Castle's Castle Battles Bones' Booth, Plus Alias vs. Jump Street as 'Cop Crush-Off' Continues

We’ve reached the Round of 16 in our Ultimate Law-Enforcement Crushes Bracket Tournament, where a pair of cheeky-but-dashing crime-solvers square off, and a gray-haired agent goes head-to-head with a babyfaced undercover cop.

No matter your preference, it’s time to sit down and vote in the polls below, then alert your friends and fellow TV junkies to do the same! As part of our single-elimination competition, only eight law-enforcing hunks will advance to the quarterfinals.

‘Cop Crushes’ Round 2 Ends With Dexter vs. Criminal Minds, Cold Case vs. Third Watch

Every afternoon over the next few weeks, we’ll launch another set of faceoffs that will test the strength of your respective character crushes. So make sure the right choice is made by heading down to our polls to vote for your favorites (Round 3 voting will be open for 48 hours), and hit the comments to justify your picks.

Eventually, our battle will boil down to a finale that pits the ultimate old-school crime-fighter against the ultimate modern-day hero. (Their female counterparts will have their later this month.)

Oh, and if you’re interested in the matchups we’ve got planned for the coming weeks, CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT THE ENTIRE 64-PLAYER BRACKET (then click again for a zoomed-in view), and sign up to follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV.

On your mark, get set, vote!

Comments (965)

• BOOTH!!! There’s absolutely no contest!

Comment by Torie – November 11, 2011 08:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I honestly have no idea why they keep doing this kind of pools,always putting Castle x Bones. It’s like they’re trying to create a war between the fandoms or something. That being said, Castle all the way. Sorry,Booth. I still liking Bones, but give me Richard Castle any day and I’ll be forever the happiest person in the world.

Comment by Drica – November 11, 2011 08:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m sorry but can someone explain to me how its physically possible for Castle to be hotter than Booth. I really like Castle, but Booth…. *Sigh*

Comment by BonesFringeFan – November 11, 2011 08:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Congratulations to David and Nathan for the People’s Choice Award Nomination.
    Good luck to both of them, both great actors. Although I must confess my heart goes to Nathan,

Comment by Maya – November 11, 2011 08:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love both shows (I’ve seen every episode of Bones and Castle) but CASTLE ISN’T A COP!

Comment by Ellie – November 11, 2011 08:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love them both, but I think Castle a little more!!! Love the whole cast, and the chemistry between Beckett and Castle. Whoever picked her last name did a good job….it’s so crisp! Love when she answers the phone, “Beckett! ” ♥

Comment by Pat – November 11, 2011 09:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CASTLE. &. BECKETT. ALWAYS.

Comment by cookystarr – November 11, 2011 09:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I absolutely love both shows….but I think Booth is sooooo much sexier!!! =)

Comment by Mz. P – November 11, 2011 09:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is a very difficult choice but I have to go with Booth. I have loved him longer.

Comment by Susana – November 11, 2011 09:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG. How am I meant to pick?
    MAL VS ANGEL????

Comment by lise – November 11, 2011 09:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nathan Fillion on Castle!!!! That’s my pick hands down!!!!!! ALWAYS!!!!

Comment by Jessica – November 11, 2011 09:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is why I love the castle fandom. You guys are hilarious!!! (i love josh and demming weighing in!) Nathan Fillion all the way! ( even thigh I’m not a bones fan, I do find David 6 ways to yummy…)

Ruggedly handsome, FTB. :D

MTAM

Comment by MTAM – November 11, 2011 09:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • for me its booth…. his is so hot, nice and would give his life for the people he loves. I think he is a true hero..

Comment by Gabby – November 11, 2011 10:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Booth! :)

Comment by Chelsea – November 11, 2011 10:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BOOTH ALL THE WAY

Comment by Amelia – November 11, 2011 10:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hands down…Booth is by far the SEXIEST!!!! ;-)

Comment by Shan – November 11, 2011 10:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BOOTH!!!!! All the way he is sooo hot :)

Comment by Alisha – November 11, 2011 10:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Castle is not a cop…neither is Booth, he’s a Federal Agent. He doesn’t yell, “Stop, police!” It’s “FBI!” Half the people in these match-ups aren’t technically cops – they are all crime fighters in procedural dramas or dramedies. Castle isn’t a cop…AND?

Comment by Joy – November 11, 2011 10:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You’re correct in saying that FBI agents are not cops, but I think FBI and CIA agents deserve a pass. People who work with cops or were a cop for a day I don’t think should be a part of this poll. I also don’t agree with some of the matchups, but TVline has their own method that they don’t care to share.

Comment by lacey – November 11, 2011 12:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What is wrong with you people? Castle is not even attractive. He can be a “wussie” sometimes.

Comment by Jillian – November 11, 2011 11:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAY Castle!

Comment by cc – November 11, 2011 11:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This poll is fixed.

Comment by Whatajoke – November 11, 2011 11:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nathan won!
    Anyway, CONGRATS to both, Nathan and David for the PCA Noms!!

Comment by Susie – November 11, 2011 11:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will always have a crush on Booth! Where do I cast my vote for him?!

Comment by Mg – November 11, 2011 11:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I forgot to add about how bad this poll was. Yesterday, Booth was slightly ahead and in a matter of an hour, he fell 11% points behind. Mind you now, an hour later. TVLINE is nothing but GARBAGE!!!!

Comment by Whatajoke – November 11, 2011 12:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I noticed yesterday that Booth was just barely ahead but when my friend voted at 7 Booth was losing by about 30%. I’m not happy that Booth lost but I’m not blaming TVline. I know from all the Eonline polls that some fans know certain cheating methods to use on polls so that they can hsve 1 vote count as 100. I really hope Castle fans didn’t cheat, because to me that’s really sad.

Comment by lacey – November 11, 2011 12:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Definitely, Castle. Love his smile.

Comment by Deb – November 11, 2011 12:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You go Nathan!!!
    He wins all the polls!!!!!!

Comment by Alyssa – November 11, 2011 12:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was unaware that people could cheat in these polls. This has to explain why Fillion won this poll. Seriously folks, look at Boreanaz and then look at that fat guy who plays Castle. David Boreanaz by a country mile.

Comment by Whatajoke – November 11, 2011 12:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Boreanaz might have abs (rhymes), but are they abs of being kind? Doubt that.
      And deltoids of compassion are not something to sneeze at either..

Comment by corgy – November 11, 2011 03:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Booth. I heart Nathan Fillion, but David Boreanaz has had my love since Buffy, season 1, and there’s no undoing that.

Comment by Ldog – November 11, 2011 12:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like them both. But why is everyone jumping to conclusions about cheating? In the world of Twitter and FB (the most popular social media outlets), who has thought that all it takes is one person tweeting to hundreds and thousands of loyal (and smitten) Nathan fans? That would surely cause the jump. I’m not saying that no one used their computer at work and their computer at home etc. but as far as it being cheating that caused Nate to win? I doubt it. I bet those that voted for him were all fangirls (or boys) from Firefly and beyond (or before as in OLTL etc). David is hot as well, but I also feel he’s unattainable and created. Nate you feel you ca

Comment by Crystal – November 11, 2011 01:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • DAVID BOREANAZ IS SERIOUSLY THE HOTTEST DUDE IN THE WORLD!!!!!!
    No one can vote any other cause it’s obvious he needs to win!!! :)
    I love youu david <3

Comment by Hey :) – November 11, 2011 01:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nooooo!
    Why, God, why?
    I love Castle sooo much whats equaly how I love Booth!
    Please God, make them both win! Do some of your magic!

Comment by Teodora – November 11, 2011 01:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This has to be wrong. Castle being ore crushable than Booth?!?!??!?!?! This is unbelievable! Booths scream ‘SEXY!’ while Castle… Well,he looks older ‘n doesnt scream anything,except maybe for ‘change channel to Fox to watch Bones’ :P DAVID BOREANAZ FOREVER!!!!!!

Comment by Emily – November 11, 2011 01:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Castle – no question. Booth has nothing on Hammer.

Comment by Kathryn – November 11, 2011 02:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Difficult! Booth is attractive in neadrathal kind of way but Castle is a more well rounded character…..Castle, all the way

Comment by Karen – November 11, 2011 02:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am crazy in love with Bones! So I’d have to say Booth all the way<3

Comment by Sophia – November 11, 2011 03:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Booth love him so hot

Comment by Jeanette – November 11, 2011 04:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Even if the poll is about the hottest one, not the greatest abs make an actor the most charming.
    I like Bones and David, but, Nathan Fillion is just charming , a very funny guy. So my vote was for him.

Comment by Sam – November 11, 2011 04:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • thank you for that comment. very well said. some people think that crushable means hot, and thats just shallow. its more than being hot, its the whole character&charisma. oh well, i guess thats just how it is, many just equate crushable with hotness only, how shallow are you? lol. nathan /castle all thw way! we won Castillons!!

Comment by kristel – November 11, 2011 05:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • excuse me? we did not cheat, we did a huge twitter campaign and we all united to vote, thats just the way the Castle fandom works. dont be bitter just because Bones fans cant do the same.

Comment by kitz – November 11, 2011 05:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • So you guys didn’t cheat???? Sorry I don’t believe that. You know why? Because anybody with eyes would never vote for fatboy over Boreanaz.

Comment by Whatajoke – November 11, 2011 06:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • we did not cheat, u r just BITTER that you lost. talk about being a sore loser. And, not evrybody is as SHALLOW as you who just looks at the phpysical image, if hotness is the ONLY thing that defines crushable for you, dont think that evryone is as narrow minded as you. Ha! Double Ha! Get over it already!

Comment by ??? – November 11, 2011 06:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • You CHEATED and TVLINE is a party to it. Desperate people do desperate things. If this poll was on the up and up, there is ABSOLUTELY no way that David would have lost especially to this guy. Ha double Ha!!!

Comment by Whatajoke – November 11, 2011 06:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Castle all the way. No arguments, everyone else is just second best.

Comment by jane – November 11, 2011 05:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Definitely Nathan :) I have worked with him over the course of this show and he is a beautiful person . And ruggedly handsome for sure !!

Comment by Stana Katic – November 11, 2011 06:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh, come on! How the fat guy can win against David Boreanaz? David – THE HOTTEST MAN EVER!
      Nathan go to the gym!

Comment by WHAT? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? – November 11, 2011 10:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Stana, you are too sweet :)Love ya!

Comment by Samantha Vinson – November 11, 2011 06:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What are my detectives (and Castle) doing on the internet right now? Get back to work! (Castle gets my vote)

Comment by Victoria Gates – November 11, 2011 06:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think we need a pose-off between Booth & Castle to help us make up our minds

Comment by Toni R – November 11, 2011 06:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BOOTH!!!!!

Comment by Ash – November 11, 2011 07:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t decide between Booth and Castle!! Both HOT, HOT, HOT!!!!!!

Comment by Julie Eichmann – November 11, 2011 07:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hmmmm its close but id go Castle…also after meeting both, I gotta say that Nathan is wayyyyyyyy nicer than D.B. infact Nathan is one of the nicest people I’ve ever met.

Comment by anna – November 11, 2011 07:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Booth, atw. Soooo sexy!!!

Comment by Jessica R – November 11, 2011 08:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Crossing my fingers for Nathan getting the PCA.

Comment by Victoria – November 11, 2011 08:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nathan Fillion is great. Sweet guy.

Comment by lory – November 11, 2011 08:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post