The TVLine-Up: TV Worth Watching This Sunday

On TV this Sunday: an Amazing double U-turn, Dexter’s dark road trip, another hinky Homeland hook-up, a Dirty denouement, and so much more. All told, we’ve rounded up 14 programs you might want to consider.

Save the Dates! TVLine Presents Your Guide to Fall Finales and Winter Returns

8 pm America In Primetime (PBS) | Episode 3 of 4, “The Misfit,” celebrates those TV characters who defied comic stereotypes and societal expectations, from the Addams family and a group of Freaks and Geeks to the Bluths and Jack Donaghy.

8 pm The Amazing Race (CBS) | The Race travels to Copenhagen for the first time, where a double U-turn jeopardizes team positions.

8 pm The Simpsons (Fox) | Foodies inspire Marge, Lisa and Bart to start their own food blog, “The Three Mouthketeers.” Guest voices thus include Anthony Bourdain, Gordon Ramsay and Mario Batali.

8 pm Once Upon a Time (ABC) | Emma tries to help a young pregnant woman escape from the clutches of Mr. Gold, while in the fairytale world Cinderella (Falling Skies‘ Jessy Schram) makes a regrettable deal with Rumplestiltskin.

Exclusive Video: Once Upon a Time Star Jennifer Morrison Dishes on
Her Date With Cinderella, Big Cliffhangers and the Sheriff’s Secret

9 pm The Walking Dead (AMC) | After some miscommunications, Hershel tells Rick how its gonna be; Daryl has, like, a really bad day.

9 pm The Good Wife (CBS) | Alicia races to win a stay of execution for a guilty man who has information which will keep another client from a murder conviction. Guest stars include MSNBC newsman Chris Mathews (as himself) and Michael Irby (The Unit).

9 pm Boardwalk Empire (HBO) | Nucky solicits advice on his political situation from Arnold Rothstein, then later finds himself in the position of showing gratitude toward a federal agent; Jimmy flexes his muscles, at Mickey Doyle’s expense.

9 pm Dexter (Showtime) | Dex and a “friend” travel to Nebraska to tie up some past loose ends.

9 pm Desperate Housewives (ABC) | Chuck bugs Bree as his suspicions about Alejandro’s disappearance grow; Carlos’ drinking gets in the way of his ability to work; on the occasion of her and Tom’s 22-year anniversary, Lynette devises a plan to try to salvage their marriage.

Ratings: AMC’s Hell on Wheels Enjoys a Heavenly Debut

10 pm Hell on Wheels (AMC) | Bohannon (Anson Mount) thinks fast and talks faster when Durant’s No. 1, “the Swede” (Sanctuary‘s awesome Christopher Heyerdahl), aims to hang him for murder.

10 pm Homeland (Showtime) | The aftermath of Carrie and Brody’s parking lot “thing” goes in a very interesting, and rather unexpected, direction. Elsewhere, Saul catches up with dead Faisel’s other half, Aileen.

10 pm All-American Muslim (TLC) | This new series takes a look at life in Dearborn, Michigan — home to the largest mosque in the United States — via five Muslim American families.

10 pm Pan Am (ABC) | En route to Caracas, a dashing passenger (telenovela star Aaron Diaz) charms the stewardesses with invitations to his yacht. Alas, a medical emergency demands the flight stop in Haiti, where Colette and Ted brave much political unrest — and a blackout — to find a doctor.

10:30 pm Dirty Soap (E!) | The season finale goes a little something like this, Nadia Bjorlin tells me: “Relationships will be questioned and tested more than ever when we spend a night camping, and Mama Bjorlin continues to make her feelings known.” Now I may be reading this wrong, but I think I’m about to get the nod for Future Son-In-Law. What?

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. Sarah I says:

Who is Tom in Pan Am? You mean Ted, maybe?

2. mdaily says:

Live watch: OUAT, The Good Wife and Homeland. On Demand (DVR-less home) or encore showing: Dexter. Gosh, I love Sunday TV nights! Great choices. Homeland is superb!

