Exclusive

Gossip Girl Exclusive First Look: Chuck and Dan Plot an Excellent, Blair-Distracting Adventure

An unlikely bromance takes shape on tonight’s Gossip Girl when Dan and Chuck — a.k.a. the only two people not invited to Blair’s wedding shower — decide to throw themselves one helluva pity party.

Gossip Girl Spoiler Alert: 8 Things You Need to Know About Blair’s Wedding Day

But as you can see in the following exclusive preview, Chuck is somewhat resistant to the idea of a wild night out on the town with the unsophisticated bookworm. What — or rather who — changes his mind?

Press play and find out.

Loading video...
TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: Exclusive, First Look, Scoop, Video

1. V says:

Why do we have to watch the Kardasians before the preview?!

2. Emily says:

I love you, Chuck! Poor guy has to deal with the love of his life marrying someone else and not even witnessing that he’s changing. :( Hopefully Duck provides some giggles tonight!

• Ah Duck, what a propitious pairing. Two strapping young men spurned for royalty, but still able to drown their sorrows together with (one supposes)a torrent of beer or other such alcoholic beverage. Tonite should be, ah, epic…

3. Sandra says:

Duck: at least something entertaining and fun to watch on this show at the moment. There’s not enough Serena/Blair moments this season. So any friendship scenes are more great!

4. Ena says:

actually looking forward to duck, they’re a welcome distraction from the dair/chair fanwars … they’re fun! :)

5. Gina says:

This preview amuses me and I really like them… I don’t know I think DUCK have chemistry. Perhaps they should get together. lol!

I like that Chuck changed his mind when he saw the article on BLOUIS. Definitely he acts like he’s cool with Blair not inviting him, but he is not pleased. Hope there will be Chuck and Blair scenes as well tonight!

6. Shelley says:

Wow. This actually looks good. I kind of enjoy Dan and Chuck scenes.

7. Christiana says:

I love that Chuck gets mad when sees the newspaper

8. Anna says:

Forget Chair, forget Dair, it’s all about Duck and Blairena! :)

9. Allie says:

Well, this actually looks pretty interesting. I do like Dan and Chuck together (about a billion times more than Dan and Blair, anyway).

But how many times are they going to make reference to Dan’s ridiculous hair before they actually do something about it? It’s getting really distractingly unattractive.

10. Svenja says:

Two guys bonding over losing the woman they love. Great material!!!

11. Tammy says:

No canned dog food for Monkey LOL Love Chuck and love Monkey. I am sort of excited about Duck but wow Dan is pathetic.

12. Elizabeth says:

Dan, you moron. Why would you be invited to the shower? You wrote fanfic about doing it with the bride to be. And Chuck would never be invited, considering. I’ve honestly never met a guy sulking over not being invited to the wedding shower of the girl he is currently crushing on. But whatever, at least Dan and Chuck are somewhat amusing together.

Shame I can’t dream of this ending in a trip to the barber for Dan, since we’ve seen 100th episode pictures. Is Penn ever going to be done with that Buckley film? Because his hair is out of control.

• Jenn C says:

I actually think Penn has been looking extra hot lately LOL I’m digging the hair, but then I had no problem with the hair on Jeff Buckley, either.

Speaking of hair, I haven’t found Ed Westwick appealing ever since season 2, much preferred his rich kid, emo band hair of season 1 hahahahaha Once he started slicking it back, he started to look like a little boy trying to dress up as an adult

13. Eddie says:

Awww, poor Chuck. I hope the CD interaction is like 2.05, loved that episode!

14. Lisa says:

Chuck Bass is officially the best thing on Gossip Girl since Blair began acting like a spoilt 5 year old princess.
    I don’t mind the Chuck/Dan friendship either (but the idea of them bonding over feelings for Blair is laughable since Chuck’s feelings are obviously so much deeper). I love how Chuck is all about Blair I love those too but until Blair removes her head out of her sleep inducing fairytale I’ll just watch Chuck scenes.

