Castle's Castle Battles Bones' Booth, Plus Alias vs. Jump Street as 'Cop Crush-Off' Continues

We’ve reached the Round of 16 in our Ultimate Law-Enforcement Crushes Bracket Tournament, where a pair of cheeky-but-dashing crime-solvers square off, and a gray-haired agent goes head-to-head with a babyfaced undercover cop.

No matter your preference, it’s time to sit down and vote in the polls below, then alert your friends and fellow TV junkies to do the same! As part of our single-elimination competition, only eight law-enforcing hunks will advance to the quarterfinals.

‘Cop Crushes’ Round 2 Ends With Dexter vs. Criminal Minds, Cold Case vs. Third Watch

Every afternoon over the next few weeks, we’ll launch another set of faceoffs that will test the strength of your respective character crushes. So make sure the right choice is made by heading down to our polls to vote for your favorites (Round 3 voting will be open for 48 hours), and hit the comments to justify your picks.

Eventually, our battle will boil down to a finale that pits the ultimate old-school crime-fighter against the ultimate modern-day hero. (Their female counterparts will have their later this month.)

Oh, and if you’re interested in the matchups we’ve got planned for the coming weeks, CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT THE ENTIRE 64-PLAYER BRACKET (then click again for a zoomed-in view), and sign up to follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV.

On your mark, get set, vote!

1. Angela says:

100% Booth

2. Emily W says:

Booth is way hotter than that castle guy.

3. Maureen says:

Booth & Castle, can I have them both?
    I’ll go with Castle, love my ruggedly handsome Richard :D

4. rogue says:

I don’t know why people are screaming about cheating. Castle is quite popular, it regularly pulls 10-12 mln in a very difficult time slot on Mondays, what, you think there’s not enough people to vote for Nathan Fillion? (not even counting his previous projects). That’s ridiculous. I am not even a regular Castle viewer, just voted for NF coz he’s awesome. It’s not so very surprising, Bones fans, he is a legend and has a huge fandom. If you have never seen anything with him, it’s your loss, and I would advise not to scream about it on every corner coz it won’t win many internets for you ))))

• A.L. says:

Boreanaz is a legend in genre fandom also and has a huge following, he was Angel/Angelus in both Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel for 8 years. That’s the reason his fans feel he should have won instead of Fillion. It’s not ridiculous ’cause both actors have big followings, both of them were Whedon-made-gods. Internet polls where one single person can vote hundreds of times doesn’t make for a realistic count: it’s actually impossible to cuantify the real number of fans for each of them, hence both fandoms believe their favorite is the most beloved one. Both fandoms, David’s and Nathan’s, are as justified to think so.

5. Susie says:

I admit this was a tough one but Castle got my vote. I’ve been a fan of Nathan Fillion’s since his OLTL days. As much as I loved Angel and adore Booth I’m sorry Castle is just cuter. And he is soo much more funny than Booth!!

6. Maureen says:

Although I do like Nathan Filion in his role as Castle I find him cute in his character relationship with Stana Katic (Beckett)and the rest of the cast. On the other hand David Boreanaz as Booth has a certain thing (whether it is edginess, hotness) or any other descriptive word one chooses to use, makes him stand out and IMHO is so far ahead of Nathan Filion (Castle)in the crush department. I like Castle but I love Booth (and David Boreanaz). So handsome and oh so hot! I need to take a cold shower. :-)

7. Janelle says:

NATHAN (:

8. Anne says:

castle. Hands down castle. the lovely smart ass

9. Whatajoke says:

Nobody and I mean NOBODY will convince me that there WASN’T CHEATING involved here. With all the people voting, it is statistically IMPOSSIBLE that one person can go down 11% points in one hour. This is even if the Castle fans voted non stop for that hour. Does that mean that NOBODY voted for Booth during that hour? Me thinks a little FISHY!! This poll was fraudulent.

