'Law-Enforcement Crushes' Quarterfinals Begin: Castle's Castle vs. Hawaii Five-0's McGarrett!

We’ve reached the Quarterfinals of our Ultimate Law-Enforcement Crushes Bracket Tournament, which means our original field of 64 crime-fighting dreamboats has been whittled down to eight. Of course, with great hotness (in the remaining combatants) comes great heartache (for you, the voters). And today’s matchup — between a pair of smoldering timeslot competitors — is no exception.

Will it be Richard Catle, titular hero of ABC’s Castle, or Steve McGarrett, from CBS’ Hawaii Five-0 reboot? The choice in front of you may cause you to curl up in the emotional fetal position, but it’s your duty as a TV-loving citizen to vote in the poll below, then alert your friends and neighbors to do the same! As part of our single-elimination competition, only four law-enforcing hunks will advance to the semifinals.

Every afternoon over the next week, we’ll launch another set of face-offs that will test the strength of your respective character crushes. So make sure the right choice is made by heading down to our polls to vote for your favorites (Quarterfinals voting will be open for 48 hours), and hit the comments to justify your picks.

Eventually, our battle will boil down to a finale that pits the ultimate old-school crime-fighter against the ultimate modern-day hero. (Their female counterparts will have their later this month.)

Oh, and if you’re interested in the match-ups we’ve got planned for the coming weeks, CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT THE ENTIRE 64-PLAYER BRACKET (then click again for a zoomed-in view), and sign up to follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV.

On your mark, get set, vote!

1. Christina says:

What the hell Slezak? I’m so torn I don’t even know if I can vote! Both so scrumptious in their own unique ways. Gahhhhhhh!

2. Maddy says:

Apparently true Alex fans know, he doesn’t really care about competitions like this. Win or lose, he knows who his real fans are and how much we support him.

• mickmcgarrett says:

*likes*

• Pam says:

Yes, I bet he didn’t care about not getting the PCA nom, right?
      Wonder then why was Hawaii 50 director Peter L. asking people all the time on Twitter to vote for him and the show in the PCA. Seems to me they cared , a lot. Too bad “true Alex fans” are just a small bunch so they made no difference at all in the voting.

• ** says:

No worse than you begging for votes for Nathan during your twitter drive/voting frenzy as you call it.

• Pam says:

Yeah, but we WON !

• ** says:

Would you like a trophy or something? I only brought it up because you did. Your the one bad-mouthing this guy for doing the exact same thing you just did.

• Shaz says:

I don’t think she was criticizing the begging for votes. Just saying that begging didn’t get Alex get enough votes from fans for a nomination but it did get Nathan enough.

• Shaz says:

Short memories? Alex fans have been bombarding online polls for years and often winning them. I remember in one poll, a fan bragged about voting 600 times a day! It just seems that this time (so far, at least) Alex is pitted against someone who has a larger (or more dedicated) fanbase. So no sour grapes, Alex fans. Besides, thanks to you, Alex’s charity recently placed 2nd in the Cadilac charity challenge, which is a far bigger and more meaningful accomplishment than yet another online poll designed to drive hits on a website.

• Emily says:

And Castle fans just had a Charity Event raising $$ for , Puppies Behind Bars, The Young Storytellers Foundation and Best Friends Animal Society.
            All TV shows and actors help with charity events , I just didn’t think this was the place to mention it, but because you did, I decided to post it.

• Bluejays says:

Alex doesn’t care about awards. Lenkov wanted him and HFO to place of course but Alex doesn’t care. He never puts himself up for any so that shows he doesn’t care, the actors put themselves forward for Golden Globe and Emmy noms and Alex never does. Yet Nathan does, as if Castle is ever going to win an emmy!

