The TVLine-Up: TV Worth Watching This Thursday

On TV this Thursday: The Angels’ wings get clipped, Bones and Booth trade places, Vietnam comes to an end and Robert California is ready to jam. As a supplement to TVLine’s original feature stories and reporting (linked to within), here are 11 programs to keep on your radar.

8 pm Charlie’s Angels (ABC) | Goodbye, Angels.

8 pm Community (NBC) | The study group helps Annie move in with Troy and Abed; Dean Pelton blackmails Jeff into hanging out with him at a mall.

8 pm The Big Bang Theory (CBS) | Leonard and Penny try hanging out together, only to cramp each other’s style when the opposite sex comes calling; Sheldon must overcome his fear of birds.

8:30 pm Parks and Recreation (NBC) | Leslie enlists Ben, Andy and April to host a Model U.N. for Pawnee Central High School; Chris asks Ann for advice when a date cancels on him.

Vampire Diaries‘ Joseph Morgan on Klaus’ Mystic Falls Homecoming: ‘There Will Be Blood’

9 pm Grey’s Anatomy (ABC) | No, it’s not quite another “shooter on the loose,” but this fall finale (the show returns in January) nonetheless is quite the nail-biter. Read my spoiler-free review here.

9 pm Bones (Fox) | After Booth is caught off-guard by an announcement Brennan makes about their baby, they agree to walk in each other’s shoes to diffuse the tension. Elsewhere, the case of the week is a colorful, clever winner involving a competitive eating champion, while the Jeffersonian team meets their exceptionally brilliant new squintern… who happens to be a former juvenile delinquent.

9 pm Vietnam In HD (History) | The three-part series concludes with the last American troops returning home, the fall of Saigon and the unification of Vietnam.

9 pm The Office (NBC) | Pam enlists Dwight to prove that Jim thinks the new temp (‘Til Death‘s Lindsey Broad) is attractive; Robert California asks Andy, Darryl and Kevin if he can join their band.

Secret Circle Preview: Trouble for Charles and Dawn, Ethan’s New Role and More Death Ahead

10 pm Private Practice (ABC) | Amelia’s addiction spins further out of control as she plays hooky from work with a new fling (Trauma‘s Wes Brown) and starts writing prescriptions for herself; Addison and Jake find themselves at odds; Cooper, Charlotte and Mason begin to form a family bond — much to Erica’s chagrin. (Cry me a river, honey.)

10 pm Burn Notice (USA Network) | When gang warfare fells one of Michael’s childhood friends, he teams up with the victim’s brother to entrap the hoods in a weapons scheme; Sam goes undercover on a college campus to gather intel on Anson.

10 pm Prime Suspect (NBC) | Jane uses a personal experience from her past to solve the case of a young boy found dead at his preschool.

Which of the above is must-see TV for you? And by all means, hit the Comments to offer tune-in suggestions of your own!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. sally says:

You forgot about two characters in Private Practice: Pete and Violet!

2. Jan says:

Grey’s Anatomy.

3. paula says:

4. James says:

The Vampire Diaries!! Looks like it’ll be a hard two month hiatus for us fans!

And The Mentalist & Person of Interest aren’t worth watching anymore? They are the best!

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

1) I will not tout every show every week.
      2) They’re both repeats tonight ;)

• Kathryn says:

So does that mean The Vampire Diaries finale isn’t as good as it’s been hyped up to be?

• Scott says:

There’s a link to a full Vampire Diaries article above. If the site promotes a show with a full article, Matt typically just links to that, rather than adding it to the list.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

For that helpful assist you just earned 750 TVLine Power User points, which alas are redeemable for not a thing. (And the links are now in full-color bold! I’m working on 3-D next.)

• Asha says:

Matt, I think, needs to bite the bullet and just start including the shows they writer features on in the Worth Watching article. Every week people get all offended that a show isn’t there when there is actually a link to an article featuring said show.

• James says:

Oh sorry. Thanks for clearing that up Matt! :)

@Kathryn: They have given a link for a complete article on the midseason finale! Look at the article again!

5. This was a tough one once again….
    Big Bang Theory
    Rules of Engagement
    Watching Bones, DVRing Grey’s this time and hoping to DVR Secret Circle @friends or will have to catch online.
    Pfew….this season is killing me :(

6. Amy says:

Community! Can’t wait to see how dean blackmails Jeff.. Also Annie moving in with Troy and Abed is going to be awesome

7. Jan says:

Nothing about the Mentalist? That’s what I’ll be watching.

8. Jessica says:

Why are there repeats of Person of Interest and The Mentalist during sweeps?

