'Law-Enforcement Crushes' Quarterfinals Begin: Castle's Castle vs. Hawaii Five-0's McGarrett!

We’ve reached the Quarterfinals of our Ultimate Law-Enforcement Crushes Bracket Tournament, which means our original field of 64 crime-fighting dreamboats has been whittled down to eight. Of course, with great hotness (in the remaining combatants) comes great heartache (for you, the voters). And today’s matchup — between a pair of smoldering timeslot competitors — is no exception.

Will it be Richard Catle, titular hero of ABC’s Castle, or Steve McGarrett, from CBS’ Hawaii Five-0 reboot? The choice in front of you may cause you to curl up in the emotional fetal position, but it’s your duty as a TV-loving citizen to vote in the poll below, then alert your friends and neighbors to do the same! As part of our single-elimination competition, only four law-enforcing hunks will advance to the semifinals.

Every afternoon over the next week, we’ll launch another set of face-offs that will test the strength of your respective character crushes. So make sure the right choice is made by heading down to our polls to vote for your favorites (Quarterfinals voting will be open for 48 hours), and hit the comments to justify your picks.

Eventually, our battle will boil down to a finale that pits the ultimate old-school crime-fighter against the ultimate modern-day hero. (Their female counterparts will have their later this month.)

Oh, and if you’re interested in the match-ups we’ve got planned for the coming weeks, CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT THE ENTIRE 64-PLAYER BRACKET (then click again for a zoomed-in view), and sign up to follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV.

On your mark, get set, vote!

Comments (477)

• This one’s easy- CASTLE CASTLE CASTLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Kate – November 13, 2011 04:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Very subtle Kate. You know you can have the real thing, just lift your head up and look to the left. ;)

Comment by Rick C. – November 13, 2011 04:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You two wanna get a room? Its enough with Ryan and Jenny over there. Oh and Castle all the way. I do owe him after he paid for the curtains in AC. Good times.

Comment by Det. Esposito – November 13, 2011 06:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • For one last time Kate…jump his bones while you still can!

Comment by Lanie Parrish – November 13, 2011 07:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Back to work!

Comment by Captain Gates – November 13, 2011 07:56 PM PDT
          • I can’t believe, after all the trouble I went through setting up that torture scene, you never talked about that damn kiss. I even got punched in the face by Chuck Norris over there. What a waste of my resources. By the way, Castle, I’m voting for you because you are the only one to successfully knock me out with three punches.

Comment by Lockwood (from hell) – November 14, 2011 10:08 AM PDT
      • LMAO!!

Comment by Melinda – November 14, 2011 10:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Dad – The vice-principal, Fräulein Sonnenberg and Sloan are voting for you every day, all day long. They gave me their phone numbers (again) in case you want to express your gratitude.

Comment by Alexis C. – November 14, 2011 12:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Alexis, you can just put those with the rest. We can light a nice bon fire tonight ;) and if they ask you anything, just say my coffee belongs to someone else.

Comment by Rick C. – November 14, 2011 04:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Don’t you dare let another woman take my coffee again, Castle.

Comment by Kate – November 14, 2011 06:24 PM PDT
          • You better not be giving another woman coffee or I’ma smack you, writer boy. Don’t believe me? Just watch.

Comment by Lanie – November 14, 2011 06:30 PM PDT
          • Lanie’s not lying. Damn that girl can smack…

Comment by Esposito – November 14, 2011 11:10 PM PDT
          • when are you two going to realize that you are each other’s perfect?

Don’t make me come down there…

Comment by Roy Montgomery (from the grave... again) – November 15, 2011 12:45 PM PDT
    • I’m sad to say there is a LOT of ground for Steve McGarrett to make up… :(

If anything, this poll would only prove that Castle skews female while H50 skews male and younger demo since the young folks don’t get tied down to PCs all day. H50 is action-packed which is the main draw for the show, not Alex. And it isn’t like these male viewers would bother with TV crushes.