Also in the real world – rather than a totally stupid vote where nutty people can vote a gazillion times – no way is this poll representative. Because if so Bones would not have gone out. David Boreanz is a much bigger hearthrob in real life with way more women lusting after him but he’s gone out to an older, fatter guy that no one I know cares about. The fact is that a few majorly insane fans vote repeatedly on these things. Any poll that isn’t a one time only voting thing is totally irrelevant as nine times out of ten it’s about fifty crazy people who need a job or a hobby. Or someone who fixes it with a bot.

• Kim R says:

@ Bluejays-
            So you basically just said that Castle is the better fanbase/show by saying, “Any poll that isn’t a one time only voting thing is totally irrelevant as nine times out of ten it’s about fifty crazy people who need a job or a hobby.” In case you haven’t noticed, this is a one time only poll and yet Castle Still beat out Bones AND is currently beating H50.
            I don’t understand these fandom wars, why cant we all just like a show and its characters and be done with it. The only good thing coming from it is it brings to light who the classier fanbases are…

• alexfan says:

Bluejays, you just don’t know Nathan Fillion’s fans personally so you think he’s not that popular. Boreanaz was a mainstream star way longer than Fillion, but Fillion had an enormous “grass roots” kind of popularity for years and his fans are way more varied and loyal because of that. As I see it, when he got the Castle gig all those fans (+ new ones) just got their chance to “express their love” and talk about him in mainstream.
            If you noticed he gets way more press coverage than “Castle” actualy deserves, being an average kind of show. I think it’s because he has a lot of press people as his fans from those years of being nice and friendly and underappreciated. Plus the cult geek factor. Knowing Nathan Fillion is considered to be cool and hip and all that.

I am a die-hard Alex fan but I have to admit that Fillion’s kind of popularity kinda fascinates me and I think he’s a very interesting guy. He’s not as hot as Alex, that’s true, but he’s not a nobody at all. And I don’t like hating on him, he seems like a very good man.

BTW Boreanaz is 2 years older than Fillion

• kia says:

I dont care about geek cool, fillion is nothing to me. I’m apalled to see that Alex is loosing to this guy when he in fact is more popular an hotter. I dont see what you see in him,he seems like an average guy who happened to get on TV by chance and I dint think he has many fans really,just some crazies. His not interesting,geeks are not cool,I dont know what your talking about, look at him and look at Alex.Alex looks like a demigod and this guy like an avarage hungover guy on the street

3. Rosie says:

McGarrett of course

4. Nat says:

Go Nathan!!!
    Vote for him in the PCA in the TV drama actor category, and for Castle in TV crime series!!!!

5. Lisa says:

If you want to stare at someone go with AO. If you want funny, charming, intelligent, handsome, and a self depricating wit that is unmatched on television then this poll is simple. NF as Castle.

6. Elizabeth says:

If Castle doesn’t win, this world is unjust.

• Lucia says:

No worries. We made the PCA. Nathan and our Castle cast will be in our TVs on January in the PCA ceremony. Everyone will watch them! That is awesome for Nathan and our show.

• jaya says:

Hey, I’m Nathan’s fan, but even I think you’re a bit too sure of yourself and annoying. Nobody won PCA yet and neither Nathan no Castle need this sort of annoying fans hating on other fandoms and actors. Stay classy please

7. Mrs O'Loughlin/McGarrett says:

Alex is gonna win this! Alex will beat this round! I’m not gonna let Castle get away with this!!
    VOTE FOR ALEX O’LOUGHLIN!!!
    COME ON PEOPLE!!!

8. Ann says:

How many times can u vote here? When u read,We have already counted your vote, that means you cannot vote again?

9. Kellie says:

McGarrett all the way! Alex O’Loughlin is a god

10. alavenia says:

McGarrett!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Mcgarrett all the way says:

Totally agree -AOL handsome and super witty.

12. keira says:

Maybe Alex will win this one because Nathan’s fans are too busy voting for him in the People’s Choice Awards. Of course Alex’s fans have nothing to do there ;)

13. Jessica says:

McGarrett all the way. He’s hot, he’s intense, he’s charming and he is a total BAMF! The look he gets in his eyes sometime makes me wanna make out with the freaking tv screen.

