'Law-Enforcement Crushes' Semifinal: NCIS' DiNozzo Vs. Castle's Castle! Vote Now!

Welcome to the first of two Semifinal matchups in our Ultimate Law-Enforcement Crushes Bracket Tournament — where NCIS‘ Tony DiNozzo will do battle with Castle‘s Richard Castle for a coveted spot in our Finals.

Castle Scoop: New, Heart-Breaking Crisis For Beckett

We’re expecting record voter turnout, so don’t delay in racing to the poll below, then alerting your friends and neighbors to do the same!

On Friday, we’ll launch the second semifinal face-off that will test the strength of your respective character crushes, and on Monday, we’ll launch the final showdown. So make sure the right choice is made by heading down to our polls to vote for your favorites (Semifinals voting will be open for 48 hours), and hit the comments to justify your picks.

NCIS Exclusive: [Spoiler] is Back From the ‘Dead’!

Eventually, our battle will boil down to a finale that pits the ultimate old-school crime-fighter against the ultimate modern-day hero. (Their female counterparts will have their turn later this month.)

Oh, and if you’re interested in the match-ups we’ve got planned for the coming weeks, CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT THE ENTIRE 64-PLAYER BRACKET (then click again for a zoomed-in view), and sign up to follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV.

Now what are you waiting for? Vote!

1. Beth says:

Gross – who is that guy? All I know is that Castle beats him by a country mile! What is wrong with all of you people?!?!

2. alice says:

what about sean from Psych? is he in the running?

3. KaeT says:

I don’t watch Castle, at all, never had any desire to. I never saw Firefly either. The last thing I ever saw Nathan Fillion in was in Buffy the Vampire Slayer where he played an evil priest. And even then, back in 2003, I didn’t think he was all that attractive, and I don’t know Castle to know what his personality is like.

On the other hand, Tony DiNozzo is without a doubt my favorite character on NCIS, he’s also my background picture on my desktop. He’s ridiculously gorgeous, and sometimes it’s like he gets hotter as he gets older. That’s why he’s on my desktop, but he’s my favorite character because of his personality. For people who hate his character for whatever reason, I’m sorry. I love his personality, his attitude. But I think what I love most about him is his strength. True, he’s not as great of a fighter as Gibbs or Ziva, but that doesn’t mean he isn’t strong. I mean, if you think about it, he’s been kidnapped, beaten, tortured, given the plague, watched his partner and friend shot in front of, had her blood sprayed on his face, his old partner betrayed him, he was used by the Director and almost got blown up, twice. The first time he almost got blown up was by saving his team. He was still recovering from the freaking plague, but he still put his team’s lives above his own. More importantly, despite everything he’s been through, he can still smile. He never stopped laughing, joking, what he’s been through would break most people, but it didn’t break him. He’s not perfect, and I like that about him. I don’t like perfect, perfect’s boring, I also don’t believe that it exists. But he is dang close in my book.

Like I said, I’m not familiar with Castle, so I don’t know the character, but I know Tony, and he gets my vote every day of the week. He deserves this.

• NCISDar says:

Agreed! You make a great case for Tony! Couldn’t have said it better. Thank you!

• NoChance says:

Great summation, KaeT.
      Left out one little thing. When his current female teammate assaulted him he didn’t hit her back and didn’t rat her out to Gibbs. Instead he came up with a plan to avenge her supposed death.

Also: threw his plagued scared lung self (twice) into a filthy bay to rescue Gibbs and Gibbs daughter’s friend Maddie and risked his own life to save others.

Loyalty IS sexy.

• KaeT says:

You make a good point, I completely forgot about Requiem, I don’t know how I did that, it’s one of my favorite episodes. But you’re right, loyalty and badass-ness is very sexy.

4. Michelle |eskin says:

DiNozzo all the way!!!! Gibbs is second…..:-)

5. carla says:

DiNozzo is the bomb. All the way. lets go DiNozzo. You are my favorite.

