True Blood Exclusive: Mom's the Word for My Name Is Earl Alum

True Blood is introducing the woman who gave life to late werewolf packmaster Marcus, and they found one tough mother to play her.

True Blood Spoiler Alert: Meet Eric’s Vampire ‘Sister’

My Name is Earl character actress Dale Dickey — who knows a thing or two about channeling formidable, backwoods matriarchs (see: her acclaimed, award-winning performance in last year’s Winter’s Bone) — is joining the HBO hit as Annie, Marcus’ werewolf mother.

Powerful and respected within the pack due to her late son’s position, Annie is determined to perform a particular ritual. Might said ritual involve making Alcide pay for whacking her demon spawn?

True Blood Scoop: Are We About to Meet Alcide’s Daddy?

Dickey is set to recur throughout TB‘s upcoming fifth season.

Comments (19)

• Ouh, good news!
    I miss ‘My Name is Earl’ and all of its crazy (but lovable) characters!

Comment by I'mNotOrMaybeYes – November 10, 2011 08:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She’s perfect for Marcus’s mother! Sam: meet Emma’s grandmother!

Comment by Guess – November 11, 2011 05:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “Powerful and respected within the back”

Pack :)

Comment by Michael Sacal – November 10, 2011 08:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I always confuse her with Wendy on Breaking Bad.

Comment by Alex – November 10, 2011 08:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Dickey played a character on one Breaking Bad episode. Remeber the ATM machine junkie couple with the kid that Jessie encounters?

Comment by Olive – November 11, 2011 11:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • YESSSS! I was just thinking that!

Junkie dude: “You’re a skank.”
        Dickey’s character: “I ain’t no skank.”
        Junkie dude: “Skank skank skank skank skank!”
        [Dickey's character shoves ATM machine on Junkie dude's head]

Love it!

Comment by Twista – November 15, 2011 12:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Its drepressing seeing such a great actress playing a lame-ass supernatural creature as TB Were. Weres are poorly written and boring characters on the show; their not as interesting as shifters or vampires.

Comment by Fsanchez – November 10, 2011 08:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hey, did you ever think she’s also an actress that needs a paycheck?

Comment by Joey C – November 10, 2011 10:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fall finale on Grey’s Anatomy? Already?? Didn’t we just start the fall season?

Comment by Lisa – November 10, 2011 09:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She looks like she could be related to Brit Morgan’s Debbie…lol

Comment by Tnoble – November 10, 2011 10:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay – Patti the Day Hooker!!

Comment by Sue – November 10, 2011 10:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love her and can’t wait to see her in TB!!!!

Comment by Bobby – November 10, 2011 12:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • make more My Name Is Earl.

Comment by smilyface – November 11, 2011 09:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • wow! I love Dale Dickey in Breaking Bad and Winter’s Bone

Comment by John – November 11, 2011 05:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t wait to see her in the new season of TB! She was also on the TV Series Sordid Lives! Great news :)

Comment by trufanva – November 13, 2011 07:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She looks more like Debbie Pelts monster..err mother!

Comment by eharrison – November 15, 2011 03:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • boring!wat the hel is she going 2 do? Avenge her son’s death.tsk tsk tsk…isnt sam merlotte more occupied? AB is captaining the titanic

Comment by bored – November 15, 2011 09:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t wait for the fifth season my man Chris Meloni is going to be staring in it this season too yay I am so excited finally the get a real sexy man on the show. There isn’t a man on this planet sexier then Chris Meloni it will never happen no matter how hard any man tries they won’t come close to Chris. Sorry guys keep dreaming. True blood will rock this season I can’t wait.

Comment by kimberly Allred – December 5, 2011 12:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post