X-Files' Mulder vs. Alias' Vaughn, Plus Fringe vs. Five-0 as 'Law-Enforcement Crushes' Continues

We’ve got FBI vs. CIA, and a Hawaii state investigator vs. an FBI consultant whose existence is not even certain in Day 2 of third-round matchups for our Ultimate Law-Enforcement Crushes Bracket Tournament.

The choices in front of you may cause agita and heartbreak, but it’s your duty as a TV-loving citizen to vote in the polls below, then alert your friends and neighbors to do the same! As part of our single-elimination competition, only eight law-enforcing hunks will advance to the quarterfinals.

Every afternoon over the next few weeks, we’ll launch another set of face-offs that will test the strength of your respective character crushes. So make sure the right choice is made by heading down to our polls to vote for your favorites (Round 3 voting will be open for 48 hours), and hit the comments to justify your picks.

Eventually, our battle will boil down to a finale that pits the ultimate old-school crime-fighter against the ultimate modern-day hero. (Their female counterparts will have their later this month.)

Oh, and if you’re interested in the match-ups we’ve got planned for the coming weeks, CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT THE ENTIRE 64-PLAYER BRACKET (then click again for a zoomed-in view), and sign up to follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV.

On your mark, get set, vote!

1. Stacey says:

I voted for Jashon because he plays his character better than Alex, and Fringe is more interesting than Hawaii 50. Alex is cute and in shape , but his acting abilities leave much to be desired.
    And I voted for David because he X -Files was one of the most popular shows in the last years. He will always be remembered because of it.
    You an only look for so long.

2. Robin says:

I voted for Alex, but I wouldn’t say anything nasty about the other actors, so why are there so many cuts on Alex. So not necessary………………………

3. AT says:

Most Moonlight fans are normal. I mean every fandom has crazies. Clearly! Just look at these message boards. I happen to enjoy both Moonlight and Hawaii Five-O. I voted for McGarrett even though I like Peter too. Well anyway, I think some people are taking this way too seriously. Take a chill pill. Stop with all the personal attacks. It’s just immature.

4. Ashley Renee says:

I voted for Michael and Alex, miss Alias and love H50. I am going to make a comment, I get there are fandom crazies, this fan of H5O is getting sick of it. Please take you crazies some where else, and leave H5O and Alex alone.

5. Denise says:

Alex o’ loughlin

6. aliasvaughn says:

what’s with the nasty comments?! My goodness, it’s a crush contest, chill out! Alex O’ does just fine on H50 and I do think he’s very crushable. Hence my vote for him despite me being a major JJ Abrams addict. I don’t think I need to repeat that Vaughn is the MOST CRUSHABLE CIA AGENT EVER. LOL. Vartan is perfection personified. And when Vaughn spoke French on Alias, my knees went all fluttery! He’s my first TV husband. Always has been, always will be. VAUGHN rules! ;)

7. Lynn says:

This is so difficult! Peter is hot but Steve is downright sexy and dirty! Got to go with Steve! McDanno rules! The bromance of the century! ;o)

8. Janet Cooper says:

Vaughn got married because he thought Sydney was dead, and Lauren was evil the whole time, she was in on the conspiracy to separate Vaughn & Syd…All orchestrated by Elena Derevko…Lauren used Vaughn the same way that Irina used Jack…None of it was Vaughn’s fault, so don’t blame him…
    Lauren miscalculated though — Vaughn & Sydney’s love could never be broken!!!!
    VAUGHN IS THE Most loyal, loving man ever on TV, and the man I’ve been looking for all my life — and the fact that he looks so EDIBLE in blue boxers is “the puddin’ next to the pie”…

• mully says:

You must not have ever seen The X-Files. As a fan of both Alias and The X-Files, I can assure you that Sydney and Vaughn cannot hold a candle to Mulder and Scully. It’s not that Sydney and Vaughn do not have a good story, they do. But Mulder and Scully transcend typical television love into something so much more: a chemistry and bond that other shows have so far only been able to HOPE to emulate. While I’m not necessarily trying to get you to vote for Mulder, because I see that he will most likely win, I think that you (and anyone else who has never seen it) should give The X-Files a try. It’s well worth it.

• mully says:

By that vague “he,” I meant that Vaughn will most likely win.

• Bookworm says:

I was a fan of both X-Files & Alias. Given Alias came out after X-Files and the Vaughn/Syd relationship came out so much more addictive than Mulder/Scully proves there is no beating the ultimate TV couple. Vaughn (I love Vartan but I love him best as Vaughn) has been and will always be the dreamiest.

9. xphile says:

This is just wrong! Mulder should so not be losing. I mean, I loved Michael Vartan as Vaughn on Alias, but David Duchovny as Mulder was simply… inspired. SO inspiring, in fact, that there’s an entire song about the lust the X-Files fanbase felt for him called “David Duchovny, Why Won’t You Love Me?” The video for this hilarious song (featuring the entire cast of the show and several 90′s stars) can be found on YouTube.

10. Kirstin says:

Seriously? Fillion better win this bitch or I am going to have a very low opinion of mankind. And womankind.

11. Tiziana says:

McGarrett is absolutely the best!!!!!

12. lola says:

ALEX O’LOUGHLIN IS T BEST

13. Anya says:

Steve McGarrett (Alex O´Loughlin) Amazing!! :D

14. aliasvaughn says:

Mulder & Scully could never even remotely compete with Sydney and Vaughn. Not in the same league at all. Sydney and Vaughn were a MUCH better written and much sexier couple. To the day, as far as I’m concerned, Sydney and Vaughn are THE TV couple. I have yet to see a couple so well written and just so “real” despite being in a completely crazy fictional environment. And I watch a LOT of shows. Alias itself IMO was a thousand times better than X-Files especially in terms of direction, originality and filmography. Most TV series to the day have ripped off of Alias. Not a coincidence that the Alias actors are all so popular to the day. And well, JJ Abrams has become one of the biggest names in Hollywood, together with a lot of the producers and writers for Alias. That said, this is Mulder vs Vaughn, not X-Files vs Alias. And in that sense, there’s even less of a doubt. No CIA agent will ever compare to Vaughn in terms of being nearly as crushable. Vaughn/Vartan had it all: he was a badass when needed, he was the perfect man to have by one’s side, gorgeous and sexy. AND thanks to Vartan, he also speaks fluent French. Sorry, there’s no beating that. Not now or ever! The only one who gets vaguely close is Jim Caviezel on “Person of Interest.”

15. holli says:

I cannot believe the total idiots that post on some web sites. Moonlight was a good show but the producers and writers were always at odds with each other, that was why show failed. For Moonlight fans to hate on Alex O’Loughlin because he moved on with his life and is trying to earn a living is just wrong. I hope in your own lives if something happens which is not your fault that people have more compassion. I don’t care that you don’t like him anymore but to totally sabatoge someone because they don’t play a certain role anymore is awful. He did not choose to have the show cancelled that was writing and producing. If there ever was going to be a Moonlight reunion movie after this I sure don’t think he would be up for it. You people are cruel.

16. Kelly Reid says:

I missed this poll but it’s Smoulder Fox Mulder. Of law-enforcement geeks, he was my first love.