Ultimate Crime-Fighting Crush? NCIS' DiNozzo and Gibbs Go Head-to-Head!

NCIS fans, brace yourselves! The Quarterfinals of our Ultimate Law-Enforcement Crushes Bracket Tournament continue today with a showdown between two of the show’s resident hotties: Michael Weatherly‘s DiNozzo and Mark Harmon‘s Gibbs.

The choice in front of you may cause you to curse like a drunken sailor, but it’s your duty as a TV-loving citizen to vote in the poll below, then alert your friends and neighbors to do the same! Bear in mind, as part of our single-elimination competition, only four law-enforcing hunks will advance to the semifinals.

Every afternoon over the next week, we’ll launch another set of face-offs that will test the strength of your respective character crushes. So make sure the right choice is made by heading down to our polls to vote for your favorites (Quarterfinals voting will be open for 48 hours), and hit the comments to justify your picks.

Eventually, our battle will boil down to a finale that pits the ultimate old-school crime-fighter against the ultimate modern-day hero. (Their female counterparts will have their turn later this month.)

Oh, and if you’re interested in the match-ups we’ve got planned for the coming weeks, CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT THE ENTIRE 64-PLAYER BRACKET (then click again for a zoomed-in view), and sign up to follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV.

Now what are you waiting for? Vote!

1. Cottage101 says:

Aargh this is bad!!! But Tony FTW, because he knows so much about films, and of course his adorable smile :)

2. Stacey says:

Gibbs all the way!!!!! GIBBS

• Suncatcher says:

Totally agree! I asked myself a simple question in order to vote:

Can you see DiNozzo sitting on the floor of that elevator, comforting Abbey when her ex-boyfriend, Michael, and others were trying to kill her? Can you see DiNozzo say, with that soft, smoky Gibb’s voice, “No one’s gonna hurt you, Abs.”

I thought so! Gibbs all the way!!!

• Stacey says:

I completely agree with you. No one else would have the compassion and loyalty that Gibbs has to his NCIS family. Gibbs should win this round.

• Templar says:

Unfortunately Gibbs’ compassion won’t register with the guys on this thread who respond to DiNozzo’s frat boy immaturity. Gibbs should win, but I’ll bet he doesn’t.

• keydazy says:

Or maybe it’s Gibbs’ standoffishness, his temper or his multiple ex wives? lol We all have our preferences and neither character is perfect. I love Gibbs but I would never want to date him. Tony’s goofy fun, but I don’t see him as immature. He’s shown me time and time again that he’s smart, kind and dedicated to what he does and the people he works with.

• NoChance says:

Yes, I can see Tony doing just that. HE was the one who was there first for Abby after Ari murdered Kate. They held on to each other for comfort. He also pulled her down and out of harms way when Ari fired into her lab with his crosshairs on her head.

• Cassricho says:

I agree… Gibbs, Gibbs, and more Gibbs!!!
      I have loved Mark Harmon since he was in Chicago Hope…. plus He is more my age Tony is too young for me!!!

3. Saint Alicia says:

And so it has come to this, the Padawan vs. the Master…
    But no one beats Gibbs–Silverfox all the way!!

4. NoChance says:

Agonizing but I went for DiNozzo in the end because just for once I’d like Tony to come out on top in a matchup against Gibbs.

5. Anon R says:

This is cruel. Absolutely cruel.

• Kim R says:

Totally. What if we started a movement and refused to vote on this one? :) :) hahaha It should be against the rules to have them in the same show…..come on!!!!! :)

6. Sally says:

Ooh, tough one. I honestly don’t mind who wins. But I’ll vote for Tony, since Gibbs beat out Hotch way too easily last round.

7. V says:

So basically this round is a voting version of the NCIS Gibbs’ Slap Montage. (I just wanted to share because it makes me happy – may the most crushable NCIS agent win!) Leroy Jethro Gibbs all the way (or let’s face it, until he runs into Castle…)

8. dee says:

TOTALLY NOT FAIR!!!

9. Lillyg says:

It’s impossible to vote! C’mon!

