Female Law-Enforcement Crushes Tourney Opens With Castle, X-Files, Medium, Warehouse 13 and V

Their stated goal is to uphold the law of the land and put the bad guys behind bars, but every TV fan knows that our favorite small-screen cops, detectives, and agents — as well as their colleagues who semi-officially serve in crime-fighting capacities — have a duty to increase pulses and raise the temperatures of whatever rooms they enter.

We recently wrapped up a 64-player bracket tournament for male law-enforcement types — won by NCIS‘ Tony DiNozzo — and since we’re equal opportunity oglers/romantics, we figured we’d better construct a similar showdown for their female counterparts.

Today, we kick things off with hotties from The X-Files, Warehouse 13, Medium, V, Southland, Castle, and Cagney & Lacey.

Every afternoon over the next few weeks, we’ll launch another set of bouts that will have you dialing 911 with an emergency of lusty proportions. So make sure the right choice is made by heading down to our polls to vote for your favorites (Round 1 voting will be open for 72 hours), and hit the comments to justify your picks.

(Oh, and in case you’re wondering/fretting, we put a cap of two cast members per show for the bracket, which meant some fan favorites had to warm the bench this time around.)

UPDATE: If you’re interested in the match-ups we’ve got planned for the coming weeks, CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT THE ENTIRE 64-PLAYER BRACKET (then click again for a zoomed-in view) — and sign up to follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV.

Now ready, set, vote!

Comments (193)

• What in Satan’s boiler room… I can’t believe you put Prentiss and JJ in THE SAME DIVISION. The NCIS and CSI ladies aren’t! Also, how is it fair/consistent to mix current and classic crime fighters in the women’s tournament when the men were already separate??
    Side-eyeing this whole thing…

Comment by Saint Alicia – November 23, 2011 03:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Putting both Nikitas AND Sydney Bristow in the same division is even more cruel. All the badassery will kill each other off too soon!

Comment by Sally – November 23, 2011 03:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • And just noticed The Mentalist ladies are both in the same division too. Plus, Lana Kane IS A CARTOON. I can’t even…

Comment by Saint Alicia – November 23, 2011 03:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Division D is seriously STACKED. this is going to be difficult. that being said, it will be nothing less than a tragedy if Syndey Bristow doesn’t win this tourney.

Comment by cj – November 23, 2011 08:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • yeah division D is too stacked, shoulda put a number of them into B

anyway Alex (Nikita) FTW!

Comment by wow – November 23, 2011 11:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • and not just both Nikitas but also mini Nikita so THREE Nikitas in one division? come on! and then you mix in a number of others too.

Comment by wow – November 23, 2011 11:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • But for the men same shows were in the same division. All the CSIs, NCIS and Criminal Minds were together from the beginning

Comment by AnnClau – November 23, 2011 04:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Except they’re NOT together here.
        NCIS’ Abby and Ziva are in separate divisions. CSI’s Sidle and Willows are separate. Miami’s Calleigh and Natalia are separate. NY’s Lindsay is the show’s lone rep. Yet, the Criminal Minds ladies, Prentiss and JJ, manage to end up in the same division. *smh*

Comment by Saint Alicia – November 23, 2011 04:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • All of the spies are in the D bracket – interesting. Kind of a shame – I think they may have dominated otherwise.

Comment by wordsmith – November 23, 2011 03:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I know right?

Ahhh its going to be so hard

Comment by Sasha – November 23, 2011 03:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Where is the bracket in pictures?

Comment by Nan – November 23, 2011 03:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Surely you don’t expect Slezak to have pictures of women, do you?

Comment by Eli – November 24, 2011 12:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I don’t care what he doesn’t have – Law enforcement male crashes tournament had picture bracket so why women don’t?

Comment by Nan – November 24, 2011 07:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That is one rockin’ picture of Scully, gotta say.

Comment by (!) – November 23, 2011 03:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just find Elizabeth Mitchell intensely annoying and not that crushable, but clearly I’m in the minority.

Also, Myka from Warehouse 13 losing? :(

Comment by Ben – November 23, 2011 03:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Duh to SCULLY! The only action figure I’ve ever owned. Go Scuuullleeee!