• Anna says:

I disagree. Chuck and Blair=Lust+Friendship+Schemes. Dan and Blair have the foundation of true love. That is love built on shared passions and respect. When you get to do what makes you happy as an individual and have someone to share those moments with you, and respects you enough to not sell you for a hotel. That’s the root of deep love.

15. chestal says:

this friendship is one of the two things I’m liking GG this season!!! (the other one is Dair!! )
    :D

16. AA says:

Poor Chuck, stuck with Humpy. And seriously, what’s it to DAN if Blair is getting married? Can’t wait for this Blouis BS to be over with so Chuck and Blair can get back together.

17. mel says:

I love Chuck and am sad he has to be around a douche bag like Dan humphrey. I’m glad Chuck is concerned and really is all about making Blair happy. He belongs with her not Muppet Humphrey

18. Amanda says:

Really? Chuck and Dan commiserating over Blair getting married? As if Dan’s “feelings” could ever be comparative to Chuck losing the love of his life. That said, I don’t mind Duck scenes. Watching Chuck repeatedly pwn Dan will never get old.

19. KM says:

As much as I hate Dan and Blair’s contrived romance, I think Chuck and Dan might be worse. At least they’re keeping the snark alive for now. I don’t mind their antagonistic, reluctant respect for each other. But seriously, Dan has every reason in the world to loathe Chuck, and Chuck has the good taste not to enjoy Dan’s company.

20. Katie says:

This episode actually looks like a lot of fun! I love the Chuck and Dan interaction that has been more prevalent recently. I’m all about Dair (and I kind of like Chair), but Chuck is actually my favorite character this season. Can’t wait for Duck! (+ monkey?)

21. Allie says:

I do agree though, that equating Chuck and Dan’s pain over Blair is completely absurd. She’s the love of Chuck’s life, they’ve been together on and off for almost 4 years. Dan’s had a crush on her for a few months, and he’s been in love with at least two other girls, one of whom is her best friend. So not… quite the same.

22. Joanna says:

At least there is some Duck scenes that will give me some laughs. I knew I could always count on Chuck Bass to make me even remotely interested in Dan Humphrey. But why is Dan surprised that he’s invited? Blair doesn’t even speak to him after his self-inserted fanfiction of a book came out. And boo hoo at him whining about his book no longer being a best-seller. That’s more that most of the writers can say.
    But above all, why oh why didn’t he take Chuck up on his offer to get him a haircut? WHY?

But awww, poor Chuck! Having to see the love of his life with another man in the newspaper and on top of all having to babysit Humphrey. Not a good day for Chuck.

23. Manu says:

UGH, will never approve of these two… I just hope Dan will know what happened in 420 soon!

But I do approve of the Dair that will come out of it :D

24. G says:

I love me some Duck!! I’ve been waiting for Duck scenes again since S2!! I think these two and their unlikely friendship is comedic gold. These two. LOVE IT. Anyone else remember that they are step brothers? Takes bromance to another level. ;)

25. Liz says:

Seriously I like this pairing. Why did they keep Dan in isolation in Brooklyn for so long?

26. Beth says:

This “friendship” seems really forced to me. I think they work better as enemies.

27. Leslie says:

As much as I want a Chuck and Blair story line first and foremost, I think these two boys together provide some good times. 2.05 was a great episode because of them, so maybe 5.08 will be too…

28. LOL says:

Even though the pairing is contrived, they are fun together so what’s the big deal? And comparing one love to another achieves what exactly? At the end of the day, Gossip Girl is just a silly show so why take it so seriously?

Thanks for the fun clip!

29. Bonbona says:

Hope we will have some DAIR scenes … I miss them on my screen

30. mendie says:

I find it amusing that it seems the biggest fan of Dair is the woman who plays Blair. Leighton Meester has been quoted on numerous occasions that she wouldnt mind having the relationship explored more.