Ringer Books Supernatural's Misha Collins

Supernatural‘s heavenly angel has returned to Earth.

Misha Collins — aka the Winchesters’ ally-turned-foe Castiel on the spooktacular CW series — will guest-star on the network’s rookie drama Ringer.

Ringer Scoop: Ex Marks the Spot for Andrea Roth

Per TVGuide.com, Collins will appear in Episode 14 as Dylan, a man that both Bridget and Siobhan have a past with and who is partly responsible for the wedge between them.

Collins’ fan favorite character on Supernatural was seemingly killed off in this season’s second episode, but showrunner Sera Gamble has said she hopes to bring back the actor in some form.

1. Snapy says:

Dammit. I HATE Castiel, so I am not thrilled to have to put up with him on Ringer now.

• Ace says:

My response was the opposite: “Man, I really have no desire to watch this show, but I LOVE Misha. I guess I’m in.” (Heck, I sat through that horrible Stonehenge Apocalypse Syfy movie for the guy. I can handle watching whole bunch of actors I like doing stuff I really don’t care about for an hour.)

• Snapy says:

The guy ruined Supernatural and now he’s out to ruin Ringer. Ugh!

• Ace says:

To each his own, I suppose. Castiel is the reason I became interested in the show in the first place, though I’m certainly still watching without him.

• Snapy says:

And from someone who’s been loyal to Supernatural since the very first episode back in September 2005, I can tell you Castiel and all that angel bullsh!t baggage is the worst thing that ever happened to Supernatural.

• Ace says:

I wouldn’t say it’s being disloyal to have never heard of the show. After I’d seen the first half of S4, I watched all of the first three seasons over the Winter hellatus. I’m just saying that we both have a right to our opinions. (And I’d like to suggest that we keep things civil here, so as not to lend credence to SPN fans’ unfortunate reputation.) Personally, as much as I do love Cas, I also love the show when it’s just Sam and Dean against the world.

• Emma says:

(@Snapy) And from someone else who’s been loyal to the show since the pilot, I love what Cas & the angel mythology brought to the show. That doesn’t make 1-3 any less entertaining. Although I do love the logic behind ‘time watching show = level of authority’ in your comment. Get over yourself, if you don’t like Cas, don’t watch seasons 4+. Instead just keep watching the same 3 seasons over, and over, and over…

• Pagie says:

Umm, Okay. If you didn’t like Castiel, that’s cool each too their own but unless you didn’t like Castiel’s performance a.k.a Misha’s performance then their is no reason you should dislike Misha. If you think Castiel ruined Supernatural that’s cool but blame the writers. Misha didn’t create Cas he just portrayed him on scree.n

• Snapy says:

Misha brought Castiel to life in the most annoying of ways. It’s the actor’s fault for making the character unlikable.

• Logan says:

Snapy – Writers play a big hand in making characters unlikable, not actors, dear. ;) It’s one thing to agree to disagree, but stop trying to shove your opinion down other people’s throats. It’s sad.

• lorna says:

He was great on SPN, s6 sucked but I blame Sera. Ringer has gotten much better, still not my fave, but I like the guest stars they have, Jason Dohring, soon to be Amber Benson, and now Misha!

• FockingHell says:

Sera, stop posting on TV websites and save your damn show!

• Laney says:

No no, my dear. FIRING Misha and destroying Castiel ruined Supernatural. Well, that and the crap writing that’s creeped into a once great show these past two seasons. Sad.

I might have to check out Ringer. I miss Misha on my TV.

• Katy says:

I too sat throught Stonehenge Apocalypse for him!!!! But I’m lucky as I love BOTH Misha AND the Ringer, so it’s win-win for me!!

• A says:

Well, the actor’s not going to be portraying Castiel on Ringer, so I think you’re in luck. . .

• Snapy says:

He’s annoying either way!!

• me says:

@Snapy

Wow, it seems really important to you that people know you think Misha Collins/Castiel is annoying. You really haven’t explained why that’s your opinion or supported it.

My own opinion (as someone with SPN since pilot lol): Cas’ angel plotline was great. If the show had tried to be what it was for the first three seasons, I’m not sure it would still be here today, and I loved 1-3. Shows have to evolve, change, and take risks to survive. And really, don’t blame an actor for making a character annoying unless you explain what you found annoying.

• e0wyn says:

A+ to this comment!

• Catherine says:

For someone who started watching from the beginning. I loved when they added Castiel and the whole Angel story line. But hey it’s your choice to hate on an amazing actor.

• RJ says:

From someone who watched SPN from the begining, absolutely loved Cas/Misha. We need him back big time on the show.

• Snapy says:

No you don’t. Season 7 is proving Supernatural is better off without Castiel. The first 3 seasons are the best. Those are the seasons that defined the show and made it so good. Cas ruined it all.

• James says:

I think all the seasons of Spnl are great, except season 6. Season 5 was the best because of the Lucifer arc. Castiel’s addition to the show in season 4 was brilliant and I had goosebumps when they introduced him. I miss Castiel, but Misha will come back to the show as Levi-Cas in future episodes. And Misha is a fine actor!

• RJ says:

Cas simply makes the show better–he a great support along with Bobby for the boys.

• nicky says:

I don’t like Castiel either, but I was happy for Misha to be on Ringer, since that would mean he gets to show his talent, yet we won’t see him on SPN anymore – happy until I read that it’s only a guest star role. :(

I really like that SPN is taking a break from the angel plot, though.

• Jack says:

STFU Snapy! I loved Castiel’s character. When they killed him, I was sad, but I knew it was necessary to make the fans more invested in the show. I still love Spnl. Misha Collins is a great actor, don’t badmouth him! I don’t watch Ringer, but I’ll watch this episode just to see how he does on the show.

2. Ace says:

Apparently I’ll be watching an episode of The Ringer. Vlada, do you know the air date for this ep?

3. Rhian says:

Can’t wait to see this, Ringer needed something of a boost and it doesn’t come better than Misha!

4. Kay says:

I am ecstatic to see Misha on another show and in another role, AND WITH DIFFERENT CLOTHES!

I hope this is just the beginning. Misha needs to start guest starring on the bigger networks.

5. Renee says:

Really excited for this! Have watched Ringer now and then but to hear Misha’s gonna be on it is great. Can’t wait to see this episode.

6. Stevo says:

Please keep him on Ringer, then we won’t have him back on Supernatural, his character ran its course but I wish him lots of luck with his career and hope he gets a good role on another show, just not back to Supe. Keep him recurring on Ringer please.

7. Ashley says:

This is FANTASTIC news. I can’t wait to see Misha on Ringer.

8. Mell says:

Now can people stop saying Supernatural is the only show that do stunt casting.lol

9. Lisa says:

Fabulous!

10. Mikaylah says:

I don’t understand people who don’t like Misha (or Castiel). I am a HUGE fan. Not only did I love his character on Supernatural, but he is such an inspiring person as well and I follow the work he does with Random Acts. I’m excited to see him on Ringer, a show I am already enjoying tremendously. :)

• Ace says:

I like your attitude, Mikaylah! Even if you don’t like his character or his acting, you have to acknowledge that he’s a pretty awesome human being.

• Kat says:

Team you guys! I totally agree. I had ups and downs with Castiel, but I love Misha. He is hilarious, sincere and does a lot of good work for worthy causes. Seems like he’ll be a pretty pivotal character on Ringer too.

11. Freedomwatcher38 says:

Too bad Ringer is such an awful show, Misha deserves better like maybe a big reoccurring arc on NCIS or even Law and Order SVU =) anything is better than Ringer.

I might not have liked the character on SPN but I think Misha is a great actor ;)

12. Jayne says:

I’ve never been interested in Ringer but I love Misha Collins. He was great on Supernatural. So I’ll be checking out this episode.

13. Q says:

Is it possible for a show to have too many hot men?

14. aaron says:

Go back to supernatural where I can actually watch you

15. Brooklyn says:

Sera ‘hopes’ to bring him back? Why not just do so, she’s the show runner! So much can be done with this character! He can fall, we can watch him and the Winchesters fix their friendship, he can become part of the family, learn to be human, deal with everything that goes with facing the consequences of his actions (though I still don’t think he did anything wrong. Dean needs to realize that). I think they completely wasted the land mine of potential Cas’ character offered the show. If I wanted to have the old supernatural back, I’d pop in a DVD.

16. G says:

I love Ringer!! This character sounds great. I’ve been wondering when they’d address the nature of the origins of the twins rift.

17. Sandy says:

Do you not know the difference between a character and an actor????? Also, Ringer is already ruined because of the suckiness.

18. J.L.T. says:

Well, I’m going to start watching Ringer now! Still holding out hope that Castiel returns to Supernatural though.

19. Penney says:

I’ll be happy to see Misha on Ringer, but I’d be happier to see him back on Supernatural. Make it so, Sera!

20. alyssa says:

I personally love both Misha and Ringer so this is a match made in heaven (pun intended). I was legitimately frightened by his character in Lifetime’s Karla and to me that just shows how versatile and talented Misha is. I’m excited to see him do more as an actor.

• Snapy says:

Funny you should mention Karla. The events of that movie took place in my neighbourhood—one of the girls was taken at the corner store at the end of my street.

• Wicked says:

Perhaps this is why you have such a hate on for Misha/Castiel. You are subconsciously associating him with Paul Bernardo.

21. Joline says:

I love this show but there are way too many characters and storylines to keep track of at this point. Also – too many vanilla, clean cut, pretty boys on this show. Love Malcom to give us some diversity – couldn’t we have a little more with this person? Do we realllllllly need another boy toy on this show???!!!!!!!!!

22. Ella says:

Mishaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! How anyone can NOT love him is beyond me. I really miss Castiel like my insides but can’t wait to see him on TV again.

23. O rly says:

Misha was cast on Ringer, not Castiel. Who cares if you hate Castiel? It still doesn’t change the fact that there are others that are more of a fan than a hater like you.

24. IronManOrion says:

I have been a Supernatural fan since DAY ONE and I LOVE Castiel!!!!! He has been one of the best additions to the show and I hope to see him back soon!!! Misha is such an awesome guy…but Cas is the man!!!!!

25. Marie says:

MISHA!!!!!! YEEPEE!!!!! I am so happy about that news!!!

26. O rly says:

The fact is your opinion will not change how his fans feel about Misha. So who are YOU trying to convince with your self loathing?

27. Evyn says:

Glad we will see Misha again, but I still want him back on SPN.

And if the show is better without him how come the ratings are lower then they have ever been? 1.7 millon viewers last week when they where above 2 millon last season

28. john b says:

Will Misha be back on Supernatural? where did all the angels go?

29. Karen C says:

The only thing that kept my interest in Supernatural was Castiel. I loved the show before he was on it, but 3 seasons of the same thing was getting boring, until Castiel came and gave the show a new lease of life. I think it’s insane that not only are they not giving him more screen time but they took him away. Insanity. Now the Ringer has him, but I couldn’t care less because that show sucks. We need Misha back on Supernatural.

30. Maheen says:

How can u say dat???? Castiel aka Misha is the best thing about Supernatural , hell I pretty much got obsessed with Supernatural because of him … : ( , don’t worry Misha , don’t listen to the haters

31. Maheen says:

I agree with you , don’t hate Misha ( his just a innocent hot babe) blame the writers , n plus I’m not saying that i am not happy for seeing an angel on the show , I’m actually really thrilled , I was jus saying this opinion to those haters der!!

32. Maheen says:

Never watched ringer but I guess I’m going have to start watching it because of Misha , Love u Misha!! May god bless u n ur family n the work that u do!!! Keep up the good work!! :)

33. Ryan says:

Has anyone ever thought that Misha could come back as Jimmy? Castiel’s vessel? Sure I miss Castiel, but I do agree with some when they say he had a good run – unless the Supernatural crew comes up with an awesome and believable way to bring Castiel back, I’m fine with not seeing Cas. But if they do bring Misha back, I’d like to see Jimmy and what 2 years has been for him with an angel riding. Maybe he would be a hunter?

34. Wicked says:

I started watching Supernatural with the highest of hopes. Got bored by early season 3. Gave up just as the angels were being introduced. Came back to the show after discovering Casteil late in season 6 and had to back track to catch up on the story line. Then Cas was gone. I also watched a lot of the interviews and videos of the various cons Misha attended but compressed into just a few weeks. He turned out to be much more interesting as a person ie. funny, quirky, obviously intelligent and a humanitarian. I also noticed he was becoming ” creeped out” by his fans and referring to the behavior as being “F’d up”. Perhaps it was Misha himself who wanted “out” and Sera is just taking the heat for him. Just a thought. Discussion, please.

35. aya says:

for the record misha/catiel made spn abetter show and he is an amazing actor so keep your bad and horrible comments to your self snapy.