CBS Renews Survivor For 2012-13 Season

The Eye has spoken, and it wants more Survivor.

CBS has ordered two more cycles (No. 25 and 26) of its long-running reality franchise to air during the 2012-13 season.

Jeff Probst, whose syndicated talk show launches next fall, will continue as host.

Despite its age, Survivor remains a reliable performer for CBS. Its current 23rd edition has been averaging 12.2 million viewers and ranks as TV’s No. 2 non-scripted series in adults 18-49.

“I am thrilled to continue working on the longest-running reality competition show with the world’s greatest adventure crew for two more seasons,” said Probst in a statement. “We are so thankful for the supportive fans who remain with us every season, and we promise to deliver another year of quality television.”

Meanwhile, the 24th edition will premiere Wednesday, Feb. 15 at 8/7c.

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: News, Reality TV, Renewals

1. kevin says:

What a total waste of CBS’ time. SURVIVOR continues to be a real snooze – fest and blame it on the Eye network success.

• Jake says:

I agree…this show is past it’s prime…Seriously, does anyone really watch this crap anymore?

• Dale says:

Are you kidding. Survivor is not a snooze. I have watched very season of Survivor and one thing is certain, it is an experience of a lifetime for those who participate. To many reality shows have come and gone. Maybe for the odd person they won’t find it interesting. But for the masses, apparently it is.

2. jmg says:

Hey kevin. stop being so biased! Survivor 4 life!

3. Ivet says:

Great news, but someone should really let them know that Redemption Island is getting annoying. Just go back to how it was. And bring back ONLY new people, no “2 returning players”.

• John says:

Yeah, especially since it’s so obviously rigged.

• Ralph says:

Its never been rigged and never will be I think that anything you say that is rigged is sometype of singing show out there called American Idol that is what is rigged this show In my opinion has never been rigged when the cast members are again like I have said the one that chooses the soul winner of the game moron

• Ben says:

Although there is no official announcement and I have no intention of being spoilery, I do believe the next season will not have the Redemption Island feature. And I would prefer that from now on seasons stuck to either all new or all returning players. Just a couple of returning players stacks the deck.

4. kevin says:

I know how SURVIVOR is like 2000 all over again and the real reason it got renewed is because the same way I felt about this Jeff Probst hosted reality competition when it becomes like the Energizer bunny and CBS, Les Moonves and Mark Burnett can keep going and going and going and going about all this.

5. Ellen says:

I don’t care….. I love this show and I love that Boston Rob showed them all how to play!

• tripoli says:

He really didn’t. He just lucked out by coming back to a season full of people who had no idea how to play the game, and were star struck by him and decided to follow him around instead of actually playing for themselves.

• BOBBY T. says:

YOUR 100% ON THE MONEY WITH YOUR REPLY. IT’S ANYBODYS GAME. YOU GOT TO
        PLAY IT TO WIN. BE A LEADER “NOT A FOLLOWER. Take command,and give it 110%PERIOD.

6. kat says:

Yay! This is my favorite show! This is a great season too!

7. bebop says:

As someone who has worked on the show I can tell you categorically that the show is not rigged. It’s actually a lot tougher than it looks and cudos to those who go out and survive in very hard conditions not to mention the social interaction side of it as well. Think about how you would go living in the wild, no toilets and bathrooms, no soap, little food and physical challenges desingned to wear you down only to return to your makeshift camp and put up with other anoying people and then sleep on the ground. Its great news for the crew who are always left hanging/wondering/hoping that another season will come along and keep them employed for another 4 or 5 months.Good luck with S24/25

8. Ralph says:

Hey how is it rigged if the people decide in the cast who wins the million you are typical idiot that needs to learn what it is.

9. JGOF07 says:

Fix the Fantasy Game. Coverage was bad this Time. Fix it or drop it.

10. Mrdew67 says:

Survivor is still a great show, but Redemption Island needs to go. Once a player has been voted out, there should be no chance to get back into the game. Make it true Survivor. No rewards of a big meal, just flint and steel.

11. Kev says:

NO RETURNING PLAYERS !!!!

12. Tim F. says:

I’m a loyal viewer. No redemption Island, no returning survivors,
    and a wider variety of challenges. Waiting to see where this season will be.

13. mackenzie says:

please bring back the survivor auction

14. ROB ERT TACKMANN says:

LOOK’EN FORWARD TO RUMBLE IN YOUR JUNGLE. GOOGLE MrBEAUTEA. THIS
    GUY IS DEAD SERIOUS. WOW

15. James Hystad says:

Have loved survivor since season one. I am greatful they keep deciding to keep it on. I could watch survivor for the next 25 seasons. Best television in history in my opinion. GREAT JOB CBS!!!!!!

• ROBERT BEAU T. TACKMANN says:

I WENT TO THE OPEN CASTING CALL JUNE 17TH IN HAWAII,AND I PUT IN A AUDITION VIDEO TO SURVIVOR ON LINE. IT’S ON YOUTUBE UNDER MrBEAUTEA
      RUMBLE IN YOUR JUNGLE. CHECKOUT YOUR COMPETITION BOYS & GIRLS
      I’M 100% VERY REAL,FOCUSED& READY TO RUMBLE IN YOUR JUNGLE BABY.
      ALOHA BEAU T.

16. Tours News says:

With havin so much written content do you ever run into any issues of plagorism or copyright
    infringement? My website has a lot of unique content I’ve either written myself or outsourced but it appears a lot of it is popping it up all over the web without my agreement.

Do you know any methods to help protect against content from being stolen?
    I’d definitely appreciate it.