Ratings: NCIS Hits Season High, LA Catches New Girl, Sex-y Glee Inches Up in Demo

That NCIS is one feisty nine-year-old.

TV’s most-watched drama series this week hit a season high by cracking the 20 million viewer ceiling for the first time this fall, and again topped Tuesday with the 18-49 demo. All told, it drew 20.3 mil while scoring a 4.1, up a few percentage points week-to-week.

Offshoot NCIS: Los Angeles (15.6 mil/3.4) had a good night as well, matching Fox’s New Girl for the first time this season in the demo (with its first half hour). The good news for Fox is that if New Girl‘s rating is adjusted up in the Nielsen finals, as it was last week, it will have held steady after returning from its X Factor/baseball hiatus with a decrease.

Now, let’s talk about Glee sex, baby! The buzzy episode of the musical dramedy, with 6.9 million viewers and a 3.1 rating, inched up a tenth in the demo, but dipped 8 percent in total audience week-to-week.

Michael Slezak’s Glee Recap: The Sex Factor

Going hour-by-hour….

8 pm | ABC’s Last Man Standing (9.2 mil/2.6) and Man Up (6.22 mil/1.7) each dipped to hit season lows. The Biggest Loser (6.8 mil/2.4) gained 2 percent. With 1.55 million viewers and a 0.7, 90210 was up 5 and 7 percent.

Dancing With the Stars: Did the Right Couple Fall Just Short of the Semifinals?

9 pm | Dancing With the Stars‘ results show (14.9 mil/2.7) was down 4 percent week-to-week. Raising Hope, at 4.6 mil and a 2.1, dropped 15 percent. Ringer (1.7 mil/0.7) was down 6 and 12 percent. (By the way, how much of a cheat was that business dinner scene?! Groan.)

10 pm | CBS’ Unforgettable dominated the hour with 11.6 million viewers and a 2.4 rating, up a bit week-to-week. ABC’s news special (8.64 mil/1.7) delivered 90 percent of Body of Proof‘s numbers. Parenthood (5.24 mil/2.0) held steady in viewers but dipped 7 percent in the demo.

What were you tuned into this Tuesday?

1. Brandon says:

Good to hear!

2. Mikaylah says:

I love NCIS. I know it’s viewers skew on the older side, but I’m only 23 and I’ve been watching it regularly since probably the 3rd season. Of course, thanks to USA, I’ve seen every single episode more than once. :)

• Ncis fan says:

:) ya I have seen most ncis episodes more than once, am sixteen years old and have been watching for many years now. Love the show, love mark Harmon and the rest of the cast! (Tony and Ducky FTW :D)

• Plum says:

Last night was the best NCIS ep I’ve seen in probably ever; it kept ratcheting up the suspense like a Bogart movie and then it ended with this huge twist that was emotional; can’t wait for the concusion next week. It was a kick ass salute the Marines; I wonder if they really shot parts of in DC.

• Gee says:

I also love NCIS and have watched episodes more than once courtesy of USA and am 25.

3. Stephanie says:

Yay! I was hoping this episode did well in the ratings; it was fantastic. Something tells me next week will be equally good (both story- and ratings-wise). :)

4. Lois Popa says:

NCIS is one show that family can watch,some sex but not alot, no cursing plus shows respect for military. The actors are decent people too,don,t read negatve things about them. I think this why so popular,people tired of crap.

5. kevin says:

PARENTHOOD still the best show to watch every Tuesday nights on NBC not the best with NCIS. The Mark Harmon series still can’t catch a break as does NCIS: Los Angeles and Unforgettable can be a huge disaster ’cause of Poppy Montgomery and the insanely tank tops her character wears in some of her episodes which is something I can forget.

• Ncis fan says:

Are you not reading the article? Ncis as well as unforgettable are both hitti g highs, people love them. What do you mean they aren’t catching a break? 20+ million views sounds sure like they are the best/most watched show on tuesday, not to mention the entire week as well!

• kevin says:

On the other hand, this is why NCIS still didn’t get no Emmy love year after year ’cause the way it took over for CSI: Crime Scene Investigation. In your face CBS.

• Tico says:

Kevin, you talk like a sausage. You are inarticulate and wrong.