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

I was compelled to watch tonight’s HOMELAND last night, after prepping a first draft of this TVLine-Up. They really surprised me with something they did.

• Alienate says:

Yes, the Homeland twist really was well done. No other show on TV can make me sweat like I was when the 2 of them were “merely” chatting on the porch.

3. Jess N says:

As the episode of Dexter tonight is called “Nebraska”, I’m pretty sure they won’t be in Minnesota.

4. Snapy says:

The Amazing Race. The Walking Dead. Dexter. The Simpsons. Once Upon a Time. Desperate Housewives. Pan Am. Why are soooooo many shows on Sundays!?

• BeachBum says:

I really agree with you on that, especially with the NFL game taking it’s huge chunk of audience. Almost all of my favorite shows are on Sunday night and although I can dvr two at once, I still end up missing some and have to watch them online. I wish they would spread the wealth over a few other nights.

5. Ethan says:

The Good Wife’s plot sound familiar. I swear they did this one about death row inmate before.

• Alicia says:

Similar, but not exactly. They were appealing the first guy’s execution because he was actually innocent and should’ve been cleared (or at least granted a new trial), and ultimately they were successful.
      This second guy is actually guilty of his crime but they want a stay of execution because they need time to gather more evidence from him for another case.
      Considering the first guy got to live, I’m gonna guess this one won’t be so lucky. Also, Lockhart Gardner has been on a winning streak, they’re due a loss by now. But we shall see tonight!

6. Sourabh says:

Dexter, The Walking Dead, Once Upon A Time, The Good Wife, Homeland, Pan Am, Hell On Wheels, Boardwalk Empire, Family Guy.

7. jenna says:

watching once upon a time but definitely want to catch that simpsons episode as well!

8. Walking dead fan says:

Gotta catch up on homeland but I will be watching once upon a time and the walking dead tonight! :))) mother and sister loves Dexter but Inever really caught on… :/
    Family guy can be watched on a repeat ;)

9. kevin says:

Amazing Race tonight with another Double U-Turn and maybe one team gets eliminated and PAN AM still trying to survive but won’t be seen next Sunday ’cause ABC airing the American Music Awards.

10. Samantha says:

Yes! So excited for Homeland!!!! btw I like the new sidebar on what to watch but it should link to this post or be able to scroll!

11. MockingbirdGirl says:

There is also “The Song of Lunch” starring Alan Rickman and Emma Thompson on MASTERPIECE (check local PBS listings).

12. GK says:

Once…, Dexter, Walking Dead, Good Wife for me.

13. Brandon says:

OUAT, The Walking Dead, Homeland, and CSI: Miami for me.

14. Really looking forward to Boardwalk Empire tonite. With Nucky surviving the shooting, Jimmy is unlikely to enjoy his time as town boss for very long methinks…

15. Fernando says:

Once upon a time, Desperate Housewives, and Pan Am.

16. juan says:

OUAT, Desperate Housewives, Pan Am. All three had great episodes last weekend

17. FreakyD says:

HOW TO MAKE IT IN AMERICA on HBO is fast becoming one of my favorites.

18. Martina says:

They have absolutely ruined Desperate Housewives this season. :(

19. Plum says:

Shucks, can’t believe I missed a Simpsons with Anthony Bourdain. Amazing Race was a nail biter, so many twists and turns, so glad to see the Karma of the Race continues to punish those who commit acts of race-douchery. Having been forced to churn butter as a kid during a 5th grade “frontier living” project I could of told those fools that churning butter is a brutal time suck from hell to be avoided at all costs.

20. Doris says:

I watched Once Upon a Time and The Next Iron Chef, flipping to the Jets/Pats game during the commercials. On my TiVo are For the Love of Pie (Food Network), My Fair Wedding with David Tutera (WeTV), and I Do Over (WeTV). BTW the wrong chef went home IMHO.