NCIS' Tony DiNozzo Wins Our Ultimate Law-Enforcement Crushes Bracket Tournament

He fought. He flirted. And he conquered every single opponent who dared to challenge him in TVLine’s hotly contested Ultimate Law-Enforcement Crushes Bracket Tournament.

Indeed, it’s time to congratulate NCIS‘ wry, movie-quoting Tony DiNozzo — and his portrayer, Michael Weatherly — for reigning victorious at the end of our 64-player, single-elimination tourney.

NCIS Exclusive: [Spoiler] Is Back from the ‘Dead’!

Over the past month, DiNozzo vanquished CSI: NY‘s Danny Messer and CSI‘s Nick Stokes; survived a close run-in with White Collar‘s Neal Caffrey; and then ousted his own NCIS colleague, Leroy Jethro Gibbs.

After that, DiNozzo prevailed in a see-saw battle against Castle‘s Richard Castle — during which time Weatherly and Nathan Fillion playfully took to Twitter to stoke their fan-base fires — before finally obliterating Alias‘ Michael Vaughn in the final round by an 87.3% to 12.7% margin.

But wait, there’s more: Our Ultimate Law-Enforcement Crushes Bracket Tournament: Ladies Edition is now underway! Get votin’!

And if you’re interested in seeing how the entire bracket played out, CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT THE ENTIRE 64-PLAYER BRACKET (then click again for a zoomed-in view) — and for all of TVLine’s bracket-tourney goodness, sign up to follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV.

Comments (102)

• Finally the male one is done.
    ON WITH THE LADIES!! Don’t forget the handcuffs ;)

Comment by Emgee – November 23, 2011 01:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh yes he did…… :)

Comment by Kim R – November 23, 2011 01:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Finally, the best man won!!He’s not only a total crush, but a mult-layered character who can both make you laugh and turn break-your-serious all in a single expression. That killer bad-boy smile is just the cherry on top of the sundae!

Comment by Eyesonly – November 23, 2011 01:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Amen! Couldnt have said it better ;)

Comment by Nikki – November 23, 2011 05:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Said it so well. He is my total crush. Love NCIS just for Tony and Gibbs,too. Love watching the show for these guys. But Big D little i Big N little ozzo. OH, My.

Comment by yep – November 24, 2011 11:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That would be Neal Caffrey, hate to burst your bubble. Neal deserved to win.

Comment by Becky – November 24, 2011 12:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Hey you’re right, that DOES sound like Neal! I am going through serious White Collar withdrawl.

Comment by Deena – November 24, 2011 03:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • yeah, Neal’s hot, he’s probably the most handsome guy on tv now. but i’m glad tony won. he might not be as good looking, but then again, he’s so much more. but wouldn’t it be nice if it were a tie between them lol. oh well. seems like my favorite tv couple will win this (go ziva!)

Comment by tiva!! – December 27, 2011 12:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Neal Caffrey should have won.

Comment by maggie – November 25, 2011 10:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Neal Caffrey is uglyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, kinda, but he’s not crushable O_o

Comment by UrSTUPID – November 27, 2011 12:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • If Matt Bomer is who you call ugly, then you need your eyesight checked FAST because you clearly can’t see. He was named the Sexiest Rising Star by Entertainment Weekly Magazine. You don’t get that title by being ugly.

Comment by Belinda – December 27, 2011 04:09 PM PDT
    • Killer smile belongs to Gibbs and,much as I like Tony, Gibbs should have won!

Comment by Veronica – December 26, 2011 08:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed!!! Gotta love the DiNozzo!! :D

Comment by Tina S. – December 27, 2011 12:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • *cheers*

Go, Tony! Nice to know the tv-watching public finally knows what all of us long-time Tony fans have long known! :)

Comment by Blix – November 23, 2011 02:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • yes I so agree

Comment by heather – November 23, 2011 02:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay, hail the conquering hero! And since NCIS’ Tony won, it would be fitting if Ziva topped the women’s bracket (cue the hate) bwahaha…
    Looking forward to the ladies’ tourney!

Comment by Saint Alicia – November 23, 2011 02:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If we end up with a Ziva vs. Kate Beckett showdown, I think my head will explode. Tony vs. Castle was hard enough.

Comment by DL – November 23, 2011 02:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • TOTALLY agree!!!
        Having us vote Castle vs. Tony or Ziva vs. Beckett is soooooo NOT fair!!!

