Exclusive

Bones First Look: Look Who's Packin' Heat!

Bones is weaponizing Sweets.

In this Thursday’s episode, John Francis Daley’s shrink takes a step closer to becoming a full-fledged G-man when he enrolls in Gunplay 101. His instructor? Why it’s none other than his temporary new partner in crime, Booth (David Boreanaz).

Bones Preview: Meet the New Guy

“[Sweets is] totally confident about it,” previews Daley pistol prowess. “Obviously, everyone else didn’t think he had it in him to shoot people, or even targets for that matter.”

That’s not exactly true. There’s one person at the Jeffersonian who believes Sweets is born to “carry a piece.” For more on that, and to get a first look at the armed and dangerous doctor in action, press play below.

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: Exclusive, First Look, Scoop, Video

1. Abby says:

Really wish I could view videos from my phone on this site..kind of defeats the purpose of following on mobile twitter.

2. Ingmar says:

Sadly enought you cant watch it outside of the US….again :(

3. Kristen says:

Daisy is absolutely crazy. And I love her.

4. Liana in San Diego says:

Not big on Daisy, but LOVING this Sweets development! This looks like fun!

5. vickan says:

When I could look at Bones on the TV…?

6. Michael Aye says:

makes videos play internationally, please. This is the INTERnet, not the INTRAnet. :(

7. Lisa says:

why post this if everyone can’t view?! man i live in canada not some country on the other side of the world and can’t view this!!

8. raph says:

go check this link for the video accessible to all, quality is a bit low though.

9. K_Frem says:

My thoughts EXACTLY!!!

10. Lisa says:

But no one said he was “born to carry a gun”. Was the article talking about something else?

11. Plum says:

John Francis Daley (grandson of legendary Chicago Mayor Daley) was a wonderful addition to Bones and really gelled the cast, his character is droll and complicated and fun. I made up that bit about him being the grandson of Mayor Daley, but it sounds like it could be true.

12. jjett says:

Sweets adds another new dimension to that great show. It almost always makes me laugh. I like the ‘WHAT!!?” moments that catch me off guard. I am disappointed that there was no follow through after Bones told Booth she was pregnant. I felt like I had been dropped down a dark well when this season’s first new show shows Bones 5 months pregnant. What happpened? Did Booth pick her up and swing her around? How did they come to the decision to split their time between two apartments? What adjustment did they have to make when they started living together? Questions, questions. Will these be flashback moments in future shows?

• Rachel says:

I agree that I wish they would show us that stuff! Though they couldn’t film it because she was already so far along her own pregnancy when filming resumed. I am hoping that’s what they will decide to use the extra 4 episodes FOX ordered since the season was going to be so short. Seeing the transition would be great!

• Angie says:

I agree with you Rachel & Jjett, this coming from out of the blue left me with a lot of questions. Please show us something to connect the dots–please
        Angie

13. Lisa says:

Sweets packin’ heat is awesome :)

• J.Norman says:

Yes, but why exactly is it necessary for Sweets – a Psychiatrist- to pack heat other than of course, for a contrived storyline.
      Are real life shrinks who are employed by the FBI certified in firearm use? If so, wouldn’t this have been mentioned sometime before?
      Huh?
      Is this part of their job requirement?
      Are FBI Psychiatrists routinely sent out in the field to break down doors and charge into dangerous gunfire situations?
      I hardly think so!
      So this is just another stupid contrived plot line to satisfy fans who have no idea of reality.

• Mic says:

You can become a Special Agent. Attend training & if all requirements are meet then one would be able to carry a weapon.

• Kaye Pebley says:

I don’t watch T.V. for reality. If I want reality, I’ll read the newspaper. I watch for entertainment.

• Mike says:

I toured FBI Headquarters a few years ago and watched a shooting expo put on by a FBI accountant. He was a deadly shot and said that everyone at headquarters was required to take turns putting on the expo.

14. Lisa says:

I don’t like the new Bones intern. I like the ‘southern man’ but Finn’s fake accent sucks and his hick talk and poor grammar is unacceptable in such a work place as the Jeffersonian. I was really annoyed and found it hard to finish watching Bones and that made me mad.

• Tusk says:

I still enjoyed the episode, but a few of the things regarding his involvement annoyed me. He’s supposed to be 18 or a bit older, another thing that was hard to believe with this actor. Also, there is this suggestion that had he not shown up when he did, the crime may not have been solved by the Jeffersonian team.
      -He noted the chicken bone in the lung.
      -He helped discover the ‘only in Japanese food’ bacteria.
      -He was the one that suggested and provided the equations to ascertain the weight of the attacker

Not to mention, step by step endearing himself to each member of the team in one way or other, all in one tight, wrapped up episode. In fact, so swiftly was the acclimation to the new ‘squintern’, that I would not be surprised if he ended up being the cause of or the victim of an emotional, dramatic episode, in which he is killed or dies, or betrays. He has the side story of a troubled, maybe violent pass to refer back to in future episodes, not to mention the potential appearance of a, said to be violent, father.

• Lisa says:

The intern, Luke Kleintank is actually from Ohio which shares a border with Canada.

15. Gretchen says:

I like it–but I can’t remember, was Bones certified to carry a gun. Seems like she always wanted one but hasn’t ever gotten one, so why would Sweets?

I like the new Squintern.

16. Becca says:

Bones has a license to carry a concealed weapon. And she has a hunting license, too. But, no I don’t believe she was given a license by the FBI to carry a Bureau issued weapon. That’s why Booth is there. One of his jobs is to protect her in a highly dangerous field.

• Duck says:

Actually, Bones would HAVE to be on the FBI payroll officially, and qualified via FBI standards to carry a weapon in DC. There is no legal way for anyone who’s not on-duty law enforcement (consultants don’t qualify) to be armed, no matter how much danger you might be in on a regular basis.

17. malin says:

Reply to abby
    I agree almost everything is different at phone it is do irritable!!

18. O'Brien says:

I cannot wait to see Brennan’s reaction to this. For years, she’s sought weaponry. This should be great!+

• Chelsea says:

I seriously love how you say she’s “sought weaponry”. Bones is an excellent shot (and she would be the first to mention that), but because she was charged with/arrested for/accused of (which was it again?) a felony, the FBI won’t allow her to carry in the field. So she doesn’t get her gun, but Babyface Sweets does? I don’t know if they’ll show her reaction, but I’m guessing she’s a little jealous.

19. Harli Schutt says:

Booth looks really good in red!!!

20. Jefferson says:

I just couldn’t go away your web site prior to suggesting that I really enjoyed the standard info a person provide to your guests? Is going to be back ceaselessly to inspect new posts