American Horror Story Exclusive First Look: Shocking Baby-Snatching Plot Hatched!

Get More: Exclusive, Scoop, Video

There are few things more entertaining than watching two incredibly gifted actresses attempt to out-crazy each other on camera.

Take, for example, the following first look clip from next Wednesday’s episode of FX’s American Horror Story, which finds two tormented and wholly unhinged souls — Lily Rabe’s Nora and Kate Mara’s Hayden — plotting a rather unorthodox kidnapping plot.

Consider yourself warned, Viv.

Loading video...

Comments (31)

• I love this show. Gets crazier and crazier.

But I think Constance could out-crazy both of them.

Comment by Jason – November 18, 2011 02:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG!

This show is insane!

Comment by JD – November 18, 2011 02:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • By far the best show of 2011. Everything on this show is crazy but so amazingly written

Comment by Chris – November 18, 2011 02:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show is so insane I wish it never ended. There is so much going on but it all mixes into each other

Comment by Mandi – November 18, 2011 03:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love, Love, LOVE this show!! So crazy and twisted.

Comment by Angel – November 18, 2011 03:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • All that it’s missing is a cackle and macabre laugh.

Comment by Michael Sacal – November 18, 2011 03:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait!

Comment by dee123 – November 18, 2011 03:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loooove this show! Any idea how many episodes the season has? I hope it’s more than 12 :-/

Comment by Dennis Sullivan – November 18, 2011 05:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s supposed to be 12 with the finale being 90 minutes long. With the popularity of this season, I believe next should have more.

Comment by S – November 18, 2011 10:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Best new show of 2011.

Comment by TobiasFünke – November 18, 2011 06:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ipad/iPhone friendly links….please!?!

Comment by Ericalee – November 18, 2011 06:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So, this means Jessica Lange will get all the supporting actor trophies next year, starting with the Golden Globes, right? I’m convinced

Comment by David Mello – November 18, 2011 07:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m convinced too!

Comment by DL – November 18, 2011 08:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesomeness! Creepy ghost plotting is for the win. And I’m so glad Kate Mara has gotten to stick around with the other corpses. ;)

Comment by DL – November 18, 2011 08:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I apologise since this is an old concern from the pilot. But, how on earth did Viv know she was pregnant so freakin’ fast? I’ve searched many forums and articles for an answer with no luck. Did I miss something? She did the deed and it literally seemed like the day later she knew. Anyone able to shed some light? Thanks.

Comment by Samm – November 18, 2011 10:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I figure it’s either because they failed to show time passing, or because it’s a magical freaking ghost baby.
      But maybe she just knew because she wanted Indian food.

Comment by Katelyn – November 19, 2011 12:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • About two month’s pass between the sex and the discovery of the pregnacy. Ryan Murphy’s exclusive interviews after every show on EW.com are really helpful in following what is going on, timelines and answers to questions you may be thinking. It’s really helpful. He has stated that Vivian’s pregnacy will go to nine months by the end of the season so there is a time jump between episodes that they don’t outright acknowledge. Hope this helps!

This show rocks! Love Tate (which makes me a little sick, I know).

Comment by catbean – November 19, 2011 08:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • As a female myself whose had babies, I almost always knew when I was pregnant, even very early on.

Comment by leahsodyssey – November 28, 2011 06:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hey fellow American Horror Story fans! Are you on Google plus? If so, please check out the +American Horror Story Circle and meet other fans of this amazing show! http://gplus.to/ahscircle

Comment by AHS Circle – November 19, 2011 03:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lily Rabe looks remarkably like a younger version of Julia Duffy (Newhart). Anyone else see this?

Comment by Niffer88 – November 19, 2011 06:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • So very much, yes. I found this post by doing a google search on the two of them to see if they were related!

Comment by Kelly – November 21, 2012 03:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes!!! She does favor Julia…a LOT! I have been wondering if anyone else saw the similarities. I actually thought at first it WAS Julia in the part, and wondered how she stayed so young looking. Lol You know they say everyone has a twin….well, those ladies could at least pass for sisters. Love this show! So scary!

Comment by Kelley68 – November 30, 2012 05:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • P.S.
        Lily Rabe is the daughter of Jill Clayburgh.

Comment by Sue Glut – December 10, 2012 10:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • totally, i had to check lily rabe’s birthdate to see if she was old enough to be the chick from newhart. Yes.

Sue, Skokie, IL

Comment by Sue Glut – December 10, 2012 10:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show is getting more and more insane each week. I’m not a big fan of horror shows but I don’t mind getting spooked for this. Can’t wait to see the big finale, it’s gonna be mind-blowing.

Comment by blahdeeblah – November 19, 2011 07:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If this is not the best show coming to tv in a long time, I dont know what is. Jessica Lange is so great, but she and Connie should be nominated for all awards out there!

Comment by nitemar – November 19, 2011 08:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show is amazing! The most inventive on tv since Lost.p

Comment by pria – November 19, 2011 10:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hayden, you crazy bitch…

I was so happy when she died, then the little whore came back.

Other than that, this episode looks great.

Comment by Katelyn – November 19, 2011 12:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this show! Very refreshing to have something original and on top of that well written! I always look forward to my Wednesday nights!!!

Comment by Eliza – November 20, 2011 10:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I swear, every time Hayden opens her mouth I hate her even more. But I can’t imagine the show without her.

Comment by Carly – November 22, 2011 01:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Nora, she reminds me so much of my aunts who would have thought it awful that they were polishing their own silver until the depression hit. They they took on that ‘hardship’. And defining themselves by their man’s accomplishments. I think Hayden is going to kill Ben.

Comment by Denise – November 23, 2011 03:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post