Castle's Castle Battles Bones' Booth, Plus Alias vs. Jump Street as 'Cop Crush-Off' Continues

We’ve reached the Round of 16 in our Ultimate Law-Enforcement Crushes Bracket Tournament, where a pair of cheeky-but-dashing crime-solvers square off, and a gray-haired agent goes head-to-head with a babyfaced undercover cop.

No matter your preference, it’s time to sit down and vote in the polls below, then alert your friends and fellow TV junkies to do the same! As part of our single-elimination competition, only eight law-enforcing hunks will advance to the quarterfinals.

‘Cop Crushes’ Round 2 Ends With Dexter vs. Criminal Minds, Cold Case vs. Third Watch

Every afternoon over the next few weeks, we’ll launch another set of faceoffs that will test the strength of your respective character crushes. So make sure the right choice is made by heading down to our polls to vote for your favorites (Round 3 voting will be open for 48 hours), and hit the comments to justify your picks.

Eventually, our battle will boil down to a finale that pits the ultimate old-school crime-fighter against the ultimate modern-day hero. (Their female counterparts will have their later this month.)

Oh, and if you’re interested in the matchups we’ve got planned for the coming weeks, CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT THE ENTIRE 64-PLAYER BRACKET (then click again for a zoomed-in view), and sign up to follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV.

On your mark, get set, vote!

Comments (965)

• Nathan Fillion wins hands down every time! Charming, witty and handsome. I love Booth as well, but sorry Castle is a far better show than Bones. (I watch both!)

Comment by dani – November 9, 2011 12:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Think again before you talk! Just saying!

Comment by LiannNicole – November 11, 2011 01:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Seeley Booth ALL the way!!! I’ve had a crush on DB ever since Angel….he just gets gets better with age!

Comment by Amanda – November 9, 2011 12:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Absolutely… he sure does. David is the definition of hotness! Castle is getting fat.

Comment by rcwblessed – November 9, 2011 02:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Johnny Depp and Victor Gerber aren’t even relevant. HA!
    Where’s the ‘none of the above’ option for them?

Comment by Lisa – November 9, 2011 12:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • And the winner is…Richard Castle!

Comment by Joanna – November 9, 2011 12:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am not voting in this one – Booth vs Castle at this stage is not fair and I am NOT voting…

Comment by Nan – November 9, 2011 12:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Booth all the way!!!! No other man. And besides, Castle isn’t even a cop :)

Comment by Alisa – November 9, 2011 12:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This has got to be the best and most commented article of the day :)

Comment by Lisa – November 9, 2011 12:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m voting for the character, sorry Booth Castle is way too better than you were in the past year and still…

Comment by Karen – November 9, 2011 12:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Boreanaz losing? No.

Comment by Phoebi – November 9, 2011 12:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • COME ON BOOTH!!

Comment by Steph – November 9, 2011 12:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Only Rick Castle!

Comment by Sara – November 9, 2011 12:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Booth all the way!!!!

Comment by Angel – November 9, 2011 12:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Castle for me!!

Comment by Christi – November 9, 2011 12:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What’s not to love about Booth! He’s perfect. If only he existed in real life.

Comment by Ezza – November 9, 2011 12:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mr. Nathan Fillion =)

Comment by eli – November 9, 2011 01:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Come on Castle!!

Comment by Jenny – November 9, 2011 01:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I voted for Booth, just because in my opinion he’s slightly hotter than Castle, but I will be thrilled if either of them win. :D

Comment by Tia – November 9, 2011 01:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sooooo…it’s Caleb/Malcom vs Angel again ?

Comment by Max – November 9, 2011 01:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Booth is so much hotter on so many levels. Castle doesn’t even compare.

Comment by Jillian – November 9, 2011 01:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • AMEN sister!!!! AMEN.

Comment by Kat – November 9, 2011 02:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CASTLE ALL THE WAY

Comment by Layken – November 9, 2011 01:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love both Booth and Castle, but I had to go with Booth. He has had my affection longer. BTW, this is a cruel, cruel bracket!

Comment by Wendy – November 9, 2011 01:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • im going for the ruggedly handsome “kitten”. i agree with an earlier post that said david boreanaz has gotten fat, and as for the comments about fillions increased weight, if you notice, hes wearing coats with smaller shoulders which make the lower half of the coat stretch outward a little, making him SEEM fat. he just needs coats that fit his ruggedly handsome figure.

