Grimm Gets Full-Season Order, Thursday Try-Out

Grimm fans are in for a full season’s worth of scares: NBC has given the freshman spooker a “back nine” episode order.

“We are very pleased to be making a full-season commitment for Grimm,” said NBC Chairman Robert Greenblatt. “This series is turning the traditional procedural drama on its head and is attracting a loyal following for us on Friday nights. We love where it’s going creatively and we’re excited to deliver more episodes to our audience.”

Grimm has been a rare bright spot for NBC this fall. Season to date, the show has averaged nearly 7 million viewers and a 2.3 rating in the 18-49 demo.

In an effort to draw even more eyeballs to the rookie supernatural thriller, NBC is giving the show a special Thursday night showcase on Dec. 8 at 10 p.m.

TAGS: ,
GET MORE: Full-Season Pick-Ups, News

1. Aria says:

Seriously?

2. Lorie says:

I just watched all 4 episodes yesterday. I was pleasantly surprised; it’s pretty good. Definitely alot better than some of the shows I recently dropped from my viewing list.

3. Darklady65 says:

Wwwooohhhooooo love the show!! Very glad NBC gave them a full season =)

4. Asha says:

I watch both Chuck and Gossip Girl, if 5 years ago you had asked me which of these two shows I thought would be on the longest, I would have said not Gossip Girl. It makes me sad that Chuck has been outlived by Gossip Girl, which is basically on its last legs as the writers continue to keep Chair apart. I will greatly miss the awesomeness of Chuck.

5. Rachel says:

SO HAPPY ABOUT THIS! I’m loving this show, it’s not too cheesy, the cast is new and fresh, and I can’t stop wondering what’s going to happen next with the ongoing secret Grimm tale. Like what’s up with that Police Boss…I NEED TO KNOW! lol I was afraid that Friday night Fringe slot would ruin this show’s chances completely, but I guess not!

• Anna says:

No matter where this show was slotted, I still would choose it over Fringe; because I find Anna Torv and John Noble so unappealing.

6. Bob says:

So this show gets picked up and Community is on hiatus? Fantastic….

• lacey says:

Community being on hiatus has nothing to do with Grimm. Grimm is a drama and by being on air it is not taking a spot away from Community. If you want to blame a show then blame Whitney and all the stupid people that watch that show.

7. Justin says:

This is great news! I really like this show. In fact, most of the new shows I chose this year have received full-season orders, including Once Upon a Time and Person of Interest.

8. Lauren says:

Yay this is GREAT news! Can’t wait for more Grimm!

9. Danielle H says:

Will the episodes that they showcase on Dec. 8 be reruns or new???

10. Rachel says:

I’m loving all the fantasy/sci-fi programming on network TV this fall!! Glad to see Grimm get a full season, it’s pretty fun. Loving Once and Terra Nova, too…hope they both get more episodes! (even if it has to be a S2 for TN)

11. kevin says:

GRIMM truly deserves to get a full season pick up since the fairy tale thriller is making a huge breakout hit on Friday nights. Bob Greenblatt and his network better take that under consideration if it means for how long any of NBC’s shows have a greater chance to bring their confidence level back to the top.

12. pv says:

I’m enjoying Grimm, even if its no Fringe :P. Its fun and oddly satisfying.

Wish there was more of the Pilates Wolf though – he’s hilarious.

And can we get some axe-weilding badass woman to join the crew!? Its the element the show is missing.

Glad to know it’ll be sticking around though

13. Ten says:

yay! love this show. I only started watching it because it’s set in Portland, my hometown and in my opinion the greatest place on earth. I didn’t think I would like it but I am captivated by this show. The only other show that made me want to watch its episodes over and over again and get actually emotionally invested was BSG. And to think, I really didn’t want this show to be successful because it replaced 17th Precinct. How times change,

14. deanna says:

YAY! brightens up the week after NBC cancelled Prime Suspect!

15. Lisa says:

Syfy is airing a Grimm marathon tonight. It’s awesome that it’s moving to Thursday @ 10 on NBC because I refuse to give up my Supernatural/Fringe timeslot on Friday’s.

• chris says:

i also have the same problem with fringe and supernatural but it’s not moving to thursday, its getting a trial episode to expose it to more people

• Mike says:

“NBC is giving the show a special Thursday night showcase on Dec. 8 at 10 p.m.” – Just FYI – for now, it’s a SPECIAL SHOWCASE, no one said anything about it officially moving there yet. But any chance to draw more viewers back to Fringe on Fridays would be good for me!

16. Bobby says:

Good. I really like the show. I TiVo it so I hope they remember to count those of us who watch it that way.

17. emma says:

Will they not be showing the last of the prime suspects at thursday now.

18. L says:

Grimm needs to recast the lead role. I caught it on the SyFy channel, but I doubt it will go on past this season. Clearly a lot of money for special effects, but that does not make up for a poorly cast Grimm, and a lackluster mytharc..

• Lisa says:

I admit the two main characters aren’t all that ‘special’ but I love the show. That is, as long as it doesn’t interfere with my Friday Supernatural/Fringe timeslot because I refuse to give it up.

19. Karlene says:

Oh my gosh I don’t do shows like Gossip Girl, or even the dreaded Glee but Grimm yes I will watch faithfully evry fri…. Luv it!