Kinnear will play Phil Dunphy’s new business partner Tad, EW.com reports. Phil is very impressed by the successful and athletic real estate broker. Claire? Not so much.
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• NBC is hosting a party in honor of Betty White’s 90th birthday! But don’t fret if you didn’t get an invite. The network plans to air the dinner-style event as a special around the time of the Golden Girl’s birthday on January 17, 2012, TV Guide Magazine reports.
• Joy Behar has decided to leave her HLN show at the end of the year, our sister site Deadline reports. Behar will continue her co-hosting duties on The View.
• Showtime will debut Inside Comedy on Jan. 26 at 11/10c. The documentary series, produced by David Steinberg (Curb Your Enthusiasm) and Steve Carell (The Office), will feature Steinberg interviewing comedians like Chris Rock, Ellen DeGeneres, Jerry Seinfeld, Mel Brooks, Don Rickles and Jonathan Winters.
• 3rd Rock From the Sun and Saturday Night Live vet Jane Curtin is taking a detour from comedy, joining CBS’ freshman drama Unforgettable as a series regular, per Deadline. Curtin will play an acerbic inspector from the Manhattan Medical Examiner’s office who has been demoted to Queens PD. Meanwhile, according to EW.com, fellow SNL alum Nora Dunn has landed a guest spot on ABC’s upcoming new comedy Don’t Trust the B—- in Apartment 23 as a tough businesswoman who hires Dreama Walker’s recent New York City transplant, June.
• Michael J. Fox’s two moms are about to meet. Meredith Baxter will guest star as the mother of Lea Thompson’s character on ABC Family’s Switched at Birth, per TVGuide.com. As you might remember, Baxter and Thompson have both played mom to Fox in Family Ties and Back to the Future, respectively.
• Seinfeld‘s Estelle Harris and frequent Chelsea Lately roundtable guest Natasha Leggero have been tapped for multi-episode arcs on NBC’s new comedy Are You There, Chelsea?, TVGuide.com reports.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?