Comment by TJCrinc – November 9, 2011 01:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Fillion is definitely MORE FAT than Boreanaz, even if David put some weight on during the summer. Fillion has a lot more fat, and not just from the summer holliday, he got fat two years ago.

Comment by joyce – November 9, 2011 01:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Why the hell are you talking about how fat they are?????? They may not be the skinniest men ever but they are certainly not fat.

Comment by Steph – November 9, 2011 01:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • narrower shoulders….. ROFL.. by far the stupidest thing I’ve read. David Boreanaz’s body is HOT….. and he doesnt cover it up with small shouldered jackets!

Comment by Jules – November 9, 2011 02:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chatty, I don’t like Brennan aka Bones either, she’s too robotic, but I love Booth. So David Boreanaz all the way!!! My vote goes to Booth :D

Comment by Solace – November 9, 2011 01:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • One has to have an appreciation for Vulcans to love Bones :)

Comment by Lisa – November 9, 2011 01:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • As someone that loved the first 5 seasons of Bones and ST:TOS …no. No, you really don’t. I love Bones, and I appreciate Vulcans, and they really don’t have anything to do with each other at all.

Comment by emma – November 9, 2011 02:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Solace, what show are you watching when you say Brennan is too robotic?! Clearly not the same as Bones FANS do.

Comment by sassy – November 9, 2011 03:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think Det Kevin Ryan & Det Javier Esposito should be on there and winning this thing! They’re my major cop crushes!

Comment by Jen – November 9, 2011 01:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Damn straight. Honeymilk and El-Vez are awesome, funny, sweet and freaking hot. Best bromance ever.

Comment by Jolie – November 11, 2011 02:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Seeley Booth forever!!! :)

Comment by Dra_Escapula – November 9, 2011 01:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • THIS MATCHUP IS NOT FAIR!

Comment by Hannah – November 9, 2011 01:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How could you possibly design this so that Booth and Castle meet up before the semifinals??

Comment by b – November 9, 2011 01:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This poll is cruel i love them both booth and castle how can i choose

Comment by Karen – November 9, 2011 01:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Booth 4ever <3

Comment by Luiza – November 9, 2011 01:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would like to lodge a formal complaint against Mike Ausiello et al for forcing me to split my blind devotion to Joss Wheadon making me choose between Angel & Mal. Seriously. If I didn’t love his smurftastic, diet peach-y, sexy vegan person so much I would strike him from my life forever. But I just cain’t quit you, Mike….

Comment by Sara W – November 9, 2011 01:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love booth and castle. But Booth hands down is more attractive. Castle needs to loose some lbs and maybe fix the hair, never been a fan. So booth, even though both charaters and extremely good hearted and charming.

Comment by lindsey – November 9, 2011 02:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love both shows but for me there’s no comparison, it is Booth all the way. DB is a better actor whether people like to admit it or not. And by the way, Booth is hmmm hmmm hmmm HOT!!!! :-)

Comment by Abby J – November 9, 2011 02:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed! David Boreanaz is by far a better actor than Nathan Fillion! And hotter, too.

Comment by rcwblessed – November 9, 2011 02:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Haha. I’m not voting here, just came to gawk at all the insanity, but this one is just too good not to comment. Boreanaz better actor than Fillion? First time I see this brought up, seriously. I mean, of all the things to cheer your guy with it’s not the one you should use, Bones fans))))) Stick with hot

Comment by den-ten – November 10, 2011 12:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Your comment makes no sense to me. David Boreanaz is the definition of hotness and an incredible actor, as well. Why wouldn’t I rave about both qualities, as a fan? This comment/question is rhetorical… don’t need an answer!

Comment by rcwblessed – November 10, 2011 10:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Richard Castle FTW!

Comment by l – November 9, 2011 02:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YOU have to be out of your frigging MIND not to vote for Booth/David Boreanaz. HE is BY FAR the more crush-able, sexier, handsome and lovable. He certainly has MORE personality.

Comment by Kat – November 9, 2011 02:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • AMEN Kat… on the money honey… David ALL the way!!!!

