South Park Renewed For Three More Seasons

Get More: News, Renewals

Good news for South Park fans is bad news for serial kill victim Kenny: Comedy Central has renewed the show for three more seasons.

The pickup ensures that Trey Parker and Matt Stone’s lewd toon will remain in original episodes through 2016.

“The collective genius of Matt and Trey knows no bounds,” said Comedy Central prez Michele Ganeless in a statement. “Week after week and season after season they continue to surprise and delight South Park fans, and that includes all of us here at Comedy Central. We’re thrilled that the adventures of Stan, Kyle, Kenny and Cartman will continue through 2016.”

“Comedy Central has been our home for 15 years and we love working there,” added Parker and Stone. “South Park is a blast and we can’t wait to make more.”

Tags:

Comments (28)

• The show seems so stagnant to me. It never evolves, and that last episode played out as predictably as you’d expect. I guess it’s just not a show that I’ll ever make an appointment to watch; more of an “oh, it’s on” type of deal. Good for them, though.

It’d be nice for the channel to build a solid identity beyond this, Stewart, and Colbert. It’d be nicer if those candidates weren’t Tosh.0, Workaholics, and Nick Swardson’s Pretend Time. I think that’s enough bitching for one post.

Comment by D – November 16, 2011 10:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Doesn’t matter what it is, people have bad things to say about everything. Every single thread about anything/topic online is full of you negative people, and for some reason it fills some void in your being to do so. And I’m the asshole that just sits back and laughs at you all. Hey, we all have our faults. GO SOUTH PARK……….and PABLO SANDOVAL!

Comment by Realitycheck – January 4, 2013 04:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kenny continues to die! And you can just hear Cartman saying: “Come on guys, seriously, that is so awesome.”

Comment by Korreltje Zout – November 16, 2011 10:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WOW, I did NOT expect the show to be renewed. Not that it is not going well, on contrary to common belief, I believe the show is still very funny and solid. But it’s just that I thought the way many of the kids were “growing up” (the whole “You’re Getting Old” plot for Stan, Cartman getting rid of his dolls etc) was actually an indication that the show was heading towards its ending.
    That was a surprise, but I am glad the show is still going on!

Comment by Chris – November 16, 2011 10:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m hoping that the “growing up” plots mean that the kids will be moving into 5th grade next year.

Comment by Volcfom – November 16, 2011 10:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kenny hasn’t been killed in some time now. Ever since the boys built a stairway to heaven.

D is right about one thing, Comedy Central has some real crap on, including, but not limited to, Workaholics and Pretend Time. I like Tosh.0, though.

Comment by Cloudy Knight – November 16, 2011 10:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I will not hear slander about Workaholics that show is funny and I watch every week, BROTHERRRR

Comment by Jason – November 16, 2011 02:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You guys that are complaining about what’s on Comedy Central aren’t mentioning Futurama enough (or at all).

Comment by TigerNightmare – November 16, 2011 11:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • South Park has been hit and miss for many years now, yet CC canned the brilliant Drawn Together after only three seasons. There’s no justice.

Comment by PT Ryan – November 16, 2011 11:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • So you were the guy who liked that awful show….

On the other hand, CC has been brilliant lately. Workaholics is a gem (if you like always sunny give it a try) and Tosh.0 is good watchin’… Nick Swardson is hit or miss to me- but not even mentioning the gold that is Colbert/Stewart (in THAT order)

Oh yea, and the South Park guys are geniuses. I want more movies from them.

Comment by MST3K – November 16, 2011 02:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love South Park, so this is great news.

Comment by Kasper – November 16, 2011 11:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If you watch south park from season 1 it evolved just enough. Take a look at the simpsons and what that evolved into. Total crap. Maybe you changed, sir. Maybe YOU changed.

Comment by bobby g – November 16, 2011 11:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Goddammit, this show makes me nauseous!!

Comment by Eric – November 16, 2011 12:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ok, crazy idea here… i know this sounds a bit out there… don’t watch it?

Comment by Brendan – November 16, 2011 12:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Tell that to my girlfriend!

Comment by Eric – November 17, 2011 09:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • People still watch South Park? This is news to me.

Comment by Name – November 16, 2011 01:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • @Name – yes, people still watch it – smart people are the ones watching and the ratings are still sky-high. Let me guess… You’re a Family Guy fan – yep, I knew it.

Comment by Anthony – November 16, 2011 02:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • aw lols Anthony it’s so cute that you think I’d ever watch Family Guy. Don’t be silly. I don’t watch trash (South Park included).

Comment by Name – November 16, 2011 02:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Obviously your sense of humor is old and stale. Better catch up.

Comment by Kohl – November 16, 2011 02:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So… for those posting about not liking South Park… why are you taking the time to read an article about South Park and THEN post negative remarks about it? South Park/Workaholics for President 2012

Comment by Jason – November 16, 2011 02:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WHY? The show hasn’t been good since season 11. I read reviews sometimes and many give them very good ratings. Those must be getting paid for it or haven’t seen earlier episodes. Remember when the creators said they’d only do it until it’s fun. They sure sold out. It’s only about the money now. I guess they’ve learned the lesson, people are suckers.

Comment by riptide – November 16, 2011 03:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Congratulations to the whole team behind South Park, Matt and Trey in particular. Following the previous comments, I’d like to add this: there are so many TV shows, and sure, to each his/her own, but even the haters must admit every episode of South Park contains at least a few jokes about characters or events which are brilliantly unique. In my humble opinion, there aren’t that many other TV shows which have the level of witt South Park keeps displaying for this many seasons.

Comment by Slim – November 16, 2011 03:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So much great South Park news this week. I also thought they were moving toward an end with the “growing up” themes, but maybe you’re right – just to 5th grade. There’s also a pretty hilarious South Park themed music video blowing up on Youtube. If you haven’t seen it yet:

Comment by Wendy – November 16, 2011 03:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • @Michael Ausiello,

if the series is renewed through 2016, doesn’t that mean five extra seasons instead of three? Or was it already renewed through 2013?

Comment by Ricardo Chorus – November 16, 2011 03:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It was renewed for another 2 seasons back in between “You’re Getting Old” and “A** Burgers

Comment by Jordan – November 16, 2011 04:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Thanks! I had missed that bit of information. :D

Comment by Ricardo Chorus – November 16, 2011 04:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My two cents: Go out on a high note. That means you don’t run for 26 seasons *cough* *cough*. – John

Comment by John – November 16, 2011 05:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love south park I have been watching it since 97 the show as taken a complete 360 from the earlier seasons. I want they to do something else besides make fun of current events it’s funny but to predictable. I’m just hoping it doesn’t end up terrible and unwatchable like the Simpsons.

Comment by Philly – November 16, 2011 09:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post