Exclusive

Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Glee, Bones, Gossip Girl, HIMYM, Housewives, Vamp Diaries and More!

Got a scoop request? An anonymous tip you’re dying to share? Just want to say hi? Send any/all of the above to askausiello@tvline.com

Question: I heard a rumor that someone on Glee is going to buy an engagement ring soon. Do you know who it is and when the question gets popped? —Carrie?
Ausiello: I think I do. Sources confirm that the first episode back in January is titled “The Proposal.” Those same sources also reveal that the episode is a big one for (drumroll, please) Will and Emma!

Question: Do you know why that much-hyped Sue Sylvester flashback was cut from last week’s Glee? —Macario
Ausiello: Time, it would seem, was not on Sue’s side. According to exec producer Ryan Murphy, “The sequence ended up being like a little movie” and thus “too long for the episode.” But don’t fret; the footage will see the light of day. “We are releasing it either as a DVD extra or online,” Murphy confirms. “It’s called How Sue Sylvester Became a Bitch.”

Question: Please, in honor of Thanksgiving, can we have another clue about the female character getting killed off a hit cable show? It’s driving me mad. —Lisa
Ausiello: The episode in question airs in the next 7 days.

Supernatural Exclusive: Jason Dohring to Play [Spoiler Alert]!

Question: I love Suburgatory so much it almost makes me want to move to the ‘burbs. (I said almost.). Got any scoop? —Jeremy
Ausiello: This week’s Thanksgiving-themed outing is a riot. And it nearly turns into one after Lisa rebels against her mom and Tessa finds out a secret about George. Meanwhile, Jay Mohr returns as Dallas’ MIA hubby just as things are getting flirtier between Dallas and George. It’s too bad because if Dallas and Tessa’s big-city adventure this week taught us anything, it’s that the suburban queen and New York City transplant would make an awesome (read: hilarious) stepmom and stepdaughter.

Question: I know Tina Majorino’s Agent Shaw character returns in the Dec. 1 episode of Bones, and the press release mentions that she will learn the importance of teamwork. Does that mean that we are going to see her work with Sweets as well as Booth? —Rex
Ausiello: Agent Shaw does indeed return on Dec. 1 (sporting a cute, new haircut!). And in her quest to help/impress Booth during a rough time, she works with quite a few of the other characters on a case. In addition to bouncing ideas off of Sweets, she gets to watch Angela do her thing, prompting the newbie to gush, “I can’t believe I’m getting to work with you people!” Aw, shucks.

Question: Any chance we can get some Bones scoop about Angela/Hodgins? —Shelby
Ausiello: Hangela is relegated to the backburner in the aforementioned Dec. 1 episode, an hour that mostly belongs to David Boreanaz’ Booth. Ralph Waite returns as grandpops to deliver some big news to Booth about his father. By the end of the episode, you’ll be looking at those blue Veterans Stadium seats in Booth’s apartment in a whole new light.

Question: Was wondering if you have any inside scoop on who the rubber man is on American Horror Story. I’m dying to know! —Yvette
Ausiello: I can confirm that it is a man we have met before. I can also confirm that you’ll get a positive ID on the loon-in-latex in this Wednesday’s episode, which, BTW, features an award-worthy, balls-to-the-wall performance from my girl Connie Britton. Lily Rabe and Kate Mara are also crazy good as unglued spirits-turned-kidnap conspirators Nora and Hayden.

Question: I need Homeland scoop. —Carter
Ausiello: If you thought terrorism was Abu Nazir’s only motive for keeping Brody alive in captivity, think again. The revelation about what Brody was up to all those years comes out in this Sunday’s episode — and it’s a shocker. (Hint: It gives him one hell of a motive for possibly turning against his country.) Bonus scoop: A deadly shot will be fired.

Chuck Series Finale: The First Review is In!

Question: Do you remember a little show called Desperate Housewives? I need some scoop, please. —Julien
Ausiello: Sounds vaguely familiar. In an upcoming winter episode, two of the following three things happen, and one of ‘em is a foiler.

1. Bree (unwittingly) picks up a married man at an airport dive bar.
2. Lynette scores a date with Renee’s single, charming and straight hairdresser.
3. Susan (accidentally) runs over her art teacher with her car.