Comment by Jules – November 9, 2011 02:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is a vote about Crushes.. not their weight or their clothes, When you crush on someone you don’t see their flaws.. you just don’t. (but I have to say.. justifying someones weightgain by saying they wear smaller clothes with narrower shoulders *facepalm* … for me it is, and always has been David Boreanaz.. From the first moment I saw that face on MWC to ten minutes ago when I looked at that face on my wallpaper- I AM IN LOVE. 15 YEARS OF CRUSHING… my husband is an extremely tolerant man… my sons think I’m insane…

Comment by Jules – November 9, 2011 02:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed Jules. Your husband is great and your sons are jealous. I’m in love too for 15 years since I first saw him in Buffy. *Sigh*… It’s David Boreanaz/Booth all the way.

Comment by Kat – November 9, 2011 02:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m with you, girls. David Boreanaz/Booth all the way! did you see him?? He’s the hottest man I’ve ever seen. And I’m in love as well since I was 11 years old. There’s no comparison between the two of them, Booth for ever!!

Comment by luly – November 9, 2011 11:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Castle is the BEST!

Comment by angella – November 9, 2011 02:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • David Boreanaz all the way. OMG That first episode of him in Buffy <3 Ooofff, could have died.

Comment by Emma – November 9, 2011 02:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Move aside let Castle through!

Comment by Martha – November 9, 2011 02:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • mmh let me think…wait there is nothing to think: CASTLE all the way!!!

Comment by JJ – November 9, 2011 02:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This round is impossible. Arvin could beat death, but not Jack Bristow. C’mon people. SpyDaddy.

I also agree, Booth vs Castle AND Boreanaz vs Fillion = CRUEL!

Comment by Sad day – November 9, 2011 02:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • that was tough. i love all 4 of them :)

Comment by jen – November 9, 2011 02:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Come on people, vote for ruggedly handsome Castle;)

Comment by kirsty – November 9, 2011 03:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Seeley Booth all the way. I don’t even have to think about the question when it comes to choosing between Booth/Boreanaz and someone else. It’s always gonna be Booth/Boreanaz. I grew up watching Buffy and Angel, I’ll always choose him, no matter what.

Comment by sassy – November 9, 2011 03:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SEELEY BOOTH ALL THE WAY. And if we’re comparing past characters,I’m pretty sure Angel kicked Caleb’s ass,even though I don’t even like Angel that much. But BOOTH? BOOTH IS AWESOME.

Comment by M. – November 9, 2011 03:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BOOTH ALL THE WAY! And david cheating on his wife doesnt have anything to do with Booth. Castle not even that hot nor “awesome”. SO SEELEY BOOTH ALL THE FREAKING WAY! <3

Comment by Jessica – November 9, 2011 03:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • There is more to sexy than just looks. Sense of humor and a great smile go a long way. Also, Booth can be very snarky, especially to the squints. Sometimes, that is funny but it is often annoying IMO> I just think that Castle has more charm.

Comment by Elle – November 9, 2011 03:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Sense of humor? David has it just like Nathan.

Beautiful smile? David’s is better than Nathan’s.

Sarcasm, therefore humor+wit? Oh David, his lines delivery is hilarious.

Comment by lau – November 9, 2011 08:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is tough. For me…I think Castle has great writing…but I’m not crazy about the actors chemistry. I’m not crazy about Bones’ writing…but I think David and Emily just have more amazing chemistry ever. For character…I would vote for Castle just because he said “I love you” and his going to wait for Beckett…but for acting and looks, it’s DAVID BOREANAZ ALL THE THEY WAY!!!! I could write an essay about how David is so much better than Nathan. I don’t even think that Nathan is that attractive.

Comment by Jillian – November 9, 2011 03:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Um, Booth said “I love you” also.

Comment by lau – November 9, 2011 08:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BOOTH!!!

Comment by MAC – November 9, 2011 03:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Castle FTW!

Comment by Asia – November 9, 2011 03:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gotta vote for Castle. He just has such a great personality and sense of humor. He is a romantic and a very loyal guy. Also, a great dad and son. Gotta love a guy like him.

Comment by Elle – November 9, 2011 03:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BOOTH! Always. He’s much hotter and the way she looks at Brennan and talks to her *sigh*. He’s way better than Castle.

Comment by ML – November 9, 2011 03:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post