• Realistically thinking says:

Lets think about this for a second. I have been watching this poll since it started. I saw how close of a margin it was. Castle was a little ahead at one point and they were even 50/50. Then I saw Booth ahead and then he dropped in votes, but not by much. I can believe if he(Booth) would have lost with 54/46 %. I could understand that, but when those votes jumped to 60/40 in that little amount of time, something does not seem right. David is a legend in his own right. He has been acting a long time. About 8 years as Angel and 7 seven years as Booth. Don’t tell me that there is not cheating going on. We fans of Booth just wanted a fair chance. If Booth would have lost fairly, then fine. However, I think there was some cheating going on. TVline,do it over and make it to where your votes only counts once and if Booth loses I will shut up. Until then, I know there was something screwy going on with this particular poll.

• Katie Hart says:

I was watching the poll very closely too (even took a screenshot when they were 0.1% apart), and two things happened right around the time Fillion pulled ahead. The official Castle Facebook site posted a link to the poll, and Castletv.net tweeted a link as well. I think that reasonably explains the jump – perhaps 2 million people hearing about the poll for the first time? Bones’ Facebook site didn’t post about it until hours later – late in the evening and not long before the poll was closing. Boreanaz recovered a bit then, but not nearly enough to win.

I love both shows, but I voted for Booth.

10. I now believe says:

To prove there is a way to cheat on online polls all you have to do is google it. There is a link that shows a person how to have their one vote count as more than one. You don’t believe that than go google it for yourselves. There needs to be a recount and tvline needs to find a way to prevent this kind of thing from happening AGAIN.

11. Carol-Anne Grice says:

Got to be Seeley Booth (David Boreanaz)

12. cathy says:

I love booth and the show angel no contests booth all the way

13. TLC says:

On another page, somebody explained how Castle fans had a huge twitter campaign for Nathan: “We all united to vote, it’s the way the Castle fandom works. Don’t be bitter just because Bones fans can’t do the same”.

Therein lies the truth: Castle’s fandom is genuine, devoted and UNITED.

BONES’s internet fandom is fractured, polarized, partially running on negativity and hate. It pains me to admit but BONES online fandom is a shame. If I’m honest, and I am, I have to give credit where it’s due: CASTLE fans, congrats!

I’m starting to feel ashamed to be part of the BONES fandom. Of course, to the fans outside the internet, the millions of loyal viewers: hat off to you, guys!
    Unfortunately, there is a portion of the online so-called BONES fandom who hates the show and wishes it got cancelled. They hate Hart Hanson and want him to fail along with the Finder, hate Booth and want the character to die, hate David Boreanaz and will do anything in their power to undermine him, hate Sweets cause he has scenes with Booth, hate Angela cause she tells Brennan that Booth is right. Why, you ask? Because they hate everything & everybody but Emily Deschanel. They blame anybody for not getting the story they want. It’s their irrational way or the highway. In this askewed view, they believe if they bash or hurt BONES, Hart, Stephen, David, somehow Emily Deschanel will win something – prestige, God knows what cause it’s absurd: a) if BONES fails, Emily won’t gain anything; she’ll lose because she loves the show; b) if David leaves the show, so will 50% or 40% of the viewers and it would be a disaster.
    Make no mistake, these “fans” will ALWAYS vote, on any poll, for Emily and AGAINST the show BONES, Hart or David.
    David Boreanaz fans, you have your answer to this conondrum: Nathan Fillion, Stana Katic, CASTLE’s devoted fans + BONES haters who call themselves “fans” = Fillion’s win.
    Look no further for the explanation but in our own garden: there’s someting rotten in BONES fandom.

• Whatajoke says:

Wow, Although I still think there was cheating involved with this, you make some very valid points. Some SO CALLED Bones fans hate David Boreanaz and it wouldn’t surprise me if they VOTED AGAINST HIM in this poll. The only thing that baffles me is that whenever Emily is in any poll, she loses badly to whomever she is running against. Karma is a Bi***!!!

• Judy Williams says:

You are completely nuts, We have waited for these two to get together so long, that Castle is a mere footnote of our show. I watch both and am satisfied with both programs but when you spout off explanations of getting votes in this manner in absurdities as you have it is just silly. There is enough crime drama love to go around. I love Nathan and David and Stana and Emily and I am just a bit more of a Bones fan than a Castle fan but love them both. Just quit the nutty observations when you have nothing to stand on when making crazy statements about viewer’s and their likes and dislikes on such personal levels. I tape both my shows so as not to miss them. But I am a major Bones Fan!!!!!!!:) Castle I want Kate and Rick together also!! I know she loves him and he loves her and they want to not say anything to mess up what they have. I watch both and believe their is room for both on my DVR and sometimes have both taped to catch up and stay tuned for news on the internet and and all of the media but come on no one can choose between Booth and Castle, I would take them both and just have to deal with that wonderful creamy dessert for ever on a spoon myself and suffer the sweet downfalls of that decision all alone. Booth and Rick all the way!

