Bones First Look: Look Who's Packin' Heat!

Bones is weaponizing Sweets.

In this Thursday’s episode, John Francis Daley’s shrink takes a step closer to becoming a full-fledged G-man when he enrolls in Gunplay 101. His instructor? Why it’s none other than his temporary new partner in crime, Booth (David Boreanaz).

Bones Preview: Meet the New Guy

“[Sweets is] totally confident about it,” previews Daley pistol prowess. “Obviously, everyone else didn’t think he had it in him to shoot people, or even targets for that matter.”

That’s not exactly true. There’s one person at the Jeffersonian who believes Sweets is born to “carry a piece.” For more on that, and to get a first look at the armed and dangerous doctor in action, press play below.

Comments (48)

• Really wish I could view videos from my phone on this site..kind of defeats the purpose of following on mobile twitter.

Comment by Abby – November 15, 2011 08:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sadly enought you cant watch it outside of the US….again :(

Comment by Ingmar – November 15, 2011 08:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • @Ingmar there is this nifty little tool called hotspotshield which allows you to mask your ip and you can watch the video ;)

Comment by lalez88 – November 15, 2011 10:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Watching it on Vancouver island right now.

Comment by Templar – November 15, 2011 03:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Daisy is absolutely crazy. And I love her.

Comment by Kristen – November 15, 2011 09:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Daisy is crazy, obnoxious and I wish they’d eliminate her character altogether! Can’t stand her.

Comment by suzyku – November 15, 2011 11:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not big on Daisy, but LOVING this Sweets development! This looks like fun!

Comment by Liana in San Diego – November 15, 2011 09:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When I could look at Bones on the TV…?

Comment by vickan – November 15, 2011 09:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • makes videos play internationally, please. This is the INTERnet, not the INTRAnet. :(

Comment by Michael Aye – November 15, 2011 09:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • why post this if everyone can’t view?! man i live in canada not some country on the other side of the world and can’t view this!!

Comment by Lisa – November 15, 2011 09:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • go check this link for the video accessible to all, quality is a bit low though.

Comment by raph – November 15, 2011 09:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My thoughts EXACTLY!!!

Comment by K_Frem – November 15, 2011 11:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • But no one said he was “born to carry a gun”. Was the article talking about something else?

Comment by Lisa – November 15, 2011 11:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • John Francis Daley (grandson of legendary Chicago Mayor Daley) was a wonderful addition to Bones and really gelled the cast, his character is droll and complicated and fun. I made up that bit about him being the grandson of Mayor Daley, but it sounds like it could be true.

Comment by Plum – November 15, 2011 11:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sweets adds another new dimension to that great show. It almost always makes me laugh. I like the ‘WHAT!!?” moments that catch me off guard. I am disappointed that there was no follow through after Bones told Booth she was pregnant. I felt like I had been dropped down a dark well when this season’s first new show shows Bones 5 months pregnant. What happpened? Did Booth pick her up and swing her around? How did they come to the decision to split their time between two apartments? What adjustment did they have to make when they started living together? Questions, questions. Will these be flashback moments in future shows?

Comment by jjett – November 15, 2011 11:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree that I wish they would show us that stuff! Though they couldn’t film it because she was already so far along her own pregnancy when filming resumed. I am hoping that’s what they will decide to use the extra 4 episodes FOX ordered since the season was going to be so short. Seeing the transition would be great!

Comment by Rachel – November 16, 2011 08:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree with you Rachel & Jjett, this coming from out of the blue left me with a lot of questions. Please show us something to connect the dots–please
        Angie

Comment by Angie – November 26, 2011 11:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sweets packin’ heat is awesome :)

Comment by Lisa – November 15, 2011 11:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, but why exactly is it necessary for Sweets – a Psychiatrist- to pack heat other than of course, for a contrived storyline.
      Are real life shrinks who are employed by the FBI certified in firearm use? If so, wouldn’t this have been mentioned sometime before?
      Huh?
      Is this part of their job requirement?
      Are FBI Psychiatrists routinely sent out in the field to break down doors and charge into dangerous gunfire situations?
      I hardly think so!
      So this is just another stupid contrived plot line to satisfy fans who have no idea of reality.

Comment by J.Norman – November 15, 2011 06:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You can become a Special Agent. Attend training & if all requirements are meet then one would be able to carry a weapon.

Comment by Mic – November 16, 2011 12:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I don’t watch T.V. for reality. If I want reality, I’ll read the newspaper. I watch for entertainment.

Comment by Kaye Pebley – November 16, 2011 08:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I toured FBI Headquarters a few years ago and watched a shooting expo put on by a FBI accountant. He was a deadly shot and said that everyone at headquarters was required to take turns putting on the expo.