• Ashley says:

The Emmys are getting increasingly irrelavent year after year. They ignore what the viewers and (in most cases) critics like in favor of nominating the same people and shows over and over again. Pretty soon the only people who care about that award will be the couple of million of people who actually watch the ten shows they always nominate.

6. Sally says:

Wow NCSI!
    This is the strongest drama cbs show, 20 millions is amazing. It got twice the viewers than the lame Hawaii 5-0. LMAO. Go Marc!

7. Snapy says:

C’mon, Ringer!! Get those ratings up!
    The business dinner didn’t feel right to me. Tyler’s comments should have immediately raised a red flag for Bridget.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

That’s what I’m saying. At minimum, if I meet a gal who is a dead ringer for my overseas booty call, I’m going to say, out loud there at the table, “Wow, do you have a twin or something? Because…” But I “get” that if Tyler were to do so, it’d reveal to Bridge that her sister is actually alive. Once Andrew invited Tyler to NYC, I assumed they’d do a “Oops, just missed her” series of dodges and ducks.

• Marc says:

If anything, I thought the business dinner scene just made that guy look unbelievably stupid. As if thinking the girl you were with in Paris flew to New York instead of going to Rome with you is the first thing you’d think — especially when the one in New York acts like she’s never met you. It was a neat twist but they played the confrontation card waaay too early. Also, with Bridget being as inquisitive as she usually is, she should’ve followed-up to find out what the heck was going on with this dude. Some weeks the show is great but on others, all the characters seem brain dead and things are resolved with thudding anti-climaxes (like the baby drama for instance.) I like the show but it’s just frustrating that they can’t seem to keep the quality level up.

• I Heart Damon Salvatore (and Chuck Bass) says:

I disagree. I don’t think it should have raised a red flag for Bridget. She knows Shiv had at least one affair (Henry). If I met a guy who thought he’d hooked up with me, my immediate response wouldn’t be, “OMG, is my presumed dead twin really alive?” it would be “OMG, my presumed dead twin was such a hussy. How many guys did she cheat on Andrew with?”

As for that guy, I don’t really have much issue with his response. She said she couldn’t go to Rome with him. Once he saw her in New York, he probably figured she nixed Rome because she had to go home to her husband. And, as for her acting like she didn’t know him … would most women who were having affairs with their husband’s coworkers sit down at the table and be all BFF? He probably just thought she was giving him the brushoff so Andrew wouldn’t expect anything.

At least, that was my take.

• I Heart Damon Salvatore (and Chuck Bass) says:

Ugh. *Suspect*, not expect.

Also another thing to keep in mind is that Bridget has only been playing Shiv for like a month, maybe less. So, she’s probably expecting a lot of Shiv’s dirty secrets to come out of the woodwork still.

• Carrie says:

In the preview for next week’s ep, it looks like she’s starting to figure out that her sister is still alive, so I guess it did raise a red flag and that was probably the intention. It looks like Bridget is supposed to find out soon. I think she was completely stunned and maybe thought the guy was crazy for a minute. I would have. My first thought wouldn’t have been, ‘My sister’s still alive!’ He also could’ve been referring to a past affair.

8. Daniela says:

GLEE was awful … I understand those numbers. It’s a shame that even more young teenagers turned in and actually thought that this crap was romantic.
    And I agree PARENTHOOD is NBC’s best show on the air right now.

• Larry says:

Last nights episode of Glee was one of the most beautifully acted and filmed shows that I have ever seem on television. If I had teenagers I would have watched it with them and discussed it with them afterwards. The music was incredible. How can you not like Billy Joel and Leonard Bernstein’s “West Side Story”? You need to examine where your point of view comes from? Total ignorance?

• Daniela says:

Has nothing to do with ignorance, Larry. Not at all. I was just under the impression that last night’s episode wasn’t great when it came to the actual story lines. I had major issues with Rachel giving herself to Finn after she wanted to wait. It seemed like she did it to please him and the show gave me the impression that Rachel thought that this hasn’t to be about her. Which is totally wrong when it comes to young woman’s first time.
        I also had major issues with the Blaine and Kurt story. I think it was awful to introduce this other dude in an episode, where Kurt showed forgiveness and was ready to have sex with Blaine, while he couldn’t even tell the new guy about his boyfriend.
        And I get that the first time isn’t always as perfect as we picture it, but GLEE for me made the mistake that they wanted it to look like everything was perfect and totally romantic, while their couples weren’t in a perfect place.
        That ruined the entire episode for me. That we were promised something that turned out to feel so wrong on both Kurt and Rachel’s part.
        The music was good as always … but I just can’t overlook the story lines anymore and just care about the music.