Nevertheless, GOOOOOO MCGARRETT!

Comment by Overdamoon – November 13, 2011 10:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • TVLine’s poll really only proves the demographic that votes in TVLine’s polls. Just saying. Whether “Castle” has a male audience or not, less of them are likely to vote in the male “law-enforcement crushes” poll than in the upcoming female polls.

Comment by DL – November 14, 2011 03:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Castle is riding a lot of browncoat-tails from people (of *both* genders) who love him for his striking resemblance to Captain Mal.

Comment by Ken – November 14, 2011 05:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Amen! :-D

Comment by Enderzgame – November 14, 2011 05:34 AM PDT
        • I just like the show and I think it deserves to win any poll there is. But – Castle is not my main reason to watch the show. Beckett is.

Comment by Jim – November 14, 2011 06:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Maybe so, but I’d be willing to bet that the vote for Tony DiNozzo NCIS carried a lot of votes from fellow frat boys.

Comment by Templar – November 14, 2011 08:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Im a guy, I stumbled on this poll on Twitter and voted for Captain Mal. Just on principle you know. Besides he’s my man crush so all is good…

Comment by colin – November 14, 2011 07:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Wouldn’t you say young folks are MORE likely to be tied to PCs all day? I mean, unless by young you mean teenagers. I would think most 20 and 30 somethings mainly work at desks these days and are more likely to be on tv sites like this. Well, at least that’s how it is for me and the friends I know frequent a site like this.

Comment by Katherine215 – November 14, 2011 07:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • More than easy. Castle do not need McGarret’ abs to be sexy.

Comment by Alrisha – November 14, 2011 08:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • McG, McG and McH.
      There is no conparison. Steve is all action, great body and looks, good acting. His role makes him the tall, dark and uptight person most of the time. But in interviewes he is a very sensitive cheeky person in fact an aussie larrakin. Casatle is the smart, sophicated man about town.
      I like Casrle, I love Alex ever since Moonlight was snatched prematurely from us, I have followed his career.

Comment by Sandr Fegan – November 14, 2011 12:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Woah, Becks! What’s gotten into you? Publicly spiking Castle’s Ego like this. You two better get it going soon (and it’s not because that’s when I put my money on you *cough*)

Comment by Maddie – November 14, 2011 05:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ho I knew there was something between you two! :(

Comment by Josh Davidson – November 15, 2011 10:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • any1 else think that castle and beckett are gunna be winners?

Comment by TJCrinc – November 13, 2011 04:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No, Stana Katic is a lot less popular than good ol Nathan.

Comment by Eli – November 13, 2011 04:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Agreed. Kate Beckett is one of my least favorite characters. But I love Castle!

Comment by Jenn – November 13, 2011 04:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • What?!?! :O She is amazing!

Comment by ann – November 13, 2011 09:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • That’s the thing, the fans of Stana Katic think she’s a lot more popular than she is right now, whereas Nathan has a good solid decade of fans behind him. Geeks to the core, just like him.

Comment by Ellie – November 15, 2011 09:35 AM PDT
        • Seriously? Kate Beckett is one of my favorite characters, ever! Stana potrays her so well.

There are only a handful of characters that I will defend to the end, Kate Beckett, Shawn Spencer, and Britta Perry!

That being said, Go Nathan!

Comment by Melanie – November 14, 2011 09:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yeah, but she’s wayyy hotter then him so her looks should pull in a lot of votes for her..

Comment by Emma – November 13, 2011 05:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I dunno about that. I’m a straight girl so she isn’t hot to me, and it’s uusually girls who vote in this polls. But I agree, we need to try and make her win too, her character has grown on me as seasons went by

Comment by merry – November 13, 2011 09:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Also for girls, Stana is hot :D. And i’m a straight girl, too ;)

Comment by Kenny – November 13, 2011 09:16 PM PDT
          • Hey, Kenny, news flash: may be you’re not that straight ;)

Comment by aisha – November 13, 2011 10:37 PM PDT
          • Straight girl here, as well. She is extremely hot.

