Gossip Girl: 8 Things to Know About Episode 100 (aka Blair's Royally Iffy Wedding)

Get More: Previews, Scoop

The well-heeled denizens of Gossip Girl occupied Wall Street — namely, Cipriani Club 55 — on Saturday night to fete the CW series’ 100th episode, airing Jan. 30. Seeing as the landmark hour centers around Blair’s wedding to Prince Louis, the cast was on strict orders to, ironically, not gossip about what happens, so “I can’t tell you” and “I’m not allowed to say” were frequent refrains. Even so, TVLine gleaned enough teasey tidbits to paint a provocative wedding picture….

WHAT’S IN A NAME? | It took some coaxing, but executive producer Josh Safran ultimately was too excited to share with us what he called “the perfect title” for the 100th episode: “The title is ‘G.G.,’ as in the movie Gigi” — but spelled as in the show’s monogram. Nonetheless, I point you to Gigi‘s IMDb page should anyone wish to read into that name choice.

ARE WE IN FACT HEADING FOR A WEDDING? | “A wedding will take place in the episode,” exec producer Stephanie Savage promised. Upon noting my raised eyebrow, she added with an evil-ish chuckle, “But I didn’t say how much of the wedding.” Yeah, we’ll have more on that in a bit….

RUNAWAY RUMOR | The “tell-tale” photo (seen here) that made rounds last week and convinced (some) fans that Blair will bail on her big day? The producers were quick to note that the scene Leighton Meester shot could be but a dream.

TVLine’s Guide to Fall Finale and Winter Return Dates

DANCING WITH THE U.E.S.-ERS | Mark Piznarski, whose directing credits include Gossip Girl‘s pilot and Episode 100, teased that at the very start of the hour, “You’re going to see something that the cast has never done before.” Though he kept mum on details, Blake Lively later revealed to the press that on Friday, “We shot a big dance sequence.”

DAN & BLAIR | Turning to one of Blair’s non-royal romantic options, Penn Badgley told me that come wedding day, “Dan has a role to play that is not conventional” — and once viewers lay witness to what it is, “There will be a lot of gasping,” he reckons.

CHUCK & BLAIR | After waving me off somewhat, explaining, “I’ve got specific notes about what I’m allowed to say,” Ed Westwick did allow that “of course” there will be Chuck/Blair scenes in No. 100. When I relayed some readers’ wish that Chuck “ride up on a horse and whisk the bride away,” he shared, “I’ve actually been taking riding lessons … but no, it’s not going to happen. The horse part, that is.”

Gossip Girl Wedding Exclusive: Who’s Invited to Blair’s Big Day — and Who’s Not!

FATHER SCOOPS BEST! | Remember how Savage hinted above at a perhaps-waylaid wedding? To hear John Shea (aka the father of the bride) tell it, Blair at the very least gets to the altar. In describing the emotions he felt walking his TV daughter down the aisle, he said, “When you see her [in the dress], it sort of stops your breath. And then as we approach the altar, there’s the whole cast, everybody who’s been there for all these five years.” Oops?

HAPPILY EVER AFTER? | Previewing the episode, Meester herself said, “[Blair]‘s engaged to a prince, so what could be better than that? But then you realize that the fairytale isn’t 100-percent perfect.” So which gent does she think could offer a better chance at giving the would-be princess a happy ending? “Her and Chuck have had ups and down, and as much as everyone loves them together I think that them having time apart has actually helped Blair grow — and weirdly helped me grow, too,” the actress offered. She then continued, “The one relationship I’d love to see play out is Blair and Dan — just selfishly, honestly, because I love working with Penn. So we’ll see!”

Ready, set, Gossip: What’s your latest theory on what all goes down on B’s big day?

Comments (286)

• OMG! GG has gotten more exciting…I can’t wait for Jan 30th…I understand that Leighton wants Dair to be played out but on my opinion they should remain friends, surely, they are the most smart and sensible characters in the show and them being together is a breath of fresh air from CHAIR drama,but thats it,they shouldnt be romantically involved..I’m a CHAIR shipper because I’ve witnessed how this couple been through a lot and still managed to fight for their love…Im hoping that their love story will have a happy ending , but since we still have the half of season 5 and season 6, I doubt if that will happen any sooner…so, GG fans, just stay cool, whether u are CHAIR or DAIR shippper, just watch, post ur comments but stop arguing…:))

Comment by myrel – November 20, 2011 12:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree, though I personally ship Dair.