• Josh says:

Yes! I couldn’t figure out why the episode wasn’t sitting well with me, but you hit the nail on the head. It was like they made the decisions for Blaine and Finn. And I love Billy Joel and West Side Story, but the awful and overused auto-tune ruins every number on this show. Awful, awful episode.

• rob says:

I’m not hearing the “auto-tune” that everyone seems to have jumped on the ‘hate-bandwagon’ over. I’ve sung both amateur and professionally for over 25 years and have only noticed it on specific recordings that called for it (e.g. Gaga’s “Telephone”). The producer himself has denied using it on many occasions in which critics have denigrated a song. What, are you all supermen(women) with your hearing? I’m getting fatigued with this OVERUSED ANTI-GLEE ARGUMENT. My opinion.

• Larry says:

The music producers have said time and time again that the only time they use auto-tune is for “auto-tuned” songs that they cover.(Ke$ha)
            There was not a hint of auto tune in last nights show.
            That complaint isn’t valid.

• Larry says:

Blaine told Sebastian “My heart is at McKinley”. He told Sebastian about Kurt when Sebastian hit on him. I thought is was perfect. What more do you want from Blaine? I don’t think they need to let him drink anymore, however. I give you your points about Rachel, but not Kurt and Blaine. We need to see commited couples like the boys and we need to see ones who play around. Generaly on this show,
          bad behavior is not rewarded. It may take a few episodes but often there is a ‘moral to the story”. In my opinion the episode was breathtaking, perhaps not perfect enough for you. Sorry, but is wasn’t “awful”.

9. Alicia says:

Yay for NCIS!! Though last night’s ep left a little something to be desired (for me anyway), so I hope the payoff is in next week’s continuation. :)

10. mm says:

Im glad Ringer is going down. Take that cw all their desperate moves 2 make this show a hit are nt working.

• Marc says:

Actually it’s one of the network’s most DVR’ed shows but thanks for coming out.

• Gerald says:

The show has been doing well the past few weeks and these are just the preliminary ratings. when the final ratings are posted, it usually goes up.
      That being said, just because you don’t like the show why would you want to do badly? Hate when people do that.
      Matt, from what I gathered of the preview of the next episode it seems she will start questioning whether her sister is alive or dead.

11. Steve T says:

NCIS continues to be the best thing on TV. Does it seem that every woman who guest stars on the show is a redhead? Teasing us about a possible hookup with Gibbs? Especially after the opening scene of the episode with Shannon. I would not object to the gorgeous Jaime Ray Newman becoming a regular.

12. AuntieMM says:

I love NCIS. Yes the plots can be predictable but the well-honed interaction between the characters is what makes it watchable. And their continued respect of all that is military is rare and admirable.

13. Jeff says:

While I’ve watched NCIS from the beginning (the pilot on JAG) it puts me to sleep anymore – it’s a literal snooze fest. I think last week’s episode with his Gibb’s ex-wife was one of the better shows in a while – I stayed awake for the entire hour. :)

14. Tina says:

Congratulations to NCIS for cracking the twenty million mark. People need to remember this when they give aging shows a pass about dwindling ratings. Desperate Housewives and Grey’s Antomy I’m looking at you. I watched a few episodes of Ringer and gave up. Not happy that Revenge is not on tonight.I guess I’ll get an extra hour of sleep tonight.

15. PGP says:

I cannot understand why more people are not watching Parenthood! It is not only the best show on NBC right now, but the best show period! I wish that NBC would have played this show after the superbowl instead of taking the easy way out and airing The Voice after the Superbowl! Oh well, maybe they can at least start some sort of advertisement campaign like they have for Grimm!