Comment by Katherine215 – November 14, 2011 07:54 AM PDT
          • I flew back from Pisa on the same plane with Stana in 2009 and she was very gracious and classy to all.

Comment by Templar – November 14, 2011 08:33 AM PDT
      • I’m new into the Castle fandom but after having spent a week watching 64 episodes of Castle I must say Stana’s Kate Beckett character is the driven force of the show and she’s grown a lot since the pilot.

Comment by Alex – November 13, 2011 05:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Castle’s character works so well only BECAUSE Kate’s the way she is.

Comment by ladyhelix – November 13, 2011 06:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Sure but that doesn’t make me like her nearly as much as I like Castle. I think that if Castle’s love interest was a different character or a different actress altogether the show wouldn’t be the same but it could still work, if it was Kate and a different guy it would’ve been canceled in two weeks.

Comment by lucyinthesky – November 14, 2011 05:57 AM PDT
      • But remember, popularity is independent of talent. And talent is something which they both have- just different niches perhaps.

Comment by Cynthia – November 13, 2011 06:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • but remember what is being judged here is how crushable they are, not how talented.

Comment by andrea – November 14, 2011 05:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yeah, but I don’t think there’s a single TV fandom out there as nuts as the Castle fandom. ;)

Comment by Jim – November 14, 2011 06:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Ummm… I can name a couple… House for one and Supernatural.

Comment by Alex – November 14, 2011 09:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Richard Castle as a character more than Steve McGarrett, but I unfortunately had to go with McGarrett on this for one reason: HAVE YOU SEEN HIS ABS?! ;)

Comment by Catherine – November 13, 2011 04:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Have seen his abs, but when you’ve been a Nathan Filion fan for many years, you have to go with what is tried and true.

Comment by Cathy – November 13, 2011 05:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The abs, yes, but those could end up hidden beneath fat after ten years. Castle’s personality on the other hand? Probably a lot less likely to disappear.

Comment by Summer – November 13, 2011 06:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Have you ever watched Alex in an interview? He is charming,articulate funny, goofy, HOT…full of personality.

Comment by mickmcgarrett – November 13, 2011 06:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Yes but this is a character thing. Several times in this polls I have voted against actors I found more attractive or liked more in real life because of that.

Comment by Ceecile – November 13, 2011 06:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Alex is more talent than abs so don’t try to make him look empty he got more talent than castle + abs & a great sense of humor
        PS : abs can stay more than 30 years not only 10 so your completely wrong

Comment by kari oloughlin – November 13, 2011 07:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Nathans are already hidden by fat!

Comment by Becks – November 14, 2011 05:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Yep, Nathan Fillion is not as fit as Alex O’Loughlin. That totally makes him a lesser human being, not worthy of crushing on.. (sarcasm for those who overworked their brains in the gym ;) )

Comment by squirrel85 – November 14, 2011 07:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Weight DOES NOT matter. It pisses me off beyond belief when people bring up Nathan’s weight. Yes, he may be a bit bigger than some actors, but that doesn’t make him any less attractive!

Comment by Melanie – November 14, 2011 09:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Totally with you on that – I see red when people start in on Nathan’s weight. How the hell do they know anything, he’s wearing suits and is all covered up on the show most of the time. I’ve seen pic’s from the signing he did recently and OMG, his arms! He has great guns ;) The man is amazing, leave it at that people!

Comment by Nicole – November 14, 2011 05:15 PM PDT
        • Ho I just love this kind of comment, full of respect, no really I’m in love.

(Thanks god, all the H5O’s fandom are not like you -_-’ )

Comment by EmilieVitnux – November 15, 2011 09:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I totally agree with you Catherine….McGarrett’s physic is rock solid….he has my vote too!

