The TVLine-Up: TV Worth Watching This Friday

On TV this Friday: The Gifted Margo Martindale takes center stage, Chuck takes a business trip, CSI Jo gets a blast from her past, Fringe‘s fall finale, and more. As a supplement to TVLIne’s original feature stories, here are 12 other programs to keep on your radar.

8 pm A Gifted Man (CBS) | Rita’s surprise Thanksgiving reunion with her son is interrupted when he has a motorcycle accident, and it’s up to Michael to save him. Tom Wopat (Dukes of Hazzard) guest-stars as Rita’s husband.

8 pm Chuck (NBC) | Chuck and Sarah go undercover at a Buy More convention to hunt down an assassin whose target is the new Intersect; Jeff begins to show a very different side of himself.

8 pm Extreme Makeover: Home Edition (ABC) | The team helps out Dale and Ken Dunning, the founders of “Jusst Sooup,” 17 soup kitchens situated throughout Delaware. The Dunnings, with their son, have been living out of small rental home that doubles as a storage facility. I predict this to be a 4 Kleenex Episode.

Nikita Preview: Dillon Casey on Seducing Alex, Capturing Nikita and Fighting With Amanda

9 pm Fringe (Fox) | Fall finale: When a man mysteriously dies by an invisible force and his corpse rapidly turns ghostly white, the Fringe team finds evidence that links the predator to someone who passed away with an unknown genetic disorder. Meanwhile, Olivia suffers from migraines. (Is Excedrin a sponsor? Because that’d be rather cool.) Note: Because of that World Series preemption, this is not the intended fall finale; Joshua Jackson teased in this TVLine Q&A what/who it was originally supposed to be about.

9 pm Grimm (NBC) | After investigating a strange cluster of female deaths and disappearances, Nick sends Monroe undercover to sniff around (heh) a hypnotic suspect; a stranger looks to avenge the death of his friend at the hands of a Grimm, but he’ll first have to get past Captain Renard. (Get Grimm scoop!)

9 pm CSI: NY (CBS) | Jo comes face-to-face with John Curtis (Third Watch‘s Jason Wiles), the rape suspect she helped get acquitted years ago. In a nifty Once & Again reunion, Jeffrey Nordling guest-stars as a senator who never was happy with Jo’s actions back then.

9 pm Supernatural (The CW) | Sam, Dean and Bobby become hunters in the true sense of the word when they set up camp in a New Jersey (holler!) state park to track a creature that has been attacking people in the woods, and is rumored to be the real Jersey Devil. Meanwhile, Dean is thrilled to find a Biggerson’s restaurant in town, but is devastated to realize the eatery’s specialty may be making people crazy. (Get Supernatural scoop!)

9 pm Girls Who Like Boys Who Like Boys (Sundance) | Season 2 premiere: The series’ sophomore run turns its focus to women in Nashville, Tennessee whose BFFs are gay men.

TVLine Presents Your Guide to Fall Finale and Winter Return Dates

10 pm Blue Bloods (CBS) | When Henry suffers a heart attack, the Reagans brace for the possibility of losing their patriarch.

10 pm 20/20 (ABC) | Elizabeth Vargas interviews Salt Lake City’s Joe Darger and his (three!) wives — Alina, Vicki and Val — about their lifestyle, their faith, and their 24 (!!) children.

10 pm Boss (Starz) | When long-buried information resurfaces with the primary just around the corner, Kane and his camp pull out all the stops and battle the media to contain the situation.

10 pm Sanctuary (Syfy) | Magnus races to free an icebreaker trapped under mysterious circumstances.

Which of the above is must-see TV for you? And by all means, hit the Comments to offer tune-in suggestions of your own!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. xav says:

Grimm and maybe Sanctuary.

2. Annie says:

Freaking baseball disturbed Fringe finale >.> I don’t get how can people watch anything else other than Fringe.

• lee says:

I watched fringe was a huge fan for seasons 1+2 but the fake olivia stuff got on my nerves and I stopped on ep 3 of season 3 now with the whole peter doesn’t exist thing doubt I’ll watch it again

• Frank says:

same here Lee. I used to love Fringe but i lost interest in season 3 and after everything i read before the start of season 4 I have not bothered with this latest season at all.

3. kevin says:

CHUCK all the way and the Fall finale of FRINGE. Wonder how the freaky sci-fi series continues to end up being a spoiler ’til January.

