Grimm Gets Full-Season Order, Thursday Try-Out

Grimm fans are in for a full season’s worth of scares: NBC has given the freshman spooker a “back nine” episode order.

“We are very pleased to be making a full-season commitment for Grimm,” said NBC Chairman Robert Greenblatt. “This series is turning the traditional procedural drama on its head and is attracting a loyal following for us on Friday nights. We love where it’s going creatively and we’re excited to deliver more episodes to our audience.”

Grimm has been a rare bright spot for NBC this fall. Season to date, the show has averaged nearly 7 million viewers and a 2.3 rating in the 18-49 demo.

In an effort to draw even more eyeballs to the rookie supernatural thriller, NBC is giving the show a special Thursday night showcase on Dec. 8 at 10 p.m.

Tags: ,

Comments (34)

• Seriously?

Comment by Aria – November 21, 2011 06:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No, not seriously. Everyone was just kidding. We can all go home now.

Comment by Brooke – November 22, 2011 08:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just watched all 4 episodes yesterday. I was pleasantly surprised; it’s pretty good. Definitely alot better than some of the shows I recently dropped from my viewing list.

Comment by Lorie – November 21, 2011 06:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wwwooohhhooooo love the show!! Very glad NBC gave them a full season =)

Comment by Darklady65 – November 21, 2011 06:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I watch both Chuck and Gossip Girl, if 5 years ago you had asked me which of these two shows I thought would be on the longest, I would have said not Gossip Girl. It makes me sad that Chuck has been outlived by Gossip Girl, which is basically on its last legs as the writers continue to keep Chair apart. I will greatly miss the awesomeness of Chuck.

Comment by Asha – November 21, 2011 06:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oops! Sorry this post is on the wrong story. It was supposed to be on the Chuck one! GAH! This is what happens when you aren’t focusing on what you’re doing. Please ignore me.

Comment by Asha – November 21, 2011 06:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • What does Chuck and Gossip girl have to do with Grimm. I hate people who sabotage comments and forums like you Asha. Begone!

Comment by Hershon – November 21, 2011 06:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • uh read their follow up comment…

Comment by Samantha – November 21, 2011 07:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Are you blind or retarded?

Comment by Jess – November 22, 2011 12:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SO HAPPY ABOUT THIS! I’m loving this show, it’s not too cheesy, the cast is new and fresh, and I can’t stop wondering what’s going to happen next with the ongoing secret Grimm tale. Like what’s up with that Police Boss…I NEED TO KNOW! lol I was afraid that Friday night Fringe slot would ruin this show’s chances completely, but I guess not!

Comment by Rachel – November 21, 2011 06:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No matter where this show was slotted, I still would choose it over Fringe; because I find Anna Torv and John Noble so unappealing.

Comment by Anna – November 21, 2011 09:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So this show gets picked up and Community is on hiatus? Fantastic….

Comment by Bob – November 21, 2011 06:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Community being on hiatus has nothing to do with Grimm. Grimm is a drama and by being on air it is not taking a spot away from Community. If you want to blame a show then blame Whitney and all the stupid people that watch that show.

Comment by lacey – November 21, 2011 07:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I do. I really, really do.

Comment by Holly – November 22, 2011 11:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is great news! I really like this show. In fact, most of the new shows I chose this year have received full-season orders, including Once Upon a Time and Person of Interest.

Comment by Justin – November 21, 2011 06:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay!!

Comment by Eliz – November 21, 2011 06:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay this is GREAT news! Can’t wait for more Grimm!

Comment by Lauren – November 21, 2011 07:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Will the episodes that they showcase on Dec. 8 be reruns or new???

Comment by Danielle H – November 21, 2011 07:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • new then followed by a new one on friday

Comment by chris – November 22, 2011 09:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m loving all the fantasy/sci-fi programming on network TV this fall!! Glad to see Grimm get a full season, it’s pretty fun. Loving Once and Terra Nova, too…hope they both get more episodes! (even if it has to be a S2 for TN)

Comment by Rachel – November 21, 2011 08:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • GRIMM truly deserves to get a full season pick up since the fairy tale thriller is making a huge breakout hit on Friday nights. Bob Greenblatt and his network better take that under consideration if it means for how long any of NBC’s shows have a greater chance to bring their confidence level back to the top.

Comment by kevin – November 21, 2011 08:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m enjoying Grimm, even if its no Fringe :P. Its fun and oddly satisfying.

Wish there was more of the Pilates Wolf though – he’s hilarious.

And can we get some axe-weilding badass woman to join the crew!? Its the element the show is missing.

Glad to know it’ll be sticking around though

Comment by pv – November 21, 2011 08:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • yay! love this show. I only started watching it because it’s set in Portland, my hometown and in my opinion the greatest place on earth. I didn’t think I would like it but I am captivated by this show. The only other show that made me want to watch its episodes over and over again and get actually emotionally invested was BSG. And to think, I really didn’t want this show to be successful because it replaced 17th Precinct. How times change,

Comment by Ten – November 21, 2011 09:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAY! brightens up the week after NBC cancelled Prime Suspect!

Comment by deanna – November 21, 2011 10:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Syfy is airing a Grimm marathon tonight. It’s awesome that it’s moving to Thursday @ 10 on NBC because I refuse to give up my Supernatural/Fringe timeslot on Friday’s.

Comment by Lisa – November 22, 2011 09:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i also have the same problem with fringe and supernatural but it’s not moving to thursday, its getting a trial episode to expose it to more people

Comment by chris – November 22, 2011 09:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • “NBC is giving the show a special Thursday night showcase on Dec. 8 at 10 p.m.” – Just FYI – for now, it’s a SPECIAL SHOWCASE, no one said anything about it officially moving there yet. But any chance to draw more viewers back to Fringe on Fridays would be good for me!

Comment by Mike – November 22, 2011 11:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Sorry Chris, didn’t realize you said the same exact thing. :-)

Comment by Mike – November 22, 2011 11:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good. I really like the show. I TiVo it so I hope they remember to count those of us who watch it that way.

Comment by Bobby – November 22, 2011 12:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Will they not be showing the last of the prime suspects at thursday now.

Comment by emma – November 22, 2011 01:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Grimm needs to recast the lead role. I caught it on the SyFy channel, but I doubt it will go on past this season. Clearly a lot of money for special effects, but that does not make up for a poorly cast Grimm, and a lackluster mytharc..

Comment by L – November 23, 2011 08:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I admit the two main characters aren’t all that ‘special’ but I love the show. That is, as long as it doesn’t interfere with my Friday Supernatural/Fringe timeslot because I refuse to give it up.

Comment by Lisa – November 28, 2011 01:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh my gosh I don’t do shows like Gossip Girl, or even the dreaded Glee but Grimm yes I will watch faithfully evry fri…. Luv it!

Comment by Karlene – November 30, 2011 08:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post