Comment by Joana T Gramajo – November 13, 2011 08:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love both of these characters, watch both of these shows but as far as the crushable thing goes….Alex has it hands down. He is just sooooooo yummy and not just his abs but there is something in his eyes…check it out…..he just looks like he cares about everything…hahaha It was a tough choice personality wise so I had to go to the “hotness” factor for the final decision. :) :)

Comment by Kim R – November 14, 2011 06:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • So I had to stop a moment and tell you how shocked and freaked out I was that someone had written on here with the name Kim R. Lol, that’s my name too, though I doubt its the exact same lol. Weird coincidence I had to think about whether or not had I written anything on here yet. :) OK that is all, just thought you’d like to know that there is another Kim R. out there :) And Richard Castle all the way for me! ;)

Comment by Kim R2 – November 14, 2011 07:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This was a toughie b/c McGarret is gorgeous. Amazing body. BUT I voted for Castle b/c the question is “who is more crushable” not “who has the hottest bod” and I’ve adored Fillion for years!

Comment by allie8 – November 14, 2011 07:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • McGarrett!

Comment by Barb – November 13, 2011 04:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • McGarrett is a nice hunk of meat, but Castle totally makes me weak at the knees. Castle FTW!

Comment by Nat – November 13, 2011 04:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Richard Castle all the way !!!

Comment by Jen – November 13, 2011 04:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CASTLE CASTLE CASTLE CASTLE CASTLE CASTLE CASTLE! Oh, did I mention CASTLE?

Comment by Samantha – November 13, 2011 04:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t believe that Chuck and Booth both lost :( But I have to go with McGarret on this one. Gorgeous!

Comment by Samantha – November 13, 2011 04:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • My sentiments exactly!! So sad! I wanted Booth to go all the way! But I do love McGarrett…

Comment by Sara – November 13, 2011 05:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mcgarrett all the way!!!!

Comment by Hunter parIs – November 13, 2011 04:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Castleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :D Nathan FTW!!

Comment by chestal – November 13, 2011 04:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Alex has no chance here. His abs look look great but he is charisma free.
    Nathan is just charming , sweet , very very funny and a talented man.
    Nathan has a big loyal fandom that gave him a spot in the People’s Choice Awards. Alex doesnt have that kind of dedicated fandom and that is why he was not able to get a PCA nom.

Comment by Dakota – November 13, 2011 04:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I tend to agree. AO is awesome to look at but then he opens his mouth. Guy has as much charisma as a paper bag.

Fillion ftw!

Comment by Lisa – November 13, 2011 06:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I have been watching alot of tv lately, with my new baby. We are enjoying Castle, she and I. But I shall certainly teach her better manners than many of my fellow fans exhibit here. Name calling and taunting his rival in Castle’s name, including denigrating Stana as well, cheapens both the actor and the character we love. I have voted once, but I won’t return to do so again, now I have read the vitriol. I am a fan, not a character assassin. For shame.

Comment by NewMommy – November 13, 2011 08:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • For a second I thought you were gonna tell me about the ‘hot millionaire’ you just married.

Comment by Lisa – November 14, 2011 06:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Well, you have much to learn then. There are also Stanatics (many of them), who pick on mr.Fillion any chance they get or don’t get ;)
        Not assigning blame here, I love both of them equally. Just trying to be fair. All fandoms are like that, just try to avoid the stupidest sh..t and you’re good:)

Comment by another mom – November 14, 2011 07:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • McGarret all the way come on he is way hotter and more of a action star plus the show is much better it just hasn’t been on TV aslong as Caslte! Give it time it will just get hotter I bet!

Comment by Desertstar3 – November 13, 2011 04:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There is no comparison, Steve McGarrett all the way, come on you H50 fans lets show em how it’s done.

Comment by Cheryl P – November 13, 2011 04:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • McGarrett McGarrett McGarrett McGarrett McGarrett McGarrett McGarrett McGarrett McGarrett McGarrett McGarrett McGarrett all the way!!

