NCIS' Tony DiNozzo Wins Our Ultimate Law-Enforcement Crushes Bracket Tournament

He fought. He flirted. And he conquered every single opponent who dared to challenge him in TVLine’s hotly contested Ultimate Law-Enforcement Crushes Bracket Tournament.

Indeed, it’s time to congratulate NCIS‘ wry, movie-quoting Tony DiNozzo — and his portrayer, Michael Weatherly — for reigning victorious at the end of our 64-player, single-elimination tourney.

NCIS Exclusive: [Spoiler] Is Back from the ‘Dead’!

Over the past month, DiNozzo vanquished CSI: NY‘s Danny Messer and CSI‘s Nick Stokes; survived a close run-in with White Collar‘s Neal Caffrey; and then ousted his own NCIS colleague, Leroy Jethro Gibbs.

After that, DiNozzo prevailed in a see-saw battle against Castle‘s Richard Castle — during which time Weatherly and Nathan Fillion playfully took to Twitter to stoke their fan-base fires — before finally obliterating Alias‘ Michael Vaughn in the final round by an 87.3% to 12.7% margin.

But wait, there’s more: Our Ultimate Law-Enforcement Crushes Bracket Tournament: Ladies Edition is now underway! Get votin’!

And if you’re interested in seeing how the entire bracket played out, CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT THE ENTIRE 64-PLAYER BRACKET (then click again for a zoomed-in view) — and for all of TVLine’s bracket-tourney goodness, sign up to follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV.

1. Emgee says:

Finally the male one is done.
    ON WITH THE LADIES!! Don’t forget the handcuffs ;)

2. Kim R says:

Oh yes he did…… :)

3. Eyesonly says:

Finally, the best man won!!He’s not only a total crush, but a mult-layered character who can both make you laugh and turn break-your-serious all in a single expression. That killer bad-boy smile is just the cherry on top of the sundae!

4. Blix says:

*cheers*

Go, Tony! Nice to know the tv-watching public finally knows what all of us long-time Tony fans have long known! :)

5. Saint Alicia says:

Yay, hail the conquering hero! And since NCIS’ Tony won, it would be fitting if Ziva topped the women’s bracket (cue the hate) bwahaha…
    Looking forward to the ladies’ tourney!

• DL says:

If we end up with a Ziva vs. Kate Beckett showdown, I think my head will explode. Tony vs. Castle was hard enough.

• Castle-vs-DiNozzo-NotFair! says:

TOTALLY agree!!!
        Having us vote Castle vs. Tony or Ziva vs. Beckett is soooooo NOT fair!!!

I went for Castle in the poll…. voted my guts out…. poll was decided while I was asleep (damn time difference – Castle was still in the lead when I went to bed).
        But I think it’s only fair that Tony won in the end (having beaten Castle/Nathan Fillion).

Who would I vote for if there was a Ziva vs. Beckett poll? dunno…. – let the fates decide and the most dedicated fan base win…. :-)

Congrats to Michael Weatherly (Tony) :-)

6. Tracy says:

Of course Tony won!!!
    Congratulations!!!!!!

7. estefania says:

finally NCIS has been rewarding …I love tony dinozzo and I am so happy for michael weahterly and ncis

8. Zoe says:

Well, at least Sawyer didn’t win. At least NCIS is a legit law enforcement show.

9. Shamblin says:

Iam so gld that Tony won. He is just so sexy.

10. Amanda says:

That’s my boy!! ;) Congratulatory pizzas and hazelnut coffees all round!! Good job!

11. Richard Castle says:

I know who’s behind this: …JOSH DAVIDSON!

12. Miss Angie says:

Hell Yeah!!!! Way to go DiNozzo/Weatherly! It was obvious he would win! Aside from his other gigs, NCIS has been around a hell of a lot longer than Castle and we’ve seen every aspect of Tony @ his best and worst. I tip my hat to u good sir…or I would if I wore one! Way to go!

13. Laura says:

DiNozzo is hot, but how could he have beat out Gibbs!!!

14. AJ says:

Really? NCIS is a sucky show – even if this guy is half decent looking the writing is just awful.

• DL says:

Nobody watches CBS procedurals for the writing. NCIS is so successful because of its great characters, like Tony DiNozzo!

• Svenja says:

It’s not. The guy is more than half decent looking, he’s very yummy. NCIS is a well-written show (not everything is perfect, but the unique constellation of the cast and characters makes it a top-notch show).

Now we only need to turn Abby or Ziva into a winner… (though I doubt we will be able to pull it off)

• jennrae says:

All that head-slapping, Mark Harmon’s ego when he pushed out Don Bellisario, and the “weird” chick who is supposed to be the Garcia from Criminal Minds for NCIS are just a few of the reasons I can’t stand this show.

• Saint Alicia says:

Even though you’re trolling in the deep, I’ll bite.
        The head-slapping is cute and a form of affection; the “Gibblets” are like his kids.
        It’s well known that Bellisario’s unprofessional and disorderly management style forced things to come to a head and Bellisario needed to get the boot.
        Garcia is so obviously a rip-off of Abby (who came first) it’s not even funny (and I’m a CM fan).
        Thanks for playing.

• NCISexy says:

THANK YOU.
          I love CM and Garcia but I hate it when people say that Abby is a rip-off of her! NCIS and Abby were created in 2003. CM came out in 2005. Clearly, it is the other way around.

The trololos need to calm down.

Tony deserved to win, plain and simple :)

• Belinda says:

I guess you were headslapped too many times as a child and lost many brain cells. The slaps are a sign of affection, and it is very clearly known that Don Bellisario pushed for overtime hours on filming where they would film nearly 18-20 hours a day, Mark Harmon stepped up for the crew and the fellow cast, and the show has been better for it with the new show runner. Saying Mark Harmon has an ego is like saying bunny don’t hop. It’s stupid. And you are clearly stupid when you call Abby a “Garcia ripoff” considering NCIS aired first long before Criminal Minds was even a blip on the radar. Get your facts straight.

You may not like it, but NCIS is a show that in its 9th season still kicking out with 20 million viewers each night and gets higher every season while other shows fade and get worse. It clearly proves that NCIS is doing the right thing that no one else can do.

15. heather says:

Yeah Tony won all the way

I love Tony/ Michael Weatherly

16. JustineK says:

I’m so happy for Tony! Finally someone appreciates him;)

17. maria blanco says:

DiNozzo, you’re the man! Better live up to fans’ expectation, congrats! You deserve it…

18. Patricia Pereyra says:

That’s my boy, You are the best.

19. Svenja says:

He deserves it.
    He’s like the hottest most adorable guy on the planet, who gets better with age!!!
    Weatherly/DiNozzo’s deserved it.
    CONGRATULATIONS MICHAEL!!!

20. Linda says:

Wait a second. While congrats goes to Michael Weatherly of NCIS — I see that Chris O’Donnell of NCIS LA wasn’t even in the running!
    He is the top law enforcement CRUSH in my book!

21. Sam says:

Glad he won. I loved the little comments on Twitter the two sent out to everyone during this. This was a great idea, whoever came up with it on TVLine deserves kudos. It’s a lot of fun. Looking forward to the ladies round. :)

22. Rachel says:

I can see him winning for Dark Angel, but DiNozzo the character just gets on my nerves. Blech. I’m REALLY surprised he beat Vaughn by such a large margin!! Everything else was so much closer!

• CJ says:

Totally agree – I actually quit watching NCIS for a while because I can’t stand DiNozzo. But the combination of love for Gibbs, Ducky, and Abby overrode the total dislike of Tony so I went back to watching.

23. Sherry says:

I don’t get it… if you look at THE ENTIRE 64-PLAYER BRACKET, Gibbs (59.4%) beat out DiNozzo (52.3%).

• Sherry says:

looking closer Hotchner beat out Gibbs the round before that. what gives?

• Sally says:

It’s amazing how many people misread the bracket. It’s obvious that 59.4% and 52.3% don’t add up to 100%.

• M says:

No he didn’t… Go back and look from the very beginning.
      Take Tony’s first, up against Danny from CSI:NY. If you look at the next rung on the bracket over Tony it says 79.5%, because he beat Danny by that amount. So in other words the numbers you see are for the previous bracket.

