Castle's Castle Battles Bones' Booth, Plus Alias vs. Jump Street as 'Cop Crush-Off' Continues

We’ve reached the Round of 16 in our Ultimate Law-Enforcement Crushes Bracket Tournament, where a pair of cheeky-but-dashing crime-solvers square off, and a gray-haired agent goes head-to-head with a babyfaced undercover cop.

No matter your preference, it’s time to sit down and vote in the polls below, then alert your friends and fellow TV junkies to do the same! As part of our single-elimination competition, only eight law-enforcing hunks will advance to the quarterfinals.

‘Cop Crushes’ Round 2 Ends With Dexter vs. Criminal Minds, Cold Case vs. Third Watch

Every afternoon over the next few weeks, we’ll launch another set of faceoffs that will test the strength of your respective character crushes. So make sure the right choice is made by heading down to our polls to vote for your favorites (Round 3 voting will be open for 48 hours), and hit the comments to justify your picks.

Eventually, our battle will boil down to a finale that pits the ultimate old-school crime-fighter against the ultimate modern-day hero. (Their female counterparts will have their later this month.)

Oh, and if you’re interested in the matchups we’ve got planned for the coming weeks, CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT THE ENTIRE 64-PLAYER BRACKET (then click again for a zoomed-in view), and sign up to follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV.

On your mark, get set, vote!

Comments (965)

• Seriously!!! You’re killing me by asking that I vote between Booth and Castle. Can’t we have BOTH!!

Comment by Sara – November 10, 2011 11:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Call it a tie and declare them both winners of the whole contest!

Comment by lacey – November 10, 2011 12:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG, hardest one yet!! Booth v. Castle?! It was too difficult, so I tried to choose between Angel and Capt. Tightpants… but that was too hard as well! So I had to go with the one who’s held my heart the longest… SEELEY BOOTH!!

Comment by Steven – November 10, 2011 12:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • so what happens if its a tie?

Comment by blah! – November 10, 2011 12:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • if its a tie i will be disappointed
      i hope its not

Comment by fyc – November 10, 2011 12:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • i sort of hope its a tie then everyone can be a little pleased but not sad that their favorite lost
        this way no one lost nor won

Comment by pm – November 10, 2011 12:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i want to thank everyone that’s voting for booth but i am disappointed in bones fans that voted for castle (ALTHOUGH I KNOW IT WAS A HARD DECISION AND FOR THAT I FORGIVE YOU UNLESS YOU HATE BOOTH/BONES THEN I AM VERY ANGRY WITH YOU)if you don’t watch bones give it a chance and be open minded about it; i am sure you will at least start to like it

Comment by bf – November 10, 2011 12:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I have watched Bones from the beginning but I voted for Castle. I love Brennan on Bones but Castle on Castle. Booth and Beckett are great but they are not why I watch the show.
      Castle is just so charming and I like him no matter who he is with. I like Booth with Brennan but he does not wow me with anyone else. Castle is just so great with everyone, especially his daughter and mother. I am older so looks is not the only factor in hotness. Castle is definately the guy for me.

Comment by Elle – November 10, 2011 01:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • i like castle but i cant stand Beckett i love booth all the way around/ he is perfect this season
        i don’t just like booth because he is hot he is nice charming funny has the best smile ever(in my opinion) so i know its not just about the looks that is just a plus side

Comment by bf – November 10, 2011 03:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • GO BOOTH :D

Comment by TPH – November 10, 2011 12:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Castle DUH!

Comment by Sara – November 10, 2011 12:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Richard (Nathan) is slightly behind :’(

Comment by Erica – November 10, 2011 12:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Castle is not a cop. Ergo Ipso Facto Columbo Oreo, Booth should win.

Comment by Steph – November 10, 2011 01:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • who votes in castle is a son of a beach

Comment by oioioio – November 10, 2011 01:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I would like to be son of a beach! Or better yet “sun”. What’s not to like? Thanks for the info, voted Castle.

Comment by grammar_prick – November 10, 2011 03:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This poll is a FARCE. TVLINE is loving all of this. The outcome was decided way before the people were even giving the chance to vote. David Boreanaz is much better looking than the FAT Nathan Fillion and this shouldn’t be even close.

Comment by Whatajoke – November 10, 2011 01:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You’re so reasonable and charming, I’m in love..

Comment by grammar_prick – November 10, 2011 03:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • just wondering how many ppl actually voted

Comment by blah! – November 10, 2011 01:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The ruggedly handsome Richard Castle all the way. :)

Comment by CharlieBlue – November 10, 2011 02:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Always Booth!!!!
    Castle is cut, but he has no comparison wiyh the future dad!!!
    B&B 4ever!!!!!

Comment by Lili – November 10, 2011 02:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My two favotite serie… But i still would go for BOOTH, because he stole my heart first.

Comment by McCann – November 10, 2011 02:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • castle of course!! <3

Comment by Bambi – November 10, 2011 02:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t get past the fact Davis is a jerk who settled a sexual harassment case out of court and cheated on his wife. Gotta go with Castle.

Comment by jules – November 10, 2011 02:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • don’t judge on Boreanaz judge on booth

Comment by K – November 10, 2011 03:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • come on people booth is great he should be winning by a mile
    don’t get me wrong i totally respect castle he so funny but booth is more crush-able in my mind

Comment by P – November 10, 2011 03:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • how is booth losing
    this is totally fixed

Comment by m – November 10, 2011 03:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t know what is going on now. Either they are preventing the votes for Booth by blocking the voter like they did me last night or the Castle fanatics have figured out a way to keep voting and not get blocked after so many votes. This is rigged. They do this for promotion and Castle definitely needs to be promoted. Sorry, just the way I feel about it. I will keep watching Bones no matter if Booth loses or not. He will always be my fave crushable cop. Castle is not even half the man he is. I am not voting on David or Nathan, I am voting on Booth and Castle. Their personal lives do not factor in my decision. Bones is also the better show. It must be because not only has it been on for seven years, but over 10 million viewers tuned in making it the highest watched premiere since 2008(for Bones that is). You might as well quit voting Booth fans. The decision on who was going to win was made before this even started.