Comment by Overdamoon – November 13, 2011 04:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nathan, no doubt.U have to love his facial expressions.He is such a great actor, and he and Stana are amazing together.
    Alex proves that there are no dull parts, only dull actors.Vampire, doctor or cop, he is not able to move a facial muscle or show some range in his voice in any of them. Bleh.

Comment by Mel – November 13, 2011 04:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah right. The thing is Nathan has a few crazy fans. Just like SPN. A show that has only a million viewers but wins every single poll those actors go in. Why? Because SPN fans are young and they are at home. Nathan fans are old and they are at home. Or they’re moms at home all day.

Alex is in Cosmo, In Style, magazines that younger, working women read. He got the cover of Mens Fitness. He’s classically much better looking than Nathan and Alex has had two serious acting nominations. From the Film Institute so he can act ( other than the totally ridiculous PCA’s Nathan isn’t getting recognised for his acting any time soon).

Castle fans are the same bunch of ladies as the crazy older moonlight fans who can’t let go. They all went to Castle lol.

Alex fans are all busy working and having a life, they’re the women who read Cosmo not EW and quiz magazines. All my friends love Alex as Steve they don’t even know who Nathan is. But then we’re not in the older demo that Castle gets.

Comment by Bree – November 14, 2011 05:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Is this a serious post? AO may be better looking, but a better actor, seriously? He is awful which is why H50 has had to cast ‘better’ actors for the second season, to take away from the fact that the LEAD is not very good.

Comment by Lisa – November 14, 2011 06:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Sheesh, you’re actually serious, aren’t you?
        For the record, I’m a 29 year old male, work in IT. OK, I don’t watch Castle regularly and mainly for the Fillion, but everybody I know who are his fans are young, working and mostly male. Guess it just depends on the company you keep, so please try to avoid generalising here))
        OK, Im outta here, it’s too nasty for my frail male sensibilities

Comment by c – November 14, 2011 08:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Hey! I’m an 18-year-old female and I watch Castle, and so does my younger sister and lots of my friends (including male ones). It’s not just for middle-aged women. We can all appreciate the vast, witty charms of Mr. Fillion! Ricky C for the win!

Comment by Tara – November 14, 2011 12:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CASTLE!!! GO CASTLE!!!!

Comment by Nerwen Aldarion – November 13, 2011 04:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Castle. Always.

Comment by Beckett – November 13, 2011 05:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m glad you finally admited it, Kate. See you tonight at eight ;)

Comment by Castle – November 14, 2011 02:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • WOAH WOAH WOAH. Hold it.
        What’s at eight. A little rendez-vous? I approve. It’s about damn time you two get your freak on.

Comment by Lanie – November 14, 2011 06:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If Booth couldnt beat Castle then nobody can, even though McGarrett is sooooooo hot

Comment by cgh – November 13, 2011 05:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • agreed. If Booth lost that means Castle will win the whole thing.

Comment by Lovet – November 14, 2011 06:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • totally true! I voted McGarrett, but I have to say, I won’t be upset if Castle wins this…

Comment by Rachel – November 14, 2011 06:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nathan.
    Remember to vote for him in the PCA.
    He has the best fandom supporting him.
    You go Nathan!!!

Comment by Sarah – November 13, 2011 05:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That is your opinion. Ego much!

Comment by ** – November 13, 2011 08:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m with you, Mel. You can even see it in the photos on this page. Alex’s face is just kind of bland, nice abs aside, but Nathan’s personality shines through. CASTLE FTW!!!!!

Comment by Dawn – November 13, 2011 05:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NNNNNOOOOOOO!!!!!!! This is wrong on so many levels! Why would you make us choose between Castle and McGarrett. Can’t we just have both? :)

Comment by Christy – November 13, 2011 05:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You already have to choose between them – every Monday night at 10PM! (Even if you record, you still have to decide which to watch first!)

