie says:

Scully FTW.

37. EvaneSam says:

Shouldn’t Kathryn Morris from Cold Case be in there as well?

38. Brendan says:

Cagney vs. Lacey in round ONE! >_< What a cruel world.

39. Billie says:

Can we have one of those cool tournament bracket things like we had for the guys side? With the pictures that show who is up against who and who the winners will move on to play, etc. I mean no hurry, I know it’s Thanksgiving and all, but I found that very helpful in the last tournament. :)

40. Eli says:

I’m sorry, but what is even the point of this whole stupid “tournament”? Not even going into the fact that the 64 “most CRUSHABLE females” were selected by a gay dude.
    Based on the responses in this thread sofar, the majority of ppl voting are female and are voting based on whatever show or character they are a fan off. Wether a character is crushable seems to be the least of people’s concerns. So why even bother naming it such? Why not just name it “favorite female law enforcement characters”? Cause that’s what this really is.
    FYI, if this vote truly came down to an audience of mostly heterosexual men it would be the likes of Amanda Righetti, Yvonne Strahovski, Heather Locklear, Sarah Shahi and Stana Katic in the finals.

41. Juan says:

Go Beckett, you got this.

42. jolanta miłkowska says:

(kate beckett)-stana katic rece w góre

43. Soso says:

Allison Dubois for the win !!!!

44. Alicia L. says:

They forgot to put in.
    Jennifer ‘JJ’ Jareau (A.J. Cook) – Criminal Minds
    Emily Prentiss (Paget Brewester) – Criminal Minds
    Penelope Garcia (Kirsten Vagnsness) – Criminal Minds

45. moa says:

1. beckett
    2. kate
    3. stana
    4. katic

46. Joe says:

Oh man for div D I got to pick between Sarah Walker, Alex and Nikita ugg this stinks.

47. zura says:

where is hetty???

48. Emilie says:

Hmmm… so my preliminary guesses are:

Bones
    Becket
    Ziva
    Sydney

49. Rach says:

Just to the comments about younger people not knowing the older characters..I’m just 21 and i do no who they all are , so that’s not totally true.
    Anyway tough call for some but Dana Scully and Sarah walker are my top two Yvonne Strahovski cos have you seen her..?I’d go gay for her :-D Not to mention how much depth she has added to her character she adds so much to the show and looks like she can actually kick arse..and Scully is Scully nuff said.
    Where is Lilly Rush? The main lead for a 7 yr running detective show?