Alias' Vaughn Battles Lost's Sideways Sawyer in 'Law-Enforcement Crushes' Semifinals

The last of two Semifinal matchups in our Ultimate Law-Enforcement Crushes Bracket Tournament could alterately be called the Battle of the Sexy Blonde Stars of J.J. Abrams’ Former ABC Vehicles. Yes, folks, we’ve got Alias‘ Michael Vaughn facing Lost‘s Sideways Sawyer for a spot in the finale against the winner of the hotly contested Tony DiNozzo-Richard Castle bout that kicked off Thursday afternoon.

Castle Scoop: New, Heart-Breaking Crisis For Beckett

We’re expecting record voter turnout, so don’t delay in racing to the poll below, then alerting your friends and neighbors to do the same!

On Monday, we’ll launch the final face-off that will determine who is the Ultimate Law Enforcement Crush, so make sure the right choice is made by heading down to our poll to vote for your favorite (Semifinals voting will be open for 48 hours), and hit the comments to justify your picks.

NCIS Exclusive: [Spoiler] is Back From the ‘Dead’!

Eventually, our battle will boil down to a finale that pits the ultimate old-school crime-fighter against the ultimate modern-day hero. (Their female counterparts will have their turn starting next week.)

Oh, and if you’re interested in the match-ups we’ve got planned for the coming weeks, CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT THE ENTIRE 64-PLAYER BRACKET (then click again for a zoomed-in view), and sign up to follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV.

Now what are you waiting for? Vote!

1. Danielle H says:

This one was easy; Vaughn. The winner of this will lose to either Castle or DiNozzo though, hands down.

2. Renee says:

Now this is a tough one. But I adored Vaughn.

3. tvgeek says:

It’s always gonna be Vaughn… He’s my favorite crime fighting guy on TV.

4. Genie says:

I loved me some Vaughn but he is no match for Sawyer, sideways or anyway. Come on Sawyer fans!!!!

5. Claire says:

Vaughn ! He was a big jerk to marry that Lauren (that’s why my vote will go the Castle), but this excepted, so very crushable !
    Sideways Sawyer doesn’t make much sense to me, that’s not the real Sawyer :)

6. Ella says:

Come on, Lost was the more popular, recent show, so of course Sawyer will win (even though I certainly wouldn’t describe him as a ‘law-enforcement crush’)

• Rowan says:

This is Sideways flash Sawyer. The one living the life he wanted while waiting for everyone on the island to die so they could all go to heaven together as a group, not Island Sawyer who was security for Dharma in the 1970’s.

• Fido says:

Didn’t Sawyer become a security guard / law guy when he went back in time and joined the camp with the younger version of that guy from Person of Interest and shacked up with that gal from V. (my memory ain’t so hot nowadays)

7. Rowan says:

I lvoed Vaughn on Alias, but he doesn’t hold a candle to Sideways Sawyer. All the fun of regular Sawyer, but on the right side of the law. Go Team Sawyer!

8. aliasvaughn says:

Vaughn is THE most crushable and the just all around best CIA agent on TV ever. Sawyer wasn’t even CIA, Vaughn would have owned him any day! LOL In any case, always Vaughn. AND Lost derived from Alias so if anything… so the biggest and original, Alias, WINS! :D

9. Heather says:

This was a tough choice. Those are two of my favorite tv men and I love them both dearly, but had to go with Sawyer on this one

10. LU says:

Thank the tv gods! people are actually realizing, SAWYER IS NOT ACTUALLY LAW ENFORCEMENT. (as much as I love the show, this was a cop out to include LOST. pun intended)
    Since Peter was edged out a while ago, (btw, wtf?) Vaughn for the win.

• Sam says:

Ah..but he was “law-enforcement” in the Sideways world, which is what the poll specifies. Unlike some other contestants *cough*Castle*cough*.

But apparently they think working with law enforcement is the same as being law enforcement.

11. taylor says:

Even if I didn’t genuinely like Vaughn I would have voted for him just because ‘Sideways’ Sawyer feels like a giant cheat for a law-enforcement-crush tournament.

12. Natalie says:

I will sit here and vote for Vaughn all day on principle (if not because I love him, cause I do) if I have to. DiNozzo and Vaughn are actually law enforcement. Castle and Sawyer in any way are not. If it’s Vaughn vs. Castle in the finals, then Vaughn has won by default.

• Becca says:

You have a point with Sawyer (especially since the cop version of him was only a handful of episodes) but Castle is an official law enforcement consultant, so I think he counts. And sometimes he forgets he’s not a cop. Why can’t we? ;)

13. Anne says:

I’ve been dreading this one, but as much as I love Sawyer (and I mean looooooove Sawyer) Vaughn is the one character who can kill me with a look or smile.

14. Megan says:

Four of my favorites characters ever, together in semi-finals? Everything is fine in the world!
    I voted for Sawyer, though.

15. Beth says:

I don’t know how Sawyer counts as a “crime-fighter”, but no one from Numbers is included at all. FAIL, tvline.

16. Janet Cooper says:

MICHAEL SUMNER GEORGES VARTAN as MICHAEL CHRISTOPHER VAUGHN — Always, Forever & 1 Day…

17. Kim R says:

So funny..there are 26 comments here (so far) and over on the Tony vs. Castle page there are over 1000. :) Tony…Tony…Tony…Tony…!! :) :)

18. misty says:

Love Vaughn!!!!! Wish alias was still on!!!! At least he is on Hawthorn

19. Olive says:

Vaughn all the way. Huge alias fan!

20. Blix says:

Come on, people, Sawyer for sure! Sideways, or any ways….

Then again, whoever wins this poll will lose to DiNozzo or Castle, no contest.

21. sarah says:

Vaughn!! Then he can lose to Tony :)

22. zaza says:

Hey Sawyer fans….there are some yummy photos of Josh Holloway in the December issue of In Style magazine. Most definitely crush-worthy!

23. Kathryn says:

What?! Vaughn is beating Sideways Sawyer? Blasphemy! Nothing beats that southern drawl and the dimples. Come on people. Vaughn had something, but still…he wasn’t nearly as interesting as troubled Sawyer.

• Janet Cooper says:

VAUGHN was plenty troubled — In Season 3 he was betrrayed by his beeyitch of a murderous, cheating wife, whom he killed to save Sydney’s life…Then he was haunted by her memory and his guilt (I think burning his house down qualifies him for “troubled” status, and how about the scene where he’s forced to open her casket??) And in Season 5, he solves the mystery of his father’s disappearance and death, and is almost murdered himself…

24. Lily says:

Don’t forget the Sawyer walk. Something about the way Josh Holloway moves always has me wishing he’s about to have a wardrobe malfunction!

25. NCSouthernBelle says:

Oh, COME ON! This is a ridiculous poll! Who can possibly choose between two such amazingly beautiful men!?!

26. Amy says:

Gotta vote for Vaughn. The way he use to look at Sydney on Alias alone is worth my vote =)

27. Kate says:

VAUGHN all the way!!
    wow, it might be DiNozzo versus Vaughn! I have no idea what I’ll do with myself! I might have to abstain from voting b/c I love both! Both totally sexy…DiNozzo a bit more fun, but definitely a DB. Vaughn is yummmmmmy, can speak to me in french, but maybe a little too serious. Oooh, plus, he is a super secret agent. Sexy Super Secret Agent versus Sexy Very Special Agent. This will be a toughy. Although again with DiNozzo being a bit of a DB, plus with his lifestyle, I wouldn’t be surprised if he wasn’t, uh, completely disease-free. ;). I think I just figured out how I’ll vote. lol

28. This is hard, I love them both, but James is James! <3