Comment by Katie Hart – November 13, 2011 07:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m with Christy. I can’t choose. These shows being on opposite each other is about half the reason I even have a DVR. I keep hoping that either cbs or abc will move one of these to a different night.

Comment by Liz – November 13, 2011 08:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have been waiting for Rick to say that. it’s about time.

Comment by Coffee Machine – November 13, 2011 05:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Steve McGarrett!!! So hot!

Comment by Tammi – November 13, 2011 05:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Alex’s abs are nice, but that is all he has, and 90% of the guys on TV have great abs. A good actor needs to make his chararter connect with the viewers. Nathan does that for me, he smiles and I smile, he is sad and I can feel it too. Alex is not able to do that, he is insipid. So I voted for Nathan.

Comment by Victoria – November 13, 2011 05:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nathan is like a limp dish cloth compared to Alex, is that what you want people to say. I don’t like to call people names but I guess you haven’t watched any of Alex’s work or you wouldn’t say that. I voted for Alex but I like Nathan too. I bet you were a bully in school.

Comment by Holli – November 13, 2011 05:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I laughed at this comment. Calling someone a bully after calling Nathan Fillion a limp dish cloth. But we could all try to stay on point by rooting for our favourite instead of arguing about how much we feel the other one sucks.

Comment by Jar – November 13, 2011 07:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • McGarrett!

Comment by Rosalind – November 13, 2011 05:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Um… neither?

Comment by Jessica – November 13, 2011 05:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • McGarrett!

Comment by Katelyn – November 13, 2011 05:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Poor Alex , he is going to be crashed big time, LOL
    Nathan is The Online King. He never loses a poll, because he is the MAN !

Comment by becky – November 13, 2011 05:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • So true! Nate has such a following of fans.
      Woo go Nathan :D

Comment by squeaks – November 14, 2011 06:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No contest for me: McGarrett of course!!!

Comment by Dori – November 13, 2011 05:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t even watch Castle and I picked Castle because McGarrett bugs me. lol

Comment by Tracy – November 13, 2011 05:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Now this is funny.

Comment by Lisa – November 13, 2011 06:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • McGarrett gets my vote everytime. I don’t watch Castle, boring show.

Comment by Cara – November 13, 2011 05:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • McGarrett!! Always (and Danno!!) don’t get me wrong castle’s great but I will always watch #h50 live and castle on Dvr. 5-0 baby! “book em danno”

Comment by Elizabeth – November 13, 2011 05:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Are you guys kidding me?? McGarrett’s SO HOT. Abs. Tats. AMAZING fight skills. and possessive over his team. doesn’t get ANY better than that. <3

Comment by Patty – November 13, 2011 05:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • McGarrett is one piece of hot hunky meat but I’ve always had a thing for Castle. He just has that twinkle in his eye and a very charismatic smile.

Comment by blahdeeblah – November 13, 2011 05:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • McGarrett is sexy, heroic, gorgeous, charismatic and muscular on H50. He has it all.

Comment by Wendy – November 13, 2011 05:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Steve McGarrett all the way, baby!

Comment by Maureen – November 13, 2011 05:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Steve McGarrett hands down. NO CONTEST. I love Alex’s aussie accent. The tats aren’t bad either. The abs, the smile McGarrett’s got it
    ALL.

Comment by Loreli – November 13, 2011 05:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Alex O’Loughlin how could you even CONSIDER the other guy.., what’s his name

Comment by Chrisy – November 13, 2011 05:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh this is just cruel! They’re both smokin hot!

Comment by Courtney – November 13, 2011 05:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I´m a Castle fan but I voted for the other guy. Nathan looks fat this season , that photo is from last season.

Comment by laura – November 13, 2011 05:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, that’s what I was thinking. He looks a bit rotund. I was wondering why he always wears those jackets. I’m surprised he let himself get that way after watching some of his previous work. But anyway whther he’s fat or not, Alex is and always will be my first choice. Even when he was heavier, he still was smokin’ hot and his beautiful eyes could melt you with a stare!!

