Castle's Castle Battles Bones' Booth, Plus Alias vs. Jump Street as 'Cop Crush-Off' Continues

We’ve reached the Round of 16 in our Ultimate Law-Enforcement Crushes Bracket Tournament, where a pair of cheeky-but-dashing crime-solvers square off, and a gray-haired agent goes head-to-head with a babyfaced undercover cop.

No matter your preference, it’s time to sit down and vote in the polls below, then alert your friends and fellow TV junkies to do the same! As part of our single-elimination competition, only eight law-enforcing hunks will advance to the quarterfinals.

‘Cop Crushes’ Round 2 Ends With Dexter vs. Criminal Minds, Cold Case vs. Third Watch

Every afternoon over the next few weeks, we’ll launch another set of faceoffs that will test the strength of your respective character crushes. So make sure the right choice is made by heading down to our polls to vote for your favorites (Round 3 voting will be open for 48 hours), and hit the comments to justify your picks.

Eventually, our battle will boil down to a finale that pits the ultimate old-school crime-fighter against the ultimate modern-day hero. (Their female counterparts will have their later this month.)

Oh, and if you’re interested in the matchups we’ve got planned for the coming weeks, CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT THE ENTIRE 64-PLAYER BRACKET (then click again for a zoomed-in view), and sign up to follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV.

On your mark, get set, vote!

Comments (965)

• Totally Mr. Ruggedly Handsome for the win.

Comment by Linderella – November 9, 2011 03:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I DON’T KNOW WHO THAT IS!!!!

Seriously, have you seen how close this is?
      Pointlessinternetbracketpoll Show-down!

Comment by ultimate troll – November 9, 2011 06:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Booth all the way Baby

Comment by deanna – November 9, 2011 03:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BOOTH of course he’s the BEST!!v.v

Comment by Raquel – November 9, 2011 03:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nathan Fillion no doubt!

Comment by cris – November 9, 2011 03:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Booth is cool, even if he was a jerk a little bit last season, he still was hot.

Comment by BJohnson – November 9, 2011 03:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This should be EASY people! Nathan Fillion ALL the WAY! David Boreanez was great in Buffy/Angel but I can’t stand him in Bones. Weird though that BOTH Nathan and David were on Buffy…..

LONG LIVE RICHARD CASTLE!!!

Comment by Melinda – November 9, 2011 03:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • excuse me, you are right on one thing this should be easy, but no; Booth all the way. Richard is funny but that is it.Booth has everything looks, charm, and etc. VOTE BOOTH PEOPLE HE IS WAY BETTER!!!!!!!!
      i do like the show castle but bones is a thousand times better
      GO BOOTH

Comment by e – November 9, 2011 09:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If this were Angel vs Castle it might be tougher, but I don’t watch Bones and Castle is my favorite (current) show. Nathan Fillion better win :)

Comment by Stacy – November 9, 2011 03:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why is Castle even in this competition? He’s not even in law-enforcement.

Comment by Jillian – November 9, 2011 03:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Tell me about it. He is a writer. Castle himself doesn’t own a badge, he’s not employed by the Police, the Army or the FBI, he’s not law enforcement of any kind.
      Anyway Booth will probably win in the end and the difference between them will be small.

Comment by kika – November 9, 2011 07:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • TOTALLY AGREE he is not a cop! Anyway Booth is better even if Castle was a cop he would still be better. Booth will always be in my heart <3

Comment by PT – November 9, 2011 09:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Beckett’s man, Castle!

Comment by Kira – November 9, 2011 03:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can I vote twice? Love both Booth and Castle!

Comment by LadyC – November 9, 2011 04:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Booth v Castle = ‘All of the Above’ :(

Comment by Tee – November 9, 2011 04:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Booth Booth Booth. Need I say more? SO sexy, and really close to the perfect man. Sigh.

Comment by Kirsti – November 9, 2011 04:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This round was purely evil… Castle vs Booth, not cool! Had to go with castle tho.

Comment by Olive – November 9, 2011 04:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like both shows but you are being unreasonable Castle isn’t even a cop, and Booth is way better looking. Also you cant judge on the actors personal life its the characters. GO BOOTH!!!!!!!

Comment by A – November 9, 2011 04:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BOOTH BOOTH BOOTH BOOTH! He is so sexy and a good man. OH i wish i were Brennan.

Comment by P – November 9, 2011 04:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • DONT HATE ME CASTLE FANS BUT BOOTH ALL THE WAY. I WATCH CATLE BUT BONES/BOOTH IS WAY BETTER. RATHER HAVE SOMEONE PROTECTIVE, CHARMING, FUNNY, HOT, AND WELL THIS ALL DESCRIBES BOOTH! :)

Comment by T – November 9, 2011 04:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Booth!! Always :)

Comment by A – November 9, 2011 04:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was hoping these comments would help make my decision, they did not, still made me want to vote for both. I ended up voting for Booth because I think he’s better looking.
    Now I have to start thinking about Vaughn vs. Mulder

Comment by sarah – November 9, 2011 04:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Castle is not a cop! He doesn’t belong in this race so if he wins i will be mad:(

Comment by L – November 9, 2011 04:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Making us pick between Booth and Castle? Even worse, between Angel and Mal Reynolds? Mean!!

Comment by Kristina – November 9, 2011 04:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hey if you cant decide i hope this will help you.
    Castle: funny, creative, NOT A COP,not very good looking
    Booth: hot, charming, funny, protective, great cop, again hot, caring.
    If you want to choose the right person vote for booth; it is cop crush off and well Castle just isn’t a cop.

Comment by K – November 9, 2011 04:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ::rolls eyes:: It’s obviously a poll about crimefighters. They made a poor choice of words but Castle still solves crimes even though he’s not a cop. Besides, while I don’t actually watch “Bones” all that much but I’m pretty sure Booth isn’t a cop either. Isn’t he a special agent for the FBI? I know he was in the army or something before that but I don’t recall that he was an actual COP and since you feel SO strongly about the use of that word maybe he shouldn’t be in this poll either?

Comment by MissMel – November 9, 2011 05:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Did you read the title for the first round? “Law Enforcement Crush Bracket…..”. “Law enforcement” as in the police, FBI, CIA, NCIS, army – the ones employed by the state to uphold the law, to protect, you know the drill. Definitely not for writers pretending to be crimefighters.

Comment by kika – November 9, 2011 07:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • thank you kika!
          see Miss Mel it doesn’t matter if booth is in the FBI it is about the law enforcement and like kika said castle is not any of those things. And yeah i would like to see Castle be held at gun point cuz he would have no way of defending himself, but i guess Beckett would have to save his sorry ass
          Brennan kicks more ass than castle does anyway now that is just sad

Comment by K – November 10, 2011 12:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nathan against David…Hmmm..I see trouble…Both have big fandoms.
    Of course Nathan, but David is very nice too.

Comment by Amy – November 9, 2011 04:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No offense, but i agree with others here. Castle is not a cop so why is he in this race for? Castle is a writer not a cop. Come on Bones fans, our Booth needs to win this. Also, I choose Booth because he looks like he can protect you better than Castle can. I don’t think Castle is even allowed to carry a gun, is he?

Comment by Anonymous – November 9, 2011 04:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • David Boreanaz is hot as hell but I rarely ever watch “Bones” whereas I never miss an episode of “Castle” so that’s where my vote went. Besides, I don’t care how chubby Nathan Fillion is getting, he’s still freakin’ adorable with that devilish grin and that twinkle in his eyes :)

Comment by MissMel – November 9, 2011 04:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Anybody blocked out of voting? Half of these polls/voting are rigged anyway. They will let win who they want to win. I had better not be the only one they blocked from voting.

Comment by A – November 9, 2011 05:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I always seem to crush on the devilish guy with the killer wit….that is just not Booth so Castle all the way.

Comment by K. – November 9, 2011 05:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Castle all the way, obviously !

Comment by Az – November 9, 2011 05:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • booth all the way!! if he doesn’t win, something is very wrong with the world

Comment by airhead – November 9, 2011 06:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i totally agree there is something wrong with the world if castle doesn’t win

Comment by ipt – November 10, 2011 12:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WTF TOMMY HANSON?!! I don’t care if you were played by Johnny Depp, in no universe should you beat Jack Bristow!! I am disgusted!!!

Comment by Johanna – November 9, 2011 06:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Rick….<3….always ;)

Comment by Anna – November 9, 2011 06:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • RICHARD CASTLE? HE IS NOT EVEN A MOTHEREFFING COP! WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE? “castle” doesn’t even make sense! what on earth is a writer doing solving murders? isn’t it illegal? Please.. this is crazy!

Comment by lucia – November 9, 2011 06:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Castle/Mal vs Booth/Angel should be a semi-final at least. Who designed this bracket???

How did Garber get this far? Seriously!

Comment by ultimate troll – November 9, 2011 06:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Always Richard Castle, Nathan is the best, i love Booth but my heart is with Castle

Comment by Mary – November 9, 2011 07:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Angel shanshued all the way. Go Booth.

