The TVLine-Up: TV Worth Watching This Thursday

On TV this Thursday: Big jealousy from Sheldon, a small idea from Leslie Knope, there’s something (destructive) about Amelia, The League tackles Turkey Day, and more. As a supplement to TVLIne’s original feature stories, here are 11 other programs to keep on your radar.

8 pm Regis Philbin: The Morning Maestro (ABC) In this 20/20 special, Katie Couric sits down for an interview with Reege, who’s retiring this Friday as cohost of Live With Regis and Kelly.

8 pm The Big Bang Theory (CBS) | Sheldon considers taking his relationship with Amy to the next level when Stuart from the comic book store asks her out on a date.

8:30 pm Parks and Recreation (NBC) | Leslie builds Indiana’s smallest park to serve as a tourist attraction/excuse to spend time with Ben; Chris tasks Tom and Jerry with redesigning the Parks and Rec logo.

8:30 pm Rules of Engagement (CBS) | Quick, watch, before it goes on hiatus in January! Jeff discovers (and makes much use of) a cell phone app that automatically sends his calls through to Audrey’s voicemail.

Community‘s Jim Rash Previews the Dean’s Big Hollywood Moment

9 pm Private Practice (ABC) | In this two-hour fall finale, Addison, Charlotte et al stage an intervention for a defensive Amelia, who resurfaces after a 12-day drug binge. Harsh words are hurled in all directions (Ask Ausiello gave you a tart taste), but eventually [SPOILER ALERT!] Amelia gets her ass to rehab, where she absorbs wisdom from an 18 year-old girl (Suite Life‘s Debby Ryan) as they each endure detox. Elsewhere, during the second hour: Cooper’s strengthening bond with his son is tested; Pete and Violet’s marriage reaches a tipping point; Addison collapses from her fertility treatments.

9 pm Bones (Fox) | When Morgan Fairchild guest-stars as the CEO of a toy company implicated in a murder, Brennan, wondering if she will be a good mother, uses the case to understand the importance of playing with her child. Sweets, with the support of Daisy, prepares for his gun certification test (watch video).

9 pm Person of Interest (CBS) Hi-tech meets old school when Reese and Finch discover that their latest POI has connections to Cold War Soviet espionage circles. Alan Dale (Lost), Annie Parisse (Unforgettable) and Aubrey Dollar (Guiding Light) guest-star.

9:30 pm Whitney (NBC) | When Alex’s childhood pooch passes on, Whitney suggests they adopt a dog together — only to butt heads with a strict pound owner (played by comedienne Lisa Lampanelli).

TVLine Presents Your Guide to Fall Finale and Winter Return Dates

10 pm The Mentalist (CBS) | To find the killer of an undercover narcotics cop, the CBI team retraces her investigation. Guest stars include Samaire Armstrong (Dirty Sexy Money), Dean Norris (Breaking Bad) and Kamar de los Reyes (One Life to Live, here playing — wait for it — a drug dealer named Vega).

10 pm Prime Suspect (NBC) | Quick, watch, before it goes bye-bye! Jane has a hard time convincing a young girl to speak with her about the man that murdered her parents.

10:30 pm The League (FX) At the gang’s Thanksgiving dinner, Andre’s sister (Sarah Silverman) is on the prowl, while Ruxin gets an unexpected visit from his dad (Jeff Goldblum).

Which of the above is must-see TV for you? And by all means, hit the Comments to offer tune-in suggestions of your own!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. maj says:

Private Practice has become one of the best dramas on TV. Excited for tonight! Caterina Scorsone is acting the sh”t out of this drug binge.

2. Fred says:

Where is Community? It is not cancelled yet, and there is a new episode. It needs our support now more than ever!

• Jessica says:

Fred, in the opening paragraph it is stated: “As a supplement to TVLIne’s original feature stories, here are 11 other programs to keep on your radar.” Between Rules of Engagement and Private Practice, a link to “Community‘s Jim Rash Previews the Dean’s Big Hollywood Moment” — a feature story.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Thanks for handling, Jessica – I was off-campus for a bit. For your trouble, you may collect 400 TVLine Power User Points, which alas are not redeemable for anything.

• LoveBug68 says:

Long Live Community! NBC really “Britta’d” this new lineup. GRRRRR! Seriously – Whitney is worth watching? Only if we are still torturing people at Gitmo!