Question: I’m very much enjoying Desperate Housewives this season. Do you know if they ‘re planning to make a final “disaster” episode? Like the tornado, the riot, the fire, etc! —Leo
Ausiello: Nope, Wisteria Lane will not be rocked by any major catastrophes this season, mostly for budgetary reasons. Word on the street is the show is socking away all its cash for the big-bucks series finale (not to mention this).

Question: Please can I have some HIMYM scoop? —Harriet
Ausiello: You thought this week’s installment was epic? There’s an episode coming up that features a wedding, a death, a delivery and, if that’s not enough, the identity of the titular mama will be revealed — and it all ties into Becki Newton’s arrival as Barney’s new love interest. EP Carter Bays explains: “We’re very excited to add Becki to the HIMYM family. We can’t give any details on her character just yet, except that she marries Barney before getting eaten by a crocodile in the shocking season finale right after Ted meets the mother (Barney’s long-lost sister) and Lily gives birth to a baby boy weighing 7 lbs., 8 oz. And that’s all we can reveal at this time.” Wow. [Beat] Wait, was he joking?!.

Question: Michael, please tell me Robin isn’t really pregnant on HIMYM. —Iveta
Ausiello: She’s really pregnant. (I think.) But whether she remains that way is an open question. In possibly related news, here’s the logline for the Dec. 5 episode: “When Robin receives bad news, she decides to lie about it to the gang.” Hmm….

Question: I’ll convince Matt Barkley to come back to USC for another season if you can give me any sort of Will/Alicia Good Wife scoop to take me into winter hiatus. —Allie
Ausiello: I hear Episode 10 is rather momentous not only for Will and Alicia but Kalinda and Alicia, too. (Fight on, Allie!)

Is This Fringe‘s Final Season?!

Question: This season of Vampire Diaries is absolutely the best yet, and I’m rather depressed there won’t be any new episodes until January. Please ease my suffering with some scoop! —Kim
Ausiello: We’ll meet Klaus’ somewhat less evil brother, Finn, in a circa 1491 flashback sequence slated to air in Episode 13. As legend has it, Finn stumbles upon a vulnerable Katerina, and, well, one thing leads to another…

Question: Gah! I am dying for a scoop on my new addiction, Hart of Dixie! Got anything? —Hannah
Ausiello: Look for Lavon to have his hands full with his parents visiting and Lemon revealing to him her and George’s plan to drive off that night and elope. Hmm, but a snowstorm is at hand…

Question: Have never written to you or anyone else for spoilers, but I am about to have my own trauma if Dec. 5 doesn’t come soon. Any additional tidbits you can share on Castle and Beckett in “Cuffed”? —Gloria
Ausiello: Leading lady Stana Katic threw around words like “cute” and “adorable” when TVLine’s Matt Webb Mitovich grilled her about the unorthodox hour. “It will be a lighter episode, something that will take the edge off of [this week's] “Kill Shot” and offer some balance,” she adds. “We get to see the whole gang and their hijinks!”

Question: Any good Boardwalk Empire spoilers? —Erin
Ausiello: What’s worse than having one child stricken with polio? How about two! And what’s worse than having two children stricken with polio? Finding out that one of them is ****** **.

Question: Anything else you can share about Chuck‘s series finale? —Joel
Ausiello: Intel is slim. But, since the show is casting a sourpussed German waitress, maybe we can infer that there’s bratwurst in Chuck and Sarah’s future? Wait, I should’ve said “spoiler alert” before revealing that, shouldn’t I? Okay, maybe not. How’s this? In lieu of teasers, let’s all go out for Subway on Dec. 7 — the final day that the show is in production. Even if I’m not hungry, I always find that that bread is great for drying my tears.

Blind Item: Star Quits Hit Drama… Then Changes His/Her Mind?!

Question: Do you have any scoop on Parks and Recreation for us? —Archana
Ausiello: The Valentine’s Day episode — titled “Operation Ann” — finds Leslie playing Cupid for her single gal pal. Which is sure to work out… right?