I went for Castle in the poll…. voted my guts out…. poll was decided while I was asleep (damn time difference – Castle was still in the lead when I went to bed).
        But I think it’s only fair that Tony won in the end (having beaten Castle/Nathan Fillion).

Who would I vote for if there was a Ziva vs. Beckett poll? dunno…. – let the fates decide and the most dedicated fan base win…. :-)

Congrats to Michael Weatherly (Tony) :-)

Comment by Castle-vs-DiNozzo-NotFair! – November 23, 2011 02:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Of course Tony won!!!
    Congratulations!!!!!!

Comment by Tracy – November 23, 2011 02:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • finally NCIS has been rewarding …I love tony dinozzo and I am so happy for michael weahterly and ncis

Comment by estefania – November 23, 2011 02:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well, at least Sawyer didn’t win. At least NCIS is a legit law enforcement show.

Comment by Zoe – November 23, 2011 02:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Iam so gld that Tony won. He is just so sexy.

Comment by Shamblin – November 23, 2011 02:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That’s my boy!! ;) Congratulatory pizzas and hazelnut coffees all round!! Good job!

Comment by Amanda – November 23, 2011 02:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I know who’s behind this: …JOSH DAVIDSON!

Comment by Richard Castle – November 23, 2011 02:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Quiet! Back to your keyboard, you, or I’ll sic an editor on you!

Comment by DL – November 23, 2011 02:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hell Yeah!!!! Way to go DiNozzo/Weatherly! It was obvious he would win! Aside from his other gigs, NCIS has been around a hell of a lot longer than Castle and we’ve seen every aspect of Tony @ his best and worst. I tip my hat to u good sir…or I would if I wore one! Way to go!

Comment by Miss Angie – November 23, 2011 02:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • DiNozzo is hot, but how could he have beat out Gibbs!!!

Comment by Laura – November 23, 2011 02:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I HAVE TO AGREE WITH THAT!! MARK HARMON IS SOOOOOO SEXY!!

Comment by Linda – November 23, 2011 02:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Did you watch Certain Prey on USA? Worth it just for the Mark Harmon dance scene.

Comment by DL – November 23, 2011 02:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If there was no Gibbs, there’d be no NCIS! However, it does take the whole gang to make the show what it is!

Comment by Roger – November 23, 2011 10:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really? NCIS is a sucky show – even if this guy is half decent looking the writing is just awful.

Comment by AJ – November 23, 2011 02:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nobody watches CBS procedurals for the writing. NCIS is so successful because of its great characters, like Tony DiNozzo!

Comment by DL – November 23, 2011 02:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s not. The guy is more than half decent looking, he’s very yummy. NCIS is a well-written show (not everything is perfect, but the unique constellation of the cast and characters makes it a top-notch show).

Now we only need to turn Abby or Ziva into a winner… (though I doubt we will be able to pull it off)

Comment by Svenja – November 23, 2011 02:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • All that head-slapping, Mark Harmon’s ego when he pushed out Don Bellisario, and the “weird” chick who is supposed to be the Garcia from Criminal Minds for NCIS are just a few of the reasons I can’t stand this show.

Comment by jennrae – November 23, 2011 02:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Even though you’re trolling in the deep, I’ll bite.
        The head-slapping is cute and a form of affection; the “Gibblets” are like his kids.
        It’s well known that Bellisario’s unprofessional and disorderly management style forced things to come to a head and Bellisario needed to get the boot.
        Garcia is so obviously a rip-off of Abby (who came first) it’s not even funny (and I’m a CM fan).
        Thanks for playing.

Comment by Saint Alicia – November 23, 2011 03:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • THANK YOU.
          I love CM and Garcia but I hate it when people say that Abby is a rip-off of her! NCIS and Abby were created in 2003. CM came out in 2005. Clearly, it is the other way around.

The trololos need to calm down.

Tony deserved to win, plain and simple :)

Comment by NCISexy – November 25, 2011 04:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I guess you were headslapped too many times as a child and lost many brain cells. The slaps are a sign of affection, and it is very clearly known that Don Bellisario pushed for overtime hours on filming where they would film nearly 18-20 hours a day, Mark Harmon stepped up for the crew and the fellow cast, and the show has been better for it with the new show runner. Saying Mark Harmon has an ego is like saying bunny don’t hop. It’s stupid. And you are clearly stupid when you call Abby a “Garcia ripoff” considering NCIS aired first long before Criminal Minds was even a blip on the radar. Get your facts straight.

