New House of Lies Trailer: Don Cheadle and Kristen Bell Stick It to the 1 Percent

Don Cheadle and Kristen Bell are taking a bite out of corporate America — and showing off their behinds — in the newest trailer for Showtime’s House of Lies.

The new comedy series — also featuring Parks and Recreation scene stealer Ben Schwartz (aka Jean-Ralphio) — revolves around a corporate management consulting firm. But these guys aren’t playing by the rules. They’re saying whatever they have to in the name of closing the deal, even pulling stats “from my ass” as Cheadle’s character reveals, and sticking it to “the 1 percent.” And sometimes, that involves getting slapped around a little. Check out the preview below and then let us know what you think in the comments.

House of Lies First Look: Kristen Bell Braves Shark-Infested Waters

House of Lies debuts Jan. 8 at 10/9c after the Season 2 premiere of Shameless.

Comments (21)

• I’m in love with Kristin Bell!

Comment by Abed – November 11, 2011 05:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’ll give it a try just cuz I love me some Kristen Bell, but I’m neutral on the show after viewing the previews. Ah well, if it doesn’t work out at least I’ve always got Gossip Girl to get me some (verbal only) Bell lovin.

Comment by Wolfman Jacque – November 11, 2011 09:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really like Kristen Bell and Don Cheadle, but this just doesn’t really look like my kind of show. I hope it does well for them though.

Comment by AT – November 11, 2011 05:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really doesn’t look funny… at all. Shame too, because I thought those two would be perfect here.

Comment by Brent – November 11, 2011 05:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Video does not work…

Comment by Ben – November 11, 2011 06:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cheadle deserves better than this.

Comment by Templar – November 11, 2011 06:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think the show is going to be funnier with the episodes as a whole rather than just these tiny clips.

Comment by ZmaX – November 11, 2011 09:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Aren’t they (the corporation that owns Showtime) part of the 1%?

C’mon people. It’s not enough to say you stand for something. You need to show it too. Stop buying stuff. Stop watching TV. Stop consuming PERIOD! Duh.

Comment by Raw Blow – November 12, 2011 05:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • There are a number of different ways to not contribute to the 1%, such as choosing where you bank, shop, etc., but not buying stuff hurts the economy. And I don’t understand why you are on this website if you want others to do what you are not.

Comment by Cathy – November 12, 2011 06:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think it looks great! Don Cheadle + Kristen Bell = WIN

Comment by Simon Jester – November 12, 2011 07:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Don Cheadle and Kristen Bell, but if the show is anything like the clips I’ve seen so far = meh.

Comment by Tee – November 12, 2011 08:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It looks good except for the ridiculous conceit that we’re supposed to believe women find the corpse-like Don Cheadle attractive.

Comment by Janet – November 12, 2011 09:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I have absolutely no trouble finding Don Cheadle attractive.

Comment by MockingbirdGirl – November 12, 2011 11:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m with Janet on this one. There’s a definite creep-factor.

Comment by jennrae – November 13, 2011 02:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show looks kick ass. Showtime is really bringing it. Hooray.

Comment by Beth – November 12, 2011 09:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love both Don Cheadle and Kristin Bell, but the preview didn’t get a single grin or laugh from me. Hopefully the show will be better than the promos, because both DC and KB are *way* too talented not to have a showcase.

Comment by shamangrrl – November 12, 2011 10:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If you’d ever watched any of Showtime’s other comedies (WEEDS, NURSE JACKIE, THE BIG C, etc.), you’d know that they are black comedies, not sitcoms. Grins and laughs are not what they’re after.

Comment by Simon Jester – November 12, 2011 01:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m definitely looking forward to this for two reasons:
    1. Don Cheadle, who is a great actor
    2. Showtime, having about eight or nine shows I watch. They do especially good with their dark comedies (Weeds, The Big C, Nurse Jackie, and my favorite, Californication).

Comment by Justin – November 12, 2011 01:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • From the comments, it seems everyone is expecting Parks and Rec or The Office, or some other straightforward sitcom. Stop doing that right now. Bad commenters. Bad. No soup for you.

Comment by D – November 13, 2011 07:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome!!!!!!! It has Josh Lawson.

Comment by Sam – November 14, 2011 04:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ohhhh, i was trying to figure out who that was and why he looked so familiar!

Comment by airhead – November 14, 2011 04:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post