16. kikay says:

Parenthood was beautiful last night. Loved the scenes with Amber, Sarah and Seth…The show was touching, funny and emotionally uplifting..really quality television!

17. Svenja says:

Incredibly happy about NCIS.
    I bet the impressive preview is responsible for the increase. The preview was compelling. I couldn’t stop watching it and I can imagine that people got interested in the episode because of it.
    The show deserves it. Brilliant episode, brilliant show, brilliant people!!!
    Gotta love it!!!

18. Cathy says:

For me, one of the best shows that more people should be watching is Parenthood; I love NCIS, but for emotional drama, Parenthood for me wins hands down.

The best new drama that no one is watching is Prime Suspect; I didn’t watch it because I didn’t want to get attached to something that won’t be around, but it’s amazing, I’m hooked, and it can run circles around Law & Order: SVU.

19. ant says:

NCIS, NCIS: LA and Flashpoint were all great last night

20. kevin says:

WARNING: This message if you’re willing to accept is that I’m sincerely apologizing for anyone for the past month or so on this website for sending mean comments and replies toward the person responsible for those accusing me for rude things about stuff on TV or TV news. If that person is capable for such a despicable thing like that, I would not be able to do such mean things if someone should apologize to the person submit or reply through my comments. So with that being said my deepest regrets is to be nice and be fair so that we can all get back on track and do the right thing. Thank you. :)

21. Laura says:

I love Ringer but your right that dinner should have raised a red flag. I think it’s an avenue they will explore in future episodes.

22. Kaz says:

Not surprised about NCIS, the last 2 episodes were amazing. Through season 8 and the beginning of season 9, they began to lose me, and of course it took some Gibbs’ episode to get me back into the loop. If you forget who is your leader, you forget what is the team. It was about time they came back to that team aspect.
    NCIS is back full force.

23. Natalie says:

Yay for NCIS. It deserves it. And I agree with Kaz, the last two episodes have been excellent fare. Great stories, good humor, good team interaction and the secondary characters of the week have all been great too-e.g., Gibb’s ex-wife, the geek crushin’ on Ziva, the chaplain from last night’s episode and even her father. They are written with some depth and humor. It’s amazing how great this show is so far in its run. I love the family aspect and how they all love and care about each other in the team. I love the humor and action. And it’s cool how they give us some great Tony & Ziva moments every season-so you get a little romance too. NCIS has everything. This show just keeps getting better. :)

24. Nat2 says:

Oh, and Michael Weatherly is now on Twitter. He doesn’t disappoint. He just tweeted this bucket list: http://www.cbs.com/shows/ncis/insiders_blog/72461/ from last night’s episode. And number 26 is “Tell her” I so hope it’s Ziva. I love those two together.

• Nat2 says:

Just to add: by he doesn’t disappoint, I mean he’s funny, quirky, seems nice and he’s tweeted some cool bts pics and vids. ;)

• Brenna says:

That had me squealing like a little girl!!! loved seeing that and hte comment about paris :) please put these two together already!!

25. brett says:

I’ve taken to just fast forwarding in Glee to find the musical numbers. The plotlines have just been so lame and characture-ish this year I can’t stand to watch. Asian kid’s father doesn’t approve of the arts. Teen mom wants her baby back and will do anything to get it. Student falls in love with teacher. Whoever is supposed to be in “love” with one person suddenly ditches it for another person… just silliness.

Get me to the fantastic musical numbers and I’m happy. While I really liked “Uptown Girl” and loved “America” last night, “It’s Not Usual” is still the top musical number of this season in my book (even if Darren Cris’ voice is no match for Tom Jones).

26. RJT says:

NCIS is lame,old,and boring just like those in nursing homes who watches it.

• Renee says:

Sorry sweetie. I love NCIS and I’m in that prime demographic everybody wants.

• Tia says:

I don’t know what you’re on…I’m 18 and NCIS is probably the best show I have ever seen – not the best writing, or the most sophisticated characters, but it has the best actors, stories, and dedication to its original premise (military) that makes it the most incredible show out there. And THAT is why haters like you will never be able to slow a great show like this down!!!

27. Richard says:

Not surprising that “90210” had a bump up – Teddy was in the episode. Once I know he is gone for good, my Season Pass for “90210” gets deleted.