Alias' Vaughn Vs. 21 Jump Street's Hanson in 'Law-Enforcement Crushes' Quarterfinals!

The Quarterfinals of our Ultimate Law-Enforcement Crushes Bracket Tournament continue today with a showdown between a babyfaced undercover cop and a dashing CIA guy. Yes indeed, it’s Alias‘ Michael Vaughn squaring off against 21 Jump Street‘s Tommy Hanson for a spot in the prestigious (and swoon-worthy) Final 4.

The choice in front of you may cause you to curl up in the emotional fetal position, but it’s your duty as a TV-loving citizen to vote in the poll below, then alert your friends and neighbors to do the same! Bear in mind, as part of our single-elimination competition, only four law-enforcing hunks will advance to the semifinals.

Every afternoon over the next week, we’ll launch another set of face-offs that will test the strength of your respective character crushes. So make sure the right choice is made by heading down to our polls to vote for your favorites (Quarterfinals voting will be open for 48 hours), and hit the comments to justify your picks.

Eventually, our battle will boil down to a finale that pits the ultimate old-school crime-fighter against the ultimate modern-day hero. (Their female counterparts will have their later this month.)

Oh, and if you’re interested in the match-ups we’ve got planned for the coming weeks, CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT THE ENTIRE 64-PLAYER BRACKET (then click again for a zoomed-in view), and sign up to follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV.

Now what are you waiting for? Vote!

1. wordsmith says:

ummm… wrong poll linked?

2. Nic says:

I think you have the wrong poll up.

3. Sally says:

I’d like to kindly remind everyone to vote for the CHARACTER, not the actor. :)

4. nonabgo says:

This is soooo wrong! I have a major crush on both actors! Going with Vaughn just because he was the more exciting character, but it’s so unfair to chose between the two.

5. Yvonne says:

But even those who don’t remember Tommy from the original run of JUMP STREET may have seen him on repeats or DVD’s. He was a great character — Mr. Clean Cut straight guy. I admire him much more than Vaughn.

6. Eva says:

No brainer, Vaughn all the way to the top (four at least) :))

7. sandee says:

Plus Jump Street is an 80’s show, have any of the other polls had older shows?

8. Louise says:

This is easy Vaughn all the way. Alias was a fantastic show, Vaughn deserves this he was an awesome character

9. Lacey says:

Johnny Depp is hot especially when he’s Jack Sparrow, but I have to vote for Vaughn. The sexy CIA agent stole my heart the very first episode.

10. Sarah says:

I voted for Mulder in the last poll, but now it’s Vaughn all the way! And this is someone who crushed on Johnny Depp all the way back in junior high school when he was just a baby-faced cop on 21 Jump Street.

11. Ethel says:

Horrors!! Just saw Castle is losing. Sad day in Crushville if that happens

12. MissMel says:

Tommy Hanson was my very first cop crush when I was 10 or 11 so he totally gets my vote even though it seems he is going to lose terribly. Every one of my faves seems to have been elimated so far :(

13. Ashley says:

I’m still trying to understand the brackets. It clearly states Mulder BEAT Vaughn 74% to 65% so how can Vaughn be advancing?

Don’t get me wrong, I VOTED for Vaughn…but this doesn’t make sense!

• Sarah says:

No, that’s what they got in the previous round. The hint is 74% and 65% does not equal 100%. Vaughn beat Mulder and got 64% of the vote.

14. seattlemary says:

I don’t know if I can vote on this one, since I usually abstain from the polls that have shows I’ve never watched, but for the couple of years I watched Alias, Vaughn was very crush worthy…..and there will be those people that are voting on Depp circa 2000’s versus voting for this Tommy Hanson character….

15. aliasvaughn says:

Ashley, the brackets are not the result of the poll.. the percentage you see on the bracket lines is the percentage the actor advanced to that round with. So, Mulder advanced with 75% over whoever it was from the previous round and Vaughn advanced with 65% over whoever it was from the previous round. The result of the clash between them was that VAUGHN WON with over 66% of the vote (you can see it in the bracket line next to his name in the updated version). :D Needless to say, I’d vote for Vaughn regardless, but this one’s a piece of cake. And yes I have seen both but absolutely no comparison for me. Vaughn all the way!

16. Carrie says:

Johnny Depp has always been hot, but “21 Jump Street” doesn’t even compare to “Alias”. I had to vote for Vaughn.

17. aliasvaughn says:

Correction: Vaughn won over Mulder with 64.6% of the vote. I had swapped the last two digits!

18. Natalie says:

Vaughn. No question. None at all.

19. Deena says:

Didn’t anyone watch TV in the 80? Fox Sunday night baby! Tom Hanson was a great character. When he and Penhall were the McQuaid brothers I was happy for days!

20. Elle says:

Is it just me, or is Gibbs vs Tony going to be epic??

21. Nikki says:

Seriously – Hanson is LOSING? What is wrong with people?
    It’s Johnny Depp!! 21 Jump Street was one of my favorite shows growing up.

• Lea says:

Logically it would be because people are (amazingly enough) voting for the character, instead of the actor. (So I assume the majority of voters are, like me, too young to have watched 21 Jump Street, cause otherwise who wouldn’t vote for Depp?)

22. Jenny says:

I think this poll has worked out pretty well in comparison to some other TV line polls, but I don’t think you constructed the bracket as well as you could have. Whoever wins here is definitely going to beat whoever wins for the Law&Order/Cold Case/whatever other classic procedural shows, because as popular as those shows where, there characters/actors just aren’t cared about as much all these years later. Vaughn and Hanson should have been the semifinal round, instead of the quarter-finals.

23. Laura says:

If you haven’t watched 21 Jump Street (which includes me) – there’s always Youtube. I watched some clips of that and Alias to remind me, and Vaughan was still the best.

24. ele says:

Vaughn all the way….he was so cool and and at the same time so sweet….and kickass too.

25. MelK says:

They are two of my favs, but I have to go with Vaughn on this one.

26. rain says:

Why do I keep reading these polls?! All they do is manage to annoy the heck out of me! Vaughn beating Tommy is insane.

27. DreamRose311 says:

I wish these had been the final two… or at least could have both made the top 4. Such a tough choice.

Ryan- I’ve seen 21 Jump Street even though I’m 26 because I remember seeing reruns when I was younger and because I own the first two seasons on DVD

28. Sheryl G says:

are you kidding??? Johnny Depp is to die for no matter his age!!!! I don’t even know who that other guy is but not attractive to me at all! Sorry!