Comment by Rebecca – November 20, 2011 12:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Let there be DAIR!! People please be mature enough and stop arguing we all have our SHIPS and I think we all should respect everyone’s opinion. Leighton and Penn loves working with each other and nothing is wrong with that. DAIR or CHAIR if you really are real fans you will all just support the show.

Comment by czf013 – November 20, 2011 05:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Leighton has said multiple times that she loves working with Ed. He’s her favorite to work with.

Comment by grasping – November 20, 2011 12:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BOOOOOO! I was waiting for Chuck and Blair in the 100th. Now I could care less for this show.

Comment by michelle – November 20, 2011 12:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t the 100th will be about Dair.

They are already doing the episode about Blair and Louis getting married, if they ended it on a Dair note too, it would be suicide!

It seems like this interview is suicide too!

Comment by Vanillalatte86 – November 20, 2011 01:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dair FTW!!!

Comment by Serene – November 20, 2011 12:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I totally support Dair. I love Dan-Blair together.

Comment by Liz – November 20, 2011 12:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Aha! I hope its happy news for the Dair fans!

Comment by Rebecca – November 20, 2011 12:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just when I thought I couldn’t get less interested in GG this comes out. Here’s what will happen:
    Blair and Chuck have a moment but she runs off with “safe” Dan
    They have a “relationship” and Chuck finds out he was the baby’s dad. More obstacles and more OOC stupidity from the writers. You did it last year and the cycle repeats itself. Sadly,now you sacrifice Blair’s character. No thanks!

Comment by christine – November 20, 2011 12:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bland is awful! Chuck and Blair or I’ll forget GG ever existed

Comment by fulori – November 20, 2011 12:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh god. I am scared. These teasers are really very vague. I am just happy that Leighton likes working with Penn. I hope the 100th episode shows some Dair loving
    !

Comment by 4alison – November 20, 2011 12:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Penn and Leighton’s comments were general. Ed’s comments were more specific to the 100th. We already know we are getting Dair action soon: Like on Monday.

I think Chair is going to own the 100th.

Comment by Vanillalatte86 – November 20, 2011 12:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so curious about Dan’s role in the 100th episode!! I hope its not being Serena’s date or something. I want DAIR!!!

Comment by Sups – November 20, 2011 12:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dan is going to be the Maid of Honor

Hey, they said “unconventional”! ;-)

Comment by DJ Doena – November 20, 2011 12:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • With his hair, he could be a girl. I hate this article and apparently the show’s going to keep sucking. Chair is all I care about.

Comment by josie – November 20, 2011 12:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Penn is fugly. He looks like he’s growing a nest on his head for the pigeons to nest in. Another reason why Dair is so intolerable. Dan’s a douche bag. Hate that character to death. Blair better get her act together because Chuck is awesome and she looks like a complete fool

Comment by maggie – November 20, 2011 01:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • hahaha…love it! or maybe the driver odf the car that B will use to run away from the wedding….o_O!!!

Comment by myrel – November 20, 2011 01:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ban bites butt. Chuck and Blair should be together and these stupid obstacles need to stop. It’s killing the show and i don’t see a season 6 with these ratings.

Comment by joy – November 20, 2011 12:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They are doing a bad job selling the show to everyone.

I think it pretty safe to say that Chair will happen in the 100th and then in the end, hopefully more than just 3 episodes.

We always knew Dair was going to play itself out. They seem to be an obstacle not a destination. Leighton did say, She knows that everyone loves Chair together. To me she suggested that they will have a temporary parting and then get back together.

Also, they have hinted at Derena, and Blair and Serena on the show. Based on the their interviews, I would have never suspected Derena. That will come into play too.

Comment by Vanillalatte86 – November 20, 2011 01:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • They have certainly done their job if it was to make me stop caring.

Comment by Kristin – November 20, 2011 01:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I know! I don’t know what they are smoking!

Are they freaking serious?!

Comment by Vanillalatte86 – November 20, 2011 01:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • On a positive note, Two months ago Leighton appeared to be Team Blouis. Now Blouis is ending, so she isn’t Team Blouis any more. They are doing their Dair arc, so she seems to be Team Dair, she gave subtle hints to Team Chair and acknowledged that she knows that EVERYONE wants Chair. Give it sometime, when the show is ready to do Chair again, she will be Team Chair again.

Ed was the same way. When they were doing Cheva, Ed appeared to be TEAM Cheva. Then he became Team Chair again. Since Chuck doesn’t have any other love interests right now, He is still Team Chair.

They are TEAM what ever the show is going right now.

Your right. With ratings like these, it seems to be suicide.

Comment by Vanillalatte86 – November 20, 2011 01:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Echoing the sentiments of all the DAIR shippers – DARE TO DAIR.

Comment by Christina – November 20, 2011 12:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope GG gets canceled. It deserves it and in the end Chuck and Blair should be there before it’s canceled.

Comment by Josie – November 20, 2011 12:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sorry, I don’t like Dair. fine as friends but nothing more. Bye bye for awhile Gossip Girl. I want to see the Chair story not Gossip Garbage.

Comment by kelly – November 20, 2011 12:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t get DB, I never liked it ,and I’m never going to like it. CB are what is best for me as a viewer and I think I’m just going to quit watching.

Comment by kristin – November 20, 2011 01:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chuck and Blair the rest can go to hell.

Comment by mgold – November 20, 2011 01:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dan and Blair for the EPIC WIN!
    This will be the death of me. Thank you Leighton and Penn. Your the best!

Comment by Majiee – November 20, 2011 01:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I invested 5 years to see Blair look like a complete fool and turn into Serena? No thanks! I loved her with Chuck but now she’s a whiny brat and then you shove her on gross Dan. OMG, Gossipgirl is the worst show now and deserves to be made fun of.

Comment by shelley – November 20, 2011 01:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • DB
    DB
    DB
    DB
    DB

#I’m now dead #ThrowingUpRainbows

Comment by Mischa – November 20, 2011 01:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sick of “hanging in there”. Sick to death of it. You just hung yourself with this viewer when you aren’t putting Chuck and Blair back with each other. Good luck and I wish you all the ratings you are getting now. Oh, no,I wish you worse. How much worse can it get? It’s the worst scripted show on tv already…

Comment by tess – November 20, 2011 01:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The 100th looks terrible and so does the rest of the season. Get Chuck and Blair together and I might think differently. Until then screw it!

Comment by maggie – November 20, 2011 01:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is Blair supposed to look like a slut this year? Is she supposed to love 3 guys in 1 year? She used to be my favorite but that’s when I knew her heart and she didn’t hump every man in sight. Gossip Girl has ruined Blair Waldorf and ruined me viewing it.

Comment by Jenn – November 20, 2011 01:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Seriously Leighton? Just a couple of months ago she chose Chuck over all guys on the show. Now she is talking about Dan?? I think I am not going to trust any of this actors because they are clearly telling us what the producers want them to say. I don’t think she is a DB fan at all. And her talking like she would like to see Dan Blair is claerly a kind of relationship that has never been done on the show before. A unique one. An un requited one which will remain unrequited. I hope so!
    Chuck and Blair has to be endgame after all those torturing obstacles. we are seriously getting sick at this point, how could GG go more ridiculous.

Comment by Lorena – November 20, 2011 01:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dan is the most selfish,pathetic, worst,annoying and judgmental male character on this show(he even said in 5×04 that his character is the worst of all of them and not to mention call his self a judgmental d**k.)

Everybody says Serena doesn’t deserve Dan but what makes u think Dan deserve her?he always judged and never apreciated her and in 5×06 when she tried to do something for him. He treats her like crap. Dan brings out the worse in her. Yes Serena messes up a lot but I’m starting to like her now after she tried to do something that was not selfish for once she was putting Dan first and doesn’t appreciate it because he’s a jerk. So I guess this why he starts going for Blair now.

U see how when all Dan relationships fail he goes to Blair as a last resort? Serena needs to get over that loser. Dan has no respect for blairena’s friendship. Serena deserve a guy who is not obsessing over her best friend.like Blair said to Serena in 2×11 “a woman needs to be with a man who only thinks of her”.

Comment by Kendallf – November 20, 2011 01:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • DAIR IS ENDGAME.
    Penn and Leighton support it.
    GiGi is a movie about aplatonic relationship turning into a couple.
    ITS OVER WE WON !!!

Comment by dair forever – November 20, 2011 01:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You’re an idiot. Dair is NOT endgame. Leighton said nothing about them wanting to be together in the end. Dair fans are SO desperate, they’ll twist any words to support their ridiculous fandom. Get over the fact that CHAIR WILL be together in the end.

Comment by Pathetic – November 20, 2011 12:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hahaha! – that laugh goes to the Chair fans. Looks like we, dair shippers, share a nice big laugh. Oh my! What a lovely day.

