The TVLine-Up: TV Worth Watching This Monday

On TV this Monday: Stars go Dancing one last time, big bashes for a Gossip girl and a Dixie lass, a House doc has a secret, and more. As a supplement to TVLine’s original feature stories (linked to within), here are 10 other programs to keep on your radar.

8 pm Dancing With the Stars (ABC) | Performance show finale: J.R. Martinez, Ricki Lake and Rob Kardashian Dance. For. Their. Lives!

8 pm The Sing-Off (NBC) | The final four groups each perform a mash-ups of two hit songs before taking on one judges’ choice.

8 pm Terra Nova (Fox) | As Taylor searches for the Sixer mole, Jim stumbles onto an old murder — for which Taylor was the prime suspect. [Cue prehistoric thunderclap.]

8 pm Gossip Girl (The CW) | While Serena works hard to throw Blair a memorable bridal shower, Dan and Chuck spend the day together  lamenting that they didn’t score invites. (Um, dudes? You’re dudes.)

8:30 pm 2 Broke Girls (CBS) | Caroline and Max spend Caroline’s first broke holiday season working for a department store Santa. All together now: “Will they be naughty… or nice?”

How I Met Your Mother Preview Video: Barney and Ted Ponder Having [Spoiler] Together!

9 pm House (Fox) | When House becomes obsessed with solving a peculiar case of a deceased 4-year-old patient, he lands in serious trouble; Park tries to get Chase to admit the reason behind his recent obsession with grooming. (What, is someone moonlighting at Chippendale’s? What else could it be?)

9 pm Hart of Dixie (The CW) | To help Zoe feel connected to Bluebell, Lavon invites her to host his annual pre-game homecoming party. But when she enlists the help of her New York City pal Gigi, it becomes clear that North and South have very different ideas of entertainment.

9 pm You Deserve It (ABC) | This new quiz show, from the producers of Deal or No Deal and hosted by Chris Harrison (The Bachelor) and Brooke Burns (Hole in the Wall), offers players the chance to win money not for themselves but for someone else whom they feel deserves it. This is me raising my hand!

Castle Preview Q&A: A Traumatic Case Will Bring Beckett a ‘Huge Step Closer’ to Being With Rick

10 pm Hawaii Five-0 (CBS) | McGarrett travels to North Korea with Jenna Kaye to deliver a ransom to rebels who are holding her fiancé hostage. Singer/songwriter Jimmy Buffett guest-stars as a helicopter pilot and friend of Joe White’s.

10 pm Rock Center With Brian Williams (NBC) | Bob Costas delivers an update on the Penn State scandal, Harry Smith profiles Chicago Mayor Tom Kane Rahm Emanuel, and Williams interviews Betty White in the studio.

Which of the above is must-see TV for you? And by all means, hit the Comments to offer tune-in suggestions of your own!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. B says:

How could you not put Castle on this list?

• Kelly says:

Look right above Hawaii 5-O for an ENTIRE story dedicated to Castle.

Also note at the beginning of the article: “As a supplement to TVLine’s original feature stories (linked to within), here are 10 other programs to keep on your radar.”

I’m surprised that anyone still misses these given how many times other readers have corrected people.

• CJ says:

It’s totally funner to do it this way.

• Fred says:

Poor design if you ask me. I don’t give a crap about the introductory words, I just scroll to the shows you consider worth watching, which are mostly highlighted in big, bold letters. The links are on a totally different format. I skip them thinking they are ads.

Would it be so hard to put:

10 pm Castle (ABC): See… (follow with link)

2. onno says:

@B try reading the first part of the message this is an addition to the stories linked within and guess what castle is linked within just above Hawaii Five-0. And if your a newbie we will forgive you this time

3. kevin says:

Time still running out on TERRA NOVA with only five episodes left in the season or series. Also I’m rooting for Ricki Lake to win it all on DWTS and an intense HAWAII FIVE-O with an appearance by Jimmy Buffett.

4. Inge says:

Thanks Matt but can you give Hawaii Five-O next time a story link we fans don’t get much from others. would be nice if you did it for once!

• D'Arcy says:

I’m sure if they had enough information on H50’s new episode to make an article, they would have done it.

• Lynnette says:

Inge – there’s lots of really good info online about H5-0, including stuff about tonight’s spectacular episode with Jenna Kaye and Wo Fat returning. Jimmy Buffet will be awesome, but I don’t think he’ll be singing Margaritaville! Check out Five-0 Undercover and Hawaii 5-0 Online for starters.

5. Brandy says:

2 broke girls, gossip girl, hart of dixie

6. Templar says:

Looks like I miss the mainstream boat once again. For me it’s a great old 50s musical, My Sister Eileen on TCM and then Castle. The musical stars Janet Leigh [Jamie Lee Curtis’ mother], Jack Lemmon and Betty Garrett.

7. Castle! says:

I can’t believe you haven’t written CASTLE! It’s the best show on today :)

8. Beans says:

Castle ,Hawaii 5 O

9. Lisa says:

Bored to Death
    Hart of Dixie
    The Layover

10. How I Met Your Mother, although I’m somewhat skeptical how they’re going to redeeom Robin’s character from pretty coldly rejecting Barney last week. I’ll be also DVR Castle.

11. Allie says:

Gossip Girl and MNF (yes, probably the oddest pairing of the bunch).

LOL at dudes being bummed about not getting invited to a bridal shower. Because in the history of time, that’s happened exactly never.

12. Laur2222 says:

How about 2.5 men and mike and molly?? i believe they are on tonite and new. mike and molly to me is the best show on monday nites on cbs.

13. Natalie says:

Definitely catching “2 Broke Girls” and really looking forward to “Castle” tonight. As always, thanks so much for your great, helpful write-ups, Matt. :)

14. Janine says:

I can’t wait for House tonight…it looks intreaguing. Kind of reminds me of “All In” from season 2 based on the previews and the description.

Can someone PLEASE explain to me though why Two Broke Girls is airing a Christmas themed episode before Thanksgiving. I love Christmas more than anyone, but I wish we could take things one holiday at a time. The only way having them work for a mall santa is an acceptable plot to air before Thanksgiving is if it is going to become a running job throughout the rest of the episodes that will air before Christmas.

15. Lynn says:

HIMYM, 2 Broke Girls (LOVE this show!), and CASTLE!!! (my FAVORITE!!!)

16. Lisa says:

Syfy to air Grimm marathon tomorrow Tuesday, November 22.

17. Lynnette says:

House, then H5-0, unless hubby grabs the tv and makes me endure Pawn Stars – but nobody gets in the way of me and my H5-0!

18. fernando says:

Hart Of Dixie

19. ladyhelix says:

REALLY enjoying Hawaii-50 this season. The plots are better – the pacing & flow is great, and the characters – although fallible – are consistent, likable, and believable (take note Glee).

Other than Castle – The Daily Show, Good Eats, & Income Property
    I’m skipping HIMYM lately – I love NPH & Ally, but a little of this goes a long way