Alias' Vaughn Vs. 21 Jump Street's Hanson in 'Law-Enforcement Crushes' Quarterfinals!

The Quarterfinals of our Ultimate Law-Enforcement Crushes Bracket Tournament continue today with a showdown between a babyfaced undercover cop and a dashing CIA guy. Yes indeed, it’s Alias‘ Michael Vaughn squaring off against 21 Jump Street‘s Tommy Hanson for a spot in the prestigious (and swoon-worthy) Final 4.

The choice in front of you may cause you to curl up in the emotional fetal position, but it’s your duty as a TV-loving citizen to vote in the poll below, then alert your friends and neighbors to do the same! Bear in mind, as part of our single-elimination competition, only four law-enforcing hunks will advance to the semifinals.

Every afternoon over the next week, we’ll launch another set of face-offs that will test the strength of your respective character crushes. So make sure the right choice is made by heading down to our polls to vote for your favorites (Quarterfinals voting will be open for 48 hours), and hit the comments to justify your picks.

Eventually, our battle will boil down to a finale that pits the ultimate old-school crime-fighter against the ultimate modern-day hero. (Their female counterparts will have their later this month.)

Oh, and if you’re interested in the match-ups we’ve got planned for the coming weeks, CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT THE ENTIRE 64-PLAYER BRACKET (then click again for a zoomed-in view), and sign up to follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV.

Now what are you waiting for? Vote!

Comments (37)

• ummm… wrong poll linked?

Comment by wordsmith – November 14, 2011 12:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • oh – never mind – fixed. One vote for Vaughn!

Comment by wordsmith – November 14, 2011 12:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think you have the wrong poll up.

Comment by Nic – November 14, 2011 12:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d like to kindly remind everyone to vote for the CHARACTER, not the actor. :)

Comment by Sally – November 14, 2011 01:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes thank you! I keep thinking that whenever I see “Oh but X-actor is so hot I’ve loved him since Y-movie”.

Comment by Ceecile – November 14, 2011 01:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Most people have never watched one episode of Jump Street, so the majority will be voting for actor.

Comment by Renee – November 14, 2011 01:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • If someone hasn’t watched 21 Jump Street, they haven’t lived

Comment by MariaPompeo – November 14, 2011 03:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Exactly, @ Maria! I figure most of the people may be too young to have seen Jump Street. Either that, or I’m too old. Ha

Comment by karenb – November 15, 2011 05:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Yeah… I’ve never seen 21 Jump Street cause I’m 26 and it went off the air when I was 5.

Comment by Ryan – November 15, 2011 08:40 AM PDT
  • This is soooo wrong! I have a major crush on both actors! Going with Vaughn just because he was the more exciting character, but it’s so unfair to chose between the two.

Comment by nonabgo – November 14, 2011 01:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • But even those who don’t remember Tommy from the original run of JUMP STREET may have seen him on repeats or DVD’s. He was a great character — Mr. Clean Cut straight guy. I admire him much more than Vaughn.

Comment by Yvonne – November 14, 2011 01:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No brainer, Vaughn all the way to the top (four at least) :))

Comment by Eva – November 14, 2011 01:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Plus Jump Street is an 80′s show, have any of the other polls had older shows?

Comment by sandee – November 14, 2011 01:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is easy Vaughn all the way. Alias was a fantastic show, Vaughn deserves this he was an awesome character

Comment by Louise – November 14, 2011 02:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Johnny Depp is hot especially when he’s Jack Sparrow, but I have to vote for Vaughn. The sexy CIA agent stole my heart the very first episode.

Comment by Lacey – November 14, 2011 02:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I voted for Mulder in the last poll, but now it’s Vaughn all the way! And this is someone who crushed on Johnny Depp all the way back in junior high school when he was just a baby-faced cop on 21 Jump Street.

Comment by Sarah – November 14, 2011 02:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Horrors!! Just saw Castle is losing. Sad day in Crushville if that happens

Comment by Ethel – November 14, 2011 03:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tommy Hanson was my very first cop crush when I was 10 or 11 so he totally gets my vote even though it seems he is going to lose terribly. Every one of my faves seems to have been elimated so far :(

Comment by MissMel – November 14, 2011 03:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m still trying to understand the brackets. It clearly states Mulder BEAT Vaughn 74% to 65% so how can Vaughn be advancing?