4. Stormy says:

Girls who like boys etc. Truth to tell, if it wasn’t for the sexual orientation, most women would prefer gay men. They’re creative, witty and compassionate. You can talk to them, shop with them, decorate with them, cook with them, they get your moods, and don’t dismiss your ideas. What’s not to love? Give me an Adam Lambert instead of a Brad Cooper any day.

• Renee says:

Not me. I actually LIKE men. They are in general more easy going and far less bitchy and critical than women. To each their own.

• Tarc says:

Being both a manly man and homosexual, I completely agree with Stormy, as would my husband. A great many women would be happier with their gay and a vibrator.

• Jess says:

lol, I agree with Renee about the bitchy part, but not the generalization that all gay men are bitchy queens. I’m a huge proponent of gay rights and a huge fan of Adam and many other gay artists, but I can’t stand drama and girls OR GUYS who bring unnecessary drama to muck up their lives. Seriously, that’s why i don’t watch “reality” TV or have high-maintenance girlfriends. (not saying that all gay men are high-maintenance, but those in these “reality” shows are and they’re poor representations of the gay community as a whole. I hate the whole “I’m a d-lister/socialite and here’s my gay BFF accessory” crap).

5. Selen says:

Supernatural and Fringe. Yay for Fridays XD

6. Leeeleee says:

Fringe and Grimm. Supernatural hasn’t been must-see TV for me since season 5.

7. Samantha says:

‘Supernatural’ is one of the few truly excellent shows left on network TV. The writing and acting are both excellent (a true rarity). I might have given ‘Grimm’ more of a shot were it not in direct conflict – I liked the premiere episode somewhat.

8. Tape says:

Grimm! I’m actually obsessed. Haven’t been this captivated by a show since Battlestar Galactica…

9. Laur2222 says:

nothing thats interesting to me so ill prob watch the bones i missed yesterday if on demand has it. :)

10. Stal says:

CSI NY for me, cant wait

11. Bella says:

Chuck, Fringe (DVRing Supernatural and catching Grimm on On Demand), then Blue Bloods.

12. Sourabh says:

So this week we have Snooki on Supernatural?

13. opus says:

What is FOX planning to show on Friday nights next week and in December that they can’t show Fringe at least up until the truly planned “fall finale”? BOO FOX!!! Will watch CHUCK and FRINGE live and dvr A Gifted Man and Grimm.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

You want the FRINGE fall finale to air the night after Thanksgiving? And get, like, 27 viewers?

• opus says:

Excuse me Matt, but what a snide reply to my question? If next Friday is such a bad night, what about the first Friday in Decemeber? Why do we have to wait until January?

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

No snidery intended, just making sure you understood that wishing for a 11/25 FRINGE finale would not help the show. But yes, the first Friday in December would work… but alas is not meant to be :(

• Jess says:

It’s okay, matt. I agree with you about NOT airing Fringe on thanksgiving friday. I mean, that’s a terrible idea. But I could understand Opus’ frasturation! stupid baseball… don’t understand why they couldn’t air it in December… stupid fox…

14. Tater says:

Looks like another fantastic episode of CHUCK tonight. It should be a must-see.. :)

15. Girish says:

Supernatural and Fringe all the way! One of the few brilliant shows out there now.

16. Christine says:

Chuck and Fringe (darn you baseball!i don’t get to see the big baddie for the fall finale) all the way. I seriously love these shows and it’s totally worth my time watching these.

17. Bruno says:

Where’s Nikita?

18. Renee says:

I caught the first two episodes of Grimm online and I really enjoyed them. I’ve got to get caught up and actually watch this show. (Which almost guarantees cancellation.)

19. em says:

Chuck and Fringe. The reactions to the new side of Jeff was pretty funny last week, and watching Fringe is a no-brainer for me.

20. mm says:

Nikita is a must watch 4 me. This ep is going 2 b great.

21. Petra says:

I’ll watch Fringe live and uhhh nothing else…..

22. ali says:

Lets go Chuck and Fringe lets rule the night!!!!!!!!!

23. Justin says:

I’ll be watching Fringe, Nikita, Sanctuary, Grimm, Chuck, CSI: NY, and Blue Bloods. WOW! Fridays are busy for me now.

24. Sid says: