Castle's Castle Battles Bones' Booth, Plus Alias vs. Jump Street as 'Cop Crush-Off' Continues

We’ve reached the Round of 16 in our Ultimate Law-Enforcement Crushes Bracket Tournament, where a pair of cheeky-but-dashing crime-solvers square off, and a gray-haired agent goes head-to-head with a babyfaced undercover cop.

No matter your preference, it’s time to sit down and vote in the polls below, then alert your friends and fellow TV junkies to do the same! As part of our single-elimination competition, only eight law-enforcing hunks will advance to the quarterfinals.

‘Cop Crushes’ Round 2 Ends With Dexter vs. Criminal Minds, Cold Case vs. Third Watch

Every afternoon over the next few weeks, we’ll launch another set of faceoffs that will test the strength of your respective character crushes. So make sure the right choice is made by heading down to our polls to vote for your favorites (Round 3 voting will be open for 48 hours), and hit the comments to justify your picks.

Eventually, our battle will boil down to a finale that pits the ultimate old-school crime-fighter against the ultimate modern-day hero. (Their female counterparts will have their later this month.)

Oh, and if you’re interested in the matchups we’ve got planned for the coming weeks, CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT THE ENTIRE 64-PLAYER BRACKET (then click again for a zoomed-in view), and sign up to follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV.

On your mark, get set, vote!

1. Linderella says:

Totally Mr. Ruggedly Handsome for the win.

• ultimate troll says:

I DON’T KNOW WHO THAT IS!!!!

Seriously, have you seen how close this is?
      Pointlessinternetbracketpoll Show-down!

2. deanna says:

Booth all the way Baby

3. Raquel says:

BOOTH of course he’s the BEST!!v.v

4. cris says:

Nathan Fillion no doubt!

5. BJohnson says:

Booth is cool, even if he was a jerk a little bit last season, he still was hot.

6. Melinda says:

This should be EASY people! Nathan Fillion ALL the WAY! David Boreanez was great in Buffy/Angel but I can’t stand him in Bones. Weird though that BOTH Nathan and David were on Buffy…..

LONG LIVE RICHARD CASTLE!!!

• e says:

excuse me, you are right on one thing this should be easy, but no; Booth all the way. Richard is funny but that is it.Booth has everything looks, charm, and etc. VOTE BOOTH PEOPLE HE IS WAY BETTER!!!!!!!!
      i do like the show castle but bones is a thousand times better
      GO BOOTH

7. Stacy says:

If this were Angel vs Castle it might be tougher, but I don’t watch Bones and Castle is my favorite (current) show. Nathan Fillion better win :)

8. Jillian says:

Why is Castle even in this competition? He’s not even in law-enforcement.

• kika says:

Tell me about it. He is a writer. Castle himself doesn’t own a badge, he’s not employed by the Police, the Army or the FBI, he’s not law enforcement of any kind.
      Anyway Booth will probably win in the end and the difference between them will be small.

• PT says:

TOTALLY AGREE he is not a cop! Anyway Booth is better even if Castle was a cop he would still be better. Booth will always be in my heart <3

9. Kira says:

Beckett’s man, Castle!

10. LadyC says:

Can I vote twice? Love both Booth and Castle!

11. Tee says:

Booth v Castle = ‘All of the Above’ :(

12. Kirsti says:

Booth Booth Booth. Need I say more? SO sexy, and really close to the perfect man. Sigh.

13. Olive says:

This round was purely evil… Castle vs Booth, not cool! Had to go with castle tho.

14. A says:

I like both shows but you are being unreasonable Castle isn’t even a cop, and Booth is way better looking. Also you cant judge on the actors personal life its the characters. GO BOOTH!!!!!!!

15. P says:

BOOTH BOOTH BOOTH BOOTH! He is so sexy and a good man. OH i wish i were Brennan.

16. T says:

DONT HATE ME CASTLE FANS BUT BOOTH ALL THE WAY. I WATCH CATLE BUT BONES/BOOTH IS WAY BETTER. RATHER HAVE SOMEONE PROTECTIVE, CHARMING, FUNNY, HOT, AND WELL THIS ALL DESCRIBES BOOTH! :)

17. A says:

Booth!! Always :)

18. sarah says:

I was hoping these comments would help make my decision, they did not, still made me want to vote for both. I ended up voting for Booth because I think he’s better looking.
    Now I have to start thinking about Vaughn vs. Mulder

19. L says:

Castle is not a cop! He doesn’t belong in this race so if he wins i will be mad:(

20. Kristina says:

Making us pick between Booth and Castle? Even worse, between Angel and Mal Reynolds? Mean!!

21. K says:

Hey if you cant decide i hope this will help you.
    Castle: funny, creative, NOT A COP,not very good looking
    Booth: hot, charming, funny, protective, great cop, again hot, caring.
    If you want to choose the right person vote for booth; it is cop crush off and well Castle just isn’t a cop.

• MissMel says:

::rolls eyes:: It’s obviously a poll about crimefighters. They made a poor choice of words but Castle still solves crimes even though he’s not a cop. Besides, while I don’t actually watch “Bones” all that much but I’m pretty sure Booth isn’t a cop either. Isn’t he a special agent for the FBI? I know he was in the army or something before that but I don’t recall that he was an actual COP and since you feel SO strongly about the use of that word maybe he shouldn’t be in this poll either?

• kika says:

Did you read the title for the first round? “Law Enforcement Crush Bracket…..”. “Law enforcement” as in the police, FBI, CIA, NCIS, army – the ones employed by the state to uphold the law, to protect, you know the drill. Definitely not for writers pretending to be crimefighters.

• K says:

thank you kika!
          see Miss Mel it doesn’t matter if booth is in the FBI it is about the law enforcement and like kika said castle is not any of those things. And yeah i would like to see Castle be held at gun point cuz he would have no way of defending himself, but i guess Beckett would have to save his sorry ass
          Brennan kicks more ass than castle does anyway now that is just sad

22. Amy says:

Nathan against David…Hmmm..I see trouble…Both have big fandoms.
    Of course Nathan, but David is very nice too.

23. Anonymous says:

No offense, but i agree with others here. Castle is not a cop so why is he in this race for? Castle is a writer not a cop. Come on Bones fans, our Booth needs to win this. Also, I choose Booth because he looks like he can protect you better than Castle can. I don’t think Castle is even allowed to carry a gun, is he?

24. MissMel says:

David Boreanaz is hot as hell but I rarely ever watch “Bones” whereas I never miss an episode of “Castle” so that’s where my vote went. Besides, I don’t care how chubby Nathan Fillion is getting, he’s still freakin’ adorable with that devilish grin and that twinkle in his eyes :)

25. A says:

Anybody blocked out of voting? Half of these polls/voting are rigged anyway. They will let win who they want to win. I had better not be the only one they blocked from voting.

26. K. says:

I always seem to crush on the devilish guy with the killer wit….that is just not Booth so Castle all the way.

27. Az says:

Castle all the way, obviously !

28. airhead says:

booth all the way!! if he doesn’t win, something is very wrong with the world

29. Johanna says:

WTF TOMMY HANSON?!! I don’t care if you were played by Johnny Depp, in no universe should you beat Jack Bristow!! I am disgusted!!!

30. Anna says:

Rick….<3….always ;)

31. lucia says:

RICHARD CASTLE? HE IS NOT EVEN A MOTHEREFFING COP! WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE? “castle” doesn’t even make sense! what on earth is a writer doing solving murders? isn’t it illegal? Please.. this is crazy!

32. ultimate troll says:

Castle/Mal vs Booth/Angel should be a semi-final at least. Who designed this bracket???

How did Garber get this far? Seriously!

33. Mary says:

Always Richard Castle, Nathan is the best, i love Booth but my heart is with Castle

34. Leeloo says:

Angel shanshued all the way. Go Booth.

35. Leeloo says:

Angel shanshued all the way. Go Booth!

36. Boy says:

Fillion needs to hit the gym!

37. Emily says:

Holy freakin moly 50.1% to 49.9%. Well I voted for Castle because I don’t watch Bones, but I did watch Buffy & Angel. If it were Angel (technically, he did enforce…just not the law), this would be a different story.

38. Smantha V says:

CASTLE CASTLE CASTLE CASTLE CASTLE CASTLE CASTLE CASTLE CASTLE CASTLE CASTLE CASTLE!

39. A says:

BOOTH! BOOTH! BOOTH! BOOTH! BOOTH! BOOTH! Come on Booth. It’s going to be really close.

40. lau says:

Sense of humor? David has it just like Nathan.

Charm? They both have that elusive quality.

Beautiful warm smile? David’s is better than Nathan’s.

Mischevious smile? David’s smile makes your knees shake.

Body frame? There’s no comparison. David has an amazing body structure: good waistine, huge shoulders, nice pecs, even nice legs (pantless Booth with the shoulderholster…yum…). Nathan has an ordinary body frame and lately he got fat – and covers it with clothes.

Face? David has a handsome manly face – he’s rugged but has great simmetry and outstanding cheekbones. Nathan – he was never known for being a goodlooking man (people love him for his charm).

David Boreanaz – therefore Booth – scores more points in my chart.

• m says:

totally agree i just don’t get how other people don’t see this. I LOVE BOOTH! Castle is good to but Booth definitely gets my vote

41. Plum says:

You can keep Johnny Depp and his Two Corey’s haircut, I’ll take Jack Bristow.

42. klm says:

Booth is a thousand times sexier and castle is not a cop i live booth

43. PC says:

Yeah i agree these polls are fixed

44. pkr says:

Go Booth (he should be in the lead)
    I am shocked how close these polls are

45. abs says:

wow this is a tough race

46. ppw says:

i want booth all to my self i love him he is so hot, charming oh and i love how he is so over protective of Brennan. the thing i love most about booth tho is his charming/ mischievous smile. so hot

47. Jacqi says:

Neither one of these were hard choices for me.
    Booth will ALWAYS when my vote. David is SEXY!!! ;) Loved last weeks season premiere.
    Loved Victor Garber on Alias.

48. B-Dawg says:

Booth or Castle? Well if you’re asking about the characters I’m going whit Castle,he’s so much more fun and not so serious and plus he, as a character, shows a lot more feelings (for Beckett) then Booth does (for Bones).And if you’re asking about looks the point (to me) is:Booth is a touhg looking guy,he’s all in the ,,My hero” stile but Castle he’s simply adorable,like a puppy,makes your insides melt into mush,and who wouldn’t love those baby blue eyes?

49. Amber says:

Seeley Joseph Booth wins hands down every time. At least for me. Reason, Castle has no crush or sex appeal for me. He’s just not my type. Never will be. Which reminds me, it’s kind of funny, I am not really fond of Castle wearing a purple scarf but you put one on Dr. Spencer Reid (Matthew Gray Gubler) and it’s all kinds of hot and sexy. Plus, that man has an IQ of 187 with PhD’s in mathematics, engineering, and chemistry. Bachelor of Arts in Psychology and Sociology and though he was working on one in Philosophy I am sure it’s safe to say that it is complete. Probably has been for quite some time. Excuse me, I got off topic. Right, so Booth for the win for me. I mean have you seen him. Seriously. And not just that but Booth has these great speeches he’s given (think the end of The Death in the Saddle), his looks, his cockiness, his…yeah, I think you all get.