Comment by travoncia – November 13, 2011 07:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nathan’s weight is NOT what makes him. I love the way he looks, because he looks like a man in hos 40s (like a man really does in real life) and I’d rather rest my head on some softness, than hard wiry muscles.
      What makes Nathan a great man for me is his charm, eyes, smile and his personality, the way he can make a facial expression and make me smile/laugh.
      A man is not only how he looks. Just saying.

Comment by CharlieBlue – November 13, 2011 07:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I despair! Would a man ever say ‘she looks like a woman should in her forties and I like to rest my head on some softness’? No. He. Would. Not. This is why women rarely get really hot men to look at and men always have hot beautiful women in things.

Women need to start having better daydreams about the men they find attractive. Nathan is on TV and he’s really let himself go the last couple of years and I for one don’t find middle aged spread attractive (plus the extra weight makes his face look wonky) so it’s McGarrett for me. Although I’d rather have Bones or a Winchester brother than either of them.

Comment by Suzy – November 14, 2011 05:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Well, probably because perfect looks don’t make a person or some stuff like that? Never considered Nathan Fillion an example of physical male beauty and it was my understanding that he actually never was considered as such in general. I don’t know, I’m not ready to kick a smart, funny, charming guy who is a good actor and a good person out of my imaginary bed for the sake of gender equality in Hollywood.

Good luck in your quest for justice (as in, fair amount of hate for both genders for “not being fit”)

Oh, and I’m 26 for the poster above who was concerned with age specifics ;)

Comment by gerty – November 14, 2011 08:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Well, I guess we have different opinions on what makes a man attractive. I am the type to prefer a little meat on men’s bones, not hard wiry muscles. Sure I look at those fit bodies, but I don’t really find them attractive, at all. All those muscles is unnatural to me and a turn off. But that’s just me. I’m a 34 year old female, by the way.

Comment by CharlieBlue – November 14, 2011 09:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Just FYI – 5 years separate Nathan & Alex. Nathan was born in 1971, Alex in 1976.

Comment by SuzyQ – November 14, 2011 11:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Always Castle. Love the characters and actors both.

Comment by Keegan – November 13, 2011 05:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • McGarrett all the way!!!! :]

Comment by Maggie – November 13, 2011 05:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • McGarrett because he is hot!!!

Comment by kay – November 13, 2011 05:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • McGarrett!!!!

Comment by Denise – November 13, 2011 06:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • com’on!!!!!!!!! are you guys wearing wrong glasses or something?????!!!!!! how can you choose castle over the hot McGARRETT!!!!! i just can’t believe it!!!!! tell you what you need to ***reboot your eyes!

***can you see better now?

***How about now????? yeah babe… McGARRETT all the way

Comment by kari oloughlin – November 13, 2011 06:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • How shallow are you?

Comment by Castle ftw – November 13, 2011 09:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • ^I’ll second that. Looks is not what makes a man.

Plus, no need for all those repeats. We ‘heard’ you the first time.

Comment by CharlieBlue – November 14, 2011 10:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hey kid, go back to your room, you probably have school tomorrow…

God, what did we let the twelve years olds girls vote in that poll?

Comment by EmilieVitnux – November 15, 2011 09:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There’s only one answer here — CASTLE!!!!!!

Comment by Bianca Christine – November 13, 2011 06:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nathan All the way!!!! Abs do not beat that charming boy <3

Comment by miri – November 13, 2011 06:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The abs won’t take Alex too far,just last week he was kicked from the PCA noms.
    Nathan is a natural talent, he has star power all written over him.People follow talent, no abs. That is why Nathan is in the PCA and Alex isn’t.

Comment by Gina – November 13, 2011 06:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • And yet – I’d still rather go out with Mal than Castle (any day of the week).

