Glee Preview Video: Watch the Troubletones Tackle an Adele Mashup

Get More: Glee, Previews, Video

And now a clip from next Tuesday’s Glee (8/7 c on Fox) that will have you wondering why the heck Mercedes was forced to attend New Directions’ booty camp. Indeed, Ms. Jones shakes it on down with Santana, Brittany, and the rest of the Troubletones on a mashup of Adele’s “Rumour Has It” and “Someone Like You” — which just so happens to be the show’s 300th musical performance!

Glee Season 3, Episode 5 Recap: The Sex Factor

Rachel and Kurt, beware, this performance is visually awesome. And vocally (thanks to Amber Riley and Naya Rivera) it’s even awesome-er. Press play, enjoy, repeat. Then hit the comments and share your thoughts on this little slice of preview heaven.

Comments (88)

• Troubletones rock !!

Comment by Jackson – November 10, 2011 09:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hot damn! That was so awesomely dramatic! I love Santana. She is amazing!

Comment by Mandy – November 10, 2011 10:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Who are those 30 year olds they always find to dance in the background?

Comment by Jelly – November 11, 2011 08:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want my two favorites to do a duet i.e. Lea Michele and Naya Rivera. I would love it. Amber’s voice while good, just does nothing for me.

Comment by Ash – November 11, 2011 10:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree, Amber has a good voice, but it doesn’t have that spark of originality, maybe, in it. She’s great at those big, high notes, but she isn’t someone I like to focus on. Mercedes is a diva – in a negative fashion – whereas Rachel may be a diva, but she has that spark of talent to back it up. As annoying as people find her character to be sometimes, you have to remember she has actually worked her ENTIRE life to get to the point she’s at today. Mercedes hasn’t, she just sometimes expects that because she has a good enough voice, that she deserves the same amount of attention. And let’s not forget that not everyone is created equally in talent, some ARE born with better voices. I wanted to be a professional singer when I was a kid, but the fact is I’m just not that good, I have very limited range.

Comment by Miranda – November 11, 2011 11:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This was covered in The First Time but it was butchered by the edits and the use as play over………..would have loved it to have been shown complete.

Comment by Ian – November 12, 2011 02:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If it’s bad, I don’t wanna be good! I LOVE the Troubletones. And I’m like someone else, I’ve been totally underwhelmed by this season; starting with the premiere, I’ve been severely disappointed. My interest kept diminishing until last episode, I ended up just turning to the channel but not even paying attention :/

But episode 6? My face will be GLUED to the television.

Comment by Jeree' – November 11, 2011 04:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Am I the only one that thinks they should do a mashup of a couple songs that can highlight Naya, Amber, and Lea’s voices, that they could split equally, with a little mesh from Dianna Agron too. Now that would win them Nationals.

Comment by Miranda – November 11, 2011 11:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Amazing performance…Naya has the ability to put such emotion into performances simply by the looks she gives when she’s singing. I’m concerned about what this performance means for her and Brittany though…because it really seems as though she’s singing it towards Brittany. Does this mean that Brittany has possibly found someone else?

Comment by Tina – November 15, 2011 10:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I guess it’s just me, but I really don’t care for this mashup. Each song sounds fine (Amber’s voice is especially strong) but the two songs just don’t work together for me. They’re polar opposites in every way. I like Naya’s voice, but she isn’t suited for Adele. Not even close. Definitely one of my least favorite mashups. Of course, Someone Like You has been one of my favorite songs for months, so maybe that’s why. You can’t touch Adele’s version.

Comment by Christina – November 15, 2011 05:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sorry people, but I have to make two points. Firstly Naya does have a good voice, but she’s shouting to hit the notes – just listen to “Don’t forget me….” and compare it to Adele’s which is just beautiful and painfully soulful. As for Autotuning – it’s a necessary evil of Glee due to the fact that their key stars are now so old that the only credible way to make them sound like teenagers is to change the pitch of what they’re singing. I’ve seen Lea in a live Broadway musical. Of course she has an amazing voice – but naturally it sounds a LOT older. And of course they all lip sync to the numbers – that’s the way videos are made – vocals are recorded separately. It makes me laugh when people say they can “tell” that actors are lip syncing. Of course they are! If you want to hear what teenagers with decent voices really sound like go back and watch The Glee Project, or early rounds of American Idol or X Factor. Even though you hate having new characters come in to Glee, these late 20-years olds are way too unrealistic. They should age cast appropriately like British TV – oh wait, US censors won’t allow it. Look what happened to Skins. The one thing I don’t understand is the inconsistency in show quality from week to week. They have their pick of writers…. go figure.

Comment by Larushka – November 19, 2011 09:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post