How I Met Your Mother First Look Video: Barney and Ted Ponder Having [Spoiler] Together!

My, how far you’ve come, Barney Stinson.

In the following exclusive clip from tonight’s How I Met Your Mother, TV’s ultimate cad admits he’s warming to the idea of  — wait for it! — having kids.

But there’s a twist. Recently rejected by Robin, Barney ponders “the wife and kids thing… minus the wife.”

How I Met Your Mother Exclusive: Ugly Betty‘s Becki Newton to Romance Barney!

“I wish men could have children on their own — like seahorses!” exclaims Barney. Until that magical day comes, Barney and fellow brokenhearted pal Ted may have stumbled upon a simple solution to their childless woes.

Check out the sneak peek below and make sure to tune in for tonight’s episode. (We hear it’s a big one.)

Loading video...

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. Haha, I think Barney is just feeling aimless now that he’s not in the relationship with Nora, and then right away got rejected by Robin. He gave up all his womanizing stuff, so it’s not like he can go back to that. And Ted’s always been one step ahead of the “happily ever after” scenario, what with his house and all. Interested to see how this plays out!

2. Nancy says:

The sneak peek video isn’t coming up for me. I’ve never had that problem before on your site. :(

3. HIMYMfan says:

anddddddd that’s how I met your mother :)

4. Scott says:

I personally hope they actually go through with adopting a child. Just stay with me here. When we see “Bob Saget” Ted he is supposedly telling a story of how he meets the mother of the two children shown on the couch. Now say while he’s telling them the story of meeting the mom he sidetracks and tells them about how he and Barney adopted a child. The whole episode it looks like they won’t go through with it but in the end they finally do. It wouldn’t be much trouble for HIMYM to cast a toddler (I mean they will soon have to do that for Lily and Marshall’s baby).

Now keep up with me.. At the end of the episode we see BS Ted and the kids on the couch. All the sudden a most likely post college boy walks through the door and he’s like, “Hey Ted, just stopped by to grab something and then I am going back to (insert school for architecture here).”

Now you couldn’t just say Ted and Barney adopted a baby and then have the baby never appear again. So now you would have the reason to have hilarious episodes where Barney uses the baby as chick bait. Maybe there is a “Friends”-ish episode where Barney and Ted forget the baby somewhere and have to back trace their steps. Maybe Barney gets tired of the baby and tells Ted they have to give it back but after coming close to returning the baby, Barney has a moment where he couldn’t let the baby leave his life. Plus you could have Barney/Ted and the baby dressing up in funny outfits.

You wouldn’t need to have the baby in every episode (you could say that the baby is at the nursery or something) so the baby wouldn’t wear out it’s welcome. With a potential limited amount of episodes left they could use this as a way to make Barney/Ted grow as people more.

Then again all this could happen with Lily and Marshall’s baby (sans the “returning the baby” part).

5. John says:

Tain’t gunna appen. They have 2 seasons to go, and this one is all about getting Barney down the aisle. An adopted kid would mess that whole story up and take the emphasis off the other kid coming down the pipe. I predict this to be a big episode for Barney – he has to meet a wife candidate sometime soon, afterall.

6. Pia says:

Why put [Spoiler] in the heading when the spoiler is above the jump?

7. Anon says: