What TVLine Is Thankful For This TV Season: Sweet Revenge, the Very Good Sons and More!

One thing for a TV enthusiast to be thankful for is that on several nights of the week — we’re namely looking at you, Sunday, Wednesday and Thursday — there is simply too much good TV to watch. But what specifically about this season has TVLine tipping its invisible hat?

Holiday TVLine-Up: Your Guide to 88 Thanksgiving Marathons and Specials

Here is what TVLine Founder and Editor-in-Chief Michael Ausiello, Editor-at-Large Matt Webb Mitovich, Senior Editor Michael Slezak, West Coast Editor Megan Masters and West Coast Reporter Vlada Gelman have singled out as deserving of acknowledgement. (Coming Thursday: What the readers of TVLine told us they are thankful for this TV season.)

1. D'Arcy says:

Spot on with The Walking Dead, I was just commenting the other day on how it does great intros to each episode. With the score and everything.

2. Amy says:

that’s why i really like Megan Masters

3. Jenny says:

Yes, on Revenge. So good and addicting!

4. Jasin says:

Glad to see Monica Potter getting some recognition. She has transformed the Kristina character into the most realistic and enjoyable to watch character on Parenthood.

5. Tamara says:

Don’t forget Bill Prady, Hart Hanson, & Shonda Rhimes among the few who tweet.

• @Tamara says:

I liked that part too on this list, the showrunners and cast who tweet. I appreciate the ones that are cool with their fans. Hart Hanson can be pretty nice and Bill Prady. Never watched Shonda’s show or tweets so I can’t say there.

6. Tim says:

Thankful for Laura Dern, Madeleine Stowe and Claire Danes—awesome being able to watch them every week.

7. RichieOnTV says:

Vlada Gelman, YES!
    I started watching Revenge last night. It is soooo good. I’m hooked.

8. Lavada says:

Kristina is the the least symphatetic character in Parenthood and it really upsets me that she gets more and more screentime this season.

9. Josje says:

I’m most thankful for Game of Thrones and the awesome books the introduced me to. I’m really missing that show in this list. How can you not be thankfull for Jon Snow, Tyrion, Khal Drogo and Arya Stark :)

10. Carter Friend says:

I’m thankful for Breaking Bad, and more specifically, Walter White. Bryan Cranston and Vince Gilligan have created what will go down in history as on of television’s best, most complex lead characters to have ever graced our screens. Every time I thunk I know what he’s going to do, he manages to surprise me, but in a completely logical way that actually makes sense. Season 4 was his strongest season yet – he broke some serious bad alright. All hail Heisenberg!

11. Sam says:

The Good Wife.
    A show so amazing it’s hard to believe it’s on TV.

12. Louie says:

Happy Endings, Happy Endings, Happy Endings, Elisha Cuthbert, Happy Endings, Happy Endings and oh yea – Happy Endings!

13. MrMank says:

Totally agree about how great Sons Of Anarchy is this season, but I feel like Perlman’s Clay needs to be on here as well. He redefines dark and creepy.

14. Sourabh says:

This is a very agreeable list.

15. MrMank says:

I agree with Matt that having more time for character development on The Walking Dead is awesome! I just can’t understand why people are so upset when shows get “talky”. “Preachy”, “heavy-handed”, yes…but since when was it a crime for the action to slow down somewhat and for characters to actually take time to act, and to let us get to know them. I remember how people complained when nobody got whacked on The Sopranos some weeks. Seriously…can we have a little story with our gory?

16. Miri says:

I thankful for the Good wife and the walking Dead those two shows can be in my life to death do us part!!!

17. S. says:

Yes! Its great that Justified is getting some love and Season 3 hasnt even started. No prob Megan for just now getting on the wagon. I love the teasers for the new season! Just cant get enough of those Harlan boys.

I agree Matt, AHS is a great and addictive freakfest. I was a bit surprised they renewed for another season!

18. Miri says:

I thankful for the Good wife and the walking Dead those two shows can be in my life till death do us part!!!

19. josh says:

I’M THANKFUL FOR DEXTER!!!!

20. Ian says:

That would be Nick Offerman, though he does work that character so well I want to call him Ron anyway.

21. Shiloh says:

Vlada, you are awesome and so right about Lisa Edelstein on “The Good Wife”. She killed it on the show. And Ausiello is right about the great directing too. This list is pretty cool. Nice to see what you guys are enjoying this season. Thanks for sharing. :)

22. Law forbids says:

This is wonderful, every other character on fringe gets so much love and respect while joshua Jackson gets ignored, bashed and treated like crap, all thanks to Seth gabel.

23. Adrian says:

I’m thankful for Zooey deschanel’s charming singing ball of quirks, Jess on one of the years funniest and most endearing new comedies, New Girl!!

Other things to be thankful for:

– a solid survivor cast that are keeping this season afloat
    – the sharp witticisms of Suburgatory
    – an amazing sophomore season from the unexpected sleeper comedy hit happy endings, buoyed by an absolutely incredibly and charming cast of characters (penny and brad and Jane, looking at you!)

24. Carmichael says:

Re: twice the Nolan

Don’t encourage them! Soon enough all six nominees in the Best Supporting Actor category will be from Modern Family when they decide that him and the kid that plays Manny should get nominations too and then Danny Pudi will never get the recognition he deserves

25. Winnie says:

This was a great read! The Human Beings (Community) one is my favorite. Well said, Megan Masters! [insert moving thumbs-up ala Greendale '90s commercial here]

26. Lucas says:

The entire cast of Sons of Anarchy! Perlman deserved to be up there, too. His portrayal of Clay is chilling and award-worthy. Sutter’s Otto deserves some recognition as well. But I agree with both Ryan Hurst and Theo Rossi up there. Jax and Tara, eh. Solid performances, though.

27. Cheryl says:

I’m thankful for Supernaturals Season 7 and finally dumping the over blown and over extended Angel mythology and getting back to telling the story of Sam and Dean.

28. Maja says:

I’m UTTERLY thankful for THE MENTALIST! I never liked a TV-show as much as I like this one. And I’m also very thankful for Simon Baker, for without him, this show wouldn’t be what it is- G.R.E.A.T.

29. Carol C says:

Hats off to the fedora!

30. Lizzy says:

I have to agree with most of Megan Master’s fave’s. Sons and Justified are AMAZING. Charlie Hunnam and Maggie Siff deserve Emmy Nom’s! I also have to agree with Monica Potter on parenthood but they forgot her scene with Alex when she said goodbye to him after he and Haddie broke up. I haven’t seen anything that moving, that emotional, and that amazing since Friday Night Lights!