Comment by Lil J – November 20, 2011 02:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They can go head in put DB together because that would be showing that the writers don’t care about the ratings anymore. I don’t want to watch this show anymore even if cb get back together because this dair crap is pissing me off and watch when they start to show a lot of dair in the future episodes and Dan confessing his pathetic feelings for Blair. The ratings are gonna drop because chair is the show and there fan base is way bigger than dair,serenate,derena,blouis and nair all put together.

Comment by Kendallf – November 20, 2011 02:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cant wait to hear “Dont wait” when they kiss in 100th episode…

Comment by DARE TO DAIR – November 20, 2011 02:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Everything is Dair and nothing hurts. Thanks for the scoops, Matt.

I’m just hoping the writers will take good care in writing dair as they’ve been doing. fingers crossed.

Comment by Meg – November 20, 2011 03:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s the only fear – that they will screw this up like they’ve screwed everything else. We can only hope that the fact it has had such a slow build will mean they write it well. Fingers crossed!

Comment by LOL – November 20, 2011 03:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LOL. Loving all the Chair shipper angst in this post. Anyway, DAIR FTW!

Comment by LOL – November 20, 2011 03:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • DAIR all the way! I am sick of Chair storylines. It’s getting really boring after 4 seasons of Chair. It’s over. Get over it! :)

Comment by Doug – November 20, 2011 03:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love you Leighton, of course she is enjoying the change, must be boring doing the same story over and over again. Interesting that when Penn gushes about Leighton its taken as he is bashing Blake, is Leighton bashing Ed? I’m not saying she is, just applying that logic.

Dair going to happen, its going to be amazing. Chair after the last episode is so old, boring, played out, over the top nonsense. More of that and it would be canceled. Dair is so fresh, sweet, honest, cute. Can’t wait!

Comment by Jeeves – November 20, 2011 04:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow. I have no more interest in this show. If all I am getting promised is Dan and Blair on my screen, I will just check out now. Here’s to hoping that Chuck at least gets an amazing romance! At least I will catch his scenes along the way once this final season is over.

Comment by Dani – November 20, 2011 04:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Leighton expresses her opinion and people thinks Dair is going to happen. Does Leighton write the show? When Chair were together in season 3 she wanted them to get married. Before this season started she thought Blair should be with the Prince.
    Actually on second thoughts maybe the writers should get her to write the show. Blair could have married Nate then Chuck then Louis then Dan and back to Chuck!! That is what I call fresh and interesting!

Comment by Soph – November 20, 2011 04:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Both Penn and Leighton want DAIR to happen <3

Come on GGWriters, just give us DAIR moments!

Comment by emily – November 20, 2011 04:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hopefully they leave all the Chuck and Blair stories behind beyond the 100th episode and end it peacefully like it did with Nate and Blair at the prom. It is getting painful to watch them together. I used to support them at one point but after I saw that last theater episode of the kiss there was nothing there. It reminded me of that story line when they first got together and he was pretending to cheat on her.. it was just more of the same old same old.

I am looking forward to story lines concerning Blair and Dan. This is something that hasn’t been done in the past years. So it is refreshing to watch them together. There is definitely a spark there.

Comment by Hojana – November 20, 2011 05:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My guess is that georgina meddled with blairs paternity test results (either to help or scheme) and that Dan is the real father. Georgina has the know how from when she did it to Dan with milo. remember how riled up Blair got about the kiss in dans book? I bet it was more than a kiss! The movie gigi is sort of based on high society man falling for lower society woman ie. Prince Louis & Blair but I think this episode might mean Blair (high society) & Dan (lower society). I could be way off base but its something that would make me gasp for sure.or its chucks. Or maybe she miscarries and seeks comfort in brooklyn with dan?

Comment by kristie – November 20, 2011 05:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chuck and Blair, Blair and Chuck. It’s the only reason I watch. No other characters on tv are more perfect for each other than those two. For me, Dan and Blair are only enjoyable as enemies.

Comment by Liam – November 20, 2011 05:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dair needs to happen! You can see in all of their scenes that Penn and Leighton really enjoy working together.

Comment by ann – November 20, 2011 05:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s so upsetting that they keep delaying Chuck and Blair! Constantly throwing more obstacles, pain and drama! If Chuck is growing, then Blair is messing up and it goes on and on. I get that’s how core couples are often written in soap-opera-ish type of shows but I wish the writers would put as much effort into writting couples than into delaying them! GG would be in a better place if that was the case! I want to see them together before the series finale. Sorry I don’t trust that there will be a season 6.

