Alias' Vaughn Battles Lost's Sideways Sawyer in 'Law-Enforcement Crushes' Semifinals

The last of two Semifinal matchups in our Ultimate Law-Enforcement Crushes Bracket Tournament could alterately be called the Battle of the Sexy Blonde Stars of J.J. Abrams’ Former ABC Vehicles. Yes, folks, we’ve got Alias‘ Michael Vaughn facing Lost‘s Sideways Sawyer for a spot in the finale against the winner of the hotly contested Tony DiNozzo-Richard Castle bout that kicked off Thursday afternoon.

Castle Scoop: New, Heart-Breaking Crisis For Beckett

We’re expecting record voter turnout, so don’t delay in racing to the poll below, then alerting your friends and neighbors to do the same!

On Monday, we’ll launch the final face-off that will determine who is the Ultimate Law Enforcement Crush, so make sure the right choice is made by heading down to our poll to vote for your favorite (Semifinals voting will be open for 48 hours), and hit the comments to justify your picks.

NCIS Exclusive: [Spoiler] is Back From the ‘Dead’!

Eventually, our battle will boil down to a finale that pits the ultimate old-school crime-fighter against the ultimate modern-day hero. (Their female counterparts will have their turn starting next week.)

Oh, and if you’re interested in the match-ups we’ve got planned for the coming weeks, CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT THE ENTIRE 64-PLAYER BRACKET (then click again for a zoomed-in view), and sign up to follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV.

Now what are you waiting for? Vote!

Comments (49)

• This one was easy; Vaughn. The winner of this will lose to either Castle or DiNozzo though, hands down.

Comment by Danielle H – November 18, 2011 02:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You are right – whoever it is in this bracket will lose to Castle or DiNozzo. I voted Sawyer for this one.

Comment by Rowan – November 18, 2011 03:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Why??? Neither Castle or DiNozzo is half as gorgeous as Vaughn.

Comment by Leeza – November 20, 2011 07:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No way people! It’s Sawyer all the way! If only you’d used a shirtless picture, Josh Holloway would be way ahead

Comment by sash fan – November 18, 2011 03:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Michael Vartan as Vaughn is certainly very, very, very attractive, but Sawyer is, hands down, the sexier of the two, pure raw, sexiness!

Comment by Sexy Sawyer – November 19, 2011 08:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sawyer is the sexiest man alive, I don’t care what anybody says about that guy from “The Hangover.”

Comment by Betsy – November 19, 2011 08:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Now this is a tough one. But I adored Vaughn.

Comment by Renee – November 18, 2011 02:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s always gonna be Vaughn… He’s my favorite crime fighting guy on TV.

Comment by tvgeek – November 18, 2011 02:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved me some Vaughn but he is no match for Sawyer, sideways or anyway. Come on Sawyer fans!!!!

Comment by Genie – November 18, 2011 02:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Vaughn ! He was a big jerk to marry that Lauren (that’s why my vote will go the Castle), but this excepted, so very crushable !
    Sideways Sawyer doesn’t make much sense to me, that’s not the real Sawyer :)

Comment by Claire – November 18, 2011 03:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Come on, Lost was the more popular, recent show, so of course Sawyer will win (even though I certainly wouldn’t describe him as a ‘law-enforcement crush’)

Comment by Ella – November 18, 2011 03:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This is Sideways flash Sawyer. The one living the life he wanted while waiting for everyone on the island to die so they could all go to heaven together as a group, not Island Sawyer who was security for Dharma in the 1970′s.

Comment by Rowan – November 18, 2011 03:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Didn’t Sawyer become a security guard / law guy when he went back in time and joined the camp with the younger version of that guy from Person of Interest and shacked up with that gal from V. (my memory ain’t so hot nowadays)

Comment by Fido – November 19, 2011 02:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I lvoed Vaughn on Alias, but he doesn’t hold a candle to Sideways Sawyer. All the fun of regular Sawyer, but on the right side of the law. Go Team Sawyer!

Comment by Rowan – November 18, 2011 03:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Vaughn is THE most crushable and the just all around best CIA agent on TV ever. Sawyer wasn’t even CIA, Vaughn would have owned him any day! LOL In any case, always Vaughn. AND Lost derived from Alias so if anything… so the biggest and original, Alias, WINS! :D

Comment by aliasvaughn – November 18, 2011 03:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This was a tough choice. Those are two of my favorite tv men and I love them both dearly, but had to go with Sawyer on this one

Comment by Heather – November 18, 2011 03:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank the tv gods! people are actually realizing, SAWYER IS NOT ACTUALLY LAW ENFORCEMENT. (as much as I love the show, this was a cop out to include LOST. pun intended)
    Since Peter was edged out a while ago, (btw, wtf?) Vaughn for the win.

Comment by LU – November 18, 2011 04:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ah..but he was “law-enforcement” in the Sideways world, which is what the poll specifies. Unlike some other contestants *cough*Castle*cough*.

But apparently they think working with law enforcement is the same as being law enforcement.

Comment by Sam – November 18, 2011 06:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Castle is a civilian consultant. He solves murders. That’s more law enforcement that you have probably done.

Comment by Evelyn – November 18, 2011 07:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Even if I didn’t genuinely like Vaughn I would have voted for him just because ‘Sideways’ Sawyer feels like a giant cheat for a law-enforcement-crush tournament.