Comment by A – November 10, 2011 04:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Ok so question: Why is it that when Castle is winning, the only comprehensible reason would be that we somehow hacked into tvlines computing system and cheated? Yet if your show Bones is in the lead, everybody Must have played fair and square because the world is as it should be!?

Do you see how stupid that sounds? And no I’m not calling You or Your Show stupid, so don’t go off and bash me or Castle for it. I’m calling your fandoms thinking childish and immature.

As for Castle not being a cop, I will bet you an arm and a leg that in a couple months when the women’s cop ballot is up, Emily Deschanel, Temperance Brennan, will be up alongside Stana Katic, Kate Beckett (an actual Detective), and the rest of the female crime fighters they pick. Is Bones a cop? Nope, no she is not. Does she have a gun, nope not for the most part. Yes she gets one on occasion, but so does Rick! It’s when they are in a very dangerous situation, and they must defend their lives that they get to hold a gun.

So the whole “Stupid Castle is not even a cop, he should be disqualified” or “Nathan Fillion/Richard Castle has gotten fat!” (Really?! Because this poll is ALL about appearance…, which it is not!) Come on, let’s all be adults here!

And may the best Crime Fighter Win!

Comment by Kim – November 10, 2011 10:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Not all of us are immature. Your fandom is not much better. To twitter stana or whatever her name is and wish Emily has a miscarriage(this happened recently)is not much more mature than saying the votes are rigged. On that note, whoever wins wins. This is just a popularity poll about the characters not about the shows. This will not make either one better than the other.

Comment by Angie the second – November 11, 2011 05:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • this was hard to decide i love both shows they are both great but bones has been around longer so it has a bit bigger spot in my heart therefor i voted booth i do love him

Comment by pl – November 10, 2011 03:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • booth is a way better father than castle and really good at dancing i love a man that can dance

Comment by kml – November 10, 2011 03:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh this is a tough one, but I’m gonna have to go with Castle. He is Hot

Comment by Laurie – November 10, 2011 03:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • booth is a lot hotter than castle and bones is a better show GO BOOTH! ;)

Comment by ST – November 10, 2011 03:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Castle but I love Bones even more! Go, Booth!

Comment by Helena – November 10, 2011 03:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Castle all the Wayyyyyyyyyyyyy

Comment by JQ O – November 10, 2011 03:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i love how open hearted booth is and that he isn’t scared to show his feelings he is a good man on the show

Comment by opu – November 10, 2011 03:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They come close but I would pick Booth

Comment by Taylor – November 10, 2011 03:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gonna vote for Booth cuz Castle isn’t a cop he’s a writter if he was a cop he would have my vote

Comment by Clarissa – November 10, 2011 03:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Rick Castle!!!!!!! Is ruggedly handsome:)

Comment by Abby – November 10, 2011 03:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My vote is for Richard Castle. Been drooling for him since the very first episode ever aired and…I still drool. Too handsome!

Comment by Noelle – November 10, 2011 03:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Castle all the way !!!

Comment by Mamie – November 10, 2011 03:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is not fair I like them both. They are both handsome. Since I watch Castle every Monday night it is hands down for me, CASTLE ALL THE WAY!!!!

Comment by Laura Argenta – November 10, 2011 03:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Castle of course!!! Hands down!

Comment by Bobbie Jo – November 10, 2011 03:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No question at all! The “ruggedly handsome” Rick Castle!

Comment by lorrielee63 – November 10, 2011 03:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CASTLE ALL THE WAY

Comment by aidan – November 10, 2011 03:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CASTLE ALL THE WAY! I didn’t think they needed a silly contest.

Comment by Sunphrog – November 10, 2011 03:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Richard Castle of course!!!

Comment by Liz – November 10, 2011 03:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Decently castle

Comment by rita chapman – November 10, 2011 03:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NATHAN NATHAN NATHAN! !!! :)

Comment by Angel – November 10, 2011 03:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s to hard to choose !!!
    I love both Nathan and David!!!
    I don’t care who the other two are I just want them

Comment by Kayla – November 10, 2011 03:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Castle will always win :) <3

Comment by Helen – November 10, 2011 03:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Castle, hands down. Smarter. Handsomer. Better personality.

Comment by Lin W – November 10, 2011 03:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Castle all the way!!! mmm mm mmm!!

Comment by Knightriderbabe – November 10, 2011 03:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nathan Fillion (Castle) definitely has my vote out of all of them!

Comment by M.H. – November 10, 2011 03:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Castle all the way!!! OMG no contest!! He’s very ruggedly handsome!

Comment by leslie – November 10, 2011 03:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No contest…..CASTLE all the way!

Comment by Lean n – November 10, 2011 03:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Aaaaaahhhhhhh !!! CASTLE, so sweet and Sexy!!!

Comment by Lucy – November 10, 2011 03:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Umm you DO realize this is going to end up Johnny Depp vs. Nathan Fillion. My head is going to explode….

Comment by NotAMeanGirl – November 10, 2011 03:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nathan Fillion! There is no competition! :)

Comment by Liz – November 10, 2011 03:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sorry booth ure pretty cool but its Rick Castle all the way!!!!

Comment by merle – November 10, 2011 03:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Castle – no question. Gotta have a man who makes me laugh! Not to mention that vivid imagination ….

Comment by Castle fan – November 10, 2011 03:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post