Exclusive: Bones Spinoff The Finder Hits Jackpot, Pockets 50 Cent For Rare TV Stint

The Finder has procured a pretty money guest star.

The Bones spinoff has tapped 50 Cent to appear in a winter episode directed by David Boreanaz, TVLine has learned exclusively.

The actor-rapper-entrepreneur will play Big Glade, a successful, intimidating hip-hop mogul who is desperate to find the lost tracks of a deceased rap artist on his music label.

He enlists the help of Walter (Geoff Stults) to find the missing property before it’s leaked and he loses millions in revenue. The dark twist? Walter quickly discovers that Big Glade will stop at nothing to get the material back.

The Finder will air Thursdays at 9/8c beginning in January. The Boreanaz-helmed 50 Cent episode is slated to air in February.

This marks an extremely rare TV detour for 50 Cent, whose acting work has been mostly concentrated on the big screen.

Comments (24)

• Desperate much? Still not watching this!

Comment by Maggie – November 10, 2011 01:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • how weird are you people to comment that you won’t be watching? why not read the headline and move on? go play with your cats.

Comment by jamie – November 10, 2011 02:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Cringe fans want new shows to fail in order to keep that crapfest on the air.

Comment by Anna – November 11, 2011 09:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yawn.

Comment by James – November 10, 2011 01:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • someone is desperate…still not watching this

Comment by Paul – November 10, 2011 01:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WHO CARES? Will not be watching.

Comment by Carrie – November 10, 2011 01:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • because you’ll be at the cat factory!

Comment by jamie – November 11, 2011 01:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m not sure getting 50 Cent to act on a show is a jackpot….

Comment by Cameron – November 10, 2011 01:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • IS YOUR CAT NAMED JACKPOT?

Comment by JAMIE – November 11, 2011 01:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Big score! The Finder production must have quite the budget to get 50 Cent, no pun intended :) This episode directed by Boreanaz, guest starred by the Big-M….r-Kahuna-of-Rap will be a much hyped one. Quite intriguing.

Comment by kika – November 10, 2011 01:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • David Boreanaz directed this? I guess I have just changed my mind about watching it. Even though I hated the finder and my first impression of it was the worst possible one, I enjoyed when David directed on Bones, maybe this show will grow on me, who knows?

Comment by Ana Muller – November 10, 2011 03:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I read this headline on Twitter and was very confused at why The Finder was getting fifty cents for something. This makes a lot more sense now.

Comment by Sara – November 10, 2011 02:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “Rare TV Stint”

Are you kidding me Ausiello? Had this been about someone with great “achieved” stature in this industry I don’t know lets say Robert Redford I’d understand but this tool? So what now we should be all grateful, ooohhhh 50 Cent’s gonna be on TV ooohhh we better make sure we watch because some one “so called hit” rapper is going to appear on a show which will be cancelled after six or less episodes, and this might be our only opportunity to see his face…

Dammit!!!

Comment by luke – November 10, 2011 03:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • oooooooh you are very fancy with all of your “oooohs”. looooooooooohser

Comment by james – November 11, 2011 01:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Have you seen the premiere to this show yet, Mike? I saw the “pilot” in the “Bones” episode and liked it but I heard they changed out the girl. So that might change out the dynamics too much. I think I’ll give it a chance but I was curious if you’d seen it and what you thought of it.

Comment by Samara – November 10, 2011 04:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m so glad they replaced the girl bartender with the really annoying accent. Knowing that, I’ll give it another try.

Comment by econruth – November 10, 2011 08:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t the point of having a “twist” is that the viewers don’t see it coming? And having just told us that something will be a twist, it is…in fact…no longer a twist?

Comment by zaza – November 10, 2011 04:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The “twist” always concerns the plot, the storyline, not the guest star. There is always some sort of promotion for the guest star while the “plot twist” remains a secret. Capisci?

Comment by vic – November 11, 2011 06:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HATERSSSSSSSS!

Comment by dg – November 10, 2011 08:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • the only thing they don’t HATE are CATS!

Comment by JAMIE – November 11, 2011 01:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How is 50 considered a “one hit song” when he has 2 albums that sold more than 10,000,000?

Comment by Aljo – November 10, 2011 10:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • GO TWIST YOUR CAT’S TAIL.

Comment by JAMES – November 11, 2011 02:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post