Comment by Mike – November 16, 2011 10:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t like the new Bones intern. I like the ‘southern man’ but Finn’s fake accent sucks and his hick talk and poor grammar is unacceptable in such a work place as the Jeffersonian. I was really annoyed and found it hard to finish watching Bones and that made me mad.

Comment by Lisa – November 15, 2011 11:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I still enjoyed the episode, but a few of the things regarding his involvement annoyed me. He’s supposed to be 18 or a bit older, another thing that was hard to believe with this actor. Also, there is this suggestion that had he not shown up when he did, the crime may not have been solved by the Jeffersonian team.
      -He noted the chicken bone in the lung.
      -He helped discover the ‘only in Japanese food’ bacteria.
      -He was the one that suggested and provided the equations to ascertain the weight of the attacker

Not to mention, step by step endearing himself to each member of the team in one way or other, all in one tight, wrapped up episode. In fact, so swiftly was the acclimation to the new ‘squintern’, that I would not be surprised if he ended up being the cause of or the victim of an emotional, dramatic episode, in which he is killed or dies, or betrays. He has the side story of a troubled, maybe violent pass to refer back to in future episodes, not to mention the potential appearance of a, said to be violent, father.

Comment by Tusk – November 15, 2011 12:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • As i posted last week, I bet the new squint is a psychopath.

Comment by Templar – November 15, 2011 03:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The intern, Luke Kleintank is actually from Ohio which shares a border with Canada.

Comment by Lisa – November 15, 2011 01:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Lisa needs geography lessons.

We can rest easy knowing that no one at the Jeffersonian thinks that Ohio shares a border with Canada.

Comment by Cloudy Knight – November 15, 2011 02:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Umm, it does if you consider that its northern border is partly defined by Lake Erie.

Comment by Barb – November 15, 2011 02:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Ohio DOES NOT share a border with Canada!

Comment by Ohioan – November 15, 2011 02:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Lisa’s right. The US/Canada (Ohio/Ontario) border runs the length of Lake Erie.

Luke Kleintank probably just swam across.

Comment by Brit – November 15, 2011 05:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Meant to say Barb is right. Sorry Barb.

Comment by Brit – November 15, 2011 05:43 PM PDT
          • I meant to say, Barb is also right. oopsie.

Comment by Brit – November 15, 2011 05:46 PM PDT
      • I don’t know what map you are looking at but Ohio does not share a border with Canada.

Comment by Mic – November 16, 2011 12:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like it–but I can’t remember, was Bones certified to carry a gun. Seems like she always wanted one but hasn’t ever gotten one, so why would Sweets?

I like the new Squintern.

Comment by Gretchen – November 15, 2011 12:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The last gun Bones had was too big for her. It was the Halloween epi Season 3 – Mummy in the Maze. Bones dressed up as Wonder Woman. When she fired her gun it hit her in the forehead. LOL

Comment by Lisa – November 15, 2011 12:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Bones does not work for the FBI and does not have to be FBI certified.

Comment by Lisa – November 15, 2011 12:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • He’s a Psychologist for the FBI.

Comment by Mic – November 16, 2011 12:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Because Sweets actually works for the FBI. And even then, he had to go through rigorous training to be allowed, since he was not formerly a field agent.

Comment by zaza – November 15, 2011 12:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bones has a license to carry a concealed weapon. And she has a hunting license, too. But, no I don’t believe she was given a license by the FBI to carry a Bureau issued weapon. That’s why Booth is there. One of his jobs is to protect her in a highly dangerous field.

Comment by Becca – November 15, 2011 12:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Actually, Bones would HAVE to be on the FBI payroll officially, and qualified via FBI standards to carry a weapon in DC. There is no legal way for anyone who’s not on-duty law enforcement (consultants don’t qualify) to be armed, no matter how much danger you might be in on a regular basis.

Comment by Duck – November 15, 2011 01:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Reply to abby
    I agree almost everything is different at phone it is do irritable!!

Comment by malin – November 15, 2011 12:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I cannot wait to see Brennan’s reaction to this. For years, she’s sought weaponry. This should be great!+

Comment by O'Brien – November 15, 2011 01:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I seriously love how you say she’s “sought weaponry”. Bones is an excellent shot (and she would be the first to mention that), but because she was charged with/arrested for/accused of (which was it again?) a felony, the FBI won’t allow her to carry in the field. So she doesn’t get her gun, but Babyface Sweets does? I don’t know if they’ll show her reaction, but I’m guessing she’s a little jealous.

Comment by Chelsea – November 15, 2011 02:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • She was not charged.

Comment by Mic – November 16, 2011 12:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Booth looks really good in red!!!

Comment by Harli Schutt – November 15, 2011 02:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just couldn’t go away your web site prior to suggesting that I really enjoyed the standard info a person provide to your guests? Is going to be back ceaselessly to inspect new posts

Comment by Jefferson – June 24, 2013 07:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post