Comment by sugarnmilk – November 20, 2011 05:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am perfectly fine with Chuck and Blair ending up together, I mean I think we all know it’s most likely. However, I would loveeee to see Dan and Blair in a relationship in the meantime. They have amazing chemistry and so much in common. Also, I agree with a lot of posters here that the DB storyline is the only thing that’s fresh & hasn’t been played out already.

Comment by Hilary – November 20, 2011 06:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As a former Blair/Chuck fan, I have to say that relationship is beyond salvage now. The only chance at healthy, happy relationship for Blair now is with Dan. Dan and Blair are the only good thing left on GG.

Comment by Indie – November 20, 2011 06:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love both Dan and Blair but for different reasons and I think that both should be explored! I think that with Dan she can have this amazing friendship, like kindred spirts, they could truly become each others BF, that they have an understanding that they have with no one else, but Blair loves the UES princess life, and Dan still mocks it. Im not saying that people from different worlds can be together, but it cant happen when something is important to you have the other person mock it. or Dan becoming a Rufus 2.0, they are who they are and the beauty in their relationship is that contrast.

I really just don’t see Blair moving to Brooklyn With Chuck, yes they have a lot of turbulent history, but he is the one who really loves her, for who she is, even her darkest sides, and I think that they should end up together, if feel that at their core they are the most similar, they have the same wants, weaknesses and insecurities and that really makes them understand each other in a way no else would. I also love the exploration with Chuck and Dan, and think that this could really be an interesting spin on the Dan and Blair relationship. And for those want the writes to give Diar a chance, well I disagree, I think it would taint the magic that is Dair, and that is why I don’t want it to happen! I love their scenes together, but I hope the unexpected Dan twist is more like being Blairs maid of honor than whisking her away…

On that note, no mention of serena..as spoilers have said…100th is going back to the pilot and the Serna and Blair relationship, if it mirrors that maybe they are fighting and Dan becoming MOH is a possibility ;). Another thing that makes me worry is that their is little or no mention of Blairs baby, and that really makes me think! What could happen, I doubt that if the baby is really Louis, and that they don’t get married they will be splitting custody, I hope that this doesn’t cause baby drama in the future!

One thing we can all be sure on is, that as packed as this episode sounds, we won’t be finding out what is Blairs fate until the last few seconds of this episode, which will be left in a cliffhanger and lets see if we are lucky and don’t get another hiatus after that.

Comment by Dair and Chair Fan – November 20, 2011 06:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ed said the “horse part” isn’t happening. just the “HORSE PART”! CHAIR FTW!!!!

Comment by harum scarum – November 20, 2011 06:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chuck has changed and that is why he and Blair are ready to slowly take the steps of rekindling their love…,Dair? No way…i see them as only friends with a strong connection because of what they both have gone through….i think (although it is a bit weird) that Dan and Serena should really get back together sometime down the line in the season, and for good. Them and Chuck and Blair are the only couples in all 5 seasons that have had TRUE love, despite the ups and downs. I know many of you will dissagree with this whole comment, but I’m just saying my opinion, using some well-known facts. Sorry if i dissapoint anyone about who i want with who, but again, my opinion, my comment!

Comment by Isabel – November 20, 2011 06:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chair chair chair. Dan and Blair put me to sleep. chuck and Blair all the way.

Comment by chair – November 20, 2011 06:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yesss, no more of this stupid Dair stuff, Chair will ultimately overcome their obstacles, and like i said in my comment below, rekindle their TRUE love

Comment by Isabel – November 20, 2011 06:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ah. I just want DAIR

Comment by -Gia – November 20, 2011 06:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me too, sister.

Comment by Kush – November 20, 2011 07:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chair is making me yawn. Same re-hashed story line over and over and over and over. Please just end the suffering already and stop beating a dead horse.

Comment by Sara – November 20, 2011 07:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As a Chuck/Blair fan, I feel taken for granted. All I wanted was some care and respect shown to their romance. Obiously, too much to ask. I see no reason to watch the 100th or any more episodes. Hopefully, I can catch some good Chuck clips on the web. The few but powerful moments from Chuck have been the only thing worth tuning in for this season. Dan and Blair as anything more than friends translates to the destruction of the MOST important relationship on this show – Serena/Blair. I know that Dan has no respect for that friendship, but hoped Blair had gained some. I don’t think this show will be given the opportunity to undo all the damage coming down the pike with the abysmal ratings. Happy 100th!

Comment by Marie – November 20, 2011 08:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post