• Jessica says:

Totally Britta’d it. And, at the risk of exposing myself to bodily harm and malicious insults, I actually enjoy Whitney for the most part. haha Of course, it could just be Chris D’Elia keeping me coming back (as I find some of the side characters bothersome). That said, if I had to choose between Community and Whitney, there’s absolutely no contest. Now that we’re in the darkest timeline due to this silly hiatus (announced on the same day Rob Schneider’s sitcom finds a slot; *sigh*), all of my avatars have transformed into EvilJessica (evil goatee and all).

• Magnitude says:

#sixseasonsandamovie………Pop Pop

• Carmanjello says:

If I die soon, will someone please stage my death to look like a suicide, caused by the unjust benching of Community?

3. Raksha says:

I do not understand why Community isnt here.

4. fernando says:

The only thing im watching is the 2 hour Private Practice.

5. Danny says:

I agree, Maj. Critics are irritating – “Private Practice” has some of the best female actors in television. Amy Brenneman is masterful, portraying Violet’s recovering from her brutal 2009 attack; KaDee Strickland’s mesmerizing turn as Charlotte was violently raped last season; and now Caterina Scorsone, digging into her soul to show Amelia’s drug-addled breakdown. Great stuff!

6. Renee says:

Can’t wait for Person Of Interest. I have yet to understand why CBS chose to air a rerun during sweeps. Anybody clue me in?

7. Amanda says:

yes! charles widmore and benjamin linus together again on tv!

8. merhammer says:

Where’s the love for Burn Notice?!?!

9. Steve says:

I know it has already been featured in another article on this site but Community needs all the exposure it can get right now. Long live Community! SIX SEASONS AND A MOVIE!

10. L'il Sebastian says:

So excited about Parks & Rec! The best show on tv! I love Ben & Leslie! I hope Jean Ralphio makes a come back, I love his douchetastic ways! The Littelest Park sounds like it is going to be equal parts hilarious and heart breaking.

11. I agree that it’s misleading to see a show not listed in the traditional format, especially one like Community, where we just got the unfortunate hiatus news. The link is fine and dandy, but it’s confusing. I think listing those sorts of entries like the others and then linking the title to the article would be more uniform.

As for me, I’ll be watching Community and The Big Bang Theory tonight, since there’s no Vampire Diaries.

12. Alicia says:

Glad to see some “The League” love. One of the best comedies on TV!

• Erin says:

Agreed! The League is pretty much the only show that makes me laugh out loud every week. And Jeff Goldblum as Ruxin’s dad? LOVE IT!!!

13. Joanna says:

The Regis Philbin interview might have been interesting but with Katie Couric in it I’ll have to pass.

14. kevin says:

PERSON OF INTEREST and THE MENTALIST. Done with PRIME SUSPECT before the series is over and with CHARLIE’S ANGELS gone for good since last week’s emotional end, ABC still has to find a replacement for the 8 p.m. Thursday night timeslot. Any suggestions?

15. John Berggren says:

Community is the bomb, yo!

16. Lisa says:

Parks & Rec
    Burn Notice

17. GK says:

No Vampire Diaries for another 2 months. That sucks. But the best new show this fall – Person of Interest is back! That and Mentalist should be enough for today.

18. Laur2222 says:

Big Bang–cause i love that show..its funny
    Private Practice– looks amazing and emotional just from the previews. can’t wait!

Watch on demand when it finally gets it:
    Bones– new love

19. Kenny says:

No new Grey’s until January. Probably Mentalist and/or Bones it is.

20. Justin says:

I’ll be watching Bones, Burn Notice, Parks and Recreation, The Office, Prime Suspect, Person of Interest, and The Big Bang Theory. Man, Thursdays are busy for me!

21. Juan says:

Private Practice is gonna be amazing, too bad that Grey’s had to go on hiatus till Jan. but this will make up for it.

22. kevin says:

Any suggestions on which ABC series will replace CHARLIE’S ANGELS in the 8 p.m. Thursday night timeslot?

23. Diane says:

Judging from the preview clips, Bones looks hilarious tonight. I will definitely be watching that. I’m ready for some Big Bang Theory as well. I’ve got my Bazinga t-shirt on in anticipation.

24. Tater says:

Hey Community fans what do you all think about a Community fans/Chuck fans unite campaign where Chuck fans watch Community on thursdays and Community fans watch Chuck on Fridays…Now I know we can’t save Chuck (on NBC anyway) but we can still rescue Community, and hopefully get Chuck it’s 9 more episodes to get it to 100..Plus each show would get more viewers increasing dvd sales of both.I really think this idea could work…Could possibly even add other shows too as long as they air at seperate times/or nights of the week…So what do you guys think?? #CommunitySixSeasonsAndAMovie + CHUCK100EpisodesAndAMovie