You may not like it, but NCIS is a show that in its 9th season still kicking out with 20 million viewers each night and gets higher every season while other shows fade and get worse. It clearly proves that NCIS is doing the right thing that no one else can do.

Comment by Belinda – December 27, 2011 04:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yeah Tony won all the way

I love Tony/ Michael Weatherly

Comment by heather – November 23, 2011 02:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so happy for Tony! Finally someone appreciates him;)

Comment by JustineK – November 23, 2011 02:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • DiNozzo, you’re the man! Better live up to fans’ expectation, congrats! You deserve it…

Comment by maria blanco – November 23, 2011 02:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That’s my boy, You are the best.

Comment by Patricia Pereyra – November 23, 2011 02:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He deserves it.
    He’s like the hottest most adorable guy on the planet, who gets better with age!!!
    Weatherly/DiNozzo’s deserved it.
    CONGRATULATIONS MICHAEL!!!

Comment by Svenja – November 23, 2011 02:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wait a second. While congrats goes to Michael Weatherly of NCIS — I see that Chris O’Donnell of NCIS LA wasn’t even in the running!
    He is the top law enforcement CRUSH in my book!

Comment by Linda – November 23, 2011 02:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glad he won. I loved the little comments on Twitter the two sent out to everyone during this. This was a great idea, whoever came up with it on TVLine deserves kudos. It’s a lot of fun. Looking forward to the ladies round. :)

Comment by Sam – November 23, 2011 02:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can see him winning for Dark Angel, but DiNozzo the character just gets on my nerves. Blech. I’m REALLY surprised he beat Vaughn by such a large margin!! Everything else was so much closer!

Comment by Rachel – November 23, 2011 03:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally agree – I actually quit watching NCIS for a while because I can’t stand DiNozzo. But the combination of love for Gibbs, Ducky, and Abby overrode the total dislike of Tony so I went back to watching.

Comment by CJ – November 23, 2011 09:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • My sentiments exactly. He’s so childish, and unprofessional….

Comment by djbarth – December 27, 2011 12:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • You are clearly superficial, but then again, simple people like you don’t look past the surface.

Comment by Belinda – December 27, 2011 04:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Abby is totally unwatchable. most annoying attention seeking moron on the show. Theres only 1 ncis episode i havent seen fullly and that was abby and the dog.. they should have killed the dog..

Comment by Abigail – December 29, 2011 04:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t get it… if you look at THE ENTIRE 64-PLAYER BRACKET, Gibbs (59.4%) beat out DiNozzo (52.3%).

Comment by Sherry – November 23, 2011 03:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • looking closer Hotchner beat out Gibbs the round before that. what gives?

Comment by Sherry – November 23, 2011 03:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • the percentage with the photo is the margin by which they won the previous round.

Comment by vincegfan – November 23, 2011 03:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s amazing how many people misread the bracket. It’s obvious that 59.4% and 52.3% don’t add up to 100%.

Comment by Sally – November 23, 2011 03:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No he didn’t… Go back and look from the very beginning.
      Take Tony’s first, up against Danny from CSI:NY. If you look at the next rung on the bracket over Tony it says 79.5%, because he beat Danny by that amount. So in other words the numbers you see are for the previous bracket.

Comment by M – November 23, 2011 09:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He is very special agent Anthony DiNozzo indeed. Of course, I have been in love with Weatherly since he was Logan/Eyes Only on Dark Angel! :)

Comment by kirads09 – November 23, 2011 03:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • same here

Comment by me – November 23, 2011 03:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I remember him as Coop from ABC soap ‘Loving’. He was so freaking hot, still is. He totally deserved this win.

Comment by Friendly – November 23, 2011 05:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Of course he won, I’ve been watching him since he was on the soap Loving and loving every bit of him!! It did become a harder choice when Nathan Fillion came on as Castle, I also watched him on a soap (One Life to Live) and they both have a great sense of humor and are wonderful actors!

Comment by Linda – November 23, 2011 03:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Congrats Tony now all this talk about the women and Ziva. I prefer Abby. Divas nice but Abby gets my vote.

Comment by david – November 23, 2011 03:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yeah My Tony won!!!!