• petru says:

you are delusional and TL is so right! wow somebody had the guts to say it out loud!!! :0
        I lurk on alot of Bones message boards and forums. some are toxic with their meanness. I saw posters there bragging about voting for Castle just to spite Booth. Talk about schizophrenia :LOL how can you spite a fictional character? Psych yard!!!
        Ok just to burst you bubble Juddy Williams and prove Bones fans are major hypocrites, some idiot fans over at Lab forum like Beth05241 and NikkoGirl27 TempSe4Bones bragged about voting against Booth. on a Bones forum!!!
        NikkoGirl27 bluntly admitted she voted on PCA for Emily and Nathan against Booth. a reallife actor against a fictional character. I guess NikkoGirl27 confused the cop poll with the PCA poll. Too much voting will do that to you.
        Go check for yoursef. lots of fans of Bones are crazy and hypocrites.

• Yeah right! says:

Your fandom is not crazy at all! Bull!! Twittering Stana and wishing Emily to have a miscarriage is not crazy at all. This just happened recently so don’t even start with Bones Fandom. I bet I can find crazies and nutcases on both sides. You Castle fans are just as nuts as the Bones fans.

14. Sun says:

This was a tough poll, Bones against Castle.
    But my choice was Nathan,. U cannot say No, to that smile and those eyes.
    A reminder to everyone, Vote for Nathan and Castle in the People’s Choice Awards!!!!

15. Lara says:

You go Nathan !!!!!!

16. Judy Williams says:

Booth and Castle are great in different ways and I would choose either of them. I cannot choose but if I had to it would be Booth! I have watched him longer and He is so it to me! He truly wanted to get married and Parker’s Mother and Hanna turned him down and he and Bones finally got together and pregnant and having a girl. That makes him so sexy and Castle will always have a place in my heart also who says one only has to stop with one piece of Pie or one piece of wonderful chocolate cake? I am just saying!!!! Go Castle and Bones I watch and tape both of them……..J M W

17. ann says:

Booth all the way.. I think Castle is hot, but no where close to Booth….

18. Amanda says:

I like both David and Natham. They have different styles. But both are probably two of the most popular guys on TV theses days. Just see how many comments here , not so many in the other polls.
    Both got PCA nominations, with means both have big loyal fandoms.
    My vote was for….Nathan. …..He is just way too funny with the fans and for me that’s totally crushable

19. Hope says:

Big fan of both, David and Nathan. But I just love Castle soo much, that my choice was Nathan.

20. Zoe says:

Hurrah Nathan!!!!
    Castle fandom rocks !!

21. Robert says:

Castle rules the airwaves on Monday night. It is the best program ever!

• Anonymous says:

That is an opinion. You have a right to yours and I have a right to mine. I say Bones is the best show ever and Castle is no where near the caliber it is. 7 years is a good run for a series. We will talk when Castle has been on for longer than 5.

• Bluejays says:

No it doesn’t sweety. Hawaii Five-0 beats it in the demo every single week by a big margin. It also beat it last year in viewers and the demo. It also gets way more ad revenue than Castle. So actually, Hawaii five-0 rules the airwaves on Monday night.

And all I know, and I don’t watch Bones, is that David Boreanz is a huge hearthrob and is in all the womens mags and mens health etc and Nathan isn’t. A small dedicated fandom is the not the same as being a huge sex symbol that millions of women fancy.

• gerry says:

No it doesn’t! Check the facts and stop spreading your lies!

22. ihavenoname says:

What is it with fandoms? Do some people have the need to make it a real competition? Polls are nice, but online fandoms are scary.

If we’re talking about Castle and Bones and their leads (Beckett/Castle ; Brennan/Booth), then from one show I like the female character and will forever vote for her, from the other I will vote for the male character. So what? It’d okay to not vote for every single character of a show just because you like the show. IT’s not about (let me rephrase that…) It should not be about just which shows have better fans and fans voting more just to get their show #1… it should be about every fan voting for what they like the best in each category. And it scares me, and surprises me that that is not how the online fanbase works.