Comment by Leeloo – November 9, 2011 07:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Booth is way cooler. He is the best sniper and a former vampire. I vote Booth.

Comment by Angelus – November 9, 2011 07:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Angel shanshued all the way. Go Booth!

Comment by Leeloo – November 9, 2011 07:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fillion needs to hit the gym!

Comment by Boy – November 9, 2011 07:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • lmao you are so funny he does; booth should be his roll model

Comment by mfj – November 10, 2011 12:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Holy freakin moly 50.1% to 49.9%. Well I voted for Castle because I don’t watch Bones, but I did watch Buffy & Angel. If it were Angel (technically, he did enforce…just not the law), this would be a different story.

Comment by Emily – November 9, 2011 07:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • castle isn’t in the law enforcement either

Comment by pol – November 10, 2011 12:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CASTLE CASTLE CASTLE CASTLE CASTLE CASTLE CASTLE CASTLE CASTLE CASTLE CASTLE CASTLE!

Comment by Smantha V – November 9, 2011 07:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BOOTH! BOOTH! BOOTH! BOOTH! BOOTH! BOOTH! Come on Booth. It’s going to be really close.

Comment by A – November 9, 2011 07:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sense of humor? David has it just like Nathan.

Charm? They both have that elusive quality.

Beautiful warm smile? David’s is better than Nathan’s.

Mischevious smile? David’s smile makes your knees shake.

Body frame? There’s no comparison. David has an amazing body structure: good waistine, huge shoulders, nice pecs, even nice legs (pantless Booth with the shoulderholster…yum…). Nathan has an ordinary body frame and lately he got fat – and covers it with clothes.

Face? David has a handsome manly face – he’s rugged but has great simmetry and outstanding cheekbones. Nathan – he was never known for being a goodlooking man (people love him for his charm).

David Boreanaz – therefore Booth – scores more points in my chart.

Comment by lau – November 9, 2011 08:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • totally agree i just don’t get how other people don’t see this. I LOVE BOOTH! Castle is good to but Booth definitely gets my vote

Comment by m – November 9, 2011 09:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You can keep Johnny Depp and his Two Corey’s haircut, I’ll take Jack Bristow.

Comment by Plum – November 9, 2011 08:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Booth is a thousand times sexier and castle is not a cop i live booth

Comment by klm – November 9, 2011 08:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yeah i agree these polls are fixed

Comment by PC – November 9, 2011 09:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • GO CASTLE!!!!

Comment by apr – November 9, 2011 09:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Go Booth (he should be in the lead)
    I am shocked how close these polls are

Comment by pkr – November 9, 2011 09:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • wow this is a tough race

Comment by abs – November 9, 2011 09:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i want booth all to my self i love him he is so hot, charming oh and i love how he is so over protective of Brennan. the thing i love most about booth tho is his charming/ mischievous smile. so hot

Comment by ppw – November 9, 2011 09:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Neither one of these were hard choices for me.
    Booth will ALWAYS when my vote. David is SEXY!!! ;) Loved last weeks season premiere.
    Loved Victor Garber on Alias.

Comment by Jacqi – November 9, 2011 09:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Booth or Castle? Well if you’re asking about the characters I’m going whit Castle,he’s so much more fun and not so serious and plus he, as a character, shows a lot more feelings (for Beckett) then Booth does (for Bones).And if you’re asking about looks the point (to me) is:Booth is a touhg looking guy,he’s all in the ,,My hero” stile but Castle he’s simply adorable,like a puppy,makes your insides melt into mush,and who wouldn’t love those baby blue eyes?

Comment by B-Dawg – November 9, 2011 10:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Seeley Joseph Booth wins hands down every time. At least for me. Reason, Castle has no crush or sex appeal for me. He’s just not my type. Never will be. Which reminds me, it’s kind of funny, I am not really fond of Castle wearing a purple scarf but you put one on Dr. Spencer Reid (Matthew Gray Gubler) and it’s all kinds of hot and sexy. Plus, that man has an IQ of 187 with PhD’s in mathematics, engineering, and chemistry. Bachelor of Arts in Psychology and Sociology and though he was working on one in Philosophy I am sure it’s safe to say that it is complete. Probably has been for quite some time. Excuse me, I got off topic. Right, so Booth for the win for me. I mean have you seen him. Seriously. And not just that but Booth has these great speeches he’s given (think the end of The Death in the Saddle), his looks, his cockiness, his…yeah, I think you all get.

Comment by Amber – November 9, 2011 11:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post