24. kirads09 says:

He is very special agent Anthony DiNozzo indeed. Of course, I have been in love with Weatherly since he was Logan/Eyes Only on Dark Angel! :)

25. Linda says:

Of course he won, I’ve been watching him since he was on the soap Loving and loving every bit of him!! It did become a harder choice when Nathan Fillion came on as Castle, I also watched him on a soap (One Life to Live) and they both have a great sense of humor and are wonderful actors!

26. david says:

Congrats Tony now all this talk about the women and Ziva. I prefer Abby. Divas nice but Abby gets my vote.

27. Katie says:

Yeah My Tony won!!!!

28. TERE LIAGALL says:

YA QUE NO ENTIENDO EL INGLES …LES ESCRIBO PARA DECIELES QUE LA SERIE ES EXCELENTE Y EL PERSONAJE DE ANTHONY DINOZZO ES ENCANTADOR.

29. NCISDar says:

The competition between Tony and Castle was awesome! The vote was so close for so long…with seesawing back and forth…and when the actors got in on it, that was so much fun. Michael and Nathan were so cool embracing this poll; what with Nathan saying Michael would want him to win, and Michael posting a clip from Kenneth Branaugh’s Henry V to rally the troups…it was a wonderful battle and fun to be a part of it. I dare say we will not see its like again.

30. Robin says:

Pizza indeed… pepperoni, sausage, & extra cheese. Tony’s favorite (Season 3) I am so happy he won.

31. lexis says:

tony wins yyeeeessss a win for the team

32. J says:

Yay! Michael Weatherly is smokin hot!

33. Abbie says:

I really think it should be Ziva vs. Abby(from Criminal Minds) for the ladies. But back to the subject Tony is absolutely the BEST CHOICE EVER!

34. Abbie says:

YES HE IS SMOKIN HOT, SERIOUSLY SMART, & SUPER FUNNY!

35. B J says:

Go ahead Tony !!!

36. Roger says:

There should be some kind of reference to this in the show.

37. Candace says:

I just wanted to say that I really love NCIS and I would so love to meet the entire cast so bad that I could cry LOL just kidding no seriously I would really like to meet the cast.

38. Beth says:

Can I just say…

ew.

• sarah says:

WAATT? EWWW THATS JUST GROSE! Jonathan togo a.k.a ryan is the sexiest man alive! Csi miami 4EVER BABY! Need i say more… umm… NO!!

39. Cassricho says:

I am so, so glad that Tony Dinozzo won…. go NCIS! BUT I can’t understand why, why, why the sexiest man ever to don the white Naval uniform in TV history did not win…. David James Elliot ROCKS!

40. Wendy says:

It’s such a hard choice I didn’t vote between Dinozzo and Castle.

41. zahra says:

of course he had to win!! He is hot and sexy!! If it was for ziva vs beckette, it would have been hard…but only ZIVA would triumph!!

42. Joe-R says:

Not me. I vote for Ziva
    Joe-R

43. Suzy says:

Very hard to vote in these things and while I voted for Nick first, he’s just great in every way, I say congrats to Tony! I love ya Michael. You’re awesome!

44. MV says:

Having never really watched that show (I might have caught it once or twice), I saw the name on Twitter and thought ‘who the hell was that?!’

Then I saw his picture.

Well played. Good choice :)

45. kat says:

really! Who watches that show? Not anyone under 50. Including me, So I have no idea how some goodlooking (not gonna deny

realllly?

don’t think so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Belinda says:

Wow you must be dumb to not read demographics, NCIS does better on the 18-49 demo even better than Glee…show your stupidity somewhere else.

46. Amy says:

AND NOW ZIVA FOR THE LADIES! :D

47. mrs.DiNozzo says:

Congratulations!! Anthony DiNozzo/Michael Weatherly …that`s my boy…NCIS for ever…

48. nonabgo says:

He’s boring.

49. Hannah says:

Alright. Ok. I concede. I don’t like NCIS, and I think DiNozzo’s kind of a prick, but this is a really, *really* good picture. I’m still always going to be pissed that Gibbs of all people beat Derek Morgan of Criminal Minds. But this picture is good.

50. sami says:

yess! I lurveee tony!!!!!