6. Lesli Macleod says:

Dinozzo all the way x

7. Pona says:

Dinozzo baby!!!!

8. sandra says:

Dinozzo!!

9. Lorna Drinkall says:

Liked Mark Harmon since the 80’s, but Michael Weatherly is hot also, so dinozzo has my vote!

10. Sam says:

DiNozzo (if I can’t have Gibbs)

11. Jean De Bruin says:

Ncis kick ass and hole team is awsome and they wil win any compettions that there is

12. lora robinson says:

ok, DiNozzo you win! But my favorite is, “lil” Mr. (Bow tie) wearing, gut cutting, and an answer for everything! MAN, DUCKY! BUT NOTHING BEATS ANY EPISODE OF NCIS EVER!!! ‘NCIS IS THE BEST!’ Its is funny DiNozzo when Kate and Ziva both call you bluff……how tough are you? But you WIN OVER THAT CASTLE CRAP STUFF!!!! TAKE IT OFF AND REPLACE IT WITH SOME MORE NCIS!!!!!

13. Roberta says:

I vote Tony to be the best.

14. lou says:

dinozzo!!!<3
    NCIS for ever !!
    ;)

15. momo says:

kkkoh sorry about that i like castle batter than Dinozzo TT

16. Gloria johnson says:

Tony is my first honey, hands down. Though Castle is adorable in his own way, Tony is “everything”!! So I pick Tony.

17. Pl says:

Di Nozzo !!!!!!!
    Vive NCIS!!!!

18. Silver says:

Tony all the way!

For those who see Tony as nothing but an overgrown frat boy, you clearly don’t look any further than the “class clown” mask some of his team mates don’t even bother to look beyond.

Can Tony be obnoxious? Sure, but he’s also the one who has been there for his team time and time again, at the risk of being used as a pawn and that loyalty taken advantage of. Can Tony be a goofball? Sure, but he’s also insightful and makes the instinctual deductive leaps of logic and reasoning that make a natural-born investigator. Can Tony be silly? Sure, but he’s also d@mn dedicated to his job and his team and his Boss.

Besides, Castle isn’t even IN law enforcement….

19. Alexis Castle says:

Richard Castle
    dad I voted for you, you owe me a buks

20. Kate says:

i watch NCIS, had done for years; but for me, DiNozzo just does not do it. its more then one thing. he still acts like a frat boy half the time, he is still disrespectful to women, treats them like things, not humans; he expects to be fit and healthy and chase after suspects, but he always seems to eat junk food and take out; he is rude to McGee and not just in a friendly manor; he pushes the blame off onto others; butts into every ones personal lives; over shares about his personal life, and his mind is always in the gutter. i mean come on,they had him fantasize Kate in a slut*y outfit in Kill Ari!; then pretend he was having phone sex. half the time, he has no respect for others; and is rude to others from other agencies and such.

now, i am not saying Castle is a poster child of perfect, he has his shares of shameful moments that make you want to slap him; but he has grown up; he is no longer a man child, he is now responsible, loyal, caring, and willing to kill for Kate if need be.

so for this one, Castle is getting my vote all the way!!