Comment by taylor – November 18, 2011 04:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will sit here and vote for Vaughn all day on principle (if not because I love him, cause I do) if I have to. DiNozzo and Vaughn are actually law enforcement. Castle and Sawyer in any way are not. If it’s Vaughn vs. Castle in the finals, then Vaughn has won by default.

Comment by Natalie – November 18, 2011 04:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You have a point with Sawyer (especially since the cop version of him was only a handful of episodes) but Castle is an official law enforcement consultant, so I think he counts. And sometimes he forgets he’s not a cop. Why can’t we? ;)

Comment by Becca – November 18, 2011 05:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Well said!

Comment by Adri – November 18, 2011 06:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Patrick Jane is a consultant, too. Dexter is a vigilante serial killer/forensics expert who works with cops, but isn’t *a* cop. Tangential ties are clearly all that are needed here. :-)

Comment by MelindaB – November 18, 2011 06:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve been dreading this one, but as much as I love Sawyer (and I mean looooooove Sawyer) Vaughn is the one character who can kill me with a look or smile.

Comment by Anne – November 18, 2011 06:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Four of my favorites characters ever, together in semi-finals? Everything is fine in the world!
    I voted for Sawyer, though.

Comment by Megan – November 18, 2011 07:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s what I was thinking! but I voted for Vaughn…

Comment by Liz – November 18, 2011 07:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Vaughan´s gonna win, rightfully so. He is a genuine law agent. But it was so nice to see alt Sawyer here… but I misssed Booth.

Comment by Megan – November 19, 2011 06:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t know how Sawyer counts as a “crime-fighter”, but no one from Numbers is included at all. FAIL, tvline.

Comment by Beth – November 18, 2011 11:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • MICHAEL SUMNER GEORGES VARTAN as MICHAEL CHRISTOPHER VAUGHN — Always, Forever & 1 Day…

Comment by Janet Cooper – November 19, 2011 12:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So funny..there are 26 comments here (so far) and over on the Tony vs. Castle page there are over 1000. :) Tony…Tony…Tony…Tony…!! :) :)

Comment by Kim R – November 19, 2011 05:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Vaughn!!!!! Wish alias was still on!!!! At least he is on Hawthorn

Comment by misty – November 19, 2011 06:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not anymore, Hawthorne was cancelled. Sorry :(

Comment by Deena – November 20, 2011 10:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Vaughn all the way. Huge alias fan!

Comment by Olive – November 19, 2011 07:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Come on, people, Sawyer for sure! Sideways, or any ways….

Then again, whoever wins this poll will lose to DiNozzo or Castle, no contest.

Comment by Blix – November 19, 2011 01:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Vaughn!! Then he can lose to Tony :)

Comment by sarah – November 19, 2011 02:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Haha, no way. Vaughn is going to kick DiNozzo’s butt.

Comment by Kaylee – November 19, 2011 03:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hey Sawyer fans….there are some yummy photos of Josh Holloway in the December issue of In Style magazine. Most definitely crush-worthy!

Comment by zaza – November 19, 2011 03:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What?! Vaughn is beating Sideways Sawyer? Blasphemy! Nothing beats that southern drawl and the dimples. Come on people. Vaughn had something, but still…he wasn’t nearly as interesting as troubled Sawyer.

Comment by Kathryn – November 19, 2011 08:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • VAUGHN was plenty troubled — In Season 3 he was betrrayed by his beeyitch of a murderous, cheating wife, whom he killed to save Sydney’s life…Then he was haunted by her memory and his guilt (I think burning his house down qualifies him for “troubled” status, and how about the scene where he’s forced to open her casket??) And in Season 5, he solves the mystery of his father’s disappearance and death, and is almost murdered himself…

Comment by Janet Cooper – November 20, 2011 04:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Don’t forget the Sawyer walk. Something about the way Josh Holloway moves always has me wishing he’s about to have a wardrobe malfunction!

Comment by Lily – November 19, 2011 09:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh, COME ON! This is a ridiculous poll! Who can possibly choose between two such amazingly beautiful men!?!

Comment by NCSouthernBelle – November 19, 2011 09:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gotta vote for Vaughn. The way he use to look at Sydney on Alias alone is worth my vote =)

Comment by Amy – November 19, 2011 11:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally agree Amy!! Though I will be voting DiNozzo in the finals!

Comment by Lily Grey – November 20, 2011 09:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • VAUGHN all the way!!
    wow, it might be DiNozzo versus Vaughn! I have no idea what I’ll do with myself! I might have to abstain from voting b/c I love both! Both totally sexy…DiNozzo a bit more fun, but definitely a DB. Vaughn is yummmmmmy, can speak to me in french, but maybe a little too serious. Oooh, plus, he is a super secret agent. Sexy Super Secret Agent versus Sexy Very Special Agent. This will be a toughy. Although again with DiNozzo being a bit of a DB, plus with his lifestyle, I wouldn’t be surprised if he wasn’t, uh, completely disease-free. ;). I think I just figured out how I’ll vote. lol

Comment by Kate – November 20, 2011 09:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • what do you mean by DB

Comment by blah! – November 21, 2011 08:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I think she means douche bag. And if she actually watched the show, Tony was never a douche bag. He matured so much this season. He might be annoying, but that’s what we love about him.

Comment by i love tony – November 21, 2011 10:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is hard, I love them both, but James is James! <3

Comment by Elizabeth Mitchell Fan Club – November 20, 2011 12:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Vaughn