Question: Any news on Switched at Birth? —Melissa
Ausiello: Emmett and Bay will still be going strong when Birth returns Jan. 3, which begs the question: How is Daphne dealing with seeing her pal dating another girl? “Not well,” Katie Leclerc told us at Sunday’s American Music Awards. “It would be hard — the one that you love hanging out with the one that you don’t like at all.” Look for Daphne to take some of her “rage and aggression” out on the courts. “I’ve been playing a lot of basketball,” notes the actress.

Question: I’m pulling for Opie and Lyla to get back together on Sons of Anarchy. Is there any hope? —Ronnie
Ausiello: According to Opie’s portrayer, Ryan Hurst, “We won’t see a firm resolution by the end of the season, so things are still on the rocks. Just like Opie’s relationship with the club and with Jax, it’s all left up in the air.”

Question: So you answered a Gossip Girl question a few weeks back saying they were doing a wee time jump (yes I’m Scottish) and I was wondering if you had any further details on that ? —Emma
Ausiello: Ah dinnae ken. (That’s Scottish for I don’t know.) But based on what I’m hearing about the fall finale on Dec. 5, don’t be surprised if the time warp happens then. “It [ends] you with a huge cliffhanger – perhaps our biggest cliffhanger ever,” exec producer Stephanie Savage told Matt Mitovich at the show’s 100th episode bash over the weekend. Added fellow EP Josh Safran: “It is both emotional and personal. It will have you wondering what happens next, for sure.”

Save the Dates: Your Guide to Fall Finales and Winter Returns

Question: What can you tell us about The Walking Dead‘s midseason cliffhanger? —Derek
Ausiello: The final five minutes were intense, horrifying and, ultimately, deeply poignant. Elsewhere, two characters (literally) kiss and make up, Rick does something to a zombie he has never done before, and someone makes a surprising return.

That’s a wrap! Please send questions, comments, and anonymous tips to askausiello@tvline.com. Also, you can keep track of my scoops on Twitter via @MichaelAusiello. Thanks for playing! Happy Thanksgiving! (Additional reporting by Megan Masters and Vlada Gelman)

1. tigersmurfette says:

ah. so all those twd spoilers are true. crappy. oh well. saves me from buying the next episodes. and really. not shocking. esp with how the season has gone so far.

2. MariaPompeo says:

Its gonna be Andrea in Walking Dead who gets ‘whacked’ – i feel it in my bones

• Rob J. says:

So far, of the characters from the comics, the show hasn’t killed off anybody that’s still in the comics 90 issues later. Doesn’t mean that the show couldn’t take a left turn and kill off one of the comics’ long-term leads, but IMO killing off Andrea is highly unlikely. Because 1) She’s Marita Covarrubias and 2) she’s awesome.

• Jay says:

I think it actually might be Lori… how else are they going to deal with the whole baby issue?

• Jay says:

I also wouldn’t be shocked if it was Carol or Sophia… though Sophia would be a copout…

• Brian says:

Can I just say that I LOVE that you referred to her as Marita Covarrubias! I do that all the time and my friends give me weird looks because they don’t get it…

• Leigh says:

Guess your friends are not X-File fanatics. Shame….I have such affection for that show & Mulder-Scully love to this day!! I have just recently gotten into The Walking Dead this season & am watching S1 on DVD. Interesting show with a unique spin.

• Dee says:

It’s definitely going to be Carol. I feel it. :)

3. Kale says:

Morgan and his son on TWD???

• Kristen says:

Oh how I hope and pray you are right! My first thought was Sophia, but perhaps that bed in the closet that Daryl stumbled upon had been for Morgan’s son. Not that I don’t want Sophia to come back, but maybe Morgan and his son found Sophia along the way, and they all appear.

4. megslin says:

so…the walking dead=death for a character?

5. carrie says:

Shane needs to die!

• Rody says:

Love him or hate him, if Shane dies the show would loose half of its characters dynamics. I just don’t see it happening any time soon…

6. Danielle says:

Hmm… a Gossip Girl cliffhanger. Do we know what date GG will be back on after the break?

7. xav says:

It’s not just me, right? I see Julianna Margulies in the teaser picture but there’s no Good Wife scoop?

8. Steph says:

Can someone tell me about the walking dead spoilers going around

9. NYR says:

If someone is wondering: the Gossip Girl cliffhanger is probably Blair (or Chuck, or both) having an accident.

10. Saint Alicia says:

Thanks for TGW and Castle scoop. TGW ep 10 is the one where Grace is missing, I believe? Super-sleuth Kalinda must be the one to find her–which means she and Alicia can be BFFs again! I hope there are hugs ヽ(*^∇^*)ノ
    And Stana Katic is so cute, she’s probably the biggest “Caskett” shipper out there. I don’t ship them but I like her enthusiasm!

11. Michael Sacal says:

“someone makes a surprising return.”

Merle or Sofia.

12. Emily says:

On Gossip Girl, I’m torn between CB possibly being in an accident or the audience finding out that Blair’s baby is Chuck’s…. I WANT THE SECOND ONE SO BAD!

I’m so worried about Blair miscarrying, though :(

• Avi says:

Here is my prediction: Blair is in an accident (run over by a runaway taxi! or something) and Blair loses the baby. Which is actually a Chair baby, which sends Blair into denial city so she goes through with this whole utterly ridiculous Prince Louis wedding. Up on the altar she realizes that Chuck is the one she loves and she takes off. Chair reunited and it feels so good.

13. Elizabeth says:

I’m so glad you asked Will marriage to Emma on Glee
    I think your wedding will be very nice and I hope the wedding dress of Emma be very beautiful

14. Bobo says:

OMFG! Boardwalk! I don’t know what that means. D:

15. MANDY says:

Wemma proposal, yeah I spazz.

16. rebecca says:

really curious about what that boardwalk empire spoiler is hmmm…

17. jasin says:

Hopefully we get Terri back then to cause some turmoil for Will and Emma.

18. Anna says:

I think that it is wonderful that Will asks Emma for marriage
    I hope that if they marry Emma’s wedding dress it is very beautiful

19. Kate says:

The wedding of the parents of Finn and Kurt was very beautiful
    So I hope that the wedding between Will and Emma is wonderful in Glee

20. Allie says:

Thanks for the GG scoop! I think the cliffhanger will probably be CB-related (since there’s supposed to be a lot happening between them in that episode) and maybe a miscarriage? Doesn’t sound like it’s much of a time warp though, probably just a few months.

21. Alex says:

So…how much of that HIMYM scoop was true?!

• Linda says:

Almost nothing I think. Barney will get a new love interest.
      I don’t see a birth and the wedding in the same episode.

• Rachel says:

Yeah, we’ve seen Lily at THE wedding, and she isn’t pregnant, right? (And also, she’s there, so, probably not off giving birth)

• Rebekah says:

I’ve been saying for a while that the mother is totally Barnie’s sister, but we do know that Lilly was not pregnant during Barney’s wedding.

22. AD says:

Re TGW looks like the end of Will and Alicia. I can see where a crisis with Grace would make her re-evaluate her priorities and end the affair plus Will is facing pressure from Diane. I have not been too impressed with the writer’s handling of the affair despite all the promise S1 and S2 offered for them as a couple – they rarely have shared any scenes as of late.

• Saint Alicia says:

It’s never really seemed (to me anyway) that Will and Alicia were endgame. After all, what show gets their romantic leads together at the end of the second season?? Usually the will-they/won’t-they dance lasts into 5/6/7 seasons. For them to be to be OTP, their hookup was very premature. I’d wager Cary and Kalinda have a better chance of ultimately being together since the writers keep putting obstacles between them.
      At this point it looks like TPTB might be planning a long-haul revamp of Peter’s character so Alicia stays with him, which is RIDICULOUS.
      I’d rather see Alicia with Colin Sweeney, they already have a strange somewhat “sweet” rapport. ;)

23. Dee says:

I am thankful for all the spoilers you give us each week so Happy Thanksgiving.

24. KDW says:

Does Ted refer to Lily and Marshall as Aunt Lily and Uncle Marshall ever? Because I know he calls Robin “Aunt Robin” – which would make sense if he marries Barney’s sister and Barney marries Robin!!!

• bkwrm says:

Yes he does. Constantly. From the very beginning he has named them as Aunt Lily and Uncle Marshall. It means they are still close friends in the future.

25. Sc says:

OMFG! The female death is Tara from Son’s. The season finale airs in the next 7 days. I am so pissed right now! ugh

• deedaia says:

I don’t think it will be Tara dying on Sons because the season finale is two weeks away…since they got an extra episode. I don’t think they will kill her off if it’s not the end of the season.

• Dane says:

Next week is part one of the Season Finale. They tacked on the 2nd part at the last minute. I definitely think it’s Tara or Gemma that is going to die. Ausiello was clever in saying THE NEXT 7 DAYS. It is going to happen next Monday or Tuesday. Jax and Tara CAN NOT leave and live a normal life.. it just won’t happen. What could compel Jax to stay? Clay being incapacitated as president is the start.. they need someone to step in. Opie is clearly unhinged so he has that guilt riding on him. BUT Tara comes first to him.. so the only way to slam shut the door that makes him leave is to eliminate Tara. OR Gemma. If Gemma dies and Tara sees that Opie and the rest of the guys are totally untethered… she may feel the need to stay. The writers have been really heavy handed with the hints about offing Tara so they may turn around and eliminate Gemma instead to really rock our worlds..

• Caitlin says:

If Gemma dies I honestly don’t think I can keep watching SoA.

• Michelle says:

Kurt Sutter would never kill off Gemma. If he did, he might wind up divorced since Katey Segal is his wife.

• BobSmith007 says:

Yeah. Hard to believe he’d kill of his wife. But, hey, she never lacks for work. But, no. Never gonna happen.

• Allie says:

I also think it will be Gemma. Kurt and Katey would consider killing her off if it served the show. I think they would both be very excited about a writing and acting challenge like that, not to mention shocking each and every viewer who thinks Katey won’t die because she’s his wife. From a storytelling point of view, killing Gemma would change the whole dynamic of the show and would be a ballsy thing to do. Kurt is nothing if not ballsy.

That said, PLEASE do not kill Gemma!!!

26. Kelly says:

Finally some Boardwalk Empire scoop! But i dont know what it means, and Im worried the female death is going to be Angela since Manny seemed to be in the Darmody house in the preview for next week.

27. J.D. Wahl says:

Michael, this is third weekly briefing without any NCIS spoilers

28. bhm1304 says:

The female character better not be “Tara Teller”, that would really be awful. I’m hoping and praying its “Lori” from “Walking Dead”, she has waaaaay outlived her usefulness and lets face it, Sarah Wayne Callies wouldn’t be missed. Another possibility, and this would suck, but maybe Jennifer Carpenter’s “Deb” from “Dexter”? The other character on a cable show I can think of currently in the cross-hairs and this would really change the show but perhaps Gabrielle Anwar’s “Fiona” from “Burn Notice”? Another possibility could be Gretchen Mol’s “Gillian” from “Boardwalk Empire” with son Jimmy currently pissing everyone off. This is a good blind item.

29. ollie says:

tvd finn knocks up kat and that means elena is related to the orinigals and besides being the doplehanger is another her blood works for making hybrids and himym robin misscarries?

30. damg says:

I don’t think it’s true what they said about HIMYM…but I do hope Barney ends up with Robin. They have so much chemistry and I love seeing them together!!

31. ollie says:

the blind item death im also worried its going to be tara or maybe gemma on soa not sure about it being deb

32. Ashley says:

Thanks for the Homeland scoop. I’m dying to find out more about Brody and what happened to him.

As far as Hart of Dixie, you always get the best spoilers.

Could we have some more scoop on Hart of Dixie, and specifically Zoe/Wade?

• econruth says:

I love Hart of Dixie too. Even though George’s parents are atrocious I just can’t see Lemon eloping – her character would be all about the big wedding. It would be the social event of the season!

33. Carlos says:

What’s worse than having one child stricken with polio? How about two! And what’s worse than having two children stricken with polio? Finding out that one of them is FAKING IT.

34. kaley says:

WHO IS ROBIN’S BABY DADDY OMG ITS DRIVING ME NUTS :O

35. Amy says:

I think Robin is going to miscarry. I think it will make her grow up and realize she wants a family and hopefully in the end (i.e. the end of this season) she will get that with Barney! I love, love Becki Newton, but no, I love Barney and Robin together. I do think we have a long way to go to get to the wedding point.

36. Jenna says:

That is exciting that Will and Emma are getting married. Or at least Will is proposing. You never know, Emma may say not yet.

• TrulyRoxie says:

I don’t think Will is going to propose; I think they’ll have sex for the first time. I think Puck is going to propose to Shelby.

37. Rachel says:

Aw the Glee scoop is so cute, I’m so excited for Will & Emma!

38. Toni says:

Please please please don’t let the cable death have anything to do with The Closer – episodes return this upcoming Monday!

39. lily says:

Soooo.. HIMYM spoiler. Is it true or not? the part about Becki Newton getting married to Barney and getting eaten by a crocodile… they’re joking, right?

40. just me says:

Super excited about the fourth episode of Bones. From everything Hanson & Nathan and the journalists are telling, it seems to be a David Boreanaz tour de force. :D Plus the returning of agent Shaw. I wish she’d work more with Booth. He’s definitely her Obi Wan Kenobi :)
    Can’t wait to read Matt Mitovich’s preview/review!

41. Aidan says:

The “surprising return” on walking dead is SO Daryl’s brother!

42. Sims says:

Ausiello, the fact that Gossip Girl will have a cliffhanger at the end of it’s midseason finale is NOT a spoiler. It always has a cliffhanger. I’m not saying don’t include it, I’m just saying don’t advertise with that in the headline.

43. Lauren says:

Oooh! I’m so excited for HIMYM! I don’t know if it’s true, but it makes sense that Barney’s half-sister would be the mother. Barney’s dad said that she was in college, and Ted said the mother was in the college class that he accidentally taught. And we know that Ted will meet the mother at Barney’s wedding, and it makes sense that his sister would be at the wedding too…

44. Danielle H says:

Aussy, shameless Subway plug!
    Are they a sponsor? ;)
    __________________________
    In other news, found myself smiling over the Hart of Dixie tease. That show is just so darn cute and enjoyable! Also always live for Vamp Diaries scoop as well.

45. Marc says:

I love the Good Wife, however, I’m sick of CBS running late due to sports, I’m at the point that I don’t even want to bother to dvr the show w/ so many other shows on Sunday that run on time.

• Sam says:

Agree with you 100%. I loved the Good Wife but after struggling for 2 weeks trying to watch it with my dvr cutting it off etc I gave up. Haven’t watched it again and sort of miss it. I think CBS shot themselves in the foot big time…once again. i doubt that I am the only viewer who gave up. Putting it on Sunday nights was a HUGE mistake.

• econruth says:

I watch a lot of CBS Sunday Night online because of the football problem. I must be one of the two people left in America that don’t own a DVR.

• Asha says:

Try being an Amazing Race fan. TAR has been getting screwed for years. YEARS! If you are sick of TGW getting a late start now wait until it’s been effed up for years and years!

46. Katy says:

For the American Horror Story spoiler- The maid’s name is MOIRA, Not Nora. Just saying, cause i watch the show religiously

• Joanna says:

Errm, IT IS Nora, not Moira. He was referring to the original owner the wife of the deranged doctor, the mother of the monster baby.. :|

Haven’t you seen the sneek peak for next week’s episode?

47. CastleBuffySVU says:

YAY for Castle scoop! Love Castle, Bones, and HIMYM. Can’t wait for the rest of these seasons. HIMYM has been hilarious thus far. Love the shows. Thanks for the spoilers, as always!

48. Steph says:

Blind Item: I hope it’s Shane. But I think it’s Lori.

49. Stephanie says:

We Wemma fans have been waiting for this news for over two years, we are all very excited and can’t wait to see what’s next for our favorite Glee couple!

50. Missy says:

Then you should know that Nora was Charles, the mad doctors wife! Both she and Hayden lost their babies, hence their desire to take Viv’s.