Exclusive

Exclusive: Bones Spinoff The Finder Hits Jackpot, Pockets 50 Cent For Rare TV Stint

The Finder has procured a pretty money guest star.

The Bones spinoff has tapped 50 Cent to appear in a winter episode directed by David Boreanaz, TVLine has learned exclusively.

The actor-rapper-entrepreneur will play Big Glade, a successful, intimidating hip-hop mogul who is desperate to find the lost tracks of a deceased rap artist on his music label.

He enlists the help of Walter (Geoff Stults) to find the missing property before it’s leaked and he loses millions in revenue. The dark twist? Walter quickly discovers that Big Glade will stop at nothing to get the material back.

The Finder will air Thursdays at 9/8c beginning in January. The Boreanaz-helmed 50 Cent episode is slated to air in February.

This marks an extremely rare TV detour for 50 Cent, whose acting work has been mostly concentrated on the big screen.

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: Casting News, Exclusive, News, Scoop

1. Maggie says:

Desperate much? Still not watching this!

2. Paul says:

someone is desperate…still not watching this

3. Carrie says:

WHO CARES? Will not be watching.

4. Cameron says:

I’m not sure getting 50 Cent to act on a show is a jackpot….

5. kika says:

Big score! The Finder production must have quite the budget to get 50 Cent, no pun intended :) This episode directed by Boreanaz, guest starred by the Big-M….r-Kahuna-of-Rap will be a much hyped one. Quite intriguing.

• Ana Muller says:

David Boreanaz directed this? I guess I have just changed my mind about watching it. Even though I hated the finder and my first impression of it was the worst possible one, I enjoyed when David directed on Bones, maybe this show will grow on me, who knows?

6. Sara says:

I read this headline on Twitter and was very confused at why The Finder was getting fifty cents for something. This makes a lot more sense now.

7. luke says:

“Rare TV Stint”

Are you kidding me Ausiello? Had this been about someone with great “achieved” stature in this industry I don’t know lets say Robert Redford I’d understand but this tool? So what now we should be all grateful, ooohhhh 50 Cent’s gonna be on TV ooohhh we better make sure we watch because some one “so called hit” rapper is going to appear on a show which will be cancelled after six or less episodes, and this might be our only opportunity to see his face…

Dammit!!!

8. Samara says:

Have you seen the premiere to this show yet, Mike? I saw the “pilot” in the “Bones” episode and liked it but I heard they changed out the girl. So that might change out the dynamics too much. I think I’ll give it a chance but I was curious if you’d seen it and what you thought of it.

• econruth says:

I’m so glad they replaced the girl bartender with the really annoying accent. Knowing that, I’ll give it another try.

9. zaza says:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t the point of having a “twist” is that the viewers don’t see it coming? And having just told us that something will be a twist, it is…in fact…no longer a twist?

• vic says:

The “twist” always concerns the plot, the storyline, not the guest star. There is always some sort of promotion for the guest star while the “plot twist” remains a secret. Capisci?

10. dg says:

HATERSSSSSSSS!

11. Aljo says:

How is 50 considered a “one hit song” when he has 2 albums that sold more than 10,000,000?

12. JAMES says:

GO TWIST YOUR CAT’S TAIL.