14. Rusty says:

Just cannot get enough of Alex O’Loughlin……

15. Alyssa says:

McGarrett!! Alex is the best! <3

16. CharlieBlue says:

Still Richard Castle for me. The other guy may be all fit and stuff, but Castle has those amazing baby-blue eyes and gorgeous smile. Plus, he’s a gentleman, funny and adores the ladies around him, will do anything for them and his friends. Now that’s my idea of a crushable man. So, therefor him.

• NewMommy says:

Yes, Nathan is a gentleman, as is RC. And I am voting for him. But AS a gentleman, I doubt he’d be pleased with the obnoxious rudeness of some of my fellow fans. No need to denigrate the man you don’t choose. And btw, Stana is friends with that man. He is supposedly also a gentleman himself. Even more reason to behave like a decent human being here.

• CharlieBlue says:

Yes, I am fully aware of, that Stana is friends with Alex and I wasn’t really aware that my comment was harsh. All I said was, that I’m not into the fit guys body-wise – I wasn’t commenting on Alex O’Loughlin’s personality.
        Which ties into this: I was talking about CASTLE as a character, cause that is who we are voting for here. The characters they play, NOT the actors playing the characters. I’m just more attracted to the likes of Castle’s personality, than the likes of Steve McGarratt.
        I have explained myself and that’s all I’m going to say about this. Alright.

17. Terry says:

I don’t understand why people have to diss the person they’re not voting for. Just vote, say something nice about your guy and move on. Geez!

18. pixiegold says:

Has to be Alex. Some say he doesn’t have talent. Playing the straight man is ALWAYS the hardest thing to do. I have seen some of his other work, and he is totally different in those rolls. So, he’s hot, smart, talanted and just look at his eyes. They say more than words. :)

19. Marrisa says:

Hawaii Five O all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. MelindaB says:

Again, we’re voting for the character, NOT the actor. Which discounts Alex’s charming accent, or Nathan’s internet presence. Between the two characters, I would choose Castle’s charm, twinkling eyes, humor and intelligence over Steve’s abs every time.

21. Jenny says:

The other guy’s not bad, but Steve McGarrett is one hot piece of ass. Those abs, those biceps, that adorable smile…is it Monday yet?

22. Martha says:

Nathan is just soooo charming.

23. Janet says:

Definitely Alex, he is amazaing!!!

24. matt says:

as a straight dude i’m gonna have to go with McGarrett cause he gets my girl hot and i always get lucky after H50. remind me to send that guy a thank you note.

25. southerngirl says:

Castle, Castle, Castle and Nathan, Nathan, Nathan all the way!

26. Sami says:

McGarrett rocks baby:)!!!!

27. Sami says:

McGarrett, has to be

28. Anonymous says:

Good to see the so called ‘mature’ Castle fandom at work again. Big laugh!!You all going to dig up dirt on Alex to make him look bad to.

29. Mikaylah says:

I love Castle (and Nathan Fillion), but McGarrett is definitely hotter.

30. Julia says:

Those eyes, :). Nathan is adorable and always so nice with his fans. A Total class act.

31. Isabelle says:

McGarrett all the way. I love Castle too but not the same way, McGarrett has it all.

32. Kristy says:

Can’t go wrong with Castle! Hands down my favorite along with the rest of the cast. They always make me laugh!

33. Jasmine says:

I have to stop laughing. Alex O is completely hotter in every single way… bod, personality, eyes, charm, wit and sorry Castle is obese! Why is it that if an actress gains 5 lbs, OMG she’s a heffer but nobody thinks anything that Castle looks like he ate a PAN-AM plane!
    Fuggin’ hypocrites!

• cava says:

Voted McGarrett, but have a question. Have you seen anyone obese, like, ever? I have. So let’s not get carried away here, Nathan is not obese in the least, not very fit – that I agree with. I just don’t like when people start to exaggerate this things just because it’s the “stars” we’re talking about. You would never call obese a guy like that in real life, would you? It’s just not true. So let’s imagine like we all are real people here and behave accordingly

• Tammy says:

5 or 8 pounds up or down r easiy fixable. But at least Nathan has a natural smile instead of a porcelain smile as Alex .That is not fixable. :)

• Tallulah says:

What a rude specimen of human.