21. Pauline Campbell Ratliff says:

DiNozzo by a mile

22. Phoebe says:

I voted for Castle. It’s not because I don’t like Tony or think he’s good looking, because he is. I love NCIS! But I love Castle more. It’s not that I hate Tony and NCIS and I won’t bash that fandom, because I’m a part of both. I feel included within the Castle fandom and it isn’t the worst fandom. We are like a family, always.
    The NCIS fandom, I bet it a great fandom. I am not as included within that one so I cannot judge any of you that are. I won’t judge NCIS fans on comments on this poll, and I won’t hassle anyone because I voted for Castle and not DiNozzo.
    I love NCIS. It is one of my favourite shows. The thing is, Castle is my favourite. I’m not going to badger people because they voted for Tony, because it’s their vote and their right to vote for who they like. If I could, I would have voted for both. We can only vote once, so I don’t know why people are still on here ‘arguing’ over two fictional characters that may or may not win this round. There is a 50/50 chance either could go through and I don’t care which one goes through.
    I want to see people getting along, not arguing over this stupid poll because they don’t want the other to win.
    I’m not going to say Castle FTW or Tony FTW. I don’t care who wins. It’s an internet poll and whoever wins, kudos to them. But this “arguing” people are doing, is pointless and immature.
    Just vote for who you want to win and then we’ll see who wins. If it’s Tony, well done. If it’s Castle, well done to him to.
    Nathan and Michael may be asking people to vote for them, or they might not, I don’t know, but that shouldn’t influence anything. It didn’t influence my vote or anything. I voted for who I liked the most out of the two. It was a close call, but I did it. You should do the same, stop arguing and wait till the poll is over to see who won.
    I’m going to go now, because I’ve cast my vote and I’ve written my opinion. So, bye.

23. Norma says:

Dinozzo is the sexiest hands down

24. Josue Araujo says:

DiNozzo good luck man. but you don’t need it. see if you can talk about this in one episode of NCIS.Continue to be what you are.
    Josue-Portugal

25. shirley says:

It’s Denozo every time. Without him, NCIS would have a huge void to fill

26. jacquie says:

Both good but di nozo wins by a few lbs.

27. claire taylor says:

Gibbs then dinozzo

28. Sherry green says:

All the way DiNozzo

29. BEVERLY says:

Tony all the way he is so sexy!!!

30. Sylvia says:

Great show NCIS. The chemistry of all the characters is a never-before experience. DeNozzo makes my day! Harmon is excellent. Women are great also. The show is perfect for family viewing.

31. Sarah Fowler says:

Castle!!!!!!!!!!

32. James says:

did you drop tony I will stop watching my family will stop watching ncis we watch it every tuesday like religion

33. Robert Santos says:

NCIS all the way.

34. S_S_S says:

NATHAN NATHAN NATHAN COME ON!!!!!!!!!

35. Tara B says:

DiNozzo is the sexiest one hands down

36. Mysteryfan247 says:

DiNozzo!!!!!

(i like castle but Tony is my favorite)

37. Meghan says:

I love Tony!

38. Michelle Miller says:

Dinizzo without a DOUBT!!! Tony makes me smile ,laugh and explain things to Ziva so great I almost thank him because i forget the correst little jigs to….. 100% Dinizzo withput a doubt as well as Gibbs, Megee ,Ducky,& Abby!!!

39. Nancy Valdez says:

NCIS all tne way the D man for sure

40. Kaula says:

DiNozzo def wouldn’t mind McGee either!!! They are all hot on that NCIS team…very yummy!!!

41. Deia says:

Gibbs, that man is like wine… The older the better lol. Dinosso in the other hand still a sexy very manwhore…

42. deia says:

Gibbs number uno…
    McGee #2
    Dinosso #3
    They all hot…

43. Cat says:

Definitely DiNozzo !!

44. Yvonne says:

DiNozzo all the way!

45. rosann says:

I don’t watch Castle and I do love me some Tony but that is the most awesome description ever LOL. I am so using that for everything!

46. Kim R says:

Tony is the best mix of everything in his character. He is goofy, a joker & comes off as a little shallow but we how KNOW Tony :) understand that it is part of his “act”. He is deep, loyal, protective, brave & most willing to lay down his life for his friends. AND he is sexy, warm & looks like a great kisser to me! :) I think Tony is a great combo of it all.
    Castle is great as well, but technically he is not in law enforcement (he carries no gun etc.) & well, frankly, he’s not Tony. :)

47. Kat says:

Only one choice – DiNozzo. If he can survive the plague, how could he lose to an opponent that has limited movie trivia knowledge:~)