Don’t get me wrong, I VOTED for Vaughn…but this doesn’t make sense!

Comment by Ashley – November 14, 2011 04:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No, that’s what they got in the previous round. The hint is 74% and 65% does not equal 100%. Vaughn beat Mulder and got 64% of the vote.

Comment by Sarah – November 14, 2011 07:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t know if I can vote on this one, since I usually abstain from the polls that have shows I’ve never watched, but for the couple of years I watched Alias, Vaughn was very crush worthy…..and there will be those people that are voting on Depp circa 2000′s versus voting for this Tommy Hanson character….

Comment by seattlemary – November 14, 2011 04:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ashley, the brackets are not the result of the poll.. the percentage you see on the bracket lines is the percentage the actor advanced to that round with. So, Mulder advanced with 75% over whoever it was from the previous round and Vaughn advanced with 65% over whoever it was from the previous round. The result of the clash between them was that VAUGHN WON with over 66% of the vote (you can see it in the bracket line next to his name in the updated version). :D Needless to say, I’d vote for Vaughn regardless, but this one’s a piece of cake. And yes I have seen both but absolutely no comparison for me. Vaughn all the way!

Comment by aliasvaughn – November 14, 2011 04:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Johnny Depp has always been hot, but “21 Jump Street” doesn’t even compare to “Alias”. I had to vote for Vaughn.

Comment by Carrie – November 14, 2011 04:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Correction: Vaughn won over Mulder with 64.6% of the vote. I had swapped the last two digits!

Comment by aliasvaughn – November 14, 2011 04:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Vaughn. No question. None at all.

Comment by Natalie – November 14, 2011 06:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Didn’t anyone watch TV in the 80? Fox Sunday night baby! Tom Hanson was a great character. When he and Penhall were the McQuaid brothers I was happy for days!

Comment by Deena – November 14, 2011 06:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is it just me, or is Gibbs vs Tony going to be epic??

Comment by Elle – November 15, 2011 12:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Seriously – Hanson is LOSING? What is wrong with people?
    It’s Johnny Depp!! 21 Jump Street was one of my favorite shows growing up.

Comment by Nikki – November 15, 2011 04:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Logically it would be because people are (amazingly enough) voting for the character, instead of the actor. (So I assume the majority of voters are, like me, too young to have watched 21 Jump Street, cause otherwise who wouldn’t vote for Depp?)

Comment by Lea – November 15, 2011 04:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think this poll has worked out pretty well in comparison to some other TV line polls, but I don’t think you constructed the bracket as well as you could have. Whoever wins here is definitely going to beat whoever wins for the Law&Order/Cold Case/whatever other classic procedural shows, because as popular as those shows where, there characters/actors just aren’t cared about as much all these years later. Vaughn and Hanson should have been the semifinal round, instead of the quarter-finals.

Comment by Jenny – November 15, 2011 04:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If you haven’t watched 21 Jump Street (which includes me) – there’s always Youtube. I watched some clips of that and Alias to remind me, and Vaughan was still the best.

Comment by Laura – November 15, 2011 05:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Vaughn all the way….he was so cool and and at the same time so sweet….and kickass too.

Comment by ele – November 15, 2011 06:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They are two of my favs, but I have to go with Vaughn on this one.

Comment by MelK – November 15, 2011 06:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why do I keep reading these polls?! All they do is manage to annoy the heck out of me! Vaughn beating Tommy is insane.

Comment by rain – November 15, 2011 07:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wish these had been the final two… or at least could have both made the top 4. Such a tough choice.

Ryan- I’ve seen 21 Jump Street even though I’m 26 because I remember seeing reruns when I was younger and because I own the first two seasons on DVD

Comment by DreamRose311 – November 15, 2011 09:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Neither

Comment by Lisa – November 15, 2011 09:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • are you kidding??? Johnny Depp is to die for no matter his age!!!! I don’t even know who that other guy is but not attractive to me at all! Sorry!

Comment by Sheryl G – November 17, 2011 03:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post