Nathan’s a big guy – big, not fat. As Castle he’s always dressed in stuffy suits. Have you seen him in a tshirt? Yeah. Checkmate.

34. kadydid says:

Has to absolutely, positively, no doubt about it be Castle. He’s a man, a real man and Nathan plays him so well. McGarrett is terrible, no character at all. Alex isn’t bad to look at but it’s going to take more than his looks to have a career. I’ve seen him in a couple of movies and he wasn’t bad but on this show he’s terrible. If you took his gun away he’d just be a pretty face standing around doing nothing.

• ** says:

Again, that is your opinion. I hope your not stating what your saying as fact. People who dislike Castle can say the same thing about him.

35. Jillian says:

CASTLE IS NOT EVEN IN LAW ENFORCEMENT.

36. Tallulah says:

Castle beat Booth? (how it should be, but whoooa)
    I’m thinking he might actually win the People’s Choice -feed the birds-

• ** says:

Only reason is because you all cheated and you will not change my mind about that. Again, your opinion. Given a fair shot, the votes for Booth might have came out differently. Are you not counting your chicks before they hatch? Castle has not won yet and until he does I would not be tooting my own horn, yet.

• Kim R says:

What gets me is how all the fanbases against Castle are saying that we cheated our way to the top. Why do you all keep saying that? We wouldn’t say it about you if we were losing. “Oh we’re not winning so the opposing group cheating is the ONLY option available as to why we didn’t win.” Yeah that’s it, considering we’re all so tech savvy and can hack into tvline’s computer and put in a million votes for Rick/Nathan. When are people going to grow up and realize that This poll is a ONE VOTE ONLY poll! Even if Castle doesn’t win I’ll still be proud of our fandom, just because we’re Not a bunch of crybaby sore losers.

• lexi says:

oh shuddup half you guys are voting for nathan fillion and not richard castle himself

37. allison says:

Castle all the way

38. Cher says:

Richard Castle all the way! A guy who makes you laugh always wins in my book

39. blushingbride says:

How is this even a question? yes, Castle is charming and all, but Alex o. has to be the hottest guy in the universe!!!!

40. kristel says:

Abs? Hotness? age? weight? These are all shallow basis for deciding in who to vote. Yes the poll is abt who’s crushable, but ppl need to know that it takes more than the reasons above to be really crushable. That being said, NATHAN / CASTLE for the win! he is hot, talented, funny, charming, geeky, adorable, dorky, handsome, and he is not fat as many of u will say! Solid fans have loved him for years and we will love him forever! Go Castillions and Browncoats!

41. Layken says:

ARE YOU KIDDING UMM RICHARD CASTLE DUHH

42. kelly says:

Voted for Steve but the guy from castle is not fat.

43. kari oloughlin says:

i swear i saw him taking it off on the insider he’s wearing a fake front part hair & he showed it to the reporter i swear

44. Ace says:

DON’T MAKE ME CHOOSE!!!!!

*head explodes*

45. Caro says:

Castle, always.

46. Beccaboo says:

CASTLE!!!!!(:

47. Silvia Massa says:

Without any doubt Castle. I love Castle and I wonder why there is no DVD serie in Italy

48. Karen says:

Long live the Geek God… Nathan Fillion as Castle of course!

49. Bea says:

Wow smart move to put these two men opposite to each other My vote will go to Alex and thats only because some Castle fans say nasty things about, why Alex don’t have a PCA nomination. I’m 54 years old so I have seen many shows but I never have seen such a nasty fandom as the Castle’s fans. Show some RESPECT for some other fandom to PLEASE!!

50. Caskett says:

Castle all the freaking way. Nathan is such a hottie!