Comment by JennA – November 23, 2011 04:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She’s only winning because of Lost. Has nothing to do with V.

Comment by Silas – November 23, 2011 04:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Aw, no ADAs? Guess it was a bit of a stretch…

Comment by J – November 23, 2011 03:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Where’s Michaela Conlin from Bones, and Lanie Parish from Castle? :) Love them both as amazing supporting cast.

Comment by CastleBuffySVU – November 23, 2011 03:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Stana Katic FTW

Comment by cc – November 23, 2011 03:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s the best choice up there ;)

Comment by Rick Castle – November 26, 2011 05:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sydney Bristow or Nikita vs. Olivia Dunham for finals!!! :D

Comment by Sally – November 23, 2011 03:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really like Joanne Kelly’s Myka, but putting her up against Scully, I mean… Come on. Even I voted for Scully. It’s Scully!

On a sidenote, if I had my druthers, Stana AKA Kate Beckett would win this whole competition.

Comment by DL – November 23, 2011 03:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Also, please use a better picture of Stana! :)

Comment by DL – November 23, 2011 03:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m completely convinced that Fillion would have won for the men if they had used a better photo of him.

Comment by castleholic – November 24, 2011 07:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ziva takes it all. NCIS dominates. Period.

Comment by lacey – November 23, 2011 03:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Abby is waaaay more popular than Ziva.

Comment by mcat – November 23, 2011 08:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree – but you can bet that all of the Tiva shippers will will vote there fingers to the nub to get both ofthem on top. To them it will be more proof that Tony and Ziva belong together.

(Ducks Tiva sh!tstorm coming her way)

Comment by znachki – November 24, 2011 08:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree with this, for the most part… NCIS all the way!
      But, I gotta go with Abby over Ziva.

Comment by PeterPan – November 23, 2011 11:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Plus we all know that Abby and McGee are really the two that are meant to be together… :-)

Comment by sladewilson – November 24, 2011 06:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Calling the Final 4 right now:

that girl from Castle
    the goth girl from NCIS
    the girl from Chuck
    a girl from Criminal Minds

Comment by JTV – November 23, 2011 03:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m pretty sure Scully will be in there, along with Abby (dat “goth girl”)

Comment by (!) – November 23, 2011 04:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • *hmm*

Decent spread… wouldn’t be at all surprised if you’re right.

But, if it comes down to Abby (goth girl from NCIS) and Prentiss (Criminal Minds) that will be a tough choice….

Comment by Blix – November 23, 2011 06:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That is quite possible. Calling the winner right now – (Kate Beckett) STANA KATIC <3

Comment by Girish – November 23, 2011 10:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • 100 % right ;)

Comment by Kenny – November 24, 2011 09:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Don’t let Abbey hear you refer to ‘that Goth girl’…. in her words, she is a Scientist!
      Gotta love Abbey!!

Comment by cassricho – November 24, 2011 12:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Also, REALLY? TVLine, you put in Sideways Sawyer for the men and no Ana Lucia? That girl from Unfortgettable, but not Ana Lucia? SlezakFail

Comment by JTV – November 23, 2011 03:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • good point!

Comment by unicornwasp – November 23, 2011 10:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Are you kidding put Tyne Daly (Lacey) and Sharon Gless (Cagney) against each other in the first round. How terrifically unfair!!
    Gillian Anderson (Scully) will have my vote as long as she stays in the competition, which I surely hope is longer than David Duchovny (Fox)did!

Comment by opus – November 23, 2011 03:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Seriously. I can’t believe they are against each other in the first round. So unfair! That being said – I love Myka – but Scully all the way! Can’t wait to see how Jane Rizolli does! (The ADA’s are repped by Angie Harmon and Jill Hennessey (sp?))

Comment by Meg Meyer – November 23, 2011 08:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • In all truth Scully should destroy everyone, she was the fierce HBIC predecessor.

Comment by Anita – November 23, 2011 04:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Also why Alt Astrid and not just regular Astrid? Lol

Comment by Anita – November 23, 2011 04:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think it might boil down to job description.

Comment by John – November 24, 2011 11:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BECKETT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And that’s all I’ve got to say about that. :)

Comment by Cy – November 23, 2011 04:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was hoping to see Carla Gugino (Karen Sisco) in this contest. I would have ridden her (pardon my phraseology) all the way to the finals.

Comment by Steve T – November 23, 2011 04:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hahahaha!
    Catherine Willows is in this?
    SERIOUSLY?
    Nil Points!
    Lol

Comment by TFD – November 23, 2011 04:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ROFL!! Beckett is pwning!!

Comment by Steph – November 23, 2011 04:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BECKETT FTW

Comment by Castle – November 23, 2011 04:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Gee, thanks for the support Castle. But what does FTW mean again?

Comment by Kate – November 23, 2011 04:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Really, Beckett? Really?

Comment by Esposito – November 23, 2011 05:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Just show ‘em your boobs, kid.

Comment by Royce's ghost – November 23, 2011 07:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • One of my best detectives doesn’t know what FTW means? How *did* you get this far? Thank goodness for your looks, Detective Beckett.

Comment by Captain Gates – November 23, 2011 07:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • For your information FTW is For The Win! Kate Beckett all the way!

Comment by Theresa – November 23, 2011 09:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Katie, I’m proud of you! But maybe you should chill a bit more… Even I know what FTW means!

Comment by Jim Beckett – November 23, 2011 09:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • My fingers will always vote for that lady cop with bedroom voice!

Comment by Trapper John (in pieces) – November 23, 2011 09:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Come on Kate, you know what it means. For The Win! And my vote will always go to you babe, you sexy minx.

Comment by Rick – November 23, 2011 10:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I was just pulling your leg, Castle (you hot tiger). Of course I know what FTW means.

Comment by Kate – November 24, 2011 03:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Oh, you two are so cute ! And who else to vote for but Beckett ?

Comment by Lanie Parish – November 26, 2011 05:20 PM PDT
          • Oh, you two are so cute!! And who else would I vote for other than my girl..

Comment by Lanie Parish – November 26, 2011 05:22 PM PDT
          • OMG, there’s two Lanie’s? Espooo … ohh and, Beckett all the way !

Comment by Ryan – November 27, 2011 01:40 PM PDT
  • Dana Scully (The X-Files) and Kate Beckett (Castle).

I don’t know any of the other Ladies.

Comment by CharlieBlue – November 23, 2011 04:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sharon gets my vote because of QAF.

Comment by dee – November 23, 2011 04:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ok.. Only 1. For this round I pick is Stana since I don’t know the others, but got more people to vote for in later rounds.

Comment by Chuckfanatic – November 23, 2011 05:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Aww no Audrey Parker? She’s adorable! :(

Comment by Claire – November 23, 2011 05:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Audrey is there, I made sure – Division A, 13th seed :)

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – November 23, 2011 05:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Woops! Missed that… :) Thanks!

Comment by Claire – November 25, 2011 01:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Don’t waste your time…just hand the title over to Sydney Bristow now.

Comment by Nick – November 23, 2011 05:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • YES THIS ^^^ Totally agree :)

Comment by ZmaX – November 23, 2011 08:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Scully for the Win!!!

Comment by Kim – November 23, 2011 05:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No Juliet O’Hara (Maggie Lawson). From Psych?!?!

Comment by Kevin – November 23, 2011 05:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No love for Renee Walker of 24? Weak.

Comment by Jack Bauer – November 23, 2011 05:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Renee was relatively recent too. She deserved a spot.

Comment by Sourabh – November 24, 2011 03:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Division B- one of the first battles is going to be Mariska Hargitay vs. Kyra Sedgwick! Not. Fair.

Comment by Morgan – November 23, 2011 05:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • no brainer, Sedgwick

Comment by Carmichael – November 23, 2011 06:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WTF? No Claire Danes?

Comment by Z – November 23, 2011 05:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i was thinking the same thing–claire danes is hot right now—one big hot mess!!

Comment by Tim – November 24, 2011 02:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dani Reese! aww. I miss that show so much.

Comment by Ten – November 23, 2011 05:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I swear by all I consider good and decent if Olivia Benson wins this I’m crying foul.

Comment by Carmichael – November 23, 2011 06:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • kate beckett for the wiiiin

Comment by c – November 23, 2011 06:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yup, already picked my winner too.