10. Annabelle says:

Huh, this is the hardest vote yet!!!!! The matchup is even as far as I’m concerned…how can we possibly be expected to pick between these two awesome guys?? GIBBS vs. DiNOZZO = Tie

11. Sue says:

Ok, this is even more cruel than the vote between Booth and Castle…TVLINE hates us. ;-) I seriously can’t choose…

• Jerri says:

How does TVLine hate us if we, the viewers/readers vote for these guys to move up…? We brought this one on ourselves. ;-)

12. Corey says:

WAIT! On the bracket, you have the winner between Gibbs and Hotchner as 59.4% to Hotchner yet you have Gibbs winning. This a typo?

13. MoxieSue says:

Voting for the Silver Fox.

14. Kate says:

This is pure evil! I love DiNozzo, I really do! Love DiNozzo, loved Logan Cale. But this is GIBBS. I believe Gibbs to be one of the greatest/coolest characters ever. I can’t believe it comes down to this. Not only am I horrified that it is coming down to LJ Gibbs/DiNozzo match, but I can’t believe that DiNozzo is going to beat out Papa Gibbs!

15. SK says:

This is so not fair!!!!! How do you pick between these two??! I have always had a thing for Tony, but Gibbs is Gibbs. Having these two on the same side of the bracket is so not fair! Would have rather seen this as a final. That would have been more tolerable. I guess I have to go for Tony, but with deep protest that I wish I could vote for both!!

16. Ashley says:

Wow, what a tough call! I chose Tony, but this was a hard decision for any NCIS fan to make.

17. Ash says:

Don’t get me wrong I like Michael’s character “Tony” but for me it has to be “Gibbs” all the way.

18. Mark says:

Sometimes I really wonder about the median age of the people that visit this site when I see some of vote percentages that these guys get. In terms of attractiveness, Mark Harmon should not have as high a vote percentage as he does.

• Stacey says:

There are people out there that are attracted to older men. With that said, Gibbs is the one that will do anything for his “family” and that is the reason to vote for him. He is “crushable” in so many ways.

• Tia says:

I second the above ^^ comment. There’s nothing wrong with an older man, and after just finishing the second half of “Engaged”…damn. I mean, seriously. Those eyes!!

19. dw says:

GIBBS. He has that Gibbs stare with those big blue eyes. Also he has that whiskey voice that can keep anyone calm.

20. Jennifer says:

This is the epitome of unfairness! I refuse to pit these two against each other. I ABSTAIN FROM THIS ROUND!

21. Katie says:

Yes I love Gibbs but Tony is it for me!! All the way Tony..

22. katc says:

Gibbs all the way, sorry Tony. That was a hard decision.

23. keydazy says:

Tony all the way. I love Gibbs, I really do, but there’s something about DiNozzo…

24. Mel says:

Gibbs of course, because Weatherly is right: Sitting of top of “Mount Sexy”, you have Mark Harmon. :) Too sexy for words, Gibbs is.

25. TrulyRoxie says:

Wow, this is a tough one. I will have to debate a bit before making a decision…

26. Barb says:

Gibbs all the way!

27. Andrea says:

Boss is above Senior Field Agent…in more ways than one.

28. Bella says:

I love them both, but had to go with Gibbs. Once he commits to a person, he is completely in.

29. blah! says:

i think its hilarious that most of the comments is saying for gibbs … yet dinozzo has a strong lead

30. Kathy says:

Not fair Michael Weatherly posted a link on his twitter and Mark Harmon hates those social network sites. Of course Weatherly wins the majority of fans of NCIS are not fans of those sites. Imagine Bob Newhart or my Mom using twitter, never happen.

31. Jason says:

Tony, easily. He’s not a murderer.

• Me. says:

Yeah because he hasn’t killed before. Moron. -_-

• NoChance says:

I think Jason meant in cold blood. Gibbs outright murdered Hernandez for killing Shannon and Kelly. I understood he was emotionally wrought but it was still murder.
        Tony’s only killed in the line of duty.

32. Blix says:

*hmm*

I had hoped it wouldn’t come to this, but it has, and it’s a TOUGH decision.

I love Gibbs, I do, but, in terms of sheer “crushableness” I have to go with Tony. Besides, Gibbs is not the be all, end all, it’s time for Tony to come out on top for once. He is no less a good man than Gibbs, and he has demonstrated his compassion, capability, and dedication more than once! There is far more to Tony than the “ex-frat-boy-jock.”

So, Tony all the way! :)

33. cherry says:

Love gibbs but gotta give Tony this one. he’s earned it all on his own. we love ncis forever.

34. zoot says:

Gotta go GIBBS…who else can be sexiest man alive in 1986 and still be crushable 25 years later? Mark Harmon crush… GIBBS smart and funny and dreamy.. win-win

35. cy1763 says:

well clearly it’s Ton *headslap* ow! I mean Gibbs

36. Eileen says:

This is agonizing! Love Gibbs, tough outside, softie inside. But DiNozzo is my choice, funny, smart, caring, prankster, movie buff, jazz lover. DiNozzo. Gibbs…DiNozzo!!!

37. Vollisar says:

Since this is a “crush” contest, I have to vote Tony. He is dreamy!

38. Ozzyols says:

Gak! This is the Sophie’s Choice of selections! It’s Qui-Gon Vs Obi-Wan… Can we just put them down as both winners… I don’t want to choose!

39. Rach says:

i love both of them soo much…but I had to vote for DiNozzo…I just love Michael Weatherly so. freaking. much.

40. JustJeanette says:

Now that’s just cruel.. I can’t decide.

41. Renee says:

Gibbs all the way for me.

42. Veronica says:

I’m almost tempted not to vote for him b/c he beat out Neal Caffrey, but definitely DiNozzo ftw. Sorry, I don’t do the whole “silver is hot” thing.

43. Toni says:

Love Michael Weatherly. He is such an under rated talent. Mark Harmon (and Cote de Pablo) get the best writing, all the big dramatic stories and danger scenes on NCIS. MW gets to be the bu++ of all the jokes, and yet despite the abysmal writing, he manages to bring hotness to the role. I would love to see the writers work as hard to flatter Tony as Gibbs. That would be incredible. As it is, maybe Tony can at least beat Gibbs here.

44. Deena says:

I still can’t believe that guy beat Neal Caffrey.

What are the people who don’t watch NCIS supposed to do? There are some of us who do actually exist.

45. Cathy says:

I love both of these guys so much. I mean, Gibbs is well, Gibbs. The man that pretends to be such a hard a** but has a soft spot for his team and will do anything to protect or help them.

But then again, there’s Tony. Same thing. One of the most complex characters on tv – if you look at the surface, you see only frat boy, prankster, etc. but if you look beneath the surface you see a vulnerable man who hides his pain behind his mask and will do anything for his “family” For whoever it was that said Gibbs was there for Abby – so has Tony, which was pointed out. He was also there for every member of the team. So yeah, I see him being compassionate, loyal and loving.

The thing that drew me to NCIS was the close relationship and the chemistry between these two men. Whenever they have scenes together, I know they are gonna be great because both men are wonderful actors and they can say so much just with an expression. I often say they (Gibbs and Tony) carry on entire conversations without saying a word. I love both of them.

Having said that, I have to go with Tony. Gibbs is great but he’s pretty much the same character all the time whereas with Tony (and Michael) he can have you laughing one minute and crying the next. I love the character, love the guy playing him and I think it’s about time that he gets some recognition from the fans. Mark has won sexiest man, favorite personality or whatever and I think it’s time for Michael to realize how much his fans love him by winning something somewhere. So sorry Gibbs (Mark) – this is just a very cruel contest!!!

46. qiangweimm says:

Love Gibbs!!!

47. yep says:

Michael Weatherly is my choice. Loved him in Dark Angel but he has created Tony to be hysterically funny and absolutely adorable.

48. Melody says:

I refuse to vote because I simply cannot choose between them and should never have too. I adore you both, thank you for being wonderful and crushworthy characters on my TV.

49. AngelMoonGirl says:

Ack. Making me pick? So cruel!
    But I have to say Tony.