I may like a lot of shows, but if I have to choose one character in a poll then I may end up choosing a character from perhaps not my favorite show, but a characters that is so well written and acted that I cannot just vote for a show, I have to vote for the actor/character.

I read the comments and it’s scary…it makes no sense whatsoever for anyone to vote against a character”, so claiming to do so, sounds strange to me. People must like the other character then, or otherwise why vote at all? And “fans” claiming one fandom is nicer than the other? I think that the fans who believe that any other fan actually votes against a character just to not vote for someone else are strange. because even if someone would claim to do so, I don’t believe it for a second. Perhaps that makes me gullible…

23. anna says:

Not fair. The two most popular guys on Prime TV, David and Nathan against easy other???
    Nathan won but names were very close. I didn’t vote because I really couldn’t decide. But I am ready to vote for Nathan in the next poll. Go Nathan!
    I think they r different type of actors. Both very talented, but David plays more the hottest part while Nathan plays the charming part.
    A lot of people belong to both fandoms, Bone and Castle.

24. steph says:

BOOTH all the ways (and always a soft spot in my heart for Johnny Deep, pre-Jack Sparrow.)

25. Kersten robinson says:

Yea,i have been a david boreanaz fan since 1997 when he was playing angel and have loved and followed him since. I love u david!!! <3

26. June says:

Nathan and David are both great actors , with popular shows and strong fandoms.
    I like both and I hope one of them gets the People’s Choice Award. The best 2 guys in TV these days. Don’t ask me to chose :(

27. TJCrinc says:

looks like fillion didnt have to “split” this time.

28. Sam says:

O_O OH NO YOU DIDN’T!

29. Det. Ryan says:

Yes sir! Sorry sir!

30. NONYA says:

Obviously some have not seen castle the past seasons… Beckett is rude to castle, Yes. Its called sarcasm.
    But it is often hilarious!
    And if anyone of those bones fans have even seen a wink of Castle season 4,
    You would know that she is incediably in love with him and praises his good work now.

31. littlesis says:

Nathan (Castle) love him!! He is the best!

32. Nikki Heat says:

Castle, you sexy thing…stop pussy footing around Kate and speak the L word with a commitment you fool.

33. Kasim says:

Booth duh! Guy knows how to fight and was in the special forces. US Army Ranger Sniper.

34. Jeanne says:

Booth !!!!!!!!

35. Random Tumblr-er says:

Are we REALLY basing this on looks? You guys are ridiculous! AND FANDOM WARS SUCK. IF YOU DON’T LIKE IT, DON’T WATCH IT.
    Castle is not a copy of Bones.

Bones is a fantastic show. Castle is a fantastic show.

WHAT THE HECKLES IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?

And try and show some respect for the actors please… they are people after all.

36. Val says:

Castle all the way

37. riley(girl) says:

I think that castle is way better than booth because if u think booth is better than castle u gotta be craZy becasue castle is a beast and would anything for beckett bc she is also a beast and he loves her and is way more creative than bOoth is he can also think his way out of any situation for example when he was trapped in a bank he used the morse code ro help becket solve the mystery bam I bet booth didn’t do that. Ha

38. Gina B says:

Booth all the way!!!

39. Emmy says:

BOOTH! All the freaking way!

40. sam says:

Booth all the way!!

41. chris says:

Booth and Jack Bristow

42. Miss Angie says:

I vote BOOTH. I’ve always loved David Boreanaz, he’s an extremely good actor and he’s got the body and looks to help it!!!

43. Jessica says:

Booth all the way

44. Anushree Modi says:

i adore castle… ture…
    but i am faithfully in love with only one cop… booth

45. Ella-Sander says:

Richard Castle all along <3 Time for Beckett to get aware of him being exceptional, this pair is meant to be, definitely.

46. Lan says:

Booth vs Castle…..Castle vs Booth. For me it’s the eyes and the voice, Castle comes out ahead. Booth is just a pinch under his rival; a McDreamy vs McSteamy cliche.

47. Castle lover says:

Its obviouse who I chose look at my name