Comment by ladyhelix – November 13, 2011 06:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • But can you imagine trying to have a conversation with Steve McGarrett?? Unless of course, you were doing something that didn’t require conversation. Like being dead or unconscious.

It’s true – if I were kidnapped by Columbian drug lords, I’d like McGarrett to slash through the jungle to save me. But after that – not really interested.

Comment by ladyhelix – November 13, 2011 06:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • your being unfair with the guy (Alex Oloughlin)…he’s & great actor with great talent (you should see him in other films like the encredible jourly of mary bryant & other Australian movies) not to forget a great human being he is.. so dont try to make him look like a body with abs & nothing else…try to know a person b/4 you judge him…besides this poll is about who’s more crusheble not something else & i think he’s really hotter & more interesting than the other guy …to answear you i would like McGARRETT to save me & more & he’s really interesting

Comment by kari oloughlin – November 13, 2011 07:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I saw his movie with JLo. That was enough for me. Any time he tries to play something other than stoic broody guy, he is just laughable.

Sorry… but my vote went to Castle.

Comment by KatieBell – November 15, 2011 07:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yeah but I don’t wanna be ‘talking’ to my hero for the love of god. I want to be doing something a bit more energetic and I don’t want Castles love handles in my hands when I’m doing it. What has personality got to do with whose hot? It’s not a romantic novel you know? You’re not dating them. Lol.

Comment by Becks – November 14, 2011 05:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Look at Nathan ! He is way too funny.

Comment by Sally – November 13, 2011 06:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • you said it ” funny” not crushble so your forgeting what this poll is about + Alex is funny too you should see him in interviews great sense of humor
      for me even if Alex he doest win he’s still the man

Comment by kari oloughlin – November 13, 2011 07:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I don’t think Alex is crushable. One or two tattoos r fine, but when u have so many as he has,even if his lower back,you go from looking cool to look lame, espcially at his age .He will regret it when he is old and his abs don’t look like they look now.Like in 5 years, LOL.
        Nathan, 100 times better.

Comment by Penny – November 13, 2011 07:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • uh!!! plz save it to yourself he loox just great & his tattoos are just a part of his hotness for me he is just the guy to vote for & why in hell would he regret it?i guess nathan would never get old haa? did you know that nathan is wearing a fake hair?i dont know what would he do in 5 years Lol?
          PS: after more than 10 years he can still have great abs cos he’s an active guy i know guy in there 55 & still looking hot & got great abs
          your just being unreasonable

Comment by kari oloughlin – November 13, 2011 09:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Fake hair?? Do u really even know what the hell ur talking abt? Nathan does that trick with his hair! Its not fake! Gosh get your facts straight sister!

Comment by Whaaaat???? – November 13, 2011 09:52 PM PDT
          • Nathan’s hair is his own. He doesn’t wear a wig. He even proved it. Its his natural gift to do the things he does with his hair. And please, Nathan is a much better actor than Alex will ever be. Also Nathan till 2 years back was the hottest guy ever! He’s 40, Alex is 35. Wait 5 more years and Alex may look more jaded than Nathan.

Comment by Erica – November 13, 2011 10:11 PM PDT
          • Alex looks like he had some work done , teeth capped included. And his hair looks way weaker than the one Nathan has. Alex has bold spots and premature grey hair. He is not aging well. He will look terrible in 10 years.

Comment by Stella – November 13, 2011 10:23 PM PDT
          • Nathans hair isn’t fake. Just stupid. Alex is way hotter but Nathan’s fans are burning with hatred as they’re being crushed in the ratings right now by HFO. Plus Nathan has a huge fan base from way back when he did Firefly. A fan base that didn’t turn into hating nutters when the show was cancelled unlike poor Alex who got the Moonighters voting against him everything he does. Those Moonlighters all watch Castle now and vote for Nathan in everything. He’d better hope he never does anything to upset them as they’re like a curse and they have all the time in the world for their crazy.

Comment by Sugarsalt – November 14, 2011 05:47 AM PDT