The TVLine-Up: TV Worth Watching This Monday

On TV this Monday: RAW gets Rock’d, Barney and Robin try to kiss and not tell, CBS’ Men brings on the crazy and Gabrielle Giffords reflects on her shooting. Here are 10 programs to keep on your radar.

8 pm WWE Monday Night RAW (USA Network) | The Rock aka “The People’s Champion” returns to Boston for a special live three-hour episode. I suspect this will make our Meg Masters very excited; no one call her tonight during primetime.

8 pm Terra Nova (Fox) | While interning for the colony’s greatest scientist (Monarch Cove‘s Robert Coleby), Maddy’s life is put in danger when she discovers a terrible secret; Josh makes a deal with the devil (Mira, I’m guessing?) to solidify his plan to bring his 2149 girlfriend to Terra Nova.

8 pm Gossip Girl (The CW) | A performance of the theater experience Sleep No More translates to masks, anonymity and surprising romantic twists (including Blair’s infamous kiss/slap); Diana sets her sights on using Serena to ruin Gossip Girl.

8 pm How I Met Your Mother (CBS) | Barney and Robin find themselves in an uncomfortable situation when they hide a secret from their significant others.

8:30 pm 2 Broke Girls (CBS) | Johnny’s girlfriend (White Collar‘s Marsha Thomason) doesn’t have the sweetest intentions when she hires Max to bake cupcakes for an art show featuring his work.

9 pm Two and a Half Men (CBS) | Gary Busey guest-stars as a patient Alan shares a room with in the mental ward. (And you thought Alan’s previous roommate was crazy.)

9 pm Hart of Dixie (The CW) | Zoe is asked out on a date by a handsome local veterinarian (Private Practice‘s Wes Brown); an unexpected visitor (played by Episodes‘ Mircea Monroe) stirs up all kinds of trouble for Wade.

10 pm Hawaii Five-0 (CBS) | When the Five-0 team finds a John Doe in the trunk of a stolen car, they not only have to find the killer but also ID the physically-altered victim.

10 pm Gabby and Mark: Courage and Hope (ABC) | In this 20/20 special, Diane Sawyer interviews Rep. Gabrielle Giffords and her husband, Mark Kelly, for the first time since the January 8 shootings in Tucson, Ariz.

10 pm Rock Center With Brian Williams (NBC) | Bob Costas reports on the Penn State scandal, Brian Williams profiles the place that creates “Meals Ready-to-Eat,” and photographer Annie Leibovitz is the in-studio guest.

Which of the above is must-see TV for you? And by all means, hit the Comments to offer tune-in suggestions of your own!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. Brandy says:

2 broke girls,gossip girl, hart of dixie

2. CD says:

So happy WWE Monday Night RAW is finally on the list. Tonight should be a great episode as with The return of The Rock.

• Delirious says:

Defo… I was surprised to see RAW on the list, but I gotta say, it’s a good surprise! :P
      Maybe they should start adding WWE PPVs to the sunday TVLine-Ups… Starting with Survivor Series this sunday, with The Rock’s return to wrestling action to team up with John Cena, perhaps? \o/

3. Alicia says:

Ugh, no Castle… nothing to watch except 20/20 :|

4. Sandra says:

GG (yay! for the kiss/slap!) and Hart of Dixie

5. Sue says:

Oh Dang!! No Castle…I guess I will watch Dexter and Hell on Wheels from last night…

6. Dee says:

I hope Terra Nova moves the storyline away from the kids.I don’t know who thought it was a good idea for them to carry this show.I wanted to like this show but I keep getting disappointed.

7. My usual Monday trials and tribulations :( :
    2 Broke Girls
    Mike & Molly
    Hart of Dixie
    Will watch as much of Sing Off as I can before DVR forces me to choose bw M&M & HoD!
    DVRing House @ a friends and…
    Catching remainder of Sing Off & DWTS online tomorrow.
    …It’s exhausting just typing it.

8. Templar says:

Mike & Molly is the only show that looks remotely interesting. Time to go Christmas shopping, I guess.

9. JJ says:

Tonight will be the absolute last chance I give Terra Nova. The story has absolutely no arc. I dont know what I expected the show to be but it sure as heck wasn’t the CSI: Jurrasic Park garbage we’ve gotten so far.

10. quinn says:

I’m actually enjoying Terra Nova, as long as I take it for what it is. It’s a family drama, that (aside from their budgeting needs) doesn’t really belong on Fox. They’re taking the “cute” family drama, adding a sci-fi/intricate setting, and rounding it out with some action and intrigue. The problem they’re running into, IMHO, is that people are trying to watch it as a sci-fi show that has a family in it, rather than a family drama in a sci-fi setting.

That said, I do agree that some of the kids stuff is a little much (particularly the angsty son), but I find it hard to believe it’s so horrible that it’s worth giving up on the show.

• Brandon says:

100% agree. :)

• Renee says:

I 100% agree with this. I’m enjoying Terra Nova as a family drama w/a few dinos. I pretty much enjoy everything but the son. That is one cliche I wish they had skipped. But otherwise it’s a nice family show.

• Ashley says:

I am enjoying Terra Nova as well.

Yeah its no Lost or Jurassic Park but it isn’t that bad.

And frankly, I don’t understand why everyone is hating on the kids. They get WAY less screen time that the so called adults on the show. The way people were talking about it you think its was Gossip Girl with the Dinosaurs.

• Renee says:

I can only speak for myself, but the only kid I don’t like is the son. And that’s because his story (must betray my family because I’m trusting the ‘bad guys’ aren’t liars and can do what they say) annoys me. They didn’t have to make him so stupid. I’m good w/the other stories.

11. Definitely HIMYM! I’m excited to see where this storyline with Barney and Robin goes. I’m assuming it’s going to end badly for the short-term, but hopefully it will setup for something positive to happen later in the season. Those two are so cute together. Rest of the evening will be catching up on other stuff on the DVR/DVD.

12. Sourabh says:

For a moment I thought that was Walter White in the picture.

13. Brandon says:

Why isn’t House on the list?

• Renee says:

Possibly because he doesn’t list everything every week. Different shows get highlighted.

• Joe says:

Maybe because every episode of the show is exactly the same?

• Delirious says:

My guess would be: because this season seems to be the weakest, by far, of the whole House saga. I’m about to give up on it pretty soon, which is sad. I mean, are they doing this on purpose, to make it the final season for sure? I can’t believe the show is suffering from the loss of Lisa Edelstein SO badly, and only because of that :S

14. Jenni says:

Hart of Dixie! The show is just so sweet and in my opinion really well done. It seriously deserves a chance.

15. Amanda says:

I love Castle, but I’m glad to get a reprieve from at least one Monday night show. I’m ready for reruns to start for a brief time. I have too much on the dvr to catch up on!

16. Mr.Quick says:

Despite the fundamental flaw with the story’s entire primise,
    I think Terra Nova needs to get a move on with the story. All these mysteries and twists need to come to resolution if they want to keep people interested. There’s more than enough story material to work with. They don’t need to hoard it all for one big finale.

17. kevin says:

Watching WWE Monday Night Raw tonight when RAW GETS ROCKED. Can’t wait when the People’s Champion teams up with John Cena against The Miz and R-Truth at “Survivor Series” in six days on Pay-Per-View.

18. Laur2222 says:

2 Broke Girls
    2.5 men
    Mike and Molly

even tho the only really good one here is mike and molly

19. Justin says:

2 Broke Girls, Hawaii Five-0, and House are on my list tonight.

20. Emily says:

Two Broke Girls

21. Leah says:

I know! so sad there’s no castle tonight. :(

22. fernando says:

theres only room for one place in my tv and thats Bluebell, I love me some Hart Of Dixie, I’m praying and I am confindent it will go back up in ratings and hopefully reach again to 2 million like it had before CW mess it up and did not give it on Halloween nor gave a rerun of it.

23. Dan says:

No Castle so nothing to watch, damn.
    Perhaps I should do laundry…

24. Kim says:

Aaron rodgers is on tv tonight. Nothing else matters.

25. vickie bell rivera says: