Exclusive: NBC's New Comedy Bent Drafts Friday Night Lights' Jesse Plemons

Landry’s been recruited by a new all-star team!

Friday Night Lights MVP Jesse Plemons is joining NBC’s midseason sitcom Bent in a recurring role, TVLine has learned exclusively.

The comedy, from Scrubs scribe Tad Quill, stars Amanda Peet as a newly divorced single mother who hires an unapologetic womanizer (Perfect Couples‘ David Walton) to remodel her home. Plemons will play a member of the oddball construction crew that also includes Curb Your Enthusiasm‘s J.B. Smooth.

The impressive cast also features Arrested Development patriarch Jeffrey Tambor and Brothers & Sisters‘ Matt Lestcher.

Plemons’ post-FNL credits include a role in next summer’s Peter Berg-helmed blockbuster Battleship.

Comments (20)

• RIP Landry. I will have to try this show now because I love Jesse Plemons.

Comment by Renee – November 10, 2011 12:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will forever love David Walton thanks to Fired Up! (no thanks to Perfect Couples).

Comment by lefty – November 10, 2011 12:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • fully agree! fired up was suprisingly ridiculously funny, awesome movie!

Comment by edd – November 10, 2011 12:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You had me at Jesse Plemons.

Comment by Morgan – November 10, 2011 12:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome!!!! Crucifictorious LIVES!!! lol

Comment by Davey – November 10, 2011 12:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • So many props for the Crucifictorious reference

Comment by Katie – November 10, 2011 01:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Agreed!

Comment by Saracen Riggins – November 10, 2011 01:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How do you get a “major recurring role” in a show that’s only picked up for 6 episodes?

Comment by abc123 – November 10, 2011 12:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If he and Amanda Peet throw a body off a bridge, I call shenanigans.

Comment by Melissa – November 10, 2011 01:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s “J.B. Smoove,” not “Smooth.”

Comment by kyle – November 10, 2011 01:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wasn’t a Scrubs fan, but I’ll give this a chance….just for Landry.

Comment by Magically Suspicious – November 10, 2011 01:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Lance! I mean Landry… ;)

Comment by Saracen Riggins – November 10, 2011 01:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • > who hires an unapologetic womanizer (Perfect Couples‘ David Walton)

Sorry, but I don’t see this being successful, for that reason right there

Comment by Carmichael – November 10, 2011 01:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Being an fan of FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS, Landry Clarke has not been one of my favorite character from the series but I’m hoping if there’s a chance he’ll be back reprising his role in the big screen version of FNL but the new NBC sitcom BENT is definitely one of the worst new shows of midseason.

Comment by kevin – November 10, 2011 02:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lance in a comedy? I can’t see how no-one thought of this earlier!

Comment by Alex – November 10, 2011 02:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay for Jesse! I’ll watch the show because of him. I hope it’s good.

Comment by Bella – November 10, 2011 03:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i have a really hard time thinking this series is gonna work. but Amanda Peet e good and Tad Quill wrote some fime episodes in scrubs.

Comment by João Amaral – November 10, 2011 05:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Landry.<3 ill love him forever, gonna give this show a shot cause I love Jesse!!!<3

Comment by frostyy – November 10, 2011 06:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really wish Plemons well. What a character he created!I hope he’s chosen a good show as a followup.

Sadly, too many of the former FNL actors have ended up in crappy shows: Connie Britton in American Horror Show??? And a couple of FNL stars in the absurd Hart of Dixie. Yikes.

The entire FNL cast did an an Emmy-winning job and they deserve better than this.

Comment by RDanca – November 10, 2011 06:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It was killing me where this guy was from; broke down and looked it up. The kid from Observe and Report!

This show seems DOA, but I love me some Amanda Peet…

Comment by D – November 11, 2011 07:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post