Comment by Sourabh – November 24, 2011 03:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What the heck is the logic behind these brackets? There’s no division between current & past stars like there was for the male crushes. *confused*

On the bright side, Missy Peregrym made the tourney. Yay!

Comment by Kathryn – November 23, 2011 06:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “No love for Renee Walker of 24? Weak.”

^^^This.

Comment by .NET – November 23, 2011 06:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Dangit,where’s my Renee Walker?!She was awesome!!

Comment by shaun – November 23, 2011 10:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m really happy that Lindsay from CSI: NY is in this, even though she probably won’t get a lot a votes, I hope she will :)

Comment by lolo – November 23, 2011 06:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m probably the only person who watches Haven. But I love Audrey Parker! (Emily Rose). You guys gotta watch this show!

Comment by Tamara – November 23, 2011 06:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Scully FTW!

Come on…. it’s SCULLY!

Comment by Blix – November 23, 2011 06:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so glad to see Kima from The Wire included, though she and many of my other favorites are gorgeous but have such a hard edge or troubled past that may affect true ‘crush ability’ (iPad auto correct), though that didn’t come into play much with the male bracket. I’m interested to see how Detective Benson, SVU (Mariska Hargitay) does.

I also hope that the comments stay in the ‘good-natured ribbing’ area between fans, rather than some of the stuff I saw in some of the male match ups. I had no interest in adding a comment in later brackets because it would’ve gotten lost in ad-hominem Hell.

Comment by Winnie – November 23, 2011 06:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was really looking forward to the picture bracket! Can you put it up after Thanksgiving?

I think it’s sad that both Warehouse 13 agents didn’t have a chance to make it past their first round.

It should be fun having old vs. new mixed up this time – especially since there are a few of original vs. remake characters in this bracket: old Nikita vs. new Nikita, British Jane from Prime Suspect vs. American Jane.

I voted for:

Myka Bering from Warehouse 13 (haven’t seen X-Files)
    Erica Evans from V (haven’t seen Medium)
    Kate Beckett from Castle (did you see this week’s episode? Amazing!)
    Cagney (haven’t seen the show, but hey, it’s Michael Weston’s mom!)

Comment by Katie Hart – November 23, 2011 06:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s exactly why I voted for Sharon Gless!!

Comment by Ruthie – November 23, 2011 06:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I voted the same way. I was too young for X-Files, but I love WH13. I didn’t watch Lost or V, but Elizabeth Mitchell is Mrs. Claus to me (The Santa Clause), so she would totally win. It’s the nostalgia–I freakin’ loved those movies. I was never interested in Medium. Stana Katic is my top pick overall, although if she ended up going head-to-head with Emily Prentiss (OhmywordIloveher!), my head would explode. And Sharon Gless is the badass Madeline Weston! I’m sorry, Lacey, but you’ve got nothing on that chain-smoking super spy goddess! It really was a “no-contest” situation for me, although that will definitely change soon….

Comment by Chelsea – November 24, 2011 02:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Stana Katic. AKA Kate Beckett

Comment by Roxann – November 23, 2011 06:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Rizzoli and Isles ladies!!! They have my vote-just don’t make me choose between them!

Comment by kjviking – November 23, 2011 06:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Scully hands Down every round… no one comes close… shes was is and will forever be the sexiest woman on the planet

Comment by blah! – November 23, 2011 06:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kate Beckett/Stana Katic all the way

Comment by Jen – November 23, 2011 07:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ugh. Looking at the contenders I can see already that it’s going to be another tough one. But fun I bet. ;)

Comment by Brynn – November 23, 2011 07:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kate Beckett (Castle) hands down!

Comment by Kat – November 23, 2011 07:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Seriously? Do you have to ask? Dana Scully all the way!!!

Comment by Lu – November 23, 2011 07:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • completely agree with you!

Special Agente Dana Scully forever the best!

Comment by Gaby – November 23, 2011 08:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dude, bracket D is pretty stacked! That being said I’m placing my votes for Yvonne Strahovski

Comment by Joycee – November 23, 2011 07:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Her name isn’t JJ Jareau…

Comment by LC – November 23, 2011 08:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post