9. Dawn G. says:

Do you nice folks have an article on “series that haven’t made it”… the ones “on the bubble” and whatnot? I can’t find this year’s article. Much obliged!

• Dawn G. says:

Are you all at least THINKING of creating an article like this? It would be nice to stop looking for shows that have been/are about to be cancelled.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

The only fall premieres still in limbo are: PRIME SUSPECT… A GIFTED MAN… MAN UP… PAN AM… ALLEN GREGORY… and GRIMM. (TERRA NOVA Season 1 always was and only will be 13 episodes, so that’s more a question about renewal for Season 2.)

10. iBazinga says:

Sorry, Lenny fans. I really wanna love these two. I really, REALLY do. Unfortunately, just because the Leonard-Penny relationship was established from the Pilot does not make them Ross & Rachel. No fireworks, no electricity. As a matter of fact, their bedroom scenes always made me cringe the way Amy does when she seduces Sheldon in that delusional harassing way of hers. Ew. Leonard had surprisingly hot sparks with Alice (Courtney Ford). Damn, that woman could kiss! I hope the writers explore this relationship further. Oh, and let Stuart have Amy so she can leave Sheldon the hell alone. We love him as he uniquely is. Nobel Prize first, turn on the right side of his brain for love afterwards, with someone deservedly sweet and charming, please. NOT someone that creepily gets off via an electric toothbrush and a friggin’ orgasm machine. Yes, we Sheldon fans pathetically feel very protective of him, thank you very much. The lovely star of the show deserves much better for his first (and possibly only) love.

• CJ says:

Leonard & Penny definitely AREN’T Ross & Rachel. Leonard and Penny are likable and believable as a couple, unlike Ross & Rachel. The fact that Ross & Rachel reunited in the finalé was the “straw that broke” Friends as a “like,” far as I’m concerned.

11. Courtney says:

Dean Pelton blackmails Jeff into hanging out with him at a mall.

This alone makes me laugh out loud.

12. kevin says:

Watching the final episode of Charlie’s Angels. I’m very sad to see the iconic remake going out with a bang and still emotional about the cancellation. Hope Minka, Rachael and Annie as well as Ramon Rodriguez are definitely moving on to do other projects in the near future. Until then, ANGELS WILL LIVE ON FOREVER. Also watching PRIME SUSPECT but after tonight I’m done watching the UK reboot with Maria Bello as I move on to watch next week’s episode of MENTALIST as well as Person of Interest.

13. Jenna says:

ummm seriously, Grey’s isn’t back until January?!? I wish I could get 6 weeks off in the middle of the year! WTF!

14. Justin says:

I’ll be watching The Big Bang Theory, Charlie’s Angels (bye, Angels), Parks and Recreation, The Office, Prime Suspect, Bones, and Burn Notice. I know I’m in the minority (or alone), but I’ll be a little sorry to see Charlie’s Angels go.

15. TJ. Church says:

1] So you DO respond sometimes! Why nothing when I pointed-out/helped with English mistakes before?

2] Showing repeats on procedurals like “Person” will hurt follow-ability, to say nothing of ratings.

16. Community and Vampire Diaries for me! I have to say, Community has quickly taken over The Big Bang Theory’s weekly spot on my DVR. Also, sad that this is the last Vampire Diaries episode until January!

17. Pam says:

Catching up on shows this week plus BBT.

18. Lisa says:

Parks & Rec
    Vamp Diaries
    Secret Circle
    Burn Notice
    Storm Chasers

19. Jacqi says:

CAN NOT WAIT for BONES tonight! It is wayyy more exciting then Grey’s Anatomy these days. :) Should be a good/funny episode.

20. Fernando says:

Sad to see Charlies Angels go. I love the 70’s show n this coming from a 18 year. I liked the new Verizon, yes it was missing alot but I think in time it could have became a great show. The casting was a big part of the failure. I like all three of the girls but together it did not seem believeable like it did with the 70’s girl, I like monks but she wasn’t right for the role, I think the only one who was cast right was rachel aka Abby. They should have cast Katie Cassidy on the show along with Rachel two blinds would have been great and Drew berrymore should have been on it as a side to help the show or made her bosely lol.

21. laur2222 says:

big bang
    rules of engagement
    private practice

Big bang (mom wants me to tape it for her)
    bones (for myself cause now i fell inlove with it)
    mentalist (even tho its a repeat)

tomorrow i have to watch the bones i missed and the glee i missed this past week as well.

22. Laura says:

Matt, thanks for posting Wes Brown’s name as the guest star on Private Practice – I couldn’t figure out where I had seen him before – I forgot he was on True Blood.