Ratings: On a Steady Sunday, Housewives, Pan Am and CSI: Miami Post Gains

On a Sunday night where most every show was exactly at or a hair below its week-prior demo rating, ABC’s Desperate Housewives and Pan Am and CBS’ CSI: Miami posted the biggest percent gains.

Leading out of the rock-steady Once Upon a Time (11.33 mil/3.8), which again topped all of Sunday’s scripted fare in the 18-49 demo, Housewives drew 9.22 million total viewers and a 3.0 rating, up 5 and 7 percent, respectively.

Bubble show Pan Am then retained 5.7 mil and 1.8 of that, up 10 and 6 percent and enjoying its largest audience in three weeks.

Opposite Pan Am, CSI: Miami copped 9.8 million viewers and a 2.1 rating, surging 13 and 11 percent.

Of course the night’s biggest draw was NBC’s broadcast of the Patriots-Jets game, which is on pace to be up 2 percent from the previous Sunday Night Football match-up.

8 pm | Trailing football and Once, The Amazing Race (10.6 mil/2.7) was up 9 percent in total audience. Both The Simpsons (7.53 mil/3.5) and Allen Gregory (4.24 mil/2.0) were down a few percentage points.

9 pm | The Good Wife (10.1 mil/2.0) was flat in the demo but surged 11 percent in total viewers, besting Housewives. Both Family Guy (6 mil/3.1) and American Dad (4.9 mil/2.4) were flat.

What were you watching this Sunday night?

1. beresford says:

Go go Once Upon a Time!

2. Kiki says:

I’m actually really enjoying Pan Am. I hope more people start watching.

3. kevin says:

PAN AM still isn’t going down without a fight but the retro drama will wait ’til December 4th with a new episode but this one’s a real “spoiler” just by watching the promo.

4. Rebecca says:

The Pan Am numbers continue to reek badly. I’ve tried to watch the show, but I keep falling asleep while it’s on. It’s an excellent soporific, anyway.

5. Dessy says:

yay for oUaT!

6. Alex says:

Glad to see Once Upon A Time continues to do well!

7. Monique says:

Pan Am has been so great in the past few weeks, and the next two episodes are going to be even better… that’s right, it won’t go down without a fight! The new showrunner has intervened, and it shows! More people need to watch, the show truly deserves it.

8. Mandy says:

I am really loving Pan Am! I hope it gets a pick up. It’s very entertaining.

9. Jan says:

Sunday night is probably my favorite night on tv with the clever and compelling Once Upon a Time and the best written show on non-cable tv, The Good Wife.

• Alicia says:

Happy about TGW’s good-ish numbers, and completely agree, except might even go as far to say best-written show among current TV programming.
      I’d legit give up every other show I follow if it meant I could somehow watch TGW’s remaining eps of the season RIGHT NOW.

10. gabhainn says:

Pan Am is really one of my favourite new shows this season. It deserves a lot more credit than it’s worth. Yesterday’s episode was the epitome of awesome – it was an emotional story driven largely by Colette and Kate, who are the best two characters on the show. However, the others are great too – Ted was great this episode.

Dean and Colette has been a long time coming, but I hope it’s not rushed. Colette is a character that shines brightest when she’s doing her own thing. “Ich Ein Berliner” showed that too.

11. Stephen Torres says:

I love Pan Am. My week is planned around Pan Am so
    I will always watch. It is a great show. Please watch and help keeep it on the ABC .

12. T says:

Last two episodes of Pan Am have been fabulous and I think this is where the new writer takes place. If it can show steady improvement I hope ABC gives it a chance like it did Happy Endings then next season give it a new timeslot.

13. Ed says:

Loving Once Upon A Time!! I hope it holds steady. Each week keeps getting better and better.

14. Mikaylah says:

I watched Pan Am and Once Upon a Time. Both shows were great. I am really enjoying Pan Am, and love seeing more of Collette. The scenes with Kate and the old man were great, and I loved the part with Ted standing up for Dean in the cockpit. Once Upon a Time was wonderful as well. Big twist at the end with the Sheriff, though I bet some saw it coming. Wonder what it means for Emma…

15. fernando says:

I have to say last night ep. of Pan Am had to be the best ep. yet to come, it was so intense and finally for once we got to see kate apart from her CIA role which I like. But with that being said I think ABC will not renew the show if it stays in 5 million, thats to low for an ABC show, that could fly on NBC but not on ABC but like I have said before ABC should move Pan Am to another night but now that I see they arent doing so I believe Pan Am should be a summer show and pair it with Rookie Blue, I know they arent the same type of show but I think they could help each other out in ratings and 5 million is a safe bet for a summer show on ABC.

16. nitemar says:

I stopped watching Once Upon, felt it flat after the second episode, but will reconsider. The Good Wife, well as much as I like Julianna, I am hooked with Kalinda and whoever she’s flirting with. Julianna, relax!

17. BeachBum says:

So how did cable shows Dexter, Walking Dead, Homeland and Hell on Wheels do?

18. tamara says:

I try with pan am but it is ultimately boring and looks so cheesey – I wish it was better it would be fun to have something romantic and adventurous to watch but sadly Pan am is not it

19. Melody says:

One upon a time…love it and Pan Am is getting really good! :) I’m hoping they do not cancel it!’n

20. Gregg says:

Pan Am-great show! More should watch. Brings back such memories, including one of my first flights as a kid was on a Pan Am 707 just like this in 1964. Agree ther’ve been some gaffs, but all ‘n all love it! Really nice retro ambiance to everything. Agree, needs different time and/or night to give it more of a chance.

21. Darcy says:

Pan Am needs at least one more chance; give it a 13 episode 2nd Season and take it from there. These number aren’t too low but not high enough. It’s right on the borderline and needs some sort of chance.

22. GM says:

First time in a decade I’ve been watching a network show! Hopefully ABC will stick with it.

23. Guy says:

Once is dynamite. Its so awesome and fresh. So glad its going so well. I really hope people stick with this show.

24. Johanna says:

I love once upon a time and Pan Am. I’m loving these two shows right now.They are getting better each week. I really hope Abc stays with Pan am.

25. William says:

Pan Am is probably one of the best shows around. I hope it gets more viewers. As much as I want to like Once Upon A Time, the writing and design of the show are quite disappointing. I love the premise of it, but the production value is pretty bad. I really hope with it’s rating and all the attention it has, they can spend more money and hire better designers for the show.

26. Tima says:

Pan Am is definitely one of the best shows, i know alot of people who enjoy it and i hope it never gets cancelled.