Exclusive

Good Wife Exclusive: Carrie Preston Shall Return, This Time to [Major Spoiler Alert]!

Elsbeth Tascioni’s work is far from finished.

Carrie Preston, hot off her scene-stealing Nov. 6 appearance on the acclaimed CBS drama — during which her legal eagle deftly saved Alicia from doing The Department of the Treasury’s bidding — is already booked for a comeback, TVLine has learned exclusively.

This time, however, the deceptively ditzy Elsbeth will be [WAY TOO SPOILERY TO REVEAL].

News of Preston’s latest Good Wife gig comes on the eve of the True Blood vet sinking her teeth into a role on NBC’s Law & Order: SVU, this Wednesday at 10/9c.

1. Miri says:

Let me guess Will’s lawyer in the AS’s investigation!!!!! This is goin to be good.. i love Elsbeth

2. Matt Palastro says:

She was amazing on “The Good Wife”. She by and far stole the show whenever she was in the scene. Carrie did a great job and I’m happy she’s coming back!

3. tdub says:

Alicia’s divorce attorney!

• Sarah says:

I know this is fake legal world, but it would be really unethical for her to be Alicia’s divorce attorney since Peter was her client at one point.

4. Cody says:

I would love to see her and Martha Plimpton’s Patti square off or be on the same side, just something to get these to characters in the same scene. Can’t believe I waited until over the summer to give this show a try just because it was on CBS. It just gets better and better with each episode.

5. Florricks says:

Hmm, Alicia’s divorce attorney?

6. Alex Agostini says:

If she’s in New York filming “Good Wife” why not film on other shows also shot in New York like “SVU?” She was great on “Good Wife.”

• Tania says:

Um, Alex? Why don’t you re-read what Matt Webb Mitovich wrote above. You’ll find a little info about Carrie Preston appearing in tomorrow’s (Wed., Nov. 16) SVU episode. Yeah, you seem to have missed that bit.

7. sk says:

Ummm how is this a SPOILER ALERT if you don’t spoil anything? Just telling us she is coming back is not much of a spoiler. Now, what she is doing is definitely a spoiler which, in true TVLine fashion, you won’t even give us a hint to. That being said, I love that character and am super excited she is coming back.

8. Ainavrw says:

Divorce attorney would be my guess too!

9. veronica says:

Okay, seriously, you can’t have “Major Spoiler Alert” in the heading and then give us absolutely no such thing. There isn’t even a hint. Basically, the headline told me more than the article. I feel like a sucker for clicking on it.

• Florricks says:

Matt, you should’ve written “I refuse to reveal her upcoming arc on the grounds that it may tend to incriminate me.” JK.

10. Saint Alicia says:

Oh, come ON. “Shall return, this time to–“, “Elsbeth will be–”
    ???
    That doesn’t help at all!! At least give us SOMETHING. Basically you’ve just said a guest star is returning… needs moar spoiler.

11. opus says:

The Good Wife need to hire Elsbeth Tascioni on permanently. What a fantastic performance Nov. 6. Emmy consideration immediately!!!

• Rob says:

Yeah! I know, Elsbeth, Will and Alicia should form a firm. She would drive Will absolutely crazy and Alicia would have to mediate between them. Meanwhile, Patty could join Diane’s firm and there could be epic battles between the five of them in court. Kalinda goes with Will and Alicia’s firm, though! A person can dream, can’t they?

12. TaMara says:

Really like her. She steals every scene she’s in on True Blood and she’s terrific in Good Wife. Yay! More Carrie.

13. Lisa says:

She was amazing, and with the cast of TGW that is truly saying something.

14. Bella says:

I love her character on this show, so am glad she’s coming back. Isn’t the actress who plays her married to Michael Emerson?

15. Kius says:

I totally hated her. What a disappointment. Give me more Kalinda and Alicia.

• very disapointed says:

I love the Good Wife, but this years story line is too out there for me and the scene of Kalinda explaining why she likes being gay is going too far I will not watch this show ever again.

16. Chris says:

I have loved Carrie Preston since My Best Friend’s Wedding as one of the 2 crazy southern cousins of Cameron Diaz (the other was Rachel Griffiths). She is fantastic in this role…her best to date. We needs more of her quirkiness on the show. So…YAY!

17. Alicia L. says:

She can’t be Will’s attorney against the State’s Attorney office because that would also be unethical because she got Peter’s charges acquitted and she has insider information about Florrick. Maybe she is going to be a co-defense lawyer in a really big civil suit that L&G is bringing to the table!

18. mdaily says:

If Lockhart and Gardner are ever idiotic enough to fire Alicia because they think it brings “blowback” from the District Attorney’s office on them (case in point, Peter’s investigation of Will), wouldn’t it be fantastic if Elsbeth and Alicia opened up their own practice! And then whup L&G in court when dealing with cases against them? Oh the karmic justice of it all! That would teach L&G to stop underappreciating Alicia, and to stop using her as political football. And apropos to that, could she please fire the divorce attorney whose a partner there please? He treated her shamefully, him and his nepotistic butt!

19. Meghan says:

I’m going to be really embarrassed if I’m the only one who got the teensiest bit excited that SJP was going to pop up after reading that title…

20. suckit says:

you’re a real (too rude to actually write), mitrovich.

21. Marc says:

This is one of the best shows on TV – great cast & writing! Carrie was awesome, glad she will be back. However, it would be nice if the talented writers would give Christine B. something to do, she is such a great actress and a Tony & Emmy award winner – give her material to match skills!

22. Babygate says:

As far as I’m concerned, she stole the show. I can’t wait to see more of her.

23. Tee says:

She was so enjoyable in her last appearance, can’t wait to see more!

24. Amy says:

I’d pay money for a knock down drag out court battle beween Alicia, Elsbeth/Carrie Preston, Martha Plimpton/Pattie, and Lisa Edlestein’s character. Such powerful women on this show!

25. Kristine says:

Yay! They should make her a recurring character that shows often enough like David Lee! Not too much (cuz then her novelty may wear off) but just enough to keep the audience wanting to see her more!

26. Hallie says:

First off I don’t think she is going to be representing alicia in her divorce for one thing i don’t really think their will be a divorce and the second Alicia doesn’t seem to want to get a divorce since she hasn’t really told enyone they are seperated. I am guessing she will represent will against wendy clark and since peter actually seperated himself from the case he isn’t directly involved she can represent him.