CBS Renews Survivor For 2012-13 Season

Get More: News, Reality TV, Renewals

The Eye has spoken, and it wants more Survivor.

CBS has ordered two more cycles (No. 25 and 26) of its long-running reality franchise to air during the 2012-13 season.

Jeff Probst, whose syndicated talk show launches next fall, will continue as host.

Despite its age, Survivor remains a reliable performer for CBS. Its current 23rd edition has been averaging 12.2 million viewers and ranks as TV’s No. 2 non-scripted series in adults 18-49.

“I am thrilled to continue working on the longest-running reality competition show with the world’s greatest adventure crew for two more seasons,” said Probst in a statement. “We are so thankful for the supportive fans who remain with us every season, and we promise to deliver another year of quality television.”

Meanwhile, the 24th edition will premiere Wednesday, Feb. 15 at 8/7c.

Comments (32)

• Yay!

Comment by Ben – November 17, 2011 10:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Bring back Boston Rob!

Comment by Amber – November 17, 2011 12:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • For a fifth time?

Comment by Rolfe – November 17, 2011 09:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • BOSTON BOB IS LIGHT WEIGHT…ALOHA MRBEAUTEA

Comment by BOBBY T. – August 20, 2012 04:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What a total waste of CBS’ time. SURVIVOR continues to be a real snooze – fest and blame it on the Eye network success.

Comment by kevin – November 17, 2011 10:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree…this show is past it’s prime…Seriously, does anyone really watch this crap anymore?

Comment by Jake – November 17, 2011 02:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • lazy troll is lazy

Comment by zt – November 18, 2011 10:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Oh course people are still watching, it’s a great show and I am pretty sure it is rank #2 in the reality shows.

Comment by Brenda – August 25, 2012 09:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Are you kidding. Survivor is not a snooze. I have watched very season of Survivor and one thing is certain, it is an experience of a lifetime for those who participate. To many reality shows have come and gone. Maybe for the odd person they won’t find it interesting. But for the masses, apparently it is.

Comment by Dale – July 25, 2012 12:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hey kevin. stop being so biased! Survivor 4 life!

Comment by jmg – November 17, 2011 10:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Who cares? SURVIVOR getting renewed is still an “after thought”.

Comment by kevin – November 17, 2011 11:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • If it’s an afterthought, why is it renewed through 3 more seasons already?

Comment by Ben – November 17, 2011 12:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great news, but someone should really let them know that Redemption Island is getting annoying. Just go back to how it was. And bring back ONLY new people, no “2 returning players”.

Comment by Ivet – November 17, 2011 11:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, especially since it’s so obviously rigged.

Comment by John – November 17, 2011 11:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Its never been rigged and never will be I think that anything you say that is rigged is sometype of singing show out there called American Idol that is what is rigged this show In my opinion has never been rigged when the cast members are again like I have said the one that chooses the soul winner of the game moron

Comment by Ralph – December 16, 2011 05:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Although there is no official announcement and I have no intention of being spoilery, I do believe the next season will not have the Redemption Island feature. And I would prefer that from now on seasons stuck to either all new or all returning players. Just a couple of returning players stacks the deck.

Comment by Ben – November 17, 2011 12:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I know how SURVIVOR is like 2000 all over again and the real reason it got renewed is because the same way I felt about this Jeff Probst hosted reality competition when it becomes like the Energizer bunny and CBS, Les Moonves and Mark Burnett can keep going and going and going and going about all this.

Comment by kevin – November 17, 2011 02:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t care….. I love this show and I love that Boston Rob showed them all how to play!

Comment by Ellen – November 17, 2011 03:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He really didn’t. He just lucked out by coming back to a season full of people who had no idea how to play the game, and were star struck by him and decided to follow him around instead of actually playing for themselves.

Comment by tripoli – November 17, 2011 03:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • YOUR 100% ON THE MONEY WITH YOUR REPLY. IT’S ANYBODYS GAME. YOU GOT TO
        PLAY IT TO WIN. BE A LEADER “NOT A FOLLOWER. Take command,and give it 110%PERIOD.

Comment by BOBBY T. – August 20, 2012 04:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay! This is my favorite show! This is a great season too!

Comment by kat – November 17, 2011 09:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As someone who has worked on the show I can tell you categorically that the show is not rigged. It’s actually a lot tougher than it looks and cudos to those who go out and survive in very hard conditions not to mention the social interaction side of it as well. Think about how you would go living in the wild, no toilets and bathrooms, no soap, little food and physical challenges desingned to wear you down only to return to your makeshift camp and put up with other anoying people and then sleep on the ground. Its great news for the crew who are always left hanging/wondering/hoping that another season will come along and keep them employed for another 4 or 5 months.Good luck with S24/25

Comment by bebop – December 13, 2011 03:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hey how is it rigged if the people decide in the cast who wins the million you are typical idiot that needs to learn what it is.

Comment by Ralph – December 16, 2011 05:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fix the Fantasy Game. Coverage was bad this Time. Fix it or drop it.

Comment by JGOF07 – December 19, 2011 06:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Survivor is still a great show, but Redemption Island needs to go. Once a player has been voted out, there should be no chance to get back into the game. Make it true Survivor. No rewards of a big meal, just flint and steel.

Comment by Mrdew67 – December 19, 2011 05:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NO RETURNING PLAYERS !!!!

Comment by Kev – December 21, 2011 10:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m a loyal viewer. No redemption Island, no returning survivors,
    and a wider variety of challenges. Waiting to see where this season will be.

Comment by Tim F. – December 28, 2011 08:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • please bring back the survivor auction

Comment by mackenzie – December 31, 2011 07:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LOOK’EN FORWARD TO RUMBLE IN YOUR JUNGLE. GOOGLE MrBEAUTEA. THIS
    GUY IS DEAD SERIOUS. WOW

Comment by ROB ERT TACKMANN – August 17, 2012 03:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Have loved survivor since season one. I am greatful they keep deciding to keep it on. I could watch survivor for the next 25 seasons. Best television in history in my opinion. GREAT JOB CBS!!!!!!

Comment by James Hystad – September 9, 2012 08:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I WENT TO THE OPEN CASTING CALL JUNE 17TH IN HAWAII,AND I PUT IN A AUDITION VIDEO TO SURVIVOR ON LINE. IT’S ON YOUTUBE UNDER MrBEAUTEA
      RUMBLE IN YOUR JUNGLE. CHECKOUT YOUR COMPETITION BOYS & GIRLS
      I’M 100% VERY REAL,FOCUSED& READY TO RUMBLE IN YOUR JUNGLE BABY.
      ALOHA BEAU T.

Comment by ROBERT BEAU T. TACKMANN – September 10, 2012 12:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • With havin so much written content do you ever run into any issues of plagorism or copyright
    infringement? My website has a lot of unique content I’ve either written myself or outsourced but it appears a lot of it is popping it up all over the web without my agreement.

Do you know any methods to help protect against content from being stolen?
    I’d definitely appreciate it.

Comment by Tours News – September 26, 2013 05:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post