Comment by Katie – November 23, 2011 03:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YA QUE NO ENTIENDO EL INGLES …LES ESCRIBO PARA DECIELES QUE LA SERIE ES EXCELENTE Y EL PERSONAJE DE ANTHONY DINOZZO ES ENCANTADOR.

Comment by TERE LIAGALL – November 23, 2011 04:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The competition between Tony and Castle was awesome! The vote was so close for so long…with seesawing back and forth…and when the actors got in on it, that was so much fun. Michael and Nathan were so cool embracing this poll; what with Nathan saying Michael would want him to win, and Michael posting a clip from Kenneth Branaugh’s Henry V to rally the troups…it was a wonderful battle and fun to be a part of it. I dare say we will not see its like again.

Comment by NCISDar – November 23, 2011 04:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Pizza indeed… pepperoni, sausage, & extra cheese. Tony’s favorite (Season 3) I am so happy he won.

Comment by Robin – November 23, 2011 05:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • tony wins yyeeeessss a win for the team

Comment by lexis – November 23, 2011 06:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay! Michael Weatherly is smokin hot!

Comment by J – November 23, 2011 07:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really think it should be Ziva vs. Abby(from Criminal Minds) for the ladies. But back to the subject Tony is absolutely the BEST CHOICE EVER!

Comment by Abbie – November 23, 2011 09:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES HE IS SMOKIN HOT, SERIOUSLY SMART, & SUPER FUNNY!

Comment by Abbie – November 23, 2011 09:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Go ahead Tony !!!

Comment by B J – November 23, 2011 10:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There should be some kind of reference to this in the show.

Comment by Roger – November 23, 2011 10:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just wanted to say that I really love NCIS and I would so love to meet the entire cast so bad that I could cry LOL just kidding no seriously I would really like to meet the cast.

Comment by Candace – November 23, 2011 10:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can I just say…

ew.

Comment by Beth – November 23, 2011 10:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • WAATT? EWWW THATS JUST GROSE! Jonathan togo a.k.a ryan is the sexiest man alive! Csi miami 4EVER BABY! Need i say more… umm… NO!!

Comment by sarah – November 29, 2011 07:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so, so glad that Tony Dinozzo won…. go NCIS! BUT I can’t understand why, why, why the sexiest man ever to don the white Naval uniform in TV history did not win…. David James Elliot ROCKS!

Comment by Cassricho – November 24, 2011 12:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • David James all the way, CLASS and SEX and HUMOR, rolled into one maahhhveloouuss package.

Comment by djbarth – December 27, 2011 12:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s such a hard choice I didn’t vote between Dinozzo and Castle.

Comment by Wendy – November 24, 2011 01:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • of course he had to win!! He is hot and sexy!! If it was for ziva vs beckette, it would have been hard…but only ZIVA would triumph!!

Comment by zahra – November 24, 2011 01:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not me. I vote for Ziva
    Joe-R

Comment by Joe-R – November 24, 2011 03:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Very hard to vote in these things and while I voted for Nick first, he’s just great in every way, I say congrats to Tony! I love ya Michael. You’re awesome!

Comment by Suzy – November 24, 2011 07:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Having never really watched that show (I might have caught it once or twice), I saw the name on Twitter and thought ‘who the hell was that?!’

Then I saw his picture.

Well played. Good choice :)

Comment by MV – November 24, 2011 01:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • really! Who watches that show? Not anyone under 50. Including me, So I have no idea how some goodlooking (not gonna deny

realllly?

don’t think so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by kat – November 24, 2011 10:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Wow you must be dumb to not read demographics, NCIS does better on the 18-49 demo even better than Glee…show your stupidity somewhere else.

Comment by Belinda – December 27, 2011 04:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • AND NOW ZIVA FOR THE LADIES! :D

Comment by Amy – November 25, 2011 02:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Congratulations!! Anthony DiNozzo/Michael Weatherly …that`s my boy…NCIS for ever…

Comment by mrs.DiNozzo – November 26, 2011 08:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He’s boring.

Comment by nonabgo – November 26, 2011 04:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Alright. Ok. I concede. I don’t like NCIS, and I think DiNozzo’s kind of a prick, but this is a really, *really* good picture. I’m still always going to be pissed that Gibbs of all people beat Derek Morgan of Criminal Minds. But this picture is good.

Comment by Hannah – November 26, 2011 11:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • yess! I lurveee tony!